Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Hubbard or Struthers
Hubbard by 1-7 0 0%
Hubbard by 8-16 7 25.00%
Hubbard by 16+ 14 50.00%
Struthers by 1-7 5 17.86%
Struthers by 8-16 0 0%
Struthers by 16+ 2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-18, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Drew pís updated projection has cats finishing 7-3 with a loss to Hubbard.

Here is his 1-8 seed projection.
1 Steubenville
2 Perry
3 Hubbard
4 Struthers
5 Youngstown East
6 Poland
7 Indian Creek
8 East Liverpool

He has East 6-4. They need to beat either Hubbard Canfield or Harding. Donít see it.
Has Girard 8-2. I think theyíll finish 9-1. Has Poland 6-4. Thatís about right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think East can beat Canfield and Girard is going to lose to Labrae, they're too fast on the edges and way more physical than Girard is used to seeing. The Indians don't get in and East does.
Old 10-06-18, 12:07 PM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
How are the Eagles health wise? Any injuries coming off the Jefferson game?
Old 10-06-18, 12:33 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Canfield what’s east by 2 scores. They won’t hurt themselves, Poland losing their QB has a lot to do with them losing to east
Old 10-06-18, 12:44 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Canfield whatís east by 2 scores. They wonít hurt themselves, Poland losing their QB has a lot to do with them losing to east

Just an observation, but from what has been said on here, evidently Poland must be one dimensional since losing one guy created a shutout. And I followed that game online and it wasn't even that close.
Old 10-06-18, 12:51 PM
All World

They can throw it a little bit, probably about the same as Canfield. Canfield has more creativity and better athletes then Poland
Old 10-06-18, 01:08 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard is healthy coming in. Every one has a couple knicks at this point but everyone is full go. One thing I think a lot of people overlook with this Hubbard team is a lot of guys at key offensive positions aren't playing defense to stay fresh. Odem, Donlow, Thompson, and Mauk have done a great job in the secondary but Daniels who is one of the best athletes on the field hasn't been neeeded on defense since Girard. Same with Morales who is an exceptional middle linebacker but unlike previous years our depth allows us to go 1 way with guys. In a close game I think you can see those guys plugged in when needed. The Eagles rotate a lot of guys throughout the game. Even in 2014 we didnt have that luxury.
Old 10-06-18, 01:14 PM
All World

Call me crazy but I'd love to see Mooney in Hubbard in week 11. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best and if we couldn't beat Mooney on our home field we weren't going to compete with Perry or Steubenville. Probably wont happen unless Mooney can knock off Fitch, and Harding. Imagine that atmosphere.
Old 10-06-18, 02:05 PM
All World

I think if all 3 of Hubbard Perry and Steubenville win out theres a good chance Hubbard jumps Perry for the 2 seed. 1 loss would likely put Hubbard at the 3 seed.
Old 10-06-18, 02:14 PM
All World

Hubbard can jump Perry, it’s all gonna come down to L2s if they both win out
Old 10-06-18, 02:19 PM
All World

Perry should have no problem. Their game this week vs Orange is smoke and mirrors. Perry will beat them by 40.
Old 10-06-18, 02:41 PM
All World

Yeah they played their tough games already
Old 10-06-18, 04:23 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hubbard is basically locked into the 3 seed even at 10-0. Perry and big red wonít lose and will finish with more points. Mooney doesnít scare anyone this year, they got beat by Louisville who Canfield beat soundly
Who said anything about being afraid of Mooney? My point was that that game is worth paying attention to. Especially for Struthers, who is hoping to play at home in week 11.
I agree that Canfield would probably beat Mooney... but stranger things have happened than Mooney beating Harding. Remember a couple years ago?

Which is it? Is Hubbard locked in at 3, or can they leap Perry? If they still have a shot at the 2 seed, then clearly they're not locked in at 3. Just saying...
Take it for what you want, but Fantastic 50 has a 10-0 Hubbard ahead of a 9-1 Perry. They also have Hubbard winning out, but somehow finishing 9-1. So there's that.
Old 10-06-18, 04:32 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
I think East can beat Canfield and Girard is going to lose to Labrae, they're too fast on the edges and way more physical than Girard is used to seeing. The Indians don't get in and East does.
East has a shot against Canfield. Losing Zaremski for the season is a big loss, but the Cards did get Crawford back.
I still think Canfield wins out... but I'd like to see East win that game.

I agree about LaBrae beating Girard.
Old 10-06-18, 04:35 PM
All World

Yea still haven't figured out who he has them losing to if he has them favored in the last 3. According to eitel Hubbard has a higher max and min win out average than Perry. I think Hubbard jumps Perry if they both win out barring any major upsets. That would put Hubbard at 2 playing probably Girard, CVCA? Or even East at home. That would most likely put Struthers at Perry week 11. If Struthers beat hubbard they'd probably lock up a home game with the 4 seed.
Old 10-06-18, 04:42 PM
All World

Yeah with Struthers losing to Hubbard they will be on the bubble for a home game, but we shall see how everything shakes up I’m sure there will be upsets and crazy things that happen weeks 9 and 10 it always happens. Would be crazy if Poland loses to Hubbard and Canfield and possibly doesn’t get in if things get crazy
Old 10-06-18, 05:18 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
One thing to worry about if youíre a Hubbard fan is itís been 5 straight games of extremely weak opponents theyíve just plowed over with little resistance.
Yep. This fact is not lost on me. Eagles could lose to any or all of their last three opponents.

BTW, your guys are looking good!
Old 10-06-18, 06:28 PM
All World

Only thing that worries me with Hubbard is the starters haven't played past midway through a third quarter since Girard week 2. I'm sure this is a big reason why our guys are fresh but it would be nice to have that full game adversity experience. They haven't trailed once this year and I think have only punted something like 4 or 5 times all season with the starting offense. As for the last 5 conference games they did what they were suppose to do. They were favored big in all 5 and took care of business. No early slip ups or vulnerability shown. Only issue for me was penalties and special teams. Should be a great crowd in Hubbard Friday. Looking forward to playing a quality opponent after 5 straight laughers.
Old 10-06-18, 08:29 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Yes. Would have been good if Howland and Lakeview had their usual good teams. (But, not too good)! This week the starters may well get to play a full game. Discipline.
Old 10-06-18, 08:47 PM
All American

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Only thing that worries me with Hubbard is the starters haven't played past midway through a third quarter since Girard week 2. I'm sure this is a big reason why our guys are fresh but it would be nice to have that full game adversity experience. They haven't trailed once this year and I think have only punted something like 4 or 5 times all season with the starting offense. As for the last 5 conference games they did what they were suppose to do. They were favored big in all 5 and took care of business. No early slip ups or vulnerability shown. Only issue for me was penalties and special teams. Should be a great crowd in Hubbard Friday. Looking forward to playing a quality opponent after 5 straight laughers.
As for the starters sportster they will be fine....They have to clean up those penalties cause all that shows is lack of discipline. That is on the coaching staff
Old 10-06-18, 09:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
As for the starters sportster they will be fine....They have to clean up those penalties cause all that shows is lack of discipline. That is on the coaching staff
100% agree
Old 10-07-18, 08:52 AM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
While you may be correct about Girard losing to LaBrae, I dont see it. This is basically the same team that dominated LaBrae last year, minus one receiver and a couple linemen lost to graduation. I dont believe LaBrae improved that much and this game is at Girard. A win over a final 9-1 Labrae along with a win over Liberty who would finish 7-3, could boost Girard to a possible home game in round one. I'm seeing a total point value of 18-19.1 for Girard. But then again, if they lose one game, they're spectators. And what happens with Struthers and Hubbard plays big in who's at home as well.
Old 10-07-18, 09:56 AM
All World

Kind of been my thinking too. I think Labrae is tough but the blue is so down both Girard and Labrae are rolling everyone. Girard impressed me week one and two. Labraes win over Liberty is impressive. I think Girard handles Liberty and their week 9 matchup with Labrae should be a great one. Should be gotw imo. I wouldn't write off the Indians just yet.
Old 10-07-18, 11:02 AM
All World

Those 2 games are so hard to call for me, nobody gave Liberty a chance last year against Girard and they rolled Girard week 10, where’s the labrae game at? I know they have a very good QB just like waid, how are both teams secondaries?
Old 10-07-18, 11:06 AM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
While you may be correct about Girard losing to LaBrae, I dont see it. This is basically the same team that dominated LaBrae last year, minus one receiver and a couple linemen lost to graduation. I dont believe LaBrae improved that much and this game is at Girard. A win over a final 9-1 Labrae along with a win over Liberty who would finish 7-3, could boost Girard to a possible home game in round one. I'm seeing a total point value of 18-19.1 for Girard. But then again, if they lose one game, they're spectators. And what happens with Struthers and Hubbard plays big in who's at home as well.
I do agree with you about Girard being about the same as last year. The difference is yes LaBrae has improved that much. They were just 5-5 last year. This year they are just destroying all those same teams.You can look at the difference in the scores from last year. They have a lot of different weapons with speed this year too. Believe me I want Girard to win, and not that I think they can't, but it will be a challenge this year. Not going to be no 55-21, like last year though The 2 things going for Girard is at home, and they desperately need to win this game. LaBrae can lose it, and probably still make the playoff
Old 10-07-18, 11:39 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Yep. This fact is not lost on me. Eagles could lose to any or all of their last three opponents.

BTW, your guys are looking good!
I just think with such an extended stretch of weak opponents itís tough to not get complacent, not be sharp etc. I have the same worry about McDonald heading into WR as itíll be a month of blow-outs before we play them. Hopefully the Eagles and Blue Devils can finish out strong and rep Trumbull County.
Old 10-07-18, 11:41 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Girard will have no trouble with Liberty. Liberty struggled with Champion last week and it was 12-7 at half before they poured it on late in the game.
Old 10-07-18, 11:48 AM
All District

south yo is on a distinguished road
I predict Hubbard vrs steby for region 13 , that's if they don't play before that lf they do Hubbard vrs Perry, Hubbard has to much speed .
Old 10-07-18, 11:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I just think with such an extended stretch of weak opponents itís tough to not get complacent, not be sharp etc. I have the same worry about McDonald heading into WR as itíll be a month of blow-outs before we play them. Hopefully the Eagles and Blue Devils can finish out strong and rep Trumbull County.
Sounds like a plan. Best of luck to your boys the rest of the way. Should make for an exciting postseason in the valley!
Old 10-07-18, 01:20 PM
All World

Everything for Hubbard will come down to Daniels and their Oline. They have the most talent in the conference by a lot, and if he gets a crease he can score on any play. Going to be interesting how round 1 matchups affect everything, how is Hubbard at home opposed to going on the road?
Old 10-07-18, 01:27 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Those 2 games are so hard to call for me, nobody gave Liberty a chance last year against Girard and they rolled Girard week 10, whereís the labrae game at? I know they have a very good QB just like waid, how are both teams secondaries?
LaBrae plays at Girard. Hard to probably tell about the secondaries, since either team has seen a good passing attack this year. LaBrae really has no weakness, beside their schedule.They are loaded, and probably the most under the radar team in our valley.