Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-02-17, 05:26 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
St V will beat Woodridge by 20+. Grass or turf. I would not be surprised to see them win the region.
Thanks, Cougar! I see Hoban winning their Region as well! Although I would love to see Hoban-Barberton match up in the Regional Final. The Magic are TOUGH and talented. That would be a great match up.
Old 11-02-17, 05:27 PM
Varsity

3boys9sports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Is the playing surface at Woodridge turf or grass? If it's the latter will they leave it high? Although SVSM doesn't have as much speed as past years, so it may not make much of a difference.
They have grass. Both teams seem to be about the same speed. If the grass is long it would be due to the rain this week, not because they are trying to slow down StV.
Old 11-02-17, 05:30 PM
Varsity

3boys9sports is on a distinguished road
Don't see a blow out in this one. If both teams take care of the ball it should be a good game.
Old 11-02-17, 05:46 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys9sports View Post
Don't see a blow out in this one. If both teams take care of the ball it should be a good game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys9sports View Post
They have grass. Both teams seem to be about the same speed. If the grass is long it would be due to the rain this week, not because they are trying to slow down StV.
A good game is what I'm anticipating. As far as speed, SVSM does not have the speed they've had in recent years. Said earlier it may not make a difference. Eliminating TOs and INTs is crucial.
Old 11-02-17, 05:52 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
On turf......st v by 20+. In a mud bowl swamp at Woodridge st v by 7 to 10.
Old 11-02-17, 06:43 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Thanks, Cougar! I see Hoban winning their Region as well! Although I would love to see Hoban-Barberton match up in the Regional Final. The Magic are TOUGH and talented. That would be a great match up.
Agreed. Love to see that matchup. Great for the city and area.
Old 11-02-17, 06:55 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Wishing the Irish lots of luck, and a long playoff run. GO IRISH !!!
Old 11-03-17, 11:16 PM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
Good win for the Irish vs Woodridge. QB Lindsey looked good, showed mobility and seemed more confident in his throws and more importantly showed leadership during the entire game. Irish defense saw a very good QB from Woodridge and kept grinding with pressure and good DB play. Good team win.
Old 11-25-17, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Nice late season run for the Irish with lots of promise for the future. After the LaSalle loss, it looked like the Irish would be pressed to make the playoffs, but they persevered and beat Massillon and won out until the state semis. Seems like just yesterday people were calling for the OC's head and predicting the transfer of the QB. Hopefully, the run has doused the discord.
Old 11-25-17, 12:22 PM
All American

Agreed Clark. Very nice way for a young team to close out the season. Hopefully the lessons they learned this post-season will serve them well next year. I hope the QB decides to come back as well. If not, Stow will be getting a good one!
Old 11-25-17, 12:29 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Agreed Clark. Very nice way for a young team to close out the season. Hopefully the lessons they learned this post-season will serve them well next year. I hope the QB decides to come back as well. If not, Stow will be getting a good one!
The young man is very happy at SVSM. It will be a Dad decision. If he does decide to pull him, I hope he does it in January.
Old 11-25-17, 02:00 PM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The young man is very happy at SVSM. It will be a Dad decision. If he does decide to pull him, I hope he does it in January.
If they want their son to have a good chance to make playoff runs, he should stay put, rather than move to that Region 1 buzzsaw.
Old 11-25-17, 07:32 PM
Varsity

ViolentPacifist76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

For what it's worth, I would hope it's not even a decision. #9 will have plenty of talent and size up front returning. IMO the only thing that might prompt a decision would be the lack of in game coaching that I saw last night. There were no group/unit adjustments or gatherings on the STVM sidelines. #9 came off the field several times without having anyone on the staff in his ear or coaching him up...same thing as the O-line. Just an observation from an unbiased spectator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-17, 10:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentPacifist76 View Post
For what it's worth, I would hope it's not even a decision. #9 will have plenty of talent and size up front returning. IMO the only thing that might prompt a decision would be the lack of in game coaching that I saw last night. There were no group/unit adjustments or gatherings on the STVM sidelines. #9 came off the field several times without having anyone on the staff in his ear or coaching him up...same thing as the O-line. Just an observation from an unbiased spectator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't at the TV game, but I would have to agree with this observation based on the games I did see.
Old 11-25-17, 10:50 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
If they want their son to have a good chance to make playoff runs, he should stay put, rather than move to that Region 1 buzzsaw.
I agree, Stow has a quality program, but there are some real monsters in the region. Stow might get 2 games in, but the Irish are returning some major talent, and should make some deep runs. Congrats to the kids, for a great season. I'm already looking forward to next year, I think they are going to be fun to watch. GO IRISH !!!
Old 11-26-17, 06:46 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentPacifist76 View Post
The Top POST OF THE YEAR - this sums up part of the season. BOARMAN teams offensive Lineman and QB’s were always sitting together in groups (I am witness to this on both the Akron and Kent State benches) on the sidelines to communicate and discuss what is transpiring on the field. This requires continuous effort, while providing accountability and teaching the attention to details. One of footballs disciplines and it helps keep everyone involved in the game both at the player & Coaching Level. Teams that make adjustments and communicate can be successful. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

Last edited by StarstoShine; 11-26-17 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-26-17, 06:53 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
The Irish Team has the opportunity to be very special the next two years. What adjustments or changes would you suggest for the program? Let’s here any feedback?

Last edited by StarstoShine; 11-26-17 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-26-17, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

I don't get why the new staff would get away from the way the old staff did things, especially with the carry over from the old staff. Maybe they need to coax Pruvie Tomei back to the sidelines to get those offensive linemen to play to their potential.
Old 11-26-17, 11:33 AM
Varsity

sporty2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
This was by far the worse class Ive seen STV have in the past 4 years that Ive been around Hoban. They made the playoffs by the absolute luck of the Irish and cake walked to the final 4. Near 98% of good football players in 8th grade from Akron are choosing Hoban. From what the incoming class from last year told my son is that the only kids who didn't come to Hoban were kids that said Hoban was stacked and they didn't think they could play for Hoban. Your program is in an absolute decline. You better schedule light over the next couple years if you think your going to make the playoffs. Your prayers were answered once when God moved Hoban to D2. Maybe if you pray harder a college will offer Coach T a job he can't refuse. Until then keep basking in nothing.
Old 11-26-17, 11:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post
This was by far the worse class Ive seen STV have in the past 4 years that Ive been around Hoban. They made the playoffs by the absolute luck of the Irish and cake walked to the final 4. Near 98% of good football players in 8th grade from Akron are choosing Hoban. From what the incoming class from last year told my son is that the only kids who didn't come to Hoban were kids that said Hoban was stacked and they didn't think they could play for Hoban. Your program is in an absolute decline. You better schedule light over the next couple years if you think your going to make the playoffs. Your prayers were answered once when God moved Hoban to D2. Maybe if you pray harder a college will offer Coach T a job he can't refuse. Until then keep basking in nothing.
Arrogance combined with ignorance is a bad combination.
Old 11-26-17, 11:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well, thanks for clarifying that you are not a disinterested observer. The Irish won't schedule light as they've never scheduled light. I haven't seen anyone from SVSM bask in anything. They thought they were out of it weeks ago, so they sat back and enjoyed the unexpected ride.

As for this Hoban loyalty you've obviously developed in the last four years, explain to me how Hoban went from the "at least we do it the right way" when some of their fans whined about SVSM getting the top youth players to the superior attitude some of you are taking now while on probation.

Just a note as you raise your kid in a Catholic Christian tradition at Hoban. The proper behavior is to encourage all of the high school athletes in the area and hope for their success, not root against them, criticize their success and post antagonistic tripe.
Old 11-26-17, 12:38 PM
Varsity

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Absolute luck....laughable. Went on the road and beat a D2 state semi final team in week 9 to qualify for the playoffs.

St V....unlike Hoban....has never scheduled light in any sport. Quite honestly...it’s Hoban who runs away from St V when the going gets tough when it comes to scheduling. They’ve done it in the past and will do it again in the future.

I do enjoy though watching people like yourself living through your kids. The hate that some of the Hoban parents have for St V is unbelievable. All I can attribute it to is pure jealously.... which is the ultimate compliment.

I hope ST V stays true to who they have been. To say a program is in decline when they just played in a state semi final game. Really??

When you win a championship while not on probation...let us know. Right now everything you do has an asterisk next to it and is tainted. It just is.

I sure hope nothing comes up between now and June of 18. Those banners come down as easy as they go up..

St V’s 6 championships never coming down as they were all won the right way.
Old 11-26-17, 01:23 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Program in decline.........

Freshman 9-1

JV 6-2

Varsity State Semi Finals

90% Sophomores and Juniors at skilled positions.

9 straight years in the playoffs.....won their region 4 of the past 6 years with 2state championships.

St V 9-5 against Hoban in the last 14 games. Congrats...Hoban has won the last 5.

Thanks for letting us know the program is in decline. We’re shaking in our boots. Hope we can get by with 2% of the best 8th graders in Akron coming to St V.
Old 11-26-17, 01:25 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Program in decline.........

Freshman 9-1

JV 6-2

Varsity State Semi Finals

90% Sophomores and Juniors at skilled positions.

9 straight years in the playoffs.....won their region 4 of the past 6 years with 2state championships.

St V 9-5 against Hoban in the last 14 games. Congrats...Hoban has won the last 5.

Thanks for letting us know the program is in decline. We’re shaking in our boots. Hope we can get by with 2% of the best 8th graders in Akron coming to St V.
*****All done while not having their coach or school on probation.
Old 11-26-17, 02:25 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Absolute luck....laughable. Went on the road and beat a D2 state semi final team in week 9 to qualify for the playoffs.

St V....unlike Hoban....has never scheduled light in any sport. Quite honestly...it’s Hoban who runs away from St V when the going gets tough when it comes to scheduling. They’ve done it in the past and will do it again in the future.

I do enjoy though watching people like yourself living through your kids. The hate that some of the Hoban parents have for St V is unbelievable. All I can attribute it to is pure jealously.... which is the ultimate compliment.

I hope ST V stays true to who they have been. To say a program is in decline when they just played in a state semi final game. Really??

When you win a championship while not on probation...let us know. Right now everything you do has an asterisk next to it and is tainted. It just is.

I sure hope nothing comes up between now and June of 18. Those banners come down as easy as they go up..

St V’s 6 championships never coming down as they were all won the right way.
So what your saying is that you're praying for Coach T to get a big college coaching job?
Old 11-26-17, 02:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
*****All done while not having their coach or school on probation.
No school is more crooked that yours. That you will see very soon. Promises from old sporty.
Old 11-26-17, 02:31 PM
All American

Quote:
So what your saying is that you're praying for Coach T to get a big college coaching job?
Well, I'm sure there a number of colleges out there willing to cut corners and to tarnish the reputation of their universities in search of football wins. So I am sure he will have offers coming his way.
Old 11-26-17, 02:59 PM
Varsity

Quote:
No school is more crooked that yours. That you will see very soon. Promises from old sporty.
Please don’t try and drag ST V into your embarrassing situation as it relates to being on probation. Quite a reach on your part.....and pretty desperate.

Love to know your definition of “very soon”. 30 days....60 days.....?

Why don’t you put your character where your mouth is. Specifically define “very soon” in days or months, and when it doesn’t happen in your time frame you don’t come back to Yappi for at least a year.
Old 11-26-17, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You reallllllllllllllly need to do some research into the man you've decided to canonize, going back to his time at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Quote:
Why don’t you put your character where your mouth is. Specifically define “very soon” in days or months, and when it doesn’t happen in your time frame you don’t come back to Yappi for at least a year.
Sporty2015 will be around here just as long as his kid's at Hoban and they're winning.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 12-01-17 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-07-17, 01:03 PM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
St. V & St. M. Vs Barberton