Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-18-17, 01:35 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
I read on McKinley's website that the bulldogs dominated Ahland in all 4 quarters.

I will let Raymo give the updates on the scrimmage.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-19-17, 11:18 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,448
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Pups don't have any BIG boys but play full throttle with full court pressure,sub in five at a time and have very good teamwork.Fun to watch,they will have problems with taller teams but they like the style their coach wants...LETS GO PUPS!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-19-17, 12:57 PM
Orangeman89 Orangeman89 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-02
Location: Somewhere winning!
Posts: 2,307
Orangeman89
Is Kobe playing any with the freshmen team or is he strictly playing up?

Our frosh scrimmage the Pups Tues.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-19-17, 01:31 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Is Kobe playing any with the freshmen team or is he strictly playing up?

Our frosh scrimmage the Pups Tues.
I don't know but if he isn't playing strictly with the varsity I would think he would be playing with the JV?

But who knows maybe he will play with the freshmen too.

What school scrimmage's with the Pups Tues?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-19-17, 01:54 PM
Orangeman89 Orangeman89 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-02
Location: Somewhere winning!
Posts: 2,307
Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
I don't know but if he isn't playing strictly with the varsity I would think he would be playing with the JV?

But who knows maybe he will play with the freshmen too.

What school scrimmage's with the Pups Tues?
Ellet freshmen only @ Ellet.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-19-17, 07:13 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Ellet freshmen only @ Ellet.
I quesss we will have to wait and see.Hopefully he will play.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-20-17, 10:59 AM
unc4life unc4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Posts: 156
unc4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
I read on McKinley's website that the bulldogs dominated Ahland in all 4 quarters.

I will let Raymo give the updates on the scrimmage.

Wouldnt take a whole lot of stock in Ashland's performance. Must of the team was still playing football the week before, must of the team might have had 2 or 3 days of practice before the scrimmage.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-20-17, 06:08 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc4life View Post
Wouldnt take a whole lot of stock in Ashland's performance. Must of the team was still playing football the week before, must of the team might have had 2 or 3 days of practice before the scrimmage.
Most of the team is football players? How many are starters?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-22-17, 01:16 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Anyone know the Ht's of the 1984 team?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-25-17, 11:51 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Any updates...Friday 11-24 Africentric Mega scrimmage.

Saturday 11-25 All-Ohio preview
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-26-17, 09:57 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,448
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulldog View Post
any updates...friday 11-24 africentric mega scrimmage.

Saturday 11-25 all-ohio preview
anyone??? Bam!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-26-17, 11:27 PM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,970
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
Bulldog rosters posted on CantonMcKinley.com
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-27-17, 08:22 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
Bulldog rosters posted on CantonMcKinley.com
Can someone please post the Varsity roster.On my and Raymo's computer/Internet it doesn't show the roster.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-28-17, 09:57 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
I got McKinley's roster from Canton McKinley's website...........

by ohiopup Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:31 pm

##
0 Kobe Johnson Freshman V 6'2 -
1 Deontae McCollum Senior V 5'10 -
2 Tymere Straughter Senior V 6'0 -
3 Ronnie McClain Junior V 5'11 -
4 Za'Vonte Hall Senior V 6'0 -
5 Jaedyn McCallup Senior V 6'5 -
10 J'Yon Johnson Senior V 5'10 -
11 Tyreece Nance Senior V 5'10 -
15 Khyree Woody Junior V 5'10 -
20 Charles Hatcher Junior V 5'10 -
23 Alijah Curtis Junior V 5'8 -
24 Sam Williams Senior V 6'2 -
34 Jasper Robinson Sophomore V 6'4 -
44 Tyler Headley Senior V 6'4 -
:>---
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-02-17, 11:14 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,448
Raymo is on a distinguished road
GameDay boys,your away from home so show Akron how we play McK basketball...BAM!...LETS GO PUPS!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-02-17, 11:36 AM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 3,961
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
What time is the game today? I know this is an all day event at Firestone.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-02-17, 01:45 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,448
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwpatfire View Post
What time is the game today? I know this is an all day event at Firestone.
Following the girls game 1:00.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-02-17, 06:11 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 3,961
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Final

McKinley 88
Firestone 58
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-03-17, 09:03 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwpatfire View Post
Final

McKinley 88
Firestone 58
Way to go Pups! There is little or none drop off from 1st and 2nd team.

And there is little or no drop off from 2nd to 3rd team.

McKinley plays all 14 players and did the same in scrimmages.

But the pups lack height.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-03-17, 02:00 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,448
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwpatfire View Post
Final

McKinley 88
Firestone 58
BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-03-17, 07:01 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
The Pups take on Louisville Tuesday.Louisville is alot better than last year and have a good team.

Lets go Pups!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-04-17, 10:25 AM
BigBallerBrand BigBallerBrand is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-03-17
Posts: 8
BigBallerBrand is on a distinguished road
Several very good non-league opponents. Will be interesting to see how they're playing at the end of the year, as this schedule could get them ready and make them dangerous come tournament time.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-04-17, 10:49 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Location: Ville
Posts: 652
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
The Pups take on Louisville Tuesday.Louisville is alot better than last year and have a good team.

Lets go Pups!

Louisville guy here. What exactly makes you think our Louisville team is better this year than last? We haven't even took the floor yet in the 2017-2018 season. The team is missing a couple key players due to injury. Our starting PG in out and even if he returns in January will not be 100% from the injury he sustained. There was heavy expectation he was going to be our main scorer this year. Losing him is a huge blow to the offense. The team is primarily guard oriented, only two seniors, coupled with a healthy depth of juniors and sophomores who wll look to contribute. Replacing Chris Liberatore's offensive output is going to take a group effort. Louisville will live and die behind the arc. They have a handful of guards who can chuck it however finding one or two players who consistently knock down shots will be a major question mark for this team. Please elaborate on why you think this year's team is better? I hate to throw us under the bus but this team is not going to run a track meet with Mckinley up and down the floor, nor capable of slowing down Mckinley's offense with a half court game. We have two young bigs inside, one saw limited varisty action as a sophomore, and the other didn't even start JV last year. Although there is height, both lack a strong inside game. Louisville is not going to intimidate anyone in the post.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-04-17, 11:43 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Louisville guy here. What exactly makes you think our Louisville team is better this year than last? We haven't even took the floor yet in the 2017-2018 season. The team is missing a couple key players due to injury. Our starting PG in out and even if he returns in January will not be 100% from the injury he sustained. There was heavy expectation he was going to be our main scorer this year. Losing him is a huge blow to the offense. The team is primarily guard oriented, only two seniors, coupled with a healthy depth of juniors and sophomores who wll look to contribute. Replacing Chris Liberatore's offensive output is going to take a group effort. Louisville will live and die behind the arc. They have a handful of guards who can chuck it however finding one or two players who consistently knock down shots will be a major question mark for this team. Please elaborate on why you think this year's team is better? I hate to throw us under the bus but this team is not going to run a track meet with Mckinley up and down the floor, nor capable of slowing down Mckinley's offense with a half court game. We have two young bigs inside, one saw limited varisty action as a sophomore, and the other didn't even start JV last year. Although there is height, both lack a strong inside game. Louisville is not going to intimidate anyone in the post.

Thank you very much for the info on the Leps,it's much appreciated.

I read somewhere that Louisville was going to be better this year.

The article said the Leps are going to be good this year.

I remember reading it and remember the Leps lost Liberatore,and that's why i remember reading it.

It was a preview of Louisville's team this year.Thanks for the clarification.

Good luck this year.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-04-17, 11:48 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Location: Ville
Posts: 652
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Thank you very much for the info on the Leps,it's much appreciated.

I read somewhere that Louisville was going to be better this year.

The article said the Leps are going to be good this year.

I remember reading it and remember the Leps lost Liberatore,and that's why i remember reading it.

It was a preview of Louisville's team this year.Thanks for the clarification.

Good luck this year.

Good luck to your Pups! I only wanted to point out a few things. I think the potential of the team is there and definitely talent but fighting through some adversity somewhat. Leps will come to play. I think Mckinley's ability to run the floor with depth will be the deciding factor.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-05-17, 09:08 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 3,961
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
McKinley 77
Louisville 63

Pups 2-0
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-05-17, 09:41 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
McKinley played all 14 players again.Freshmen Kobe Johnson scored 17 points.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-06-17, 08:57 AM
satriani satriani is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 158
satriani is on a distinguished road
Tough to get a good read on these teams based upon this game (Louisville's first game of the season). I think the poster above hit the nail on the head with his evaluation of Louisville, they seem to rely heavily on the 3 ball. McKinley, in spite of forcing nearly 30 (not joking) turnovers, still were only up by 9 in the 4th quarter. The only reliable ball handler I saw on Louisville last night was #20. He made some good passes to break the press and also hit some outside shots and rebounded well. The other guards looked young and a little tense dealing with the trap/press.

One of McKinley's bigs got into foul trouble early so that may have put them out of their game plan but they didn't seem to have much of a half court game. There wasn't much movement without the ball and when there was, I wasn't sure what the objective was other than a high screen and dribble drive or shot. McKinley got a lot of points on fast breaks and Louisville turnovers after a defensive rebound.

Still early for both teams but plenty to work on for each.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-06-17, 10:21 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,692
BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
There was a nice write up on McKinley's freshmen Kobe Johnson in today's Canton Repository.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-06-17, 12:10 PM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Location: Ville
Posts: 652
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Louisville had 27 TO to be exact. Leps kept within reach due to rebouding, FT's, and 3-PT shots. Mckinley executed their full court pressure as expected and harassed our young guards as planned. Honestly I was shocked we didn't lose by 20+ considering the TO ratio. Obviously Mckinley is on the schedule to help prepare us for down the stretch. Encouraging to see the seniors step up and hit shots. Johnson kid is going to be a dandy, he can do everything, and will continue to progress into a great floor leader in the coming years. Good luck to the Pups this year!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Week 10: Louisville Leopards (4-5, 4-2) at Canton South Wildcats (6-3, 3-3) LeopardNation Football 6 10-27-17 09:44 PM
Challenge Game (10/20): Canton McKinley (8-0) at Massillon Perry (7-1) JJBulldog Football 115 10-21-17 11:56 AM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 1) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 19 08-25-17 06:22 PM
How many games will Canton McKinley win this coming season??? IUDOGS Football 45 08-16-17 09:05 AM
Massillon Tigers Athletics DB135 Massillon Tigers 15 05-30-17 01:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz