Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-17, 01:15 PM
All District

Madmex64 is on a distinguished road
Official Madmex64 OAC 2017 D4 Report

First and foremost I want to take a quick second to give a shout out to all the people who my son and I have met while we have walked along this journey in the wrestling world. Some of our best friends have grown out of this circle and I truly am grateful to have such amazing people with character, passion, and commitment to something that requires such an extreme dedication too! Additionally, the support I have received from everybody who I have encountered about my report has been through the roof! When I put out my inaugural report last year I really just had intentions of providing some insight backed by statistics and observations into our OAC conversations. However, once I was finished I was very proud of the information that I had been able to accumulate and I really was blown away from the support that known and unknown members of the Ohio wrestling world provided to me about my wrestling report. My son has grown to a spot where we almost exclusively wrestling nothing but state and national level tournaments and I have been able to forge some great connections, land some prestigious coaching opportunities and be able to watch the majority of the upcoming studs in person. I do everything in my power to provide a non-biased and statistically backed viewpoint of who I think will reach the semifinals and from there I use my intuition to try and accurately predict finalists and state champs. I strongly encourage anybody who reads this report to understand that I do not do this report to disrespect or critize anybody’s wrestler and I do not write this report for any personal gain or notoriety. I know it is cliché but I truly believe that all of these kids are warriors just for getting to this point in the season as there are literally thousands of youth wrestlers that competed this year and did not make it to the final 32 in such a deeply talented wrestler state like Ohio. Something new for this year is my overall strength rating of each bracket. As stated before, there are no easy roads to an OAC state championship and all titles deserve respect; however, with that said, some roads to glory are more difficult than others and starting this year I am going to include a strength of bracket (SOB) rating to reflect on what I feel is the overall depth of talent and accomplishments buried inside each bracket. Additionally, I do not do a report on D1 wrestlers as I truly feel like those wrestlers have not had enough experience yet to warrant any predictions or pressure being applied to them. However, with the help of my trusted connections at that level I will provide some names of kids to watch out for. My report this year will include a section on D2, D3, & D4. Because my son happens to wrestle in D4, that division tends to get a little more information provided on it as that is the division that I am most interactive with. Without any further delays let’s get into this years “Madmex’s OAC Grade School Report” with a peek into Division 4!
Sponsored Links