Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-17, 07:33 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
You are assuming that good coaches will apply. I'm not so sure. You have described the usual " search" and coaches have become well aware of that. And, there is the question of the cupboard being bare.
Old 11-18-17, 01:02 AM
Freshman

TammyMarie is on a distinguished road
Confirmed tonight what everyone in Niles knew and what I said on here 6 days ago. Pretty crappy that a group would strongarm a coach out just to get one of the clan in place but not surprising itz the Nilezzzz way. The pissy part is you pretend to be a supporter of the guy and go behind his back. Not saying keeping Shaner was right thing to do but just be a man about it and have some class don't back stab.

Now the dog and pony show begins. Interviews to follow and a pretending that they are doing an extensive process of interviewing the applicants. All the while Coach is already assembling his staff. Oh well welcome to your dream job. Just behave and dont get called into the principals office.

Bottoms up from the Ben Lin Club.
#flyonthewall
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by TammyMarie; 11-18-17 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-21-17, 10:07 AM
All District

muscleboy
Cool

Good luck to the Red Dragons on their new hire. Proud football town with tradition. When are the interviews taking place?
Old 11-21-17, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Some people on here have mental issues.
Old 11-21-17, 10:25 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Niles football has been irrelavent for 40+ years. There have been a couple good coaches since that the have been run off by the goofs in charge at Niles. refuse to change will never change.
Old 11-21-17, 10:47 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleboy View Post
Good luck to the Red Dragons on their new hire. Proud football town with tradition. When are the interviews taking place?
Took place in mid september around the dinner table.

"HONEY PASS THE POTATOES BY THE WAY WOULD YOU LIKE TO COACH THE FOOTBALL TEAM AT THE SCHOOL WHERE I AM PRINCIPAL ONCE WE FIRE THE CURRENT COACH"

"HERE YOU GO DEAR PASS THE GRAVY SURE I WILL BE COACH THANK YOU"
Old 11-21-17, 10:53 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymarie View Post
took place in mid september around the dinner table.

"honey pass the potatoes by the way would you like to coach the football team at the school where i am principal once we fire the current coach"

"here you go dear pass the gravy sure i will be coach thank you"

bahaha !!!!
Old 11-22-17, 03:50 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I Dushanbe needed to go, not sure who will get the job but they can't be much worse. If Jefferson was decent at all this year niles woulda went 1-9 instead of 2-8
Old 11-24-17, 05:22 PM
Freshman

The fly on the wall at the BL expects interviews wink wink to take place next week and the hire to come the next week after that. Even by Niles standards this has been the worse kept secret in town since in September. Persistence and a whole bunch of manipulation is the way to go so is the buzzzzzzzzzzzz in the old BL.
#flyonthewall
#acynicindeed
Old 11-29-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Any updates
Old 11-29-17, 05:26 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Any updates
deadline to apply ended today (the second deadline) dog and pony show begins tomorrow with interviews to make it look legitimate and then Jimbo will be hired next week. they had over two months to practice the script they better get an academy award for this one.
Old 11-29-17, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

What is this Jim Parrys coaching experience/ stats
Old 11-29-17, 11:51 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is this Jim Parrys coaching experience/ stats
He had a couple years of very moderate success at Mathews. The biggest issue is the nepotism here. His wife is the principal, there isn't going to be any serious search whatsoever. He is part of the ole boys club and was on Shaner's staff before. Absolutely nothing will change with this hire. The same old problems will still be the same old problems.
Old 11-30-17, 09:58 AM
Varsity

thgame50 is on a distinguished road
Not to mention his brother is the head of the Frontliners.
Old 11-30-17, 10:21 AM
All American

This is what is commonly referred to as " an inside job". lol
Old 11-30-17, 11:05 AM
Junior Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
http://www.wfmj.com/story/9287787/ne...ach-in-mathews

Don't know much about him, but I googled him and here is the article. I mean the man did go 39-33 at Mathews which includes a 10-0 season. Didn't have much playoff success but I would say that they could do worse....much worse...

There seem to be a few posters with inside information...are they are any other candidates scheduled for an interview or is he the only candidate interviewing?
Old 11-30-17, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Remember. There always has to be someone at the bottom of the barrell. If Niles really did this the way posters are saying, then don’t be surprised to see bad results.
Old 11-30-17, 02:17 PM
Freshman

Conducting interviews this week and a part of next week. Interviewing a couple of applicants to carry out the dog and pony show then will probably announce the hire at the end of next week. The BL clubbers are buzzzzzzzzing over this hire some of the ole boys club as Jaws31 referred to nodding in approval others livid because some possible candidates didn't even bother applying because they knew about the inner workings of the ole boys club and they knew this was decided a couple of months ago.
Old 11-30-17, 04:09 PM
Freshman

Jake22 is on a distinguished road
If parents are unhappy, then just use open enrollment or go to JFK. Parents spend 4 years hoping a school gets it right, then when it’s over for their kids, they wished they would have moved them. I know many kids that have went to better situations and not once have I heard them say they wished they would have stayed. Don’t be afraid of change. JFK gets a couple LB and they are poised to make a run next year because so many young kids had to play this year. Lakeview needs a few to match this season. Girard is going to make another run. The list goes on and on. Make a change or accept the crap your school does. Do what is right for your kid.
Old 11-30-17, 05:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake22 View Post
If parents are unhappy, then just use open enrollment or go to JFK. Parents spend 4 years hoping a school gets it right, then when itís over for their kids, they wished they would have moved them. I know many kids that have went to better situations and not once have I heard them say they wished they would have stayed. Donít be afraid of change. JFK gets a couple LB and they are poised to make a run next year because so many young kids had to play this year. Lakeview needs a few to match this season. Girard is going to make another run. The list goes on and on. Make a change or accept the crap your school does. Do what is right for your kid.
Amen. Your last two sentences are spot on.
Old 11-30-17, 07:44 PM
All American

Cant speak for others but the kids who elected to transfer into Lakeview have raved about the great choice they made , which led others to also transfer in. Transfers don't always work out, but for many , it's a change they needed.

Lakeview returns a lot of letterman from this years team, including some great skill players. Can't see much hope for Niles, new coach or not.

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 11-30-17 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 10:52 PM
All Yappi

I am rooting for Niles to get better.
Old 11-30-17, 11:03 PM
All District

Quote:
I am rooting for Niles to get better.
Me too. I have friends whose sons will be playing for the Dragons in the years to come. I hate to see them continue to be miserable.
Old 12-01-17, 01:19 PM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
The rumor I heard at lunch today is one of Hubbard assistants, Sam Bellino, got an interview lined up with the Red Dragons. I believe he had already been offered the Champion job? He may be a good fit for Niles, as he is young, experienced, and knowledabgle. Personally, I would hate to see him go because I would like to see him follow in the foot steps of Hoffman when his tenure is over.
Old 12-01-17, 01:50 PM
Freshman

Nilesflash95 is on a distinguished road
If that’s true that would be a steal for Niles, hope our administration does the correct thing..
Old 12-01-17, 03:45 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTown09 View Post
The rumor I heard at lunch today is one of Hubbard assistants, Sam Bellino, got an interview lined up with the Red Dragons. I believe he had already been offered the Champion job? He may be a good fit for Niles, as he is young, experienced, and knowledabgle. Personally, I would hate to see him go because I would like to see him follow in the foot steps of Hoffman when his tenure is over.
Champion or Niles?

That's a no brainer....Niles by a mile. I'm like YTown09, I really don't want to see any Hubbard coaches leave but if that's the case I wish the young man nothing but success (except against Hubbard ).

That should elevate that Hubbard/Niles game into a nice rivalry if he gets the job.
Old 12-01-17, 03:45 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Didn't champion already hire a HC?
Old 12-01-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Didn't champion already hire a HC?
Yes. From what i heard He was offered and turned it down. Maybe he wanted the Niles gig? Doesnít he teach there?
Old 12-01-17, 05:01 PM
All District

I believe it is a forgone conclusion as to who the coach is going to be. All interviews are to give the illusion that they are conducting an actual search. This way they can say tgat the principals husband was the "best person for the job."
Old 12-01-17, 09:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
Champion or Niles?

That's a no brainer....Niles by a mile. I'm like YTown09, I really don't want to see any Hubbard coaches leave but if that's the case I wish the young man nothing but success (except against Hubbard ).

That should elevate that Hubbard/Niles game into a nice rivalry if he gets the job.
So which one are you picking