Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-28-17, 12:04 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Well since the series is fiction sure the writers could be positioning Rick's gambit as wanting to get thrown in the metal cage. But only in the feverish mind of an inferior script writer would that be part of any plan.

As for Gabriel getting captured on purpose I definitely missed that one! He was double crossed by Mayor Slimy and ended up with Negan by accident. It was only at that point that Gabriel decided his being with Negan was some part of a divine plan for Gabriel. So maybe I'm dense and missed the part where Gabriel planned all this but I didn't see it.

As for Maggie throwing the Mayor in with the saviors as a Hill Top spy I hadn't thought of that and I guess it would be a clever move if Maggie had any reason to trust Mayor Back Stabber. But sure now that you mention it I could see the writers moving in that direction where they can either "redeem" the Mayor through his service to Maggie or as you say he double crosses them and we all wonder why the hell she ever trusted him. But still it was fun watching him beg and get his head bounced off a metal pole even if it was all an act.

Yea at the end of the episode Maggie mentions Gregory is spying for them in the cage.

And Gabriel tells Eugene he is there to rescue the Hilltop gynecologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-17, 09:37 AM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...I loved Daryl smashing the pickup with the garbage truck...didn't see that one coming and Rosita smoking the savior with the RPG was epic!!!
Old 11-28-17, 10:29 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Yea at the end of the episode Maggie mentions Gregory is spying for them in the cage.

And Gabriel tells Eugene he is there to rescue the Hilltop gynecologist.

PantherProud, thanks, I missed both of these as I was half watching and half doing 12 other things (I used to be glued to the screen for this show). Thanks.

lotr10, good stuff as usual.
Old 11-28-17, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
The Walking Dead is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
PantherProud, thanks, I missed both of these as I was half watching and half doing 12 other things (I used to be glued to the screen for this show). Thanks.

lotr10, good stuff as usual.

That's ok. I totally missed Rick getting captured. I thought they just let him walk away.

Last edited by PantherProud; 11-28-17 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-03-17, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
The Walking Dead is Back!

They are promising something big during next week's mid season finale.

I suspect it will be full on Rick vs Daryl falling out, possibly splitting the group the back half of the season.

Doesn't Rick lose his arm in the comics at some point?

Old 12-04-17, 12:34 AM
All Ohio

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I suspect it will be full on Rick vs Daryl falling out, possibly splitting the group the back half of the season.

Back in the Governor days, if I remember right.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-17, 12:43 AM
All Ohio

About the only thing Daryl's "plan" accomplished was getting the saviors to waste ammo. I wonder if Eugene's redemption will be to monkey with the new ammo to make it pretty much useless.

Last edited by bob22; 12-04-17 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-04-17, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

They said they're going to forgo that plot for the series.
Old 12-04-17, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
About the only thing Daryl's "plan" accomplished was getting the saviors to waste ammo. I wonder if Eugene's redemption will be to monkey with the new ammo to make it pretty much useless.

I don't think Eugene gets redeemed at this point.

Old 12-05-17, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I love sunny warm days and I love wild, stormy days. What I hate are dreary, dull grey days. It seems to me that the writers/producers of the WD don't want anything to be "black & white" on their show. The world is grey where good & evil don't exist and atrocity is in the eye of the beholder. I mean come on, just when you thought the "Saviors" were the height of evil a whole half of a season is spent trying to humanize them and Negan. Please, it just comes across as boring & smug.

And for my money's worth Eugene is a moderately interesting character in very small doses. But a character you want to build an episode around - please. They had a chance to present a vivid, brutal & compelling war between Rick's alliance and the saviors this half season. They had spent the previous two seasons building it up towards that. So what do they give us? A disjointed, sloppy series of unexciting events as they stagger towards the mid-season finale. Frankly I'm surprised at how badly they screwed this up.
Old 12-06-17, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Episode 1 of season 7 of The Walking Dead drew 17.03 million viewers. Episode 7 of season 8 (the most recent episode) drew 7.47 million viewers. The show lost almost 10 million viewers in a season and a half.
Old 12-07-17, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Episode 1 of season 7 of The Walking Dead drew 17.03 million viewers. Episode 7 of season 8 (the most recent episode) drew 7.47 million viewers. The show lost almost 10 million viewers in a season and a half.

What were the ratings for 7x7?

Premieres and finales always have higher ratings so that is probably skewed a bit, though still staggering.

Old 12-07-17, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
What were the ratings for 7x7?

Premieres and finales always have higher ratings so that is probably skewed a bit, though still staggering.

3 million less than 7x07 and almost 6 million less than 6x07.

Old 12-07-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

Season 7 episode 7 was 10.48 million. Also looking over the entire list again, the premiere of season 7 was one of the all-time most watched episodes of The Walking Dead. For what it's worth, from season 3 episode 7 until season 8 episode 2 (a total of 75 episodes) no episode had fewer than 10 million viewers.
Old 12-07-17, 12:03 PM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Season 7 episode 7 was 10.48 million. Also looking over the entire list again, the premiere of season 7 was one of the all-time most watched episodes of The Walking Dead. For what it's worth, from season 3 episode 7 until season 8 episode 2 (a total of 75 episodes) no episode had fewer than 10 million viewers.
A lot of people dvr the show and that doesn't appear in the ratings. Whenever I find a new show I like I make sure I don't dvr it. Good way for it to get cancelled.
Old 12-07-17, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Just checking in to see how things are going in TWD land. I watched the first two episodes of the season and frankly, this has fallen off my list of "must watch" shows this season. Glad to read that I'm not missing anything.
Old 12-10-17, 10:32 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
So Carl is a goner. Will he pull a Sasha and go on a suicide mission to try and kill Negan?

Old 12-10-17, 11:38 PM
All Yappi

The events of season 8 so far could have been reduced to two or three episodes.
Old 12-11-17, 08:53 AM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
Just checking in to see how things are going in TWD land. I watched the first two episodes of the season and frankly, this has fallen off my list of "must watch" shows this season. Glad to read that I'm not missing anything.
Yep, good chance this is my last season watching. Very disappointed this season.
Old 12-11-17, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
At the risk of getting criticized for being overly critical this was by far the WORST season of The Walking Dead to date. How they screwed up what should have been a compelling season of battle between the saviors & Rick's alliance is beyond me. They got almost everything wrong and you have to lay that at the feet of the producers & writers.

Here's just a few examples from last night of what was wrong with season 8:

* Disjointed story line that meandered all over the place. Major characters disappearing for most of the episode like RICK! And anytime the action threatened to actually take off and become interesting they went into "flashback" & character contemplation mode! How many times did we have to look at closeups of Rick's people staring off into the distance looking sad.

* Bizarre character motivations. Almost everything done last night didn't make sense from the different characters POV.

* This show is infested with directors, producers & writers that don't know how to write/shoot combat scenes. Think about the utterly ridiculous sequence where the Hilltop folks are riding in a caravan of cars loaded with "fighters" armed to the teeth and prepared to do battle with the Saviors locked up in the building. Then they run into a tree across the road, and a couple of cars/vans pull up behind them and the next thing you know they ALL freaking surrender without firing a shot. Talk about impressive fire discipline.

* The tactics and character actions by EVERYONE involved in the "big battle" over season 8 were laughable. There is no way any of these lame brains would have survived the initial days of the apocalypse let alone forged communities that could grow and dominate others.

* You know season 8 was a failure when the only death mourned was the tiger. The disclosure that Carl was bit was a big yawner to me.

This was real bad television folks. Fear the Walking Dead has passed The Walking Dead in quality and it's not even close.
Old 12-11-17, 11:41 AM
All World

Since season 3 or 4 the series has gone like this. Dynamite opener and bunch of fill and then an epic season finale. And from that point, for the most part, it has gotten worse.

The fact that Henry Dean Morgan is signed on for another season or two is a friggin head scratcher.

Someone mentioned Carl pulling a suicide run which would be great but not considering HD Morgan is gonna be around for a while. Then the question begs what in the world are they going to do for two more seasons? More back and forth? More moral quandaries? Perhaps devote an entire episode to Enid?

Is what is most frustrating is it does not have to be that bad. The show lulled for a bit and when they met Negan it breathed life back into the show but rather than having Rick's group destroy him in a timely fashion they have bled it already past the point of no return. As lotr10 said, they are ALL over the place only because there isno true direction. End such a great show with some decency this season and let FTWD pick up the torch.
Old 12-11-17, 03:56 PM
All Ohio

Username1 is on a distinguished road
I am guessing we are nearing the end of the show. Coral got bit, we saw a helicopter an episode or two ago (military). Here is my ending which is this. Helicopters come in and have a cure for Coral and it's also the end of the show. Negan never dies and neither does Rick. They actually become best friends and start a bowling league together.
Old 12-11-17, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
At least the actor can finally cut his hair.
Old 12-11-17, 09:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I am guessing we are nearing the end of the show. Coral got bit, we saw a helicopter an episode or two ago (military). Here is my ending which is this. Helicopters come in and have a cure for Coral and it's also the end of the show. Negan never dies and neither does Rick. They actually become best friends and start a bowling league together.
I must admit, this made me chuckle. Then I realized I'd rather watch these characters get drunk and bowl than what I am watching right now.

Negan would be an absolute hoot to bowl with.
Old 12-12-17, 04:22 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I could not stand the series of ultra close-ups and dramatic music. What a waste of time. I was so sick of all the contrived drama that I was happy to see Carl bitten at the end.
Old 12-12-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I must admit, this made me chuckle. Then I realized I'd rather watch these characters get drunk and bowl than what I am watching right now.

Negan would be an absolute hoot to bowl with.
Yeah he would be pretty funny to compete against.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: