Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-30-17, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I honestly don't watch much network tv stuff, morning shows or anything like that. The Olympics? That's a whole other topic. Garrison Kellior? Never heard of the dude. There is so much fractioning of the media/ TV that many of these personalities can go unnoticed anymore. Sounds like the dude's been doing this stuff for quite some time.
Strange. I always pictured you as an avid NPR listener
Old 11-30-17, 01:51 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Garrison Kellior? Never heard of the dude. There is so much fractioning of the media/ TV that many of these personalities can go unnoticed anymore. Sounds like the dude's been doing this stuff for quite some time.
Actually, he was heavily in the news back in the mid- and late-1980's, was the hot thing going when his Lake Wobegon Days book came out, which brought about even more listeners to his Prairie Home Companion radio show.

There was a time you couldn't open a newspaper or magazine without reading the latest exploits of Keillor and the characters he'd created.

Point taken about the fractioning of the media - back then, it was case of old-school radio theater not being cool or desirable, because my and my buddies wanted to hear Rush, Scorpions, and Def Leppard. But I knew there folks a-plenty who were listening to Keillor AND reading his books.

Nowadays, radio itself is uncool.

Keillor, however, seems to have established his playa creds with this latest news, and is now approaching Bill Clinton levels of cool, at least in some circles.
Old 11-30-17, 04:02 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Strange. I always pictured you as an avid NPR listener
That would put me to sleep...
Old 11-30-17, 04:04 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Actually, he was heavily in the news back in the mid- and late-1980's, was the hot thing going when his Lake Wobegon Days book came out, which brought about even more listeners to his Prairie Home Companion radio show.

There was a time you couldn't open a newspaper or magazine without reading the latest exploits of Keillor and the characters he'd created.

Point taken about the fractioning of the media - back then, it was case of old-school radio theater not being cool or desirable, because my and my buddies wanted to hear Rush, Scorpions, and Def Leppard. But I knew there folks a-plenty who were listening to Keillor AND reading his books.

Nowadays, radio itself is uncool.

Keillor, however, seems to have established his playa creds with this latest news, and is now approaching Bill Clinton levels of cool, at least in some circles.
I grew up in the 80's, never heard of the dude. Not one word, and he doesn't have a typical name either. I definitely don't read books, so maybe that's it.
Old 11-30-17, 04:32 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I definitely don't read books, so maybe that's it.
File under: least surprising statements ever
Old 12-06-17, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Great in depth story in the NY Times that basically lays out how folks enabled Harvey: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...T.nav=top-news

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: