Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-17, 04:47 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
TRAC looks to be down this year based on early scores and graduation of top players from last year.

Findlay 42 Start 50 - Findlay is rebuilding
Fremont 51 Anthony Wayne 59 - Fremont is rebuilding
Lima Sr 64 Anthony Wayne 63 OT - Lima lost Upshaw to football
Clay 56 Tiffin Columbian 38 - Clay not much size or depth, but could win more games in a "down" TRAC
St. Francis 42 Southview 49 OT St. Francis has the players. Need to have better shot selection.
St. Johns 89 Rogers 52 - Has there been someone quicker of the floor in the area than Williams. He jumps 3 times before everyone else jumps once.
Whitmer 58 Start 41 - Whitmer junior dominated athletic team.

St. Johns

Whitmer and St. Francis

Lima

Clay, Central, Fremont, Findlay - Should have competitive games with eachother
Down is an understatement. Might be the weakest the conference has been since its inception in 2011-12.
Old 12-11-17, 08:31 AM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Whitmer's win/score (38-33) vs Findlay is a surprise. Did Findlay stall?

Findlay didn't look very good vs Start. I would have picked Whitmer by 20+ in this game.

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 12-11-17 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-11-17, 11:37 AM
Varsity

dcal419 is on a distinguished road
St Francis vs Lima Sr plays Tuesday 12/12, just wanted to know peoples opinion on this game. Game is being played in Lima.
Old 12-11-17, 01:39 PM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Lima Sr. is not a great 1/2 court offense team. They need to create offense with their defense.

St. Francis has solid ball handling, so turnovers shouldn't be a huge issue, but they look like they can get sped up into taking questionable shots. Shot selection is key for St Francis.

I'll take Lima Sr. in a tight one because of home court advantage.
Old 12-11-17, 05:36 PM
Varsity

NWObballfan is on a distinguished road
SJJ gets 6'9 Arizona commit Shareef O'Neal (son of Shaq) in the first round of the holiday tournament. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...bztdEETh7I/pub
Old 12-11-17, 05:46 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Someone best check the SJJ bus' baggage compartment before they head back to Ohio.
Old 12-12-17, 09:31 PM
All World

A young Whitmer team roughed up Clay.
Old 12-12-17, 10:19 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Just got home from the Lima Senior - Toledo St Francis game,

Toledo St Francis - 55
Lima Senior - 54

Lima led by 4 at the half and St Francis played very well in the 3rd quarter to take the
lead then the two teams traded the lead a few times in the 4th quarter,Spartans missed lay-ups and foul shots at critical times, but St Francis looked pretty solid and made fewer mistakes and deserved the win.

JB
Old 12-13-17, 09:04 AM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I'll take Lima Sr. in a tight one because of home court advantage.
If anyone wants their team to win let me know and I will pick against them. Works close to 100% of the time.

Sounds like a great game between Lima Sr. and St. Francis.

St. Johns took care of Fremont as expected.

Whitmer took all the fight out of Clay.

1st look at Central tonight vs Maumee.
Old 12-13-17, 11:57 AM
Varsity

SJJ vs Lima Senior on friday night in the Titan dome. SJJ gets Ryan Christie in the lineup. Expect them to win by 20+
Old 12-13-17, 09:23 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWObballfan View Post
SJJ vs Lima Senior on friday night in the Titan dome. SJJ gets Ryan Christie in the lineup. Expect them to win by 20+
There's not a chance Lima Senior loses to Toledo St. Johns on Friday night, mainly because they don't play each other until Tuesday night.

JB
Old 12-14-17, 07:29 AM
All Yappi

Correcting my correction.
Quote:
SJJ vs Lima Senior on TUESday night in the Tit. SJJ gets new employee in the lineup. Expect us to continue arrogant ways.
FYP

No, no problem. Thanks not needed. Glad to help.
Old 12-14-17, 01:54 PM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Central beat Maumee by 4. Central is young and still getting their basketball legs.

Maumee lost their prior 2 game by large margins to Clay (19) and Springfield (29).
Old 12-17-17, 09:58 AM
All World

Been able to watch just about everyone in league and the preseason picks are about spot on.

No reports on SJ out of town so they must be losing but the competition is stiff. In league Whitmer/SF/Lima will have to bring their A game plus a little luck in order to beat the Titans. Williams is special and I just have not seen anyone who can match-up with him inside and out.

Although Williams and King graduate the league will look to be better as a whole next season as aside from SJ everyone is young. Whitmer is all juniors, CCHS is young with two (maybe 3?) sophs. starting, SF's only has one senior seeing significant minutes plus their talented freshmen should be able to contribute solid minutes in a year.

The Whitmer/SF game was a thriller the other night. The Knight's Jackie Harris is a player (6'6" 210). And I noticed Fiesel Crumby on the JV roster as one of those talented freshmen. I thought his dad coached at CCHS? Whitmer struggled a bit down the stretch but pulled it out last minute with the football player Rader having two key steals and Colbert knocking down a couple big shots. That game could have gone either way and might have a different outcome at SF. Both teams are a year away from being well rounded and deep.

I also got a chance to see CCHS take it to Springfield. Unsure how good Springfield is but I was impressed with Jonzell Norrils and Dallas Fields. Norrils does a great job running the PG position and for only being 6'2" Fields controls the paint.

I love seeing football guys playing basketball. Whitmer and CCHS both have several on the floor and the football kids are always more physical right away and seem to do all the things you cannot measure in a stat column (picks, close down lanes, defend, etc...).

On a side note Jack Miller called the Whitmer/SF game with Mason Lowery on Friday night and did a great job. We are lucky to have such good sportscasters in this market. Don King would be proud.
Old 12-17-17, 10:29 AM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Been able to watch just about everyone in league and the preseason picks are about spot on.

No reports on SJ out of town so they must be losing but the competition is stiff. In league Whitmer/SF/Lima will have to bring their A game plus a little luck in order to beat the Titans. Williams is special and I just have not seen anyone who can match-up with him inside and out.
Are you talking about the San Diego tourney? They don't play until the 27th.
Old 12-17-17, 11:56 AM
All World

So they have not been playing at all?
Old 12-17-17, 01:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
So they have not been playing at all?
They've only played 2 games. Holiday tournament will be 4 games in 4 days so their early season schedule is light. They also re-scheduled the CCHS game for February because of their football run.
Old 12-17-17, 01:36 PM
All World

Got ya.
Old 12-17-17, 09:16 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Although Williams and King graduate the league will look to be better as a whole next season as aside from SJ everyone is young. Whitmer is all juniors, CCHS is young with two (maybe 3?) sophs. starting, SF's only has one senior seeing significant minutes plus their talented freshmen should be able to contribute solid minutes in a year.

The Whitmer/SF game was a thriller the other night. The Knight's Jackie Harris is a player (6'6" 210). And I noticed Fiesel Crumby on the JV roster as one of those talented freshmen. I thought his dad coached at CCHS? Whitmer struggled a bit down the stretch but pulled it out last minute with the football player Rader having two key steals and Colbert knocking down a couple big shots. That game could have gone either way and might have a different outcome at SF. Both teams are a year away from being well rounded and deep.

I also got a chance to see CCHS take it to Springfield. Unsure how good Springfield is but I was impressed with Jonzell Norrils and Dallas Fields. Norrils does a great job running the PG position and for only being 6'2" Fields controls the paint.

I love seeing football guys playing basketball. Whitmer and CCHS both have several on the floor and the football kids are always more physical right away and seem to do all the things you cannot measure in a stat column (picks, close down lanes, defend, etc...).

On a side note Jack Miller called the Whitmer/SF game with Mason Lowery on Friday night and did a great job. We are lucky to have such good sportscasters in this market. Don King would be proud.
Who in the heck wrote this for IB?? Ainít retirement grand?? Great points of view for the local football know it all.
I love seeing football kids playing too, I remember sitting with a local football coach years ago, when Barksdate and Robinson played for Central Catholic, we counted loose balls for just one half of a basketball game, every time a football kid dove for the ball, itís a mentality...
Old 12-17-17, 09:19 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
They've only played 2 games. Holiday tournament will be 4 games in 4 days so their early season schedule is light. They also re-scheduled the CCHS game for February because of their football run.
Talking about Central Catholicís football run, not St Johnís football run, right? After all that was a run for St Johnís
Old 12-22-17, 09:35 PM
Varsity

SJJ beat Whitmer 53-35. Just an abysmal night from the refs. 22 combined fouls called in the second half. Think it's time for Truman to hang up the whistle.
Old 12-22-17, 11:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
SJJ beat Whitmer 53-35. Just an abysmal night from the refs. 22 combined fouls called in the second half. Think it's time for Truman to hang up the whistle.
that'd cost SJJ a couple wins a year.

I noted in the TAAC thread, over 60 foul shots in the rich schools game. Could just be the kids these days.
Old 12-23-17, 03:22 PM
All World

Trend these days is no one wants to officiate anything. Average pay to give up Friday and Saturday nights AND hear a bunch of crap? Way easier to sit in the stands and eat popcorn and critique that guy.

SJ is tough but the area is so down. Whitmer and SF are a year away and have to play perfect games and get some bounces along the way if they want to beat the Titans.

80% of SJ's points last night graduate this year.
Old 12-23-17, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
80% of SJ's points last night graduate this year.
Yeah but that doesn't mean next year they'll lack 80% of the points scored for someone, somewhere.

Can't imagine they don't have a couple graduate transfers lined up.
Old 12-23-17, 06:57 PM
All World

Yeah, I get that but SJ has always had a nice blend with a soph or frosh in the mix who will take the reigns the following year.

Maybe that kid will be McKinstry who has to sit half of the season? 6'4/6'5 junior I believe?

Last edited by irish_buffalo; 12-24-17 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-23-17, 07:50 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Yeah, I get that but SJ has always had a nice blend with a soph or frosh in the mix who will take the reigns the following year.

Maybe that kid will be McMinstry who has to sit half of the season? 6'4/6'5 junior I believe?
He actually gets to play after 6 games so he'll play the second half of the holiday tournament.
Old 12-24-17, 01:29 PM
All World

Quote:

He actually gets to play after 6 games so he'll play the second half of the holiday tournament.
Just 6 games? Did he not play a full season at Ross last year? I wish the OHSAA would simply abolish the nonsense rule but am curious as to why just 6?
Old 12-24-17, 03:42 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Just 6 games? Did he not play a full season at Ross last year? I wish the OHSAA would simply abolish the nonsense rule but am curious as to why just 6?
The clock starts when you transfer. He and Christie transferred in the middle of the season last year.
Old 12-24-17, 07:15 PM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean next year they'll lack 80% of the points scored for someone, somewhere.

Can't imagine they don't have a couple graduate transfers lined up.
Nah, we'll find a couple eighth grade kids from the inner city in search of a Jesuit education. 😀
Old 12-24-17, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Nah, we'll find a couple eighth grade kids from the inner city in search of a Jesuit education. 😀
Be honest. It's both. We just don't know the numbers.

How many of God's children will you ignore, just drive on by in order to get to that b-ball player? Don't bother answering, we know. As many as you can, unless they have the $$$.

Pretty sure that wasn't the original intent of "Jesuit" education so are you sure it's being supplied at Airport HS?