Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-22-17, 01:37 PM
Varsity

J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
SBC outlook for 17-18

Ok with new 3 division format who are the favorites in Lake, Bay and River divisions? I would think Sandusky St. Mary's would be favorites in River due to Mormina being back. Sandusky will miss Alexander due to his football injury. Not sure about much else in SBC.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-17, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Swish View Post
Ok with new 3 division format who are the favorites in Lake, Bay and River divisions? I would think Sandusky St. Mary's would be favorites in River due to Mormina being back. Sandusky will miss Alexander due to his football injury. Not sure about much else in SBC.
Please add the teams in the league.
Old 11-27-17, 01:51 PM
Varsity

Lake division.....Bellevue, Clyde, Norwalk, Perkins, Sandusky, Shelby and Tiffin Columbian

Bay division...Edison, Huron, Margaretta, Oak Harbor, Port Clinton, Vermillion and Willard

River division...Lakota, New Riegel, Old Fort, Tiffin Calvert, Fremont SJ, Sandusky SM

Gibsonburg and Danbury joining River next season and Hopewell Loudon coming in Fall of 2019 I think. Shelby leaving after this season or next.
Old 11-28-17, 10:21 AM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
I saw Oak Harbor and Port Clinton both scrimmage Stritch.

Port Clinton has a nice point guard, but not much beyond that. Oak Harbor is good, but not great. They have some size and athletes.

Not knowing their schedules very well, Port Clinton looks like a 2-4 win team. Oak Harbor looks like a 12-14 win team.

In comparing PC to OH, I think OH is about 20-25 points better.
Old 11-28-17, 11:13 AM
Varsity

Sandusky, Perkins and maybe Norwalk will battle in Lake. Verm, Edison and Huron in Bay. I just heard Mormina tore his ACL so that kills St. Marys as that kid may have been best player in all three divisions. Two years in a row with knee injuries...hate to see that. River division not real strong at all and maybe now St. Joe's may be the favorite with a lot of kids coming back.
Old 12-01-17, 11:12 PM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
The Oak Harbor win over Genoa surprised me. Did Plantz and Bench both play?
Old 12-03-17, 08:34 AM
All Region

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
SBC outlook for 17-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Swish View Post
Sandusky, Perkins and maybe Norwalk will battle in Lake. Verm, Edison and Huron in Bay. I just heard Mormina tore his ACL so that kills St. Marys as that kid may have been best player in all three divisions. Two years in a row with knee injuries...hate to see that. River division not real strong at all and maybe now St. Joe's may be the favorite with a lot of kids coming back.

Id doubt SJCC being much of anything based on recent records. What about Tiffin Calvert?
Old 12-04-17, 09:02 AM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Oak Harbor with a strange weekend.

Beat a very good Genoa team picked 2nd in the NBC and then got drilled by 20+ points to Woodmore who is picked I believe last in the NBC.
Old 12-07-17, 09:37 AM
Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
Smalls - Yes, both Plantz and Bench played. They weren't bad, but Oak Harbor wanted it more.

A key technical in the 1st half was the difference.

Cardboard Palace - Woodmore is NOT picked to be last in the NBC. I'd say 2nd or 3rd. They may even be better than Genoa at this point, but they don't have a big man which will hurt them. The other reason I say this is because I don't think Genoa is mentally with it this year. We shall see.
Old 12-07-17, 10:10 AM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnonline View Post
Cardboard Palace - Woodmore is NOT picked to be last in the NBC. I'd say 2nd or 3rd. They may even be better than Genoa at this point, but they don't have a big man which will hurt them. The other reason I say this is because I don't think Genoa is mentally with it this year. We shall see.
This is how the coaches voted in the Blade Poll

1. Eastwood
2. Genoa
3. Otsego
4. Rossford
5. Elmwood
6. Fostoria
7. Lake
8. Woodmore

I think Woodmore is better than 4-7 and maybe equal to 3. I don't see them beating the top 2.....but I am wrong.....a lot.
Old 12-07-17, 10:15 AM
Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
Wow. I didn't see the Blade coach's poll on that one, but they got that wrong. I'd agree that Eastwood should be the favorites. I honestly like Woodmore's chances at 3-4 because the league doesn't have many big men. Genoa could be 1 or 2 if they "want it" bad enough, but I'm a little worried about them gelling at this point.