Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-12-18, 01:16 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,405
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
There's literally zero mention of a brawl in any article about last week's game.....
I was at the game. Have some pictures of it. Whole John Adams side at probably half the Glenville side. Included some fans. Police were called. I left after it started.

Plus, I wouldn't trust the game recaps, they all got the score wrong. It was 39-18. John Adams scored a TD on final play with no kick. It was 39-12 after 3.


Last edited by Sykotyk; 10-12-18 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-12-18, 02:33 PM
DHS1 DHS1 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-26-17
Posts: 49
DHS1 is on a distinguished road
So if Glenville finishes the season with players that are actually ineligible, is it fair to the teams they beat, who are playing by the rules, and maybe that team doesn’t make the playoffs. They make these rules for a reason. They just don’t administer them equally. If one team forfeits because of these players, then all should do the same. To much political crap by a certain few. We hear about punishing the kids. How about all the kids who do play by the rules that will be affected. Way more than those 13
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-12-18, 05:49 PM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 870
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
So if Glenville finishes the season with players that are actually ineligible, is it fair to the teams they beat, who are playing by the rules, and maybe that team doesn’t make the playoffs. They make these rules for a reason. They just don’t administer them equally. If one team forfeits because of these players, then all should do the same. To much political crap by a certain few. We hear about punishing the kids. How about all the kids who do play by the rules that will be affected. Way more than those 13
You are argument is sound, but none of the 3 opponents left are making the playoffs. They have a total of 7 wins between them and the teams they beat had a total of 7 wins between them. 1 of the opponents also had the same issue and were penalized by administering forfeits. The crazy thing is 4 schools had players that should be playing else where. Guess where they should have been playing. The other schools that had kids that should have been elsewhere! I can't make this up.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-12-18, 06:25 PM
eaglepride eaglepride is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-12-02
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,796
eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFB18 View Post
There was a brawl last week? How bad and how many players involved?
The witness on the news said it was Glenville with 50 kids against John Adams 25 kids....
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-12-18, 10:23 PM
DHS1 DHS1 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-26-17
Posts: 49
DHS1 is on a distinguished road
My point is, it’s not just those last three teams that those wins with ineligible players affects. All those games would have been losses for Glenville and would change the harbin points for everyone. I think it’s unfair when they’ve been warned. Punish them and it will stop
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-12-18, 10:34 PM
NeoFB18 NeoFB18 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-08-18
Posts: 62
NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
The witness on the news said it was Glenville with 50 kids against John Adams 25 kids....
I'm guessing it doesn't matter that much but were any kids suspended?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-13-18, 01:42 AM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 870
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
My point is, it’s not just those last three teams that those wins with ineligible players affects. All those games would have been losses for Glenville and would change the harbin points for everyone. I think it’s unfair when they’ve been warned. Punish them and it will stop
I understand your argument. But a team who would gets 5 L2 points, due to a forfeit from one of there opponents, opponents, if that knocks out a team who received all of their L2s legitimately it is no better. There is no right answer here. The big issue is one school had forfeits and Glenville does not. They shoulb be consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-13-18, 10:20 AM
Findy15 Findy15 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-04
Posts: 612
Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Sounds like these kids were all attending Ginn Academy. Ginn Academy doesn't have a football program (It's basically an all boys school for at-risk kids, kinda like the LeBron James school that opened in Akron). Cardale Jones is the most "famous" player that attended Ginn Academy. Anyone that lives in any part of Cleveland can attend Ginn Academy. However, technically you are only allowed to play sports for the area that you live in. Many kids that lived in the areas of John Hay, Collinwood, Whitney Young and other areas with terrible football programs all went to Ginn Academy so that they could just play for Glenville (can't really blame them). It's kinda like if you are home schooled, you can't just pick and choose what school you want to play sports, you're supposed to play for your home district or home high school. So if a student attends Ginn Academy but lives in the neighborhood that attends Whitney Young, they're supposed to play for WY.

Glenville and Ginn Academy aren't too far apart, so a lot of the boys that attend Ginn Academy already live in the neighborhood that would go to Glenville anyways. Unfortunately, a small number of players dont, and that's what screwed them. I'm sure this has been happening for years though, not sure why it's being investigated now.

Hope this helps
This has been going on before the Ginn Academy opened. Because of the feel good effect, a Cleveland public school winning, the illegal recruiting was over looked. It was explained in the past that the City of Cleveland had open enrollment, if you lived in the city you could attend any school in the district. Apparently not! Athletes lived with Ted Ginn, moving from outside of the Cleveland area. No other coach/school could have not been penalized for this. This has been a long time coming. The school is also being evaluated for "a lack of administrative responsibility and institutional control for failure to implement these business rules. Why this didn't happen 15 years ago is beyond me?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-25-18, 06:03 AM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 461
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
Eitel used to have Glenville listed as “ineligible pending appeal.” Now just listed as “ineligible for 2018 tournament.”

Guess they lost the appeal.
I doubt there was much of an appeal. CMSD has been on thin ice with OHSAA over the last few years. Not really sure how fighting these blatant charges would change anything.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Glenville? cardzfan1234 Football 26 07-26-18 03:04 PM
Federal League got swept fleadog101 Football 145 11-10-17 10:35 AM
Seven Glenville grads currently in the NFL SVillegrad Football 23 11-08-17 11:22 AM
The New Glenville PIPEline Auggie Football 19 07-12-17 05:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz