Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Winton Woods by 17+ 10 7.46%
Winton Woods by 8-16 32 23.88%
Winton Woods by 1-7 24 17.91%
Hoban by 1-7 21 15.67%
Hoban by 8-16 28 20.90%
Hoban by 17+ 19 14.18%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-17, 02:12 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post
Ok I read this one.How did your undefeated freshman team do vs Hoban....running clock. Until you can beat Hoban you will be irrelevant. At that point you earn the right to comment on Hoban threads. Your team was in a foot race with a bunch of 500 pound runners and you happen to weight 495 and you won the race.....congrats on your playoff run.
You know, you could try being nice to others once in a while.

You are doing a very bad job of representing Hoban.
Old 12-03-17, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Well.........we beat PC, screw your what ifís(if they played right now) we beat them on the field. Pick North, now Iím not sure about that, didnít PC beat them twice??

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
That's my understanding and I believe PC just beat PN by 17 points a couple of weeks ago. These national rankings are ridiculous and they don't resemble reality.

As for PC versus TM, are you telling me that the PC I watched play this weekend is the same team that TM beat? Judas Priest, Iowa beat Ohio State by 31 points how do you think it would turn out if they played again? I watched PC dismantle a very good Mentor team by 4 TD's while TM needed a goal line INT to beat a game, but undermanned TV team.

Now saying this is not a dig against TM - they are a great team that just won a state title. But PC has the numbers to grind D1 teams down with a 100 players on the roster. It's hard to imagine TM hanging with them TODAY.
Old 12-03-17, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post

I'm confident that the humble and gracious majority of the Hoban fans would cringe at the thought of him representing Hoban.
Old 12-03-17, 02:57 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6934339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Hoban knows they have built a good team and program....yet continue to schedule D3 and D4 teams in their non conference schedule (other than 1 game against Edís and Iggy). You want to be considered the best in Ohio....start playing the best (and WIN a game against them). Go play a Cincinnati team....a Columbus team....play Mentor....stop playing D3 and D4 and Canadian teams. ďArguablyĒ to be considered the best you have to play and beat the best.[/QUOTE

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/rankings/l...=boys,football

New max prep rankings just came out after weekend. Guess they donít agree with you? #6 nationally.
Now you sound like a Masslion fan. You must think they deserve their 20 plus high school championships that werenít won on the field.

When you can beat a St Edís (you havenít)...St Ignatius (you havenít)...you can start talking about being the best in Ohio. Start playing Mueller and St X if you want to be considered the best in Ohio. Max Prep rankings mean nothing. You werenít even the best team in NE Ohio based on your 17-3 loss...at home this year to Iggy.
Old 12-03-17, 03:01 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post

Now you sound like a Masslion fan. You must think they deserve their 20 plus high school championships that werenít won on the field.

When you can beat a St Edís (you havenít)...St Ignatius (you havenít)...you can start talking about being the best in Ohio. Start playing Mueller and St X if you want to be considered the best in Ohio. Max Prep rankings mean nothing. You werenít even the best team in NE Ohio based on your 17-3 loss...at home this year to Iggy.
Moeller....darn auto correct!!
Old 12-03-17, 04:28 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Masslion darn auto correct.
Old 12-03-17, 04:34 PM
All District

[QUOTE=sam the butcher;6934526]
Quote:

Masslion darn auto correct.
Lol....thanks Sam.
Old 12-03-17, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not where U start. Itís where u finish.

http://fantastic50.net/f50.html
Old 12-03-17, 07:11 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6934653]
Quote:

Not where U start. Itís where u finish.

http://fantastic50.net/f50.html
Bogus rankings as has already been discussed on this thread. It has Ignatius over Mentor when Mentor just beat them 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Again....have Hoban do it on the field if you want to be in the discussion for best in Ohio. 0-2 versus Edís and Iggy the last 2 years on your own field. Other than Canton McKinley....those are the only 2 D1 schools Hoban has played.

Not only has Hoban lost to Edís and Iggyís the last 2 years.....Hoban has only been able to score 1 TD in those two games.

Iíll take what happens on the field any day of the week versus a poll.
Old 12-03-17, 07:14 PM
Freshman

Akron Old Timer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post
It should read watch a team with some public school kids on it that if they played at their public school they would be irrelevant and no one would no who they are. They would just blend in. Now that they left and came to a program that cares about their future they have developed physically and mentally and now they get to go to college for free.

I know many public school coaches who work their off to help the kids in their program reach their academic and athletic potential. Win or lose they coach every kid that signs up for their team. Are there bad public school programs? Of course there are. But there are also bad Private school programs.
Old 12-03-17, 07:17 PM
Freshman

Akron Old Timer is on a distinguished road
Quote:

He needs to more mindful of his Holy Cross values
Old 12-03-17, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934671]
Quote:

Bogus rankings as has already been discussed on this thread. It has Ignatius over Mentor when Mentor just beat them 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Again....have Hoban do it on the field if you want to be in the discussion for best in Ohio. 0-2 versus Edís and Iggy the last 2 years on your own field. Other than Canton McKinley....those are the only 2 D1 schools Hoban has played.

Not only has Hoban lost to Edís and Iggyís the last 2 years.....Hoban has only been able to score 1 TD in those two games.

Iíll take what happens on the field any day of the week versus a poll.
Did on the field. 3 rings consecutively. Drew Pasteurís ranking based on math statistics. Not subjective.
Old 12-03-17, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Why donít you enlighten everyone why you are bitter at Hoban and their head coach? I wouldnít be talking about other people and how they represent Hoban without looking at yourself.
Old 12-03-17, 07:45 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
That's my understanding and I believe PC just beat PN by 17 points a couple of weeks ago. These national rankings are ridiculous and they don't resemble reality.

As for PC versus TM, are you telling me that the PC I watched play this weekend is the same team that TM beat? Judas Priest, Iowa beat Ohio State by 31 points how do you think it would turn out if they played again? I watched PC dismantle a very good Mentor team by 4 TD's while TM needed a goal line INT to beat a game, but undermanned TV team.

Now saying this is not a dig against TM - they are a great team that just won a state title. But PC has the numbers to grind D1 teams down with a 100 players on the roster. It's hard to imagine TM hanging with them TODAY.
I may be trolling cause I really don't care about any of this mess. But you gonna respect Trotwood sooner or later. They are 2-0 vs. you(PC) on a neutral field and at your home field. Yeah they are better and good enough to beat them now. Maxpreps got that one right. Don't know more care about PM. That's your hang up.
Old 12-03-17, 08:07 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6934689]
Quote:

Did on the field. 3 rings consecutively. Drew Pasteurís ranking based on math statistics. Not subjective.
0-2 and 1 TD in 8 quarters against Edís and Ignatius the last 2 years shows Hoban is not ready to compete in D1.

Congrats on the big win against McKinley. Maybe you should try the Federal League first?
Old 12-03-17, 08:13 PM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Your son can be a great player and you can be arrogant at the same time.

Good luck at Navy. Whoops, there was some good sentiment toward your son again. I cant help myself.
Lavar Ball is on here
Old 12-03-17, 08:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Your son can be a great player and you can be arrogant at the same time.

Good luck at Navy. Whoops, there was some good sentiment toward your son again. I cant help myself.
You mistake arrogance for confidence. Spare me your good sentiment on who you think is my son. Go troll on something related to your school or team of choice. Misguided.
Old 12-03-17, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934714]
Quote:

0-2 and 1 TD in 8 quarters against Edís and Ignatius the last 2 years shows Hoban is not ready to compete in D1.

Congrats on the big win against McKinley. Maybe you should try the Federal League first?
Edís lost to IGGY 3 times in the past 2 years. Does that make Edís not ready to compete in D1? Your logic makes no sense. Hoban is 2-2 against D1 programs the past 2 years. Losing to 2 of the best in the state does not take away from that fact. Hoban is a D3 school competing in D2 and doing fine. Now that they are D2 they will continue to schedule stronger teams that will play them.
Old 12-03-17, 09:22 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6934737]
Quote:

Edís lost to IGGY 3 times in the past 2 years. Does that make Edís not ready to compete in D1? Your logic makes no sense. Hoban is 2-2 against D1 programs the past 2 years. Losing to 2 of the best in the state does not take away from that fact. Hoban is a D3 school competing in D2 and doing fine. Now that they are D2 they will continue to schedule stronger teams that will play them.
You are the one who said Hoban was ready to compete in D1. Hobanís performance on the field says otherwise. Just the facts. 1TD in 8 quarters against two of the better teams in D1 the last 2 years.

Of course Edís can compete in D1. They have played and BEAT the better D1 teams in the state this year.....last year and the year before.
Old 12-03-17, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934768]
Quote:

You are the one who said Hoban was ready to compete in D1. Hoban’s performance on the field says otherwise. Just the facts. 1TD in 8 quarters against two of the better teams in D1 the last 2 years.

Of course Ed’s can compete in D1. They have played and BEAT the better D1 teams in the state this year.....last year and the year before.
I was responding to Akron old timer who said we should be playing in D1. He brought it up, not me. I only said that we could compete in D1, which we could. Our performance on the field clearly shows that we could. We out scored in our 4 games vs D1 opponents 101-41. Record 2-2. That is competing. To say otherwise is not objective. Most teams have lost to both Ed’s and IGGY, does that mean they cannot compete in D1? No. It doesn’t.
Old 12-03-17, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Eds: Hoban would have beat them had Sibley not gone out with cramps near the end. They competed toe to toe with them all game long

Iggy: first game for a freshman QB, he didn't do that bad for going against that type of competition for a first game. I have a feeling the rematch next fall will be very competitive.
Old 12-04-17, 09:28 AM
Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, we just beat the best team out of Cincy in a beat down. We have scheduled and played Edís, Ignatus and McKinley in OOC games but like Sporty says we canít get anyone to play us thus you see the Canadian teams pop in. Mooney, Ursuline and St V have been competitive in the past but are on a downward trend. Schedule was set before we knew we were moving up to D2 this year so that will change moving forward.

15-0 In playoffs last 3 years against the best D3 and D2 had to offer is not to shabby. 350 boys vs The over 1000 at St Edís, IGGY and Mentor would make you feel better then have at it. Hoban would have beat all 3 at the end of this playoff run.
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
Old 12-04-17, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
The same could be said about the Media outlets in the Akron and Canton area! Wow! They were very biased when it came to writing about NEO
Old 12-04-17, 10:47 AM
Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they werenít as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.

To be clear, I am on record as being a fan of Springer. He is a good follow on twitter or Cincinnati.com for the rest of the state to follow the very good football that is played in Hamilton county every year. However, it seems like this year he forgot about the rest of the state. He should take note from his colleague Mr. Snodgrass who does a better job of doing his homework outside of the 275 beltway.

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-28/108094534/
Springer 2:03 mark: ďIíve said all along the winner of WW Lasalle to me was the state champion.Ē
Springer 3:12 mark: ďI donít know much about Akron Hoban.Ē

[How can a journalist confidently claim the winner of Lasalle WW was the champion if he did not know much about Hoban?]

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-14/107676908/
Springer 1:40 ďI think this (Colerain v. St X) is the state championship game cause whoever wins this is gonna win it.Ē
Springer: 5:57 ďHow do you not see the winner of this taking it.Ē
Springer 10:10 ď(WW-Lasalle) this might be the state title game, the winner of this rolls."

And donít mistake this post as chest-puffing about the lack of a state championship for Cincinnati this year. To the contrary, we in this part of the state are fully aware of the awesome football produced by the Cincinnati area year in and year out. It just seems that this year Mr. Springer forgot about the rest of the state.
Old 12-05-17, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
Hoban joins some very elite company.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/hi...rsonal-records
Old 12-06-17, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they werenít as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.
1924-1972 Massillon 24 AP Poll titles, Zero for for 46 since the playoff era.

1924-1972 zero AP poll titles for any Cincinnati teams

The playoff era speaks for itself.

I think it's safe to say there is tremendous evidence of bias from the NE media that goes back almost a century.
Old 12-06-17, 10:56 PM
Cooling Off

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
From 24-72 there weren’t any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
Old 12-07-17, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
From 24-72 there werenít any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
There was a pretty good one in 1972.
Old 12-07-17, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
Old 12-07-17, 07:09 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
I think it is Hoban and LaSalle next year

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk