Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-01-17, 11:19 PM
All District

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1234 View Post
Deer park beats St. Bernard 111-47
Stay classy Deer Park
Old 12-02-17, 08:18 AM
All District

Eagles123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1234 View Post
Deer park beats St. Bernard 111-47
What a joke. I wonder what scores will look like after the ohsaa investigation concludes
Old 12-02-17, 08:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
Stay classy Deer Park
I agree. Wasn't too long ago the park was getting beat like that. How soon they forget. They will have to answer questions sooner or later.
Old 12-02-17, 08:31 AM
All District

Disagree, Deer Park COULD have been getting beat like that every week for the last decade but most coaches have enough class to not do that. But hey, none of these players or coaches have ever been to Deer Park before until last year so they wouldn't remember that.
Old 12-02-17, 01:12 PM
All American

SirStanley is on a distinguished road
If first game is any indication and DP has the same statistician as last season, we could see an assault on the state record books!
Old 12-02-17, 09:44 PM
All Region

cincyhsfan
I find it interesting that no one is sure where deer parks transfer players are living. The address where they said they live are false. They don't live there... its very interesting... the secretary at the school said if a student is considered homeless they have to except them.
Old 12-03-17, 09:05 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhsfan View Post
I find it interesting that no one is sure where deer parks transfer players are living. The address where they said they live are false. They don't live there... its very interesting... the secretary at the school said if a student is considered homeless they have to except them.
How do you know their addresses are false? That is a direct accusation. Do you have proof? I 've heard the school is already under investigation. Has anyone heard the same?
Might just be rumors
Old 12-03-17, 10:10 AM
All Region

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhsfan View Post
Except or accept? I can see why a public school would be required to allow homeless students to attend but why would it automatically trigger a transfer exception?
Old 12-03-17, 11:18 AM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Is the OHSAA really investigating DP? There is quite a bit of smoke there?
Old 12-03-17, 01:13 PM
All American

BusinessEnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
Except or accept? I can see why a public school would be required to allow homeless students to attend but why would it automatically trigger a transfer exception?
100% correct. The school district has to allow homeless students to enroll but it has nothing to do with OHSAA eligibility. None of the basketball transfers to DP are homeless. Parent/Guardian must live in DP district for a student to eligible for athletics at DP. Lot of smoke .. we'll see what the OHSAA does if anything.

Anyone surprised by Madeira loss to Roger Bacon or Reading loss to CCD?
Old 12-04-17, 07:34 AM
Freshman

Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
More surprised by Reading....Madeira struggles to score the ball
Old 12-04-17, 10:26 AM
All Region

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elks78 View Post
Iím not sure what the pts signfy for Taylor or Fineytown. Based on what is coming back I would put NCH 1st then Purcel. Until Deer Park proves they can beat a zone and we see what they actually have I will reserve my opinion. Reading handled Williamsburg at sports-plus so I think Willlamsburg is to high In this poll. Madeira beat Mcnick at their gym in a game condition scrimmage. So 3rd sounds right. I think Wyoming takes a big step back and would put them behind the 3 Cmac schools plus IH.

Madeira plays Roger Bacon, Purcell, IH and Reading in their 1st 5 games so we will know a lot preatty quickly.
Have to say im pretty suprised Madiera lost to about as down as a roger bacon team as ive ever seen
Old 12-04-17, 10:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Is the OHSAA really investigating DP? There is quite a bit of smoke there?
big thing im hearing is you have players living with other players families which means by OHSAA rules those adults must be the legal guardian of those students. That means that the parent of that child would have to sign over all rights to that person taking over guardianship. Which is sick in it self if it isnt another parent. If a player moved say from his dads house in cincy to his moms in Deer Park, by OHSAA rule if Dad is the custodial parent, all rights must be shifted to mother with no shared parenting agreement. IF there was no parental agreement legally made, one must be made by the court showing the parent the student is living with is the FULL custodial parent. Normally if not the kid has to sit 11 games. But in this case with Deer Park being closed district forget playing, the kid shouldn't even be attending the school outside Gentry since his Dad works there.
Old 12-04-17, 10:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEnd View Post
100% correct. The school district has to allow homeless students to enroll but it has nothing to do with OHSAA eligibility. None of the basketball transfers to DP are homeless. Parent/Guardian must live in DP district for a student to eligible for athletics at DP. Lot of smoke .. we'll see what the OHSAA does if anything.

Anyone surprised by Madeira loss to Roger Bacon or Reading loss to CCD?
For sure surprised by madiera, not so much by reading. Bryce Hunt is really good as well as the point gaurd, but after that not much. Doesnt get easier for Madiera either. Play Purcell tomorrow
Old 12-04-17, 11:40 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elks78 View Post
Agree except the drive to Taylor sucks.
True, but just remember... The Taylor people have to make that drive seven times for each time you make it.
Old 12-04-17, 01:55 PM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
big thing im hearing is you have players living with other players families which means by OHSAA rules those adults must be the legal guardian of those students. That means that the parent of that child would have to sign over all rights to that person taking over guardianship. Which is sick in it self if it isnt another parent. If a player moved say from his dads house in cincy to his moms in Deer Park, by OHSAA rule if Dad is the custodial parent, all rights must be shifted to mother with no shared parenting agreement. IF there was no parental agreement legally made, one must be made by the court showing the parent the student is living with is the FULL custodial parent. Normally if not the kid has to sit 11 games. But in this case with Deer Park being closed district forget playing, the kid shouldn't even be attending the school outside Gentry since his Dad works there.
Agree--is Gentry a teacher or just a coach--he has to be on the certified staff in order for his son to be in school--just having an extra-curricular coaching contract doesn't allow the son to be enrolled at D.P--clarify if you know that--thanks!
Old 12-04-17, 02:06 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Legal guardianship requires a court order.
Old 12-04-17, 04:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Agree--is Gentry a teacher or just a coach--he has to be on the certified staff in order for his son to be in school--just having an extra-curricular coaching contract doesn't allow the son to be enrolled at D.P--clarify if you know that--thanks!
He is I believe employed by the school which makes it ok for his son to go there. It does not make it ok for him to play right away. He still must sit 11 unless coach gentry is his 100% custodial parent with no shared parenting agreement
Old 12-04-17, 06:06 PM
Freshman

Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
I was at the Madeira game against Bacon...Bacon may be down by their standards but they are extremely well coached and very fundamental. Madeira only scored 14 points in the first half! Until they learn to score the ball (by running sets appropriate to the players, taking open shots... finding guys that can put the ball in the bucket and not just throw it to Kravack) they will struggle...3rd or 4th in the league if all Deer Park remains eligible...unless they can turn it around on offense..and at the free throw line (40 something % on Friday)....Bacon will be a tough out in the Coed GCL...their defense was like a clinic...
Old 12-05-17, 11:10 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
I was at the Madeira game against Bacon...Bacon may be down by their standards but they are extremely well coached and very fundamental. Madeira only scored 14 points in the first half! Until they learn to score the ball (by running sets appropriate to the players, taking open shots... finding guys that can put the ball in the bucket and not just throw it to Kravack) they will struggle...3rd or 4th in the league if all Deer Park remains eligible...unless they can turn it around on offense..and at the free throw line (40 something % on Friday)....Bacon will be a tough out in the Coed GCL...their defense was like a clinic...
Well that doesn't bode well for Madeira tonight, they are playing one of the best defensive teams in the city in Purcell. Was Madeira tryin to just feed Kravack because he was so much bigger? I mean Madiera has some pretty good gaurds
Old 12-05-17, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Fri. 1 at St. Bernard W 111 - 47
Sat. 2 at Cincinnati College Prep W 113 - 60

deer park is only avg'ing 112 a game......
Old 12-05-17, 11:35 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post

Those are some powerhouse opponents.
Old 12-05-17, 12:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
Those are some powerhouse opponents.
Old 12-05-17, 03:10 PM
All Region

Quote:

Yeah the St. Bernard game starters left in till final 3min or so. I also saw a tweet where Deer Park is claiming they have 119 rebounds in 2 games. Um i need the stat guy to be my accountant
Old 12-05-17, 04:14 PM
All District

Quote:

Good job Red, congrats, your All City (and Virginia) AAU team is beating up on low end D5 programs
Old 12-05-17, 04:42 PM
All District

I can't see coaches in the chl getting beat by deer park and not raising hell about it if they think something illegal is going on. When deer park starts beating teams in the chl, and they will beat the traditional powerhouses, does anyone think those coaches will start filing grievances?
Old 12-05-17, 08:32 PM
All American

yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Yeah the St. Bernard game starters left in till final 3min or so. I also saw a tweet where Deer Park is claiming they have 119 rebounds in 2 games. Um i need the stat guy to be my accountant
With the amount of shots they are getting up the first two games that number doesn't sound too crazy. They've put up 89 and 100 shots in the first two games and I'm sure they were able to grab a lot of offensive rebounds against inferior opponents. I'm sure Cincinnati Prep and St. Bernard were probably shooting pretty low percentages as well.
Old 12-08-17, 03:46 PM
Freshman

Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
I am a Gcl guy but I had too go see the Deer Park team because of this forum last week and they are insanely GOOD!!! I’m kind of scared for us too see that team with their length an athleticism WOW...I think we can compete against them but geesh ultra talent across the board...I see why the city an coaches are abuzzed bout this team though they are state WORTHY definitely just my opinion but....LETS GO CAVS!!!!
Old 12-08-17, 04:09 PM
All District

catstix is on a distinguished road
Who's winning tonight?

Madeira at Indian Hill 7:30 PM

Taylor at Wyoming 7:30 PM

Mariemont at Finneytown 7:30 PM

Deer Park at Reading 7:30 PM
Old 12-08-17, 05:53 PM
All District

Quote: