Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-03-17, 12:21 PM
All District

ctowner is on a distinguished road
With another year of double State titles, the MAC is as strong as ever. Expect more of the same next year. ML has to be the favorite going into 2018.
Have not heard of any coaching changes yet. Hope programs like PW and NB hold on to their coaches and give them a chance to establish some momentum.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-17, 12:56 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
With the H.S. football season unfortunately over, any final thoughts on whether the MAC was better than usual, not as good, about the same. Any truth to the rumors that Stokes is kicking the tires and looking for a new gig or any other coaching changes in the league.
is it true that Goodwin and Otten are kicking some tires....any truth to that?
Old 12-03-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Word is stokes is waiting for either the browns or bengals job to open up
Old 12-03-17, 02:22 PM
All District

ctowner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Goodwin has had many offers in recent years. When asked if he pursued them he responds something like what can they offer that I don't already have here? He rules the roost in Maria Stein. I think he will never coach anywhere else.
As for Otten, he is a success in his home town. Does not happen very often. As long as he continues to produce winners, like Goodwin why should he leave?
In 2007 Massillon courted John Reed. Big program, big facilities, a chance to re-establish a faded tradition. He stayed because Coldwater had become home and the values here were like his. Massillon could not match that. As things turn out, this was the best place for he and Jan given what happened two years later.

Old 12-03-17, 03:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowner View Post
Goodwin has had many offers in recent years. When asked if he pursued them he responds something like what can they offer that I don't already have here? He rules the roost in Maria Stein. I think he will never coach anywhere else.
As for Otten, he is a success in his home town. Does not happen very often. As long as he continues to produce winners, like Goodwin why should he leave?
In 2007 Massillon courted John Reed. Big program, big facilities, a chance to re-establish a faded tradition. He stayed because Coldwater had become home and the values here were like his. Massillon could not match that. As things turn out, this was the best place for he and Jan given what happened two years later.

years ago, Goodwin pursued the Mason job and came in second for that ..then maybe a year later he got the principal job, money talks.....
Old 12-03-17, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Otten will be here untill he retires. He now has a grandchild and his son in law is on the coaching staff. He has no reason to leave.
Old 12-03-17, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowner View Post
With another year of double State titles, the MAC is as strong as ever. Expect more of the same next year. ML has to be the favorite going into 2018.
Have not heard of any coaching changes yet. Hope programs like PW and NB hold on to their coaches and give them a chance to establish some momentum.

Between Parkway and New Bremen, the only one I can see resigning is Parkways but i bet he won't. New Bremen is on an upswing and theres no reason to leave that situation
Old 12-03-17, 08:19 PM
Freshman

Flyer_pride is on a distinguished road
Doubtful that Coach Goodwin stayed because of the money. The Marion Local School District is not known for throwing money around. Besides, his wife is probably the actual "bread winner" in the family.
I truly believed he never went to a bigger program because I can't image him trying to coach kids where he can't be bluntly honest or have to deal with being a salesman for the program. At Marion Local, he basically gets to coach football, be a principal and go home. No schmoozing or worrying about parents undermining him.
Old 12-07-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Ethan Wolf from Minster (Tennessee) for being selected to the East- West shrine game.
Old 12-07-17, 06:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Congratulations to Ethan Wolf from Minster (Tennessee) for being selected to the East- West shrine game.
Big Country.....has a great opportunity...
Old 12-09-17, 02:06 PM
All Ohio

This news is a little old but I just though of it. Congrats to Brody Hoying for being named 1st team all Mid-American Conference on defense