Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-17, 10:51 AM
Junior Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Ok, so if I'm reading correctly- Mcglynn is the head coach at Champion now, but remains AD at Newton falls? Is there a conflict of interest ?
Hold up, this guy is the coach at Champion but AD at NF? For some reason this doesn't surprise me...they seem to be chasing their tail in both of those programs. Doesn't NF have a football opening? Why would this guy be the coach there, where he is the AD????
Old 12-04-17, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
They could combine the Newton Falls and champion football teams and still be at the bottom of their tier.
Old 12-04-17, 03:58 PM
All Ohio

Joe Bernastat
I heard that the LaBrae coach may be interested in the Niles job.
Old 12-04-17, 08:24 PM
Freshman

TammyMarie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernastat View Post
I heard that the LaBrae coach may be interested in the Niles job.
Dont think he applied I know he wasn't getting an interview. Lots of quality coaches from the area who would have otherwise applied chose not to do so because the writing was on the wall didn't want to have to go back to their program and explain why they applied for Niles when they knew the job was already spoken for anyway.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from the BL club is that the panel of futbol experts loved what they heard from Jimbo. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 12-04-17, 11:23 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Is Bohren available. Heard he got tired at Southington and was ready to reinvigorate the one proud Red Dragon Tradition. Did it once at McKinley give the ole boy another shot!
Old 12-05-17, 11:01 AM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Bill Bohren is indeed available. He is looking for another HC job. I see him often at Cortland Lakeview games where he lives and out and about. In his eighties, he rides a bike outside for exercise. Would not be surprised if he gets hired again in his pursuit of a coaching goal.
Old 12-05-17, 11:35 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Bill Bohren is indeed available. He is looking for another HC job. I see him often at Cortland Lakeview games where he lives and out and about. In his eighties, he rides a bike outside for exercise. Would not be surprised if he gets hired again in his pursuit of a coaching goal.
God bless the ole boy. But who’s going to hire and 80+ year old coach? Maybe he could help a friend as a volunteer or even paid assistant, but I think his days of being in charge are over.
Old 12-05-17, 01:06 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Maybe. Yet he is still held in high regard in the area. Many area assistants would work for him and did. After coaching at Boardman, LaBrae, Lakeview, Niles and Southington in this area, he has his fans. He coached my oldest boy, an All-Everything player and Co-Captain. Still in good health and full of his BS. He is fun to talk with. He would like to win a few more games to hit a coaching milestone and I see some small programs who would give him a chance if they get an opening .
Old 12-05-17, 01:44 PM
Freshman

SixKings is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyMarie View Post
Dont think he applied I know he wasn't getting an interview. Lots of quality coaches from the area who would have otherwise applied chose not to do so because the writing was on the wall didn't want to have to go back to their program and explain why they applied for Niles when they knew the job was already spoken for anyway.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from the BL club is that the panel of futbol experts loved what they heard from Jimbo. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
My first post. I couldn't just sit back and chuckle any longer. I thought Parry would have been the best choice when Yager got it and couldn't understand why Shaner who got fired from East was the choice last time. I followed the Niles coaching search on here when Shaner was hired. I remember dist this old fly on the wall buzzzzzz thing you like to do. You had Parry getting the job then too. Did you do the same when Yager got it?

Did you ever eat your crow? How did you get it wrong then but know what's happening this time? I think the problems with Niles football have more to do with people like you who just throw mud against the wall than a guy who has applied multiple times for a job he wants. You have more power than Parry. You have people on here saying hopefully the administration does the right thing and hire some young kid from Hubbard without even any coordinating experience. How is that a good hire? Sounds like the Yager thing all over again if you ask me.

So if he gets the job it was backdoor deal, but if he doesn't? Sounds to me like you are just mad that you can't get a membership to the Benlin Club. If you ever get in take pictures of you and your flyswatter. I drive by that place evry day and always wondered what goes on inside.
Old 12-05-17, 03:52 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixKings View Post
My first post. I couldn't just sit back and chuckle any longer. I thought Parry would have been the best choice when Yager got it and couldn't understand why Shaner who got fired from East was the choice last time. I followed the Niles coaching search on here when Shaner was hired. I remember dist this old fly on the wall buzzzzzz thing you like to do. You had Parry getting the job then too. Did you do the same when Yager got it?

Did you ever eat your crow? How did you get it wrong then but know what's happening this time? I think the problems with Niles football have more to do with people like you who just throw mud against the wall than a guy who has applied multiple times for a job he wants. You have more power than Parry. You have people on here saying hopefully the administration does the right thing and hire some young kid from Hubbard without even any coordinating experience. How is that a good hire? Sounds like the Yager thing all over again if you ask me.

So if he gets the job it was backdoor deal, but if he doesn't? Sounds to me like you are just mad that you can't get a membership to the Benlin Club. If you ever get in take pictures of you and your flyswatter. I drive by that place evry day and always wondered what goes on inside.
Sounds like a Parry fan, possibly his brother?
Old 12-05-17, 04:05 PM
Freshman

TammyMarie is on a distinguished road
I sense a cynic among us I cant comment about the Yeager situation because I didn't pay attention to it and wasn't close to the situation back then. Maybe some people made comments about who was going to be hired and that person wasnt hired but it wasn't me making any comments I couldn't care less. I really don't care about this hire either way it was just brought up and someone asked who was going to be hired and I replied with what everyone in Niles has known since midway September. The 40 yard line gang would joke all year long during games. The cheer became "WWJD" and then the reply would always be "we will find out next year" There was no hiding the fact that those who run things were cheering for Niles demise so they could run shaner out and bring their boy in. They got what they wanted. I'm not even saying it is a bad thing but its sickening when you have good coaches not even applying and saying they won't bother because the hire has aleady been decided. Not really being fair to the boys and really how does the new guy expect respect out of his players when they see this all unfold the way it did. I just don't understand why a certain group is going about this pretending that the search process is on the up and up when everyone with a pulse knows differently. Just be honest for once. Doesn't give much credibility to the process and doesnt show a lot of character for the new guy. Shame.
Old 12-05-17, 06:03 PM
Freshman

SixKings is on a distinguished road
Tammy your theory is great provided it is true. If Parry had the power to get Shaner fired and his wife hired and on and on then yeah its a bogus process that is waste of time. I wouldn't argue that for a second. But YOU SAID THE SAME EXACT THING LAST TIME. Buzzing sounds and all. If you know this time how it is all unfolding how could you be so wrong last time? Why wouldnt he have just gotten the job back then? I said in begining that I thought Parry would be a good choice the last two times. Based on what i see on here I think he is as least more qualified than one candidate but I am not saying hire the guy or burn the town down. I'm surprised he applied to be honest as they told him no thanks twice. If coaches were afraid of a guy passed over twice then they will have a hard time aplying for any jobs. Every time there is a coaching opening in any sport in Niles Girard Howland or anywhere else you immediately hear that this or that guy is getting the job. Sometimes it turns out true but often times it doesnt. This just happend in Champion. I heard Shaner was a lock for that job but they hired someone else. I heard Kemp was going to be fired at Ursuline and take Niles job. Didnt happen. Dont think I am sticking up for how Niles does things. Nothing will suprise me with who the next coach is because the last two have been strange hires. I just don't think Parry has the power that you do or he would have been coach a long time ago.
Old 12-05-17, 06:34 PM
Freshman

dirkdiggler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Sounds like a Parry fan, possibly his brother?
I'm a fan of Parry. Does that make me his kin too?
Old 12-05-17, 06:50 PM
Freshman

Jake22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
I'm a fan of Parry. Does that make me his kin too?
I doubt Parry wants everyone to know Dirk Diggler is a fan.
Old 12-05-17, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

If the guy wants to coach niles and has a serious passion to make them better then good for them. Rigged process or not.
Old 12-05-17, 07:13 PM
Freshman

dirkdiggler is on a distinguished road
I agree with Spread. Get a guy with a passion for the job and see what they can do. No guarantees but I would seek out a guy who I thought had what I want. Kempe or Parry would have been my choice. Kempe said people called him. I think that's good and a welcome change rather than just waiting for people to apply. But even if Kempe had said yes there would still be a process like this if anyone on the inside applied. Does anyone know if there are teachers in the union that applied? If so this dog and pony show is required by law regardless if they knew who they wanted or not.
Old 12-05-17, 09:16 PM
All District

Hiring the husband of the principal and diregarding good canidates is just a bad look. The people of Niles seem to be fed up with the way things have been going but continue to stay in the same rut. I'm sure that this guy is enthusiastic about the job, but I know of 2 proven coaches who have won at their respective schools that are very interested in this job. They won't even get a fair look because of nepotism. In a year or two Niles fans will be complaining about the same things as they are now.
Old 12-06-17, 08:01 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Hiring the husband of the principal and diregarding good canidates is just a bad look. The people of Niles seem to be fed up with the way things have been going but continue to stay in the same rut. I'm sure that this guy is enthusiastic about the job, but I know of 2 proven coaches who have won at their respective schools that are very interested in this job. They won't even get a fair look because of nepotism. In a year or two Niles fans will be complaining about the same things as they are now.
Jaws, can you say who those coaches are? Did they get interviews? If they did get interviews you have to think that they have the same chance at anyone else.
Old 12-06-17, 08:18 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
Jaws, can you say who those coaches are? Did they get interviews? If they did get interviews you have to think that they have the same chance at anyone else.
No he can not. It's always these "phantom coaches" that someone's sister's brother's cousin told me about. Happens all the time on here. I love Niles and love the rivalry they had with us (Massillon) in the past. I wish them the best of luck in the future.
Old 12-06-17, 02:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
No he can not. It's always these "phantom coaches" that someone's sister's brother's cousin told me about. Happens all the time on here. I love Niles and love the rivalry they had with us (Massillon) in the past. I wish them the best of luck in the future.
I actually can but I won't out of respect for them and the schools that they are going to continue coaching. My knowledge come directly from their mouths, as did the dissapointment in how things were being run. One has told me that once he understood how things are being done there that he was relieved that he didn't end up there. His situation is better. Niles is a mess, this coaching search and upcoming hire just perpetuates that mess.
Old 12-06-17, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

When is this dog and pony show going to end?
Old 12-08-17, 10:10 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
When is this dog and pony show going to end?
will they "Tennessee" it?

I would imagine it would have to be over by first of the year. Need to get a coach in place before the recruiters start circling...part of this thread already turned into a recruiting pitch!
Old 12-08-17, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
will they "Tennessee" it?

I would imagine it would have to be over by first of the year. Need to get a coach in place before the recruiters start circling...part of this thread already turned into a recruiting pitch!
The recruiters are circling already
Old 12-11-17, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
is this done yet?
Old 12-12-17, 03:40 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Nope, when it is Tammy will be upset with what happens and we will have this thread again in another 4 years.