Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-17, 09:26 AM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
And don't look now

But in a couple of months you could very well have Trotwood-Madison Basketball Boys and Girls playing for the state championship. No pressure on them or anything, I am just saying.
Old 12-06-17, 10:35 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
Kind of like Pick Central being judged based upon one game in September? From reading this thread I see that itís okay for TM to have an off night but not Pick Central.

Donít get me wrong... Trotwood was great. I rooted for them all season after they beat my Tigers. I was very impressed with them that night and I think you can make an argument that they are the best team in the state regardless of division. But the Pick Central team in September was not half as good as the one in November and December. Centralís offense took almost all year to get going...heck we struggled to score on Lancaster and frankly did not look that good against an 0-10 Groveport. Things started clicking late in the year and we averaged 42 points a game against playoff caliber competition.

Maybe Trotwood and Hoban would beat Central if they played today, but theyíd have to score in the 40s to do it. Pick North (who blew out Olentangy Liberty Wayne, and Centerville) only scored 35 points combined in 2 games vs Central. 28 of the 52 points Central gave up to Northmont and Bradley came against our JVs late in the 4th Quarter. And Central beat Colerain and Mentor both by 14+.

Thatís a pretty impressive resume...
Old 12-06-17, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Kind of like Pick Central being judged based upon one game in September? From reading this thread I see that itís okay for TM to have an off night but not Pick Central.

Donít get me wrong... Trotwood was great. I rooted for them all season after they beat my Tigers. I was very impressed with them that night and I think you can make an argument that they are the best team in the state regardless of division. But the Pick Central team in September was not half as good as the one in November and December. Centralís offense took almost all year to get going...heck we struggled to score on Lancaster and frankly did not look that good against an 0-10 Groveport. Things started clicking late in the year and we averaged 42 points a game against playoff caliber competition.

Maybe Trotwood and Hoban would beat Central if they played today, but theyíd have to score in the 40s to do it. Pick North (who blew out Olentangy Liberty Wayne, and Centerville) only scored 35 points combined in 2 games vs Central. 28 of the 52 points Central gave up to Northmont and Bradley came against our JVs late in the 4th Quarter. And Central beat Colerain and Mentor both by 14+.

Pick Central is good and they may have had a bad day vs. T-wood. But just for the record that's two bad days in the series because TM is 2-0 vs them over the last couple of years. PC is not scoring 50 on Trotwood not now not then. Stop it! I know it's hard to believe that your D1 state champs lost to a pretty lowly D3 school but they did and got handled pretty well. I was there and you may have been too. Trotwood was faster, more physical, more prepared and just better. It is all moot anyway because the game won't happen but again some of yall PC cats need to respect what them Rams did to yall in that hole in the ground of a stadium.. Respect that team. Anybody can have a bad night but PC found out thThats was not a bad night, that was a BADDDDD team your were playing. Without tht late touchdown they beat PC by 2 TD's. C'mon man. Put some Respeck on they name.

PS.. Hban beats them both. PC by a little more than Trotwood. Just sayin.
Old 12-06-17, 11:43 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
My point is, nobody involved with Trotwood cares if they're being judged that trophy says "state champions" for eternity. 5 years from now no one will say "they won but,,,". 1 game doesn't define how they play. They were good enough on that day. That's like going into a classroom on a bad day and determining if the teacher is bad just off that day.
Old 12-06-17, 02:18 PM
Freshman

just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Hoban is the best team in the state regardless of Division. I think they beat PC soundly and Trotwood soundly. Winton Woods is a heck of a football team. Hoban handled them. Their ability to load up with depth and skill is reminiscent of the larger Catholics the past 20 or so years. They are the new private juggernaut. OHSAA should seriously considered moving them up to DI but I think there is a provision in competitive balance that prevents a team from moving up more than 1 division. Otherwise I believe they would have been playing for and winning the big school title last weekend.

Trotwood is #2
Winton Woods is number #3
PC #4
Mentor #5

I will stop right there..
I agree 100% Trotwood is number 2 but I know they would have loved to play Hoban.
Old 12-06-17, 02:54 PM
All American

#letsgetit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post

The difference is Trotwood was able to hang on and win on their off night.
Old 12-07-17, 08:18 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
No off night for Trotwood. They played a very good team and won. Congrats to Trotwood. Best D3 team in Ohio undisputed. Quite possibly best team in the state (certainly top 5 imo).

Storied Rivals started with the Tri-Valley football team roughly 8 years ago. I believe it was the first team in any sport for which they did video highlights. Now they do multiple sports for many many teams in eastern and central Ohio.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D0F8&FORM=VIRE
Old 12-08-17, 08:02 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Somebody has some sense, Trotwood #1 team in OHIO in ALL divisions..... http://highschoolfootballamerica.com...a-ohio-top-25/
Old 12-08-17, 07:27 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1coach2 View Post
No off night for Trotwood. They played a very good team and won. Congrats to Trotwood. Best D3 team in Ohio undisputed. Quite possibly best team in the state (certainly top 5 imo).
Similar to my thoughts.

Tri-Valley had to beat Bishop Hartley and then Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary to get to the D3 finals...not an easy task for any team in any division.

It wasn't just luck...Tri-Valley was obviously legit (and underrated) and gave Trotwood Madison a heck of a game.