Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-01-17, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Thought I saw something where champion already hired a new coach. Maybe It was not champion but I cannot find it anymore
Old 12-01-17, 09:48 PM
All Region

coldshoulder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Thought I saw something where champion already hired a new coach. Maybe It was not champion but I cannot find it anymore
Here ya go....from the Warren Tribune Chronicle almost two weeks ago:

CHAMPION ó The Board of Education on Monday hired Timothy McGlynn of Austintown as the new head varsity football coach for the 2018-19 school year.

Board President Kelly Boyle said McGlynn was selected from 15 candidates. Boyle said McGlynn was selected based on his previous coaching experience and Ēhis philosophy of coaching.Ē

McGlynn was a head coach at Jackson-Milton for the 2008 and 2009 seasons and went 6-14. He also has been an assistant coach for Warren G. Harding and Austintown Fitch high schools as well as Hiram College.

He will also handle the districtís football physical fitness.

http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/high...ootball-coach/
Old 12-01-17, 09:50 PM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
According to Dana Balash champion hired Tim McGlynn who was an assistant at wgh and a head coach at JM...i.find it hard to believe someone interviewed at champion but wouldn't take it...sounds like fiction...is coach Bellino the OC or DC at Hubbard?
Old 12-01-17, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestdumbguy01 View Post
According to Dana Balash champion hired Tim McGlynn who was an assistant at wgh and a head coach at JM...i.find it hard to believe someone interviewed at champion but wouldn't take it...sounds like fiction...is coach Bellino the OC or DC at Hubbard?
What’s hard to believe? Have you ever been offered a job, after interviewing, that you turned down? It came from a reliable source. Not sure on the OC/DC question.
Old 12-01-17, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

Why offer a head coach job to a young kid who hasn’t even been a coordinator yet? Smells like BS.

Thanks for the info on champion.
Old 12-01-17, 10:16 PM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
My only point is why interview if you aren't prepared to take the job? I dont know anything about it but just from an outsider point of view it sounds more fiction than fact...plus what makes this coach ready to be a head guy if he isn't even a coordinator? Again you may be 100% right just saying it sounds questionable...word is Shaner was someone in mix for champion job as well.
Old 12-01-17, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestdumbguy01 View Post
My only point is why interview if you aren't prepared to take the job? I dont know anything about it but just from an outsider point of view it sounds more fiction than fact...plus what makes this coach ready to be a head guy if he isn't even a coordinator? Again you may be 100% right just saying it sounds questionable...word is Shaner was someone in mix for champion job as well.
Understandable. I just know I have interviewed for jobs, that after the fact I realized wasn’t a good fit and had to turn down offers. Only reason I believe it could be true is because of the source. Wasn’t Champions last head coach young and hired without any coordinator experience? I think his only head coaching experience was a track coach at Canfield, but I could be wrong. I also heard that shaner interviewed for Champion.
Old 12-01-17, 11:39 PM
All Yappi

Wagner was the OC at Valley Christian at a point in time.
Old 12-02-17, 12:39 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wagner was the OC at Valley Christian at a point in time.
Lol Yes I know, but didnít want to mention that as Iím sure being the OC at a school that was 1-9 played much of a role into The hiring process.
Old 12-02-17, 08:43 AM
Varsity

itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTown09 View Post
Lol Yes I know, but didn’t want to mention that as I’m sure being the OC at a school that was 1-9 played much of a role into The hiring process.
You asked if their last head coach had any coordinator experience. He simply answered the question. What their record was when he was OC is a different story. It does show that he was the head coach of one side of the football which some schools do value more than just being a position coach.

I believe Mosara is the DC at Hubbard? But I could be wrong.

Champion's new HC is also the AD at Newton Falls and had a prior relationship with Champion's AD. I'm not sure anyone else had a shot there either.
Old 12-02-17, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol Yes I know, but didnít want to mention that as Iím sure being the OC at a school that was 1-9 played much of a role into The hiring process.
Clearly you didnít. Carry on lol
Old 12-02-17, 09:23 AM
Varsity

Flying high is on a distinguished road
Sammy was offered job - dynamic young man who will be a head coach sooner than later. He wanted to go through the interview process and did not expect the offer Iím sure. Mcglynn did not apply - got the call when it was turned down and will continue to be the athletic director at newton falls ...
Old 12-02-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

Champion must be desperate to offer someone with no coordinator experience then. Bad situation to get into for anyone. Bottom feeders for foreseeable future.
Old 12-02-17, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying high View Post
Sammy was offered job - dynamic young man who will be a head coach sooner than later. He wanted to go through the interview process and did not expect the offer Iím sure. Mcglynn did not apply - got the call when it was turned down and will continue to be the athletic director at newton falls ...
Keep smelling that BS spread
Old 12-02-17, 11:27 AM
All District

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Champion must be desperate to offer someone with no coordinator experience then. Bad situation to get into for anyone. Bottom feeders for foreseeable future.
McGlynn was a Head Coach before, so not sure which coach you are referring to that has no coordinator experience
Old 12-02-17, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCoach47 View Post
McGlynn was a Head Coach before, so not sure which coach you are referring to that has no coordinator experience
Iím referring to the kid from Hubbard that was allegedly offered th champion job.
Old 12-02-17, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Keep smelling that BS spread
I will. Lol
Old 12-02-17, 03:21 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Hope belino is next in line at Hubbard and not John schiraldi. Hubbard lost a good one when giancola took a teaching/coaching job at lakeview. Eagles are loaded next year. Hope the current staff doesn't screw it up.
Old 12-02-17, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
this is hilarious stuff
Old 12-02-17, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Hope belino is next in line at Hubbard and not John schiraldi. Hubbard lost a good one when giancola took a teaching/coaching job at lakeview. Eagles are loaded next year. Hope the current staff doesn't screw it up.
Letís not turn this into a Hubbard 2018 thread.

Lol
Old 12-02-17, 06:07 PM
All American

Almost time to start the countdown. I can hear that eagle screech now!
Old 12-02-17, 08:12 PM
Freshman

TammyMarie is on a distinguished road
well this thread went in a different direction in a hurry. why do the same couple of posters always seem to highjack every single thread that has anything to do with trumbull and mahoning county football and turn it into their own little battle. geezis start your own thread. Lord knows you couple of guys spend enough time on here you should be able to figure out how to start a thread of your own.
Old 12-02-17, 10:00 PM
Freshman

Nilesflash95 is on a distinguished road
Yea, the job is Parry's.

Remember watching Bellino play in HS, great player.
Old 12-03-17, 01:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyMarie View Post
well this thread went in a different direction in a hurry. why do the same couple of posters always seem to highjack every single thread that has anything to do with trumbull and mahoning county football and turn it into their own little battle. geezis start your own thread. Lord knows you couple of guys spend enough time on here you should be able to figure out how to start a thread of your own.
Forgot this thread on Yappi regarding the Niles coaching search will be the high point for the red dragon faithful for 2017/2018. Sorry for highjacking. Until the next dragon coaching search thread in 2019?
Old 12-03-17, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Forgot this thread on Yappi regarding the Niles coaching search will be the high point for the red dragon faithful for 2017/2018. Sorry for highjacking. Until the next dragon coaching search thread in 2019?
Hahahaha
Old 12-03-17, 10:37 PM
Freshman

Quote:
You could very well be right. Don't matter to me one way or the other as I do not live in Niles just certain circumstances that bring me close to the situation so I chimed in with what I know. We're not all obsessive when it comes to high school football just fans. Any how Parry will last past 2019 he has the backing of the right people.
Old 12-03-17, 10:39 PM
Freshman

the interview committee tells you all you need to know about this phony dog and pony show. Two soccer guys who know nothing at all about football and a Jimbo friend. They should at least try to make it look like they are making an effort. Wonder if they are even going to bother interviewing him maybe over beers at the BL
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 12-03-17, 11:39 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Niles won't be good in the near future, the attitude over there stinks, from everyone involved all the way down to the players. Shame but I'll
Still sleep at night.
Old 12-03-17, 11:52 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying high View Post
Ok, so if I'm reading correctly- Mcglynn is the head coach at Champion now, but remains AD at Newton falls? Is there a conflict of interest ?
Old 12-04-17, 02:02 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Any more brain busters?