Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #841  
Old 11-14-17, 01:39 PM
Jet19 Jet19 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-23-16
Posts: 295
Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Given their numbers this year I somewhat wonder if Central will even be able to field a team next year with losing that many seniors.

I think in the south Central and Plains both definitely take a step back. I think Greenon's going to start to spring forward a bit.
I can't remember a year where everyone didn't say this about Central. It is so hard to tell in small school football. Some people don't stick with it and life happens sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #842  
Old 11-15-17, 09:19 AM
oleballcoach45 oleballcoach45 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 22
oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
I can't remember a year where everyone didn't say this about Central. It is so hard to tell in small school football. Some people don't stick with it and life happens sometimes.
Hey Jet19, What is with the story coming out of Jetland... I have heard rumblings through the grapevine that CHT (Coach Hat Thrower) is out after this past debacle of a season as leader at the reigns of a failing program. I think I ask you this before. However this time is sounds like the program is being handed off to the DC that could not stop peanut butter from falling out of the jar( lol) let alone stop any of the teams in the OHC North. Can you confirm?
Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 11-17-17, 11:10 AM
Jet19 Jet19 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-23-16
Posts: 295
Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Hey Jet19, What is with the story coming out of Jetland... I have heard rumblings through the grapevine that CHT (Coach Hat Thrower) is out after this past debacle of a season as leader at the reigns of a failing program. I think I ask you this before. However this time is sounds like the program is being handed off to the DC that could not stop peanut butter from falling out of the jar( lol) let alone stop any of the teams in the OHC North. Can you confirm?
No I can not. My little cousin played this season and has his entire life and is really upset how his senior year went after putting so much work in all those years. I am not in that loop of people. I can try and find out though. I have heard the same stuff you just said.
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 11-17-17, 12:06 PM
da-plane_da-plane da-plane_da-plane is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-04-17
Posts: 5
da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
No I can not. My little cousin played this season and has his entire life and is really upset how his senior year went after putting so much work in all those years. I am not in that loop of people. I can try and find out though. I have heard the same stuff you just said.
I always thought the school had to post the open position for a coach?! I didn't think they could just "pass the torch" to someone.
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old 11-17-17, 12:28 PM
Brutus SG Brutus SG is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-01-17
Location: Columbus
Posts: 59
Brutus SG is on a distinguished road
From what I understand about open coaching positions at the jr. high and high school level are the position is offered to someone within the district first (teacher, custodian, principle...) and then to anyone outside of the district who is qualified. Although passing the torch does happen at times. For example, I know of a h.s. softball coach that was resigning and he had a couple of people in mind that were well known in the community and had previously coached the girls in travel ball or within the youth organization. Those two were referred to the district and meetings were set up.
Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old 11-17-17, 12:29 PM
El Indio El Indio is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-04-09
Posts: 2,077
El Indio is on a distinguished road
Good Luck WJ! Make the OHC proud!
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old 11-28-17, 09:03 AM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
I think my suspicions of the OHC being down this year were proven in the postseason. Unfortunately, I thought WJ would fair a little better then they did.

The good news is, I truly believe we will be a much better conference again next year!
Reply With Quote
  #848  
Old 11-28-17, 10:24 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 1,346
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Does being a much better conference mean that the best team in said conference goes forward until it meets a MAC school? Several years ago a Marion Local football fan told me the OHC was a weak conference. I believe this to be a true fact until the OHC beats ( not comes close) a top MAC school weak the OHC will be.
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 11-28-17, 11:11 AM
WJ-OSU-STEELERS WJ-OSU-STEELERS is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-13
Posts: 87
WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
I don't know if the OHC will have a 2018 team as good as WJ was this year. It sounds like Mechanicsburg and Fairbanks will be better in 2018 than they were in 2017. WLS, I don't know what they have returning. WJ will be ok, probably more of a running team. Jamestown Greenview, I believe loses quite a bit and Madison Plains loses a lot. It would be great to see the OHC South just become competitive but as long as the participation #'s remain low, I don't see any change.

The OHC and all the small schools in the state of Ohio are chasing the MAC. Regarding football, Marion Local & Coldwater are on Ohio historic all time great runs of success over the last 15 years. Minster has had a nice run the last few years but even the MAC teams are trailing Marion Local & Coldwater. I believe WJ over the last 10+ years is right there/competitive with the rest of the MAC, WJ has fallen to Marion Local & Coldwater in the playoffs 5 times in the last 10 years. Only Kirkland has broken thru the Marion Local/Coldwarer stranglehold of Ohio small school football.
Reply With Quote
  #850  
Old 11-28-17, 11:14 AM
Brutus SG Brutus SG is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-01-17
Location: Columbus
Posts: 59
Brutus SG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Does being a much better conference mean that the best team in said conference goes forward until it meets a MAC school? Several years ago a Marion Local football fan told me the OHC was a weak conference. I believe this to be a true fact until the OHC beats ( not comes close) a top MAC school weak the OHC will be.
Thank you for your insight... It is much appreciated. Correct me if I am wrong wls, but I believe what wls was stating that the conference as a whole was down this year and in a year the teams will be a year older and stronger. I don't recall him saying anything about the MAC. Yes we all know about the MAC and that high school football would not exist without them. I as a WJ fan know the MAC well due to our run ins in the past before we entered the OHC while we were in the Mid State League. The MAC is good and the best small school conference in the state. Just don't understand why you mentioned them when they were not even brought up and had nothing to do with wls post. Cor
Reply With Quote
  #851  
Old 11-28-17, 01:33 PM
troyboy73 troyboy73 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-05
Location: springfield
Posts: 3,238
troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Rumor is Central will not field a team in 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old 11-28-17, 01:54 PM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus SG View Post
Thank you for your insight... It is much appreciated. Correct me if I am wrong wls, but I believe what wls was stating that the conference as a whole was down this year and in a year the teams will be a year older and stronger. I don't recall him saying anything about the MAC. Yes we all know about the MAC and that high school football would not exist without them. I as a WJ fan know the MAC well due to our run ins in the past before we entered the OHC while we were in the Mid State League. The MAC is good and the best small school conference in the state. Just don't understand why you mentioned them when they were not even brought up and had nothing to do with wls post. Cor
Confirmed, that's precisely what (and all that) I was saying.

Glad we could inject some MAC dominance into this thread though. No one from the OHC knows how good they are, the 0-26 record doesn't speak for itself. Let's just shut this thread down and make it about the MAC now...the OHC isn't worthy of it's own thread.
Reply With Quote
  #853  
Old 11-28-17, 02:02 PM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Does being a much better conference mean that the best team in said conference goes forward until it meets a MAC school? Several years ago a Marion Local football fan told me the OHC was a weak conference. I believe this to be a true fact until the OHC beats ( not comes close) a top MAC school weak the OHC will be.
No, it means that as a whole, the OHC will have better caliber football next year. Where does the MAC talk come into play? I didn't say that the OHC was going to win state titles in D5, D6 and D7 - you can't compare the OHC to the MAC right now.

The OHC is 44-23 all-time in the playoffs against non-MAC teams and 30-12 against non-MAC teams in the opening round. To call us weak is a little asinine. We aren't the MAC, but I think we've held our own among every other small-school conference in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #854  
Old 11-29-17, 06:51 PM
Grevw fan Grevw fan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-29-17
Posts: 6
Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
I don't know if the OHC will have a 2018 team as good as WJ was this year. It sounds like Mechanicsburg and Fairbanks will be better in 2018 than they were in 2017. WLS, I don't know what they have returning. WJ will be ok, probably more of a running team. Jamestown Greenview, I believe loses quite a bit and Madison Plains loses a lot. It would be great to see the OHC South just become competitive but as long as the participation #'s remain low, I don't see any change.

The OHC and all the small schools in the state of Ohio are chasing the MAC. Regarding football, Marion Local & Coldwater are on Ohio historic all time great runs of success over the last 15 years. Minster has had a nice run the last few years but even the MAC teams are trailing Marion Local & Coldwater. I believe WJ over the last 10+ years is right there/competitive with the rest of the MAC, WJ has fallen to Marion Local & Coldwater in the playoffs 5 times in the last 10 years. Only Kirkland has broken thru the Marion Local/Coldwarer stranglehold of Ohio small school football.
Greeneview only loses 6 seniors. They will have 12-15 seniors next season. I think they will be much better next year than they were this year.
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old 11-30-17, 07:57 AM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevw fan View Post
Greeneview only loses 6 seniors. They will have 12-15 seniors next season. I think they will be much better next year than they were this year.
That's great! I think the only team that takes a step back is West Jefferson (although I don't think it will be a big one). WLS loses their best athlete (Moell) and some of their more experienced / bigger lineman - but all in all I think they will be better too.
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old 11-30-17, 10:51 AM
Grevw fan Grevw fan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-29-17
Posts: 6
Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
That's great! I think the only team that takes a step back is West Jefferson (although I don't think it will be a big one). WLS loses their best athlete (Moell) and some of their more experienced / bigger lineman - but all in all I think they will be better too.
I wish we played you guys next year...we need to unload Wanesville and pick up a tougher team.
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old 12-04-17, 08:57 AM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevw fan View Post
I wish we played you guys next year...we need to unload Wanesville and pick up a tougher team.
I agree. We've had some great games the last few years. I am not a fan of our current crossover games - they aren't helping us at all. I wonder when the next time we play is? Hopefully 2019 & 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old 12-04-17, 07:36 PM
Grevw fan Grevw fan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-29-17
Posts: 6
Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Hopefully 19-20....do you know if there is somewhere that the list of the all ohc team players are listed for 2017.. I looked on the website but all that is posted is 2016 and later..would like to see the underclassmen on the list to see what is coming back for next season?
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 12-04-17, 11:23 PM
Pepe Silvia Pepe Silvia is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-13-17
Posts: 18
Pepe Silvia is on a distinguished road
Fairbanks is my favorite to win the North. We wonít know much about the south until the season starts IMO


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old 12-07-17, 09:42 AM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
Fairbanks is my favorite to win the North. We wonít know much about the south until the season starts IMO


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree Fairbanks will be much improved but that will be all tall task with all that WLS and Burg have coming back. And I'm sure West Jefferson will be just fine too.

The 4th best team in the North next season could probably either win the south and would no doubt finish no worse than 2nd. Should be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #861  
Old 12-07-17, 09:49 AM
Pepe Silvia Pepe Silvia is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-13-17
Posts: 18
Pepe Silvia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
I agree Fairbanks will be much improved but that will be all tall task with all that WLS and Burg have coming back. And I'm sure West Jefferson will be just fine too.



The 4th best team in the North next season could probably either win the south and would no doubt finish no worse than 2nd. Should be interesting.


Fairbanks won the North last year and only graduated a couple of players. Albeit one of them is a significant loss, but they have a really solid junior this year. Letís also not forget that there JV team last year went 19-1 or something like that last year...

There Freshman team was decent and I believe both 7th & 8th grade teams played in the championship game last year...they will be strong for the next 6 years or so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #862  
Old 12-07-17, 10:05 AM
El Indio El Indio is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-04-09
Posts: 2,077
El Indio is on a distinguished road
Pepe, I think you should have posted that on the OHC basketball forum.
Reply With Quote
  #863  
Old 12-12-17, 11:16 AM
wls_color wls_color is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-09-09
Posts: 302
wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
Fairbanks won the North last year and only graduated a couple of players. Albeit one of them is a significant loss, but they have a really solid junior this year. Letís also not forget that there JV team last year went 19-1 or something like that last year...

There Freshman team was decent and I believe both 7th & 8th grade teams played in the championship game last year...they will be strong for the next 6 years or so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fairbanks finished 4th in the North this past season. Are you talking about football?
Reply With Quote
  #864  
Old 12-12-17, 11:22 AM
Pepe Silvia Pepe Silvia is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-13-17
Posts: 18
Pepe Silvia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
Fairbanks finished 4th in the North this past season. Are you talking about football?


I was not. Whoops, wrong thread


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"For years, top turf company made millions selling faulty fields to taxpayers" longtime1sttime Football 12 12-08-16 12:55 PM
Team Ohio Jr Duals roster ShyGuy Wrestling 3 06-27-16 10:49 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM
IUDOGS: 2015 Ohio Valley Athletic Conference Preview IUDOGS Football 27 03-31-15 09:58 AM
Cadet Freestyle results CoachYing Wrestling 1 07-25-14 09:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz