Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-07-17, 02:04 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Agreed, that was too much. That being said, the way that it went down or didn't go down was a sign of extreme dysfunction.
Here is how it went down ... 49erd trade for Garoppolo (because Bill wanted Hoyer as his backup) ... Hue blows a gasket and demands they go get McCarren ... Sashi calls the Bengals who for ask for a 2nd & 3rd round pick ... Sashi turns them down ... Hue goes crying to the Haslem ... who then tell Brown to do the trade ... Brown is POed and screws it up ... still the best move of the day. Hue Jackson is nothing more that an incompetent back stabbing kiss a-- ... who I wish would go back to Cincinnati where he fits right in with the no disciplined (non-playoff winning) Marvin Lewis.

PS -- Sorry had to troll Cincinnati a little
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-17, 02:10 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Here is how it went down ... 49erd trade for Garoppolo (because Bill wanted Hoyer as his backup) ... Hue blows a gasket and demands they go get McCarren ... Sashi calls the Bengals who for ask for a 2nd & 3rd round pick ... Sashi turns them down ... Hue goes crying to the Haslem ... who then tell Brown to do the trade ... Brown is POed and screws it up ... still the best move of the day. Hue Jackson is nothing more that an incompetent back stabbing kiss a-- ... who I wish would go back to Cincinnati where he fits right in with the no disciplined (non-playoff winning) Marvin Lewis.

What a damn mess Joe. I'm sure Jimmy and Dee will get it right this time.
Old 12-07-17, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
pfftt

As a Steelers fan, I know you'd love to see nothing more than a one-dimensional Browns offense where they emphasize the run and you can load the box and let your LBs shine, putting a poor decision-maker with no touch in 3rd and 5 or 6. Go back to your thread.
Right. I just secretly want to keep the Browns in the basement

Meanwhile, they've continued to do exactly what they've always done (and what you want them to continue to do), with the result being the worst stretch of losing in NFL history. I guess you're your own worst enemy
Old 12-07-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
The o-line was fine when Thomas was playing. Did you say the same thing when Kessler was savaged last year? Kessler had much better stats than Kizer with a much worse team. Results-wise, Kizer is worse than Kessler.
Don't mention Kessler's stats around here. It can send Cabe into a fit
Old 12-07-17, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

The guy who walks into this job is actually (other than being employed by a cursed organization) walking into a decent situation. Lots of good picks and a boatload of money. Not unlike the position David griffin found himself with the Cavs.
Old 12-07-17, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The guy who walks into this job is actually (other than being employed by a cursed organization) walking into a decent situation. Lots of good picks and a boatload of money. Not unlike the position David griffin found himself with the Cavs.
The Haslam's are going to have to overpay that guy, whoever it is. I'm sure we'll begin to hear rumors that Peyton Manning just bought a house in Medina, but the next man up is going to have to have instant credibility in order to bring in the right people. Clark is right, it isn't an undesirable job from a draft choice and cap space perspective, but losing permeates an entire organization and changing that culture will be a challenge to say the least.
Old 12-07-17, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
The Haslam's are going to have to overpay that guy, whoever it is. I'm sure we'll begin to hear rumors that Peyton Manning just bought a house in Medina, but the next man up is going to have to have instant credibility in order to bring in the right people. Clark is right, it isn't an undesirable job from a draft choice and cap space perspective, but losing permeates an entire organization and changing that culture will be a challenge to say the least.
Teddie Bruschi stated the obvious on ESPN today saying that free agents are hesitant to come to Cleveland because of their chronic awfulness.

Interesting snippet from Mary Kay Cabot's article today- "Brown, who was not on speaking terms with Jackson over the past month or so according to sources..."

I think Dee liked Hue best.
Old 12-07-17, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Teddie Bruschi stated the obvious on ESPN today saying that free agents are hesitant to come to Cleveland because of their chronic awfulness.

Interesting snippet from Mary Kay Cabot's article today- "Brown, who was not on speaking terms with Jackson over the past month or so according to sources..."

I think Dee liked Hue best.
Thus, the need to bring in someone with an NFL resume' of success.

I'm not taking sides here, because both the front office and coaching staff were culpable in the product we're seeing on the field, but if I was Hue Jackson, I'd be steamed, too. I think in the coming days or weeks, we'll be hearing about a toxic division in Berea that has been going on much longer than we think. I would imagine Jackson wanted certain players in the draft only to see a trade down or the player bypassed for someone else that fit the analytical profile. Jackson has some level of success in the NFL and I'm willing to see what he could do if some draft picks and some free agent signings pan out. Brown & Company were mostly dreadful and if I were to choose, I believe Jackson is the lesser of two evils. A comparison? Think of the last presidential election.
Old 12-07-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Bratenahl. The house he bought is in Bratenahl.
Old 12-07-17, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Don't mention Kessler's stats around here. It can send Cabe into a fit
I don't know what in the world could you be blathering about here.
Old 12-07-17, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree ... and as for the 'McCarren fiasco' it was the best move Brown made ... not giving up a 2nd & 3rd round pick for a career backup ... well done.
Yup.
Old 12-07-17, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Best job in football ... Browns GM ... work for 1.8 years get paid for 4 or 5

5 GMs in the last 9 years ... trust the process
I think that Sashi forced his own termination because Haslam was going to place someone above him. I just heard Ian Rapoport say essentially the same thing on the radio.

He's putting Dorsey out there as Browns GM. I'm not going to say "new GM" because Sashi never held the title.
Old 12-07-17, 06:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Thus, the need to bring in someone with an NFL resume' of success.

I'm not taking sides here, because both the front office and coaching staff were culpable in the product we're seeing on the field, but if I was Hue Jackson, I'd be steamed, too. I think in the coming days or weeks, we'll be hearing about a toxic division in Berea that has been going on much longer than we think. I would imagine Jackson wanted certain players in the draft only to see a trade down or the player bypassed for someone else that fit the analytical profile. Jackson has some level of success in the NFL and I'm willing to see what he could do if some draft picks and some free agent signings pan out. Brown & Company were mostly dreadful and if I were to choose, I believe Jackson is the lesser of two evils. A comparison? Think of the last presidential election.
Hue Jackson is the king of sure everybody knows it is not his fault ...

I am convinced signing Robert Griffin and thus not drafting Wentz was all HJ ... regardless of what HJ leaked out

I know HJ calls for a play-action pass on 3rd & 18 and then blaming the resulting INT on his rookie QB.

I know HJ gave his rookie QB 'the option to run a QB sneak' if he thought it was there ... then threw the rookie QB under the bus when he called it.

I know that it is HJ that wins one of 28 games as head coach and still thinks he is the greatest coach of all time ... Doesn't want to hire an OC because he know their offense is bad and doesn't want the blame to fall on the OC ... this may be my personal favorite HJ excuse.

I know HJ called a speed option left to the short side of the field ... then made sure everybody knew it was his rookie QB fault that it didn't work.

I know it took HJ who took 7 seconds to call a timeout after making a first down ... then having to kick a FG with only 5 seconds left and letting everybody know he could not trust his rookie QB in that situation.

I know it is HJ that does nothing to help his rookie QB ... not running the ball and calling almost all deep routes ... QB whisper my butt.

What amazes me is other people can't see this ... In Hue we trust, evidently ?
Old 12-07-17, 07:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hue Jackson is the king of sure everybody knows it is not his fault ...

I am convinced signing Robert Griffin and thus not drafting Wentz was all HJ ... regardless of what HJ leaked out

I know HJ calls for a play-action pass on 3rd & 18 and then blaming the resulting INT on his rookie QB.

I know HJ gave his rookie QB 'the option to run a QB sneak' if he thought it was there ... then threw the rookie QB under the bus when he called it.

I know that it is HJ that wins one of 28 games as head coach and still thinks he is the greatest coach of all time ... Doesn't want to hire an OC because he know their offense is bad and doesn't want the blame to fall on the OC ... this may be my personal favorite HJ excuse.

I know HJ called a speed option left to the short side of the field ... then made sure everybody knew it was his rookie QB fault that it didn't work.

I know it took HJ who took 7 seconds to call a timeout after making a first down ... then having to kick a FG with only 5 seconds left and letting everybody know he could not trust his rookie QB in that situation.

I know it is HJ that does nothing to help his rookie QB ... not running the ball and calling almost all deep routes ... QB whisper my butt.

What amazes me is other people can't see this ... In Hue we trust, evidently ?
He is the "quarterback whisperer" after all. I'd sure like to find out who in the hell came up with that one.
Old 12-07-17, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't know what in the world could you be blathering about here.
Of course you do
Old 12-07-17, 07:16 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
If you actively trade out of drafting 2 franchise QB's(one of which is an MVP candidate in his 2nd year) because you didn't feel either were 1st rd talents, then you should be done as a GM. Either his ability to evaluate talent isn't there, or whatever algorithm he supposedly uses to do so is broken.

And of the picks he has made, Kizer, Peppers and Coleman have shown nothing that indicates they are capable of being high level NFL players.

Good move by Cleveland.
Old 12-07-17, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

When we look at all of this and try to apportion blame, let's not forget this all goes back to Haslam.
Old 12-07-17, 07:29 PM
All American

Some of you may believe the Hue Jackson narrative ... I don't ... I remember that all the talk was the Browns taking a QB .... then they bring in Robert Griffin ... HJ becomes giddy about RG III ... and all of sudden we are now talking about trading down ... please people conect the dots ... It may not be all of Hue's call ... but he was more than on board about passing on Wentz and going with RGIII ... now he wants you to believe he wanted Wentz ... and he didn't hire an OC because he knew the offense was bad and didn't want the OC to take the blame ... My former Middle school students had more believable lies than this!!!
Old 12-07-17, 09:36 PM
All Yappi

Schefter and Mortensen reporting John Dorsey is the hire. I've wanted Eliot Wolf for two years, but well have to wait and see now.
Old 12-07-17, 09:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Schefter and Mortensen reporting John Dorsey is the hire. I've wanted Eliot Wolf for two years, but well have to wait and see now.
Good luck John ... watch your back
Old 12-07-17, 10:43 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Dorsey is a good hire. They have a truck load of draft picks the next few years. The most important thing above all else in the organization should be an ability to identify NFL talent. Dorsey has a proven track record of being able to do that,

He was responsible for drafting Aaron Rodgers at #22, Clay Mathews at #26, Greg Jennings & Jordy Nelson in the 2nd rd, Kareem Hunt & Travis Kelce in the 3rd rd, and Tyreeke Hill in the 5th rd.
Old 12-08-17, 05:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Of course you do
I've said since about his fourth game last year that the Browns have their back-up for the next 10 years

Why are you being such an idiot all of the sudden ? You had seemed to be coming around.......I should have known better......
Old 12-08-17, 05:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Dorsey is a good hire. They have a truck load of draft picks the next few years. The most important thing above all else in the organization should be an ability to identify NFL talent. Dorsey has a proven track record of being able to do that,

He was responsible for drafting Aaron Rodgers at #22, Clay Mathews at #26, Greg Jennings & Jordy Nelson in the 2nd rd, Kareem Hunt & Travis Kelce in the 3rd rd, and Tyreeke Hill in the 5th rd.
Terrific hire. Football Jesus has arrived.

I told you guys that this was a great job. Dorsey knows.

Thank you for setting this up, Sashi. Too bad your ego prevented you from recognizing your limitations. You could have enjoyed the ride.

One of the best parts is that we can be assured we won't waste one of the top two picks on an over-valued RB!!! Top WR or DB coming soon!! Maybe future LOT ?
Old 12-08-17, 07:13 AM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Wow, sounds like you were in the room. Of course you can substantiate this?
Old 12-08-17, 07:15 AM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Dorsey is a great hire - a true talent evaluator. No matter what words have been spoken previously, if he wants a new coach next year, Hue is gone. If he wants Hue to stay, he stays.
Old 12-08-17, 07:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Wow, sounds like you were in the room. Of course you can substantiate this?
If you think giving up a 2nd & 3rd round pick for AJ McCarren is a good idea ... then that tells me all I need to know ... your not a true talent evaluator.
Old 12-08-17, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

So, who are the QBs on the Browns 2018 opening day roster?
Old 12-08-17, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

at the azz-clowns whining "Rooney Rule?!?!" over the Dorsey hire. The Browns are the "blackest" organization in pro sports. Pizz off!!
Old 12-08-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So, who are the QBs on the Browns 2018 opening day roster?
Alex Smith, Deshone Kizer, Josh Rosen.
Old 12-08-17, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bratenahl. The house he bought is in Bratenahl.
With a condo in Gates Mills. Man cave. Sleepovers with Brad Paisley.