Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Vamp's Top Teams in SWO/MVA 10-10-18

All teams in leagues in Southwest Ohio and the Miami Valley are eligible even if that team may not be in this area......

These are my personal ratings and not my power ratings....

Area teams I have seen this season:

CCC: Ft. Loramie, Miami East, Bethel, Tri-Village, Twin Valley South
CHL: Mariemont, Indian Hill
CBC: Kenton Ridge, Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, SF Shawnee
DPL: T-Marshall,
ECC: Kings, Turpin, Anderson, Milford, West Clermont, Loveland
GCL: Alter, Moeller, Elder, LaSalle, St.Xavier, CJ, Roger Bacon
GMC: Colerain, Princeton, Mason, Lakota West, Sycamore, Lakota East, Middletown
GWOC: Fairmont, Wayne, Trotwood, Springboro, Miamisburg, Northmont, Springfield, Centerville, Lebanon, Beavercreek
IND: Winton Woods
MAC: Coldwater, Marion Local, Versailles, Minster, DSJ, Parkway, Anna, New Bremen, St. Henry, Ft. Recovery
MVL: Sidney, Vandalia-Butler, Greenville, Troy
NWCC: Lehman Catholic, Hardin Northern, Lima Perry, Upper Scioto Valley
OHC: Mechanicsburg, SF Northeastern, SF Southeastern, Greenon, Springfield CC
SBC: Clinton Massie, Wilmington, Blanchester, New Richmond, Fayetteville, East Clinton
SWBL: Valley View, Bellbrook, Franklin, Oakwood, Brookville
SWOC: Mt.Healthy, Harrison, Northwest, Talawanda, Edgewood
WBL: Kenton, Celina, Defiance, St. Marys, OG, Wapakoneta, Lima Shawnee, Elida, Van Wert

================================

D6/D7

01 Marion Local 7-0
02 Coldwater 7-0
03 St. Henry 5-2 : big win over Minster
04 Minster 5-2
05 Ft. Loramie 6-1
06 Mechanicsburg 6-1

D4/D5

01 St. Marys 7-0
02 Clinton Massie 6-1
03 Madison 7-0
04 Wyoming 7-0
05 Anna 5-2
06 Indian Hill 6-1
07 Van Wert 5-2
08 Taft 5-1

D2/D3

01 Winton Woods 6-1
02 Trotwood 5-2
03 LaSalle 4-3
04 Kings 6-1
05 Troy 6-1
06 Alter 6-1
07 Wapakoneta 6-1
08 Fenwick 5-2

All Divisions

01 Colerain 7-0
02 Evil Empire 6-1
03 Elder 4-3
04 St. Xavier 3-4
05 Fairfield 6-1
06 Winton Woods 6-1
07 Northmont 6-1
08 Springfield 6-1
09 Trotwood 5-2
10 Fairmont 6-1
11 Miamisburg 6-1

Thoughts.....
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-18, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Why not limit it to teams in the Dayton-Springfield area. The teams North of 36 and south of 122 shouldn't be included in my opinion.
Old 10-11-18, 10:05 AM
All District

northmontthunder is on a distinguished road
I am interested as to why you have Fairfield rated above Springfield and Northmont? I also believe Wayne should be ranked.
Old 10-11-18, 12:22 PM
All World

JBaller is on a distinguished road
Fairfield is #2. Only loss is by 1 to 6-1 Springfield when Fairfield's QB got hurt early in the game. They have a lot more talent than Moeller, X, or Elder. Northmont and Springfield also have legitimate arguments to be in that mix.
Old 10-11-18, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Kings isnít better than Troy.
Old 10-11-18, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmontthunder View Post
I am interested as to why you have Fairfield rated above Springfield and Northmont? I also believe Wayne should be ranked.
Fairfield is playing really well right now and just blew out Sycamore. There only lost was in week 2 by 1 point to Springfield in a game which their QB got injured early on. I believe Fairfield would of won that game if they had the QB for all 4 qtrs.

Springfield just lost to Northmont and did not look good.
Northmont moved back into the top 11 after beating Sprinfield but they did get blown out by Wayne a few weeks ago so that keeps them from leap frogging a team such as Fairfield.

If Wayne beats Fairmont Friday they will be ranked. The last spot came down to Wayne and Miamisburg, Miamisburg beat Wayne so they got the spot. A Wayne win over Fairmont negates that as Fairmont defeated Miamisburg.
Old 10-11-18, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Kings isnít better than Troy.
If Kings wins next week against a 6-1 Milford they will stay ahead of Troy in my rankings. If both teams win out maybe I could find a reason to move Troy ahead of Kings but right now I believe they are about even with Kings a slightly better resume.
Old 10-11-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Im not understanding how St. X is rated so high. They have some pretty unimpressive wins. All the D1s in your overall top 11 should be ahead of St. X.
Old 10-11-18, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Im not understanding how St. X is rated so high. They have some pretty unimpressive wins. All the D1s in your overall top 11 should be ahead of St. X.
Do you really believe that Fairmont, Miamisburg, Northmont, or Springfield would beat St. Xavier?

I did not have them ranked because of the lack of quality wins last week but a 42-7 beat down of LaSalle is very worthy of a top 11 ratings with the schedule they play. Their 3 Ohio losses are to the #1, #2, and #3 ranked teams. The OT loss to Cathedral was a bad loss in my opinion.
Old 10-11-18, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Do you really believe that Fairmont, Miamisburg, Northmont, or Springfield would beat St. Xavier?

I did not have them ranked because of the lack of quality wins last week but a 42-7 beat down of LaSalle is very worthy of a top 11 ratings with the schedule they play. Their 3 Ohio losses are to the #1, #2, and #3 ranked teams. The OT loss to Cathedral was a bad loss in my opinion.
I dont know if those aforemention teams could beat St. X and it shouldn't matter. And you mentioned they loss to highly rank teams. I think its more important to beat somebody and St. X hasnt. Losing to #1, #2 & #3 is something that Fairmont could have done.
Old 10-11-18, 05:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I dont know if those aforemention teams could beat St. X and it shouldn't matter. And you mentioned they loss to highly rank teams. I think its more important to beat somebody and St. X hasnt. Losing to #1, #2 & #3 is something that Fairmont could have done.
and, if St. X played Fairmont's schedule to date they would likely be undefeated and ranked. X has a history or what I like to call a dynasty rating. By name alone they will be ranked higher than teams that do not have that history. Colerain and Wayne have a history of playing with and beating St. Xavier but Fairmont, Miamisburg, Springfield, and Northmont do not. What it comes down to me when ranking teams that do not play each other nor have common opponents is what would happen if they squared of on the field. Some times I use my power ratings to help me with that others I just know by my history of seeing these teams year in and year out.
Old 10-11-18, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
and, if St. X played Fairmont's schedule to date they would likely be undefeated and ranked. X has a history or what I like to call a dynasty rating. By name alone they will be ranked higher than teams that do not have that history. Colerain and Wayne have a history of playing with and beating St. Xavier but Fairmont, Miamisburg, Springfield, and Northmont do not. What it comes down to me when ranking teams that do not play each other nor have common opponents is what would happen if they squared of on the field. Some times I use my power ratings to help me with that others I just know by my history of seeing these teams year in and year out.
St. X probably would be undefeated if they played Fairmont schedule. Note: I was just using Fairmont for urgument sake. Fairmont has played Fairmont schedule and has one less win than you and I think X would have. I believe that if Springfield played St. X schedule the Cats would be 3-4 also. Wayne would be 3-4. Northmont 3-4.
Old 10-11-18, 07:41 PM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Because X is just starting to gel
Everyone else has already peaked
Old 10-12-18, 07:12 AM
All District

northmontthunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fairfield is playing really well right now and just blew out Sycamore. There only lost was in week 2 by 1 point to Springfield in a game which their QB got injured early on. I believe Fairfield would of won that game if they had the QB for all 4 qtrs.

Springfield just lost to Northmont and did not look good.
Northmont moved back into the top 11 after beating Sprinfield but they did get blown out by Wayne a few weeks ago so that keeps them from leap frogging a team such as Fairfield.

If Wayne beats Fairmont Friday they will be ranked. The last spot came down to Wayne and Miamisburg, Miamisburg beat Wayne so they got the spot. A Wayne win over Fairmont negates that as Fairmont defeated Miamisburg.
I guess I am getting ahead of myself with Wayne. I was just really impressed when watching Wayne in that second half against Northmont. I have also watched Fairmont and do not believe they are on Wayne's level. I think a Northmont win over Springfield is a lot more impressive than a Fairfield win over Sycamore. I will hold onto my argument that Northmont should be ranked higher. Fairfield vs. Northmont would be a great matchup.
Old 10-12-18, 08:47 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is completely reasonable; look at that run to the title St X had in 2016....coming from behind against really good teams every step of the way.