Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-17, 11:04 AM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
To many kids given a position instead of earning it.
Old 10-07-17, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
He was on the SL @ Hoban game helping I was told.
He was definitely helping. He was really getting at the refs complaining about the Hoban DL getting their hands at the faces of the Irish O linemen. I just wonder if it is a more permanent arrangement than just the Hoban game.
Old 10-07-17, 03:15 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
You knew going into the season that the success or failure of the Irish season hinged, to a great extent, on the development of the offensive line. They acquitted themselves quite well in the Triway game which gave us hope for the season. Unfortunately, they have not been able to build on that early season success which leaves us in a very precarious situation for the remainder of the season. Hope is not lost, but the Irish face an uphill climb to the post-season. But the leprechauns may yet have something up their sleeves for the Irish! Go Irish!
Old 10-11-17, 09:02 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Frosh (7-1) STVM 27 St Ed’s 14
Old 10-11-17, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
You knew going into the season that the success or failure of the Irish season hinged, to a great extent, on the development of the offensive line. They acquitted themselves quite well in the Triway game which gave us hope for the season. Unfortunately, they have not been able to build on that early season success which leaves us in a very precarious situation for the remainder of the season. Hope is not lost, but the Irish face an uphill climb to the post-season. But the leprechauns may yet have something up their sleeves for the Irish! Go Irish!
Surprised that with their size that the Irish can't just hunker down and pound the ball straight forward on the ground.
Old 10-11-17, 10:11 PM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big09 View Post
To many kids given a position instead of earning it.
weird to see that happen when so many kids are recruited and promised things
Old 10-21-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Well, looks like the Irish are back in the mix after the Massillon game. I'm curious to hear about the QB change. Was it precipitated by an injury or lack of production?
Old 10-21-17, 12:49 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Well, looks like the Irish are back in the mix after the Massillon game. I'm curious to hear about the QB change. Was it precipitated by an injury or lack of production?
After listening to a good portion of the first half, my guess is the latter. It seems #9 has lost a lot of confidence in himself. The post game picture on the SVSM twitter page is quite telling.
Old 10-21-17, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
After listening to a good portion of the first half, my guess is the latter. It seems #9 has lost a lot of confidence in himself. The post game picture on the SVSM twitter page is quite telling.
Just looked at it and YES it is. Makes me wonder about the rumors.
Old 10-21-17, 04:32 PM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
I'm sure #9 will have a great Jr. and Sr. years at Stow playing for the big dogs.
Old 10-21-17, 05:54 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Irish on their big win over Massillon. I really thought the Tigers would win this one, I'm so very glad, that I was wrong. Go Irish !!!
Old 10-22-17, 06:06 PM
Varsity

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbica001 View Post
I'm sure #9 will have a great Jr. and Sr. years at Stow playing for the big dogs.
Hope it works out for him at Stow. He was given every chance at St V to be successful. Quite honestly the change could have-should have been made earlier in the season. Too many interceptions at key points in games that totally changed momentum (ie the pick 6 the week before against LaSalle,etc).
Old 10-22-17, 06:08 PM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Hope it works out for him at Stow. He was given every chance at St V to be successful. Quite honestly the change could have-should have been made earlier in the season. Too many interceptions at key points in games that totally changed momentum (ie the pick 6 the week before against LaSalle,etc).
The QB Coach is the baseball coach. 'nuff said.
Old 10-22-17, 06:32 PM
Varsity

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Sure is. Has been the QB coach for at least 8-10 years. His quarterbacks have won 2 state championships and have been in the playoffs for 7 years on a row. Two or three of his QBís playing college football right now.....including a true freshman last year who took Mount Union to the National Semi Finals.

Always the coaches fault though.......

All I know is the offense looked pretty darned good in the 2nd half Friday night with their season on the line.

Again.....I hope it works out well for the kid at Stow. JV and Freshman QBís have played pretty darn well for the Irish so I think theyíll be ok.

Nuff said
Old 10-22-17, 06:39 PM
All Yappi

Sounds like a lot of finger pointing going on on Maple Street.
Old 10-23-17, 08:39 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hope he stays at STVM; although that appears to be a long shot. He has as much talent as any D3 QB in the State, even though it hasn't necessarily always shown on the field. If he chooses to go to Stow, then good luck to him. From what I hear, he's a fine young man, and good luck to him with whatever decision he and his family makes. Either way, the Irish will be fine; next week and next year.
Old 10-23-17, 08:42 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The kid is good. He should stay. He won some big games this year to help the team get in the playoffs. This isnít a situation like the Browns.
Old 10-23-17, 08:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
I donít think the move has anything to do with Anthony Boarman being the baseball coach.

It was a gutsy move making changes in the second half and it paid off. If you look at the highlights of the game, the play calling changed and was not as conservative as it was against Barberton. That made a huge difference in the game.

This is a good headache to have with both QBs being good. Both will probably be on the field in playoff games in the second half in STVMs region. The strength of schedule is paying off.
Old 10-23-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hope he stays at STVM; although that appears to be a long shot. He has as much talent as any D3 QB in the State, even though it hasn't necessarily always shown on the field. If he chooses to go to Stow, then good luck to him. From what I hear, he's a fine young man, and good luck to him with whatever decision he and his family makes. Either way, the Irish will be fine; next week and next year.
Good call. I'm not a fan of kids moving around, but sometimes it just doesn't work out for a kid and a change of scenery can be good.
Old 10-23-17, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

I've had some very credible people tell me he's leaving and some very credible people tell me he's staying.
Old 10-23-17, 08:52 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good words.

I've heard the same about him and that he likes SVSM. Unfortunately his father has not made it easy for him, he's pushy, much like we heard about Mr. Clark. The Dad also got into a verbal confrontation in the stands with another player's parent at a recent game.
Old 10-23-17, 09:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Good words.

I've heard the same about him and that he likes SVSM. Unfortunately his father has not made it easy for him, he's pushy, much like we heard about Mr. Clark. The Dad also got into a verbal confrontation in the stands with another player's parent at a recent game.
Youíre blowing it out of proportion. The dad isnít as bad as people think or a problem. Sure a little frustration here and there..it was a wild season for you guys.
Old 10-24-17, 07:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Good words.

He's the same guy who came on here last year and criticized his son's teammates. Not a whole lot of foresight being exercised by daddy.

Hate this type of situation. Kid under pressure from all angles. Makes it tough for a kid to be a kid. By all accounts, he's a good kid.
Old 10-24-17, 11:19 AM
Junior Varsity

ksu315 is on a distinguished road
I hear daddy also wasn't real well received in Stow by the current coaching staff as he thought coaches didn't do enough to showcase or get older brother (who was a sr last year) a college scholly. also heard family and stow basketball coach didn't have a good relationship.
Old 10-24-17, 11:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu315 View Post
I hear daddy also wasn't real well received in Stow by the current coaching staff as he thought coaches didn't do enough to showcase or get older brother (who was a sr last year) a college scholly. also heard family and stow basketball coach didn't have a good relationship.
You donít have a very good reputation either around the Stow area.
Old 10-24-17, 11:57 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
KSU leave this family alone and stick to your travel baseball Hoban loving life. These are good people with a very talented Soph QB who just want what is the best fit & opportunity for their son. Worry about your Knight athletes putting undo peer pressure via social media on 8th graders to convince them to choose Hoban. The Holy Cross method of Networking....Pathetic
Old 10-24-17, 12:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
KSU leave this family alone and stick to your travel baseball Hoban loving life. These are good people with a very talented Soph QB who just want what is the best fit & opportunity for their son. Worry about your Knight athletes putting undo peer pressure via social media on 8th graders to convince them to choose Hoban. The Holy Cross method of Networking....Pathetic
He was the nimrod that said I was under investigation for soliciting a minor lol
Old 10-24-17, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

Oh Lord, here we go again...
Old 10-24-17, 01:33 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
I am using restraint!!!
Old 10-24-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote: