Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-18, 09:21 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Archbishop Moeller ( 6-1) at St. Ignatius ( 4-2)

Pretty much a must win for the Wildcats. Can the huge offensive line of the Crusaders dominate the game? Is the Ignatius offense improved enough to handle the Moeller defense? Will travel have any effect? The game is 2 pm at Byers. Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-18, 09:31 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Moe keeps proving me wrong...
I’d like to see Crooked Crusaders win this one.
Crooked Crusaders - 17
Iggy Mildcats - 7

Just wondering... does Iggy qualify for playoffs with 4 or 5 losses?

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 10-08-18 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-08-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Id like to see Crooked Crusaders win this one.
Moeller - 17
Iggy - 7
The Pope kiss of death.
Old 10-08-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Low scoring game and with Moeller having a great kicker I take them in a close one. 17-14
Old 10-08-18, 09:52 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
The Pope kiss of death.
Exactly!!!
Ive been wrong on every big game this year!
Old 10-08-18, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

I'll take Ignatius. I think they are the better team. Their only losses are to the two best teams in Ohio on any level.
Old 10-08-18, 10:20 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I'll take Ignatius. I think they are the better team. Their only losses are to the two best teams in Ohio on any level.
This blowhard is a Winton Woods fan. He has not seen either team this year. I will take Big Moe in this one due to very good special teams and front 7 on D. It should be close no doubt. Travel may or may not be a factor depending on when Moe arrives (day of or day before). I have only seen Iggy on SIBN vs Hoban and Elder. I have seen Moeller 4 times. I like their offensive line, bruising running back and speed at wide out and on special teams. Front 7 is legit even without Luke Szabados. Their kicking game is outstanding. I distinctly remember the Moeller D having it's way last year. The same cast of characters is back. I still don't know how they pulled it out LY. They were a mess at that time coming off of 3 straight GCL-S losses. They were reeling and about as bad as I have ever seen. Played a tight end at QB no less. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen and is in direct response to the post made by the WW homer. I know he will be quick to respond with some alternative reasoning but you can take his comments with a grain of salt. They won't be flattering I can assure you. GBM
Old 10-08-18, 11:26 AM
All Region

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Id like to see Crooked Crusaders win this one.
Moeller - 17
Iggy - 7

They should get in, their schedule is Brutal. They will get in just because of the teams that they beat.
Old 10-08-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
This blowhard is a Winton Woods fan. He has not seen either team this year. I will take Big Moe in this one due to very good special teams and front 7 on D. It should be close no doubt. Travel may or may not be a factor depending on when Moe arrives (day of or day before). I have only seen Iggy on SIBN vs Hoban and Elder. I have seen Moeller 4 times. I like their offensive line, bruising running back and speed at wide out and on special teams. Front 7 is legit even without Luke Szabados. Their kicking game is outstanding. I distinctly remember the Moeller D having it's way last year. The same cast of characters is back. I still don't know how they pulled it out LY. They were a mess at that time coming off of 3 straight GCL-S losses. They were reeling and about as bad as I have ever seen. Played a tight end at QB no less. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen and is in direct response to the post made by the WW homer. I know he will be quick to respond with some alternative reasoning but you can take his comments with a grain of salt. They won't be flattering I can assure you. GBM
Ive seen both teams on TV and was just offering an opinion as a nuetral observer. See you week 10.
Old 10-08-18, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Lol....DMR struck a nerve after that hurtin WW put on Moe last year.

Not hard to watch lots of teams play on the internet...just as you have done apparently.
DMR clearly watches a lot of other teams cuz he is a HS football fan not just a fan of his own team.

I'm a Winton Woods fan also but live in Cleveland so I watch the games on the internet too.

BTW several kids I know well are starters for Iggy.

The LB is a total stud and playmaker with many others around who are decent.
Moeller does seem more physical this year than they were last year...no doubt.

I like the Wildcats in this game although really it could go either way.....guess that makes me a blowhard too.
Old 10-08-18, 12:47 PM
Varsity

ColinCat is on a distinguished road
The Ignatius defense is playing very well right now. Moving Eichenberg to MLB has really helped.

I am concerned about the Moeller DL against the Ignatius OL. The 'Cats were better in that area last season and struggled against the Crusaders.

I hope the Wildcats can generate some offense and the defense can create a turnover. This is obviously a huge game.
Old 10-08-18, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Moeller guys.......

is the RB Watkins related to former Moeller star Keith Watkins?
Old 10-08-18, 01:01 PM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
No relation to Keith Watkins.

If Moe can jump on I's early I think it could be like last year. Moe is playing with a lot of confidence coming off of three big GCL wins (X, LaSalle and Elder). Moe is traveling up Friday night so this will be different than traveling up the day of the game like they usually do. GBM!!!
Old 10-08-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

No chance Iggy gets in with 5 losses. Too many other good teams in that region. They will struggle to make it at 6-4 IMO as well. I think they need to win 2 of their last 3 if they want to feel safe about getting in including this one. Beating St X doesnt give them a ton of Harbins, even though it would be a good win.
Old 10-08-18, 02:24 PM
All American

MoeBeturLojik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
No chance Iggy gets in with 5 losses. Too many other good teams in that region. They will struggle to make it at 6-4 IMO as well. I think they need to win 2 of their last 3 if they want to feel safe about getting in including this one. Beating St X doesnt give them a ton of Harbins, even though it would be a good win.

According to Drew Pasteur's site, Fantastic 50:
http://www.fantastic50.net/team008.html

St. Ignatius is 5-2 and plays Moeller, St. X, and Eds in that order. They need 6-4 to make it.
- Win 2 (7-3) and they're in 100%.
- If they win only one (6-4), a win against X brings their chances to 70% to make the playoffs. Only win vs St. Eds, it's 81%. Only win vs Moeller, it's 97%.
- Lose all 3 (5-5) and it drops to 14% and will need lots of help.
- To get a home game they'll have to beat both Eds and Moe. Beating St. X and either Eds or Moe won't get them there.

One the other hand, Moeller (6-1) has clinched the playoffs.
- Moeller plays Iggy, Eds, and WW in that order. They just have to win just one more game (7-3) to get a home field advantage.
- If they only beat winton woods (7-3), their chance at home is 88% and #4 seed.
- Lose all three (6-4) and the chance of being at home drops to 13% with a likely #5 seed.
- Beat either Iggy or Eds and beat WW (8-2), they're looking at a #2 seed.
Old 10-08-18, 03:50 PM
-

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
What a great matchup. Will be very interesting to see what happens. Last year was a very strange game.
Old 10-08-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
2nd half running clock for Kyle's 351st win
Old 10-08-18, 06:31 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
2nd half running clock for Kyle's 351st win
Enter the Ultimate Blowhard
Old 10-08-18, 07:43 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Moeller by 6.
Old 10-08-18, 08:27 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Exactly!!!
Ive been wrong on every big game this year!
You are the Sports Illustrated cover of yappi
Old 10-08-18, 08:40 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBeturLojik View Post
According to Drew Pasteur's site, Fantastic 50:
http://www.fantastic50.net/team008.html

St. Ignatius is 5-2 and plays Moeller, St. X, and Eds in that order. They need 6-4 to make it.
- Win 2 (7-3) and they're in 100%.
- If they win only one (6-4), a win against X brings their chances to 70% to make the playoffs. Only win vs St. Eds, it's 81%. Only win vs Moeller, it's 97%.
- Lose all 3 (5-5) and it drops to 14% and will need lots of help.
- To get a home game they'll have to beat both Eds and Moe. Beating St. X and either Eds or Moe won't get them there.
In terms of Harbin Points, 7-3 or 6-4 isn't possible for St. Ignatius because the COF Academy Game doesn't count.
Old 10-08-18, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
They should get in, their schedule is Brutal. They will get in just because of the teams that they beat.
Incorrect. Need at least 1 more win, 2 to be safe. Losing out leaves at home week 11

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-18, 10:55 AM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
I like Moeller’s D and special teams in this game. Moe 21- Iggy 13
Old 10-09-18, 01:09 PM
Junior Varsity

NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
Iggy 35 - Moeller 3. You have to remember that this game is in Cleveland. That is almost a 4 hour drive. There is no way a team can play after driving that far!!
Old 10-09-18, 01:36 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFB18 View Post
Iggy 35 - Moeller 3. You have to remember that this game is in Cleveland. That is almost a 4 hour drive. There is no way a team can play after driving that far!!
They're coming up Friday.
Old 10-09-18, 05:11 PM
Freshman

Skulls & Stars is on a distinguished road
Both teams defense are playing good ball right now. I think the
unknown of course is which O-line can make a bigger push for field position. St I line may not be as big but are quick and show good balance. However, in my mind I like Moellers secondary enabling the backers to roam. To me it comes down to the turnover battle. If St I wins that they win at home. Mistake free football by Moeller I'll take Crusaders by 6.
Old 10-10-18, 12:03 AM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
This is something noteworthy. Both schools have a combined 20 State Championships between them. Two great, historic programs.
Old 10-10-18, 05:13 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Give me a break. They're riding a bus which is no worse than sitting in class all day.
Old 10-10-18, 06:18 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GCL teams and St. Edward and St. Ignatius have been doing these trips consistently now for atleast 20 years.
Old 10-10-18, 06:25 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Give me a break. They're riding a bus which is no worse than sitting in class all day.
Give me a break? Apparently you never sat on a bus for 4-5 hours. Diesel fumes and porta potty disinfectant lingers in the airways and lungs for 2-3 hours. I know this from experience. I have seen various degrees of motion sickness and leg cramping as well. Bus rides and physical exertion do not go well together. It is a factor despite what you may think. Just saying. GBM