Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Kirtland by 17+ 2 2.33%
Kirtland by 8-16 5 5.81%
Kirtland by 1-7 19 22.09%
Marion Local by 1-7 19 22.09%
Marion Local by 8-16 31 36.05%
Marion Local by 17+ 10 11.63%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-17, 03:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Today is on a distinguished road
I have a good friend that is 5'10" tall, grew up in the area thinking he was short. Has since moved from the area. But, to this day, will comment that he hates to attend church when he comes home for the Holiday's with his family. He says," Its bad enough that I can see over only a few of the men, but I cant see over half of the women in church either".
He is happy that 5'10" is above average height in the rest of the world.
Old 12-05-17, 10:57 PM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Thought you'd like that one. After all if Plato's Theory of Forms is correct, we're all in search of the Ideal. The Super Bowl Champs are the closest thing we have to the Ideal football team in this shadow world. And yet even they are a diminishment. But as for the topic at hand, I'd make MSML heavy favorites over the D5 champs and slight underdogs to TM and Steubenville. For what that piece of conjecture is worth.

While I slightly disagree with your use of the Theory of Forms as it would apply to football, I seriously appreciate a poster with knowledge.
The problem with Plato’s theory is that it’s based on a static corresponding form. Even in regards to animate objects, it doesn’t allow for variable change within each object. Only change in diminishing returns.
I like that as there will never be a perfect triangle, there will never be a perfect football team. That works.
As football teams have variable levels of talent and ability each rendering (team) becomes less perfect. That also works.
However each diminished form, corresponding with its next closest rendering doesn’t allow for the later to be superior to the former on any given day.
Meaning the level at which a football team may play runs contrary to the basic principle of in my opinion of what Plato was after.
So while the Patriots may be our closest rendering to a perfect triangle a diminished rendering of that triangle, let’s say the Dolphins could still be superior given which form of the Patriots show up.

Within the hierarchy of Greek philosophers, Plato really stands out IMO. So many of his theories run contrary to both Socrates and Aristotle that it’s surprising how closely they are related and how knowledge and theory trickled down from one to another.
What would be fun would be dissecting their philosophies in relation to their upbringings.

Last edited by SuperD1; 12-05-17 at 11:11 PM.