Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 10:00 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Oh, and for the record Pantherdadof2 you DID in fact find the need to cause a scene in public, albeit in the realm of the normal new societal manner of non-accountability social media where no one reveals their identity so as not to take responsibility for their words. For all you Yappi folks that found the need to malign my person or use your little "hand claps" etc. you are simply a part of this society's no accountability movement. You don't like it when someone is open and honest. Some of you have questioned my integrity as I attempted to first and foremost rectify the misinformation regarding accusations that I posted under some other bloggers name. You also maligned my person as being somehow all about my son, when I simply responded ina respectful manner regarding the question as to why he wasn't being utilized by our football program as some assumed he would be. Some then actually maligned, whether purposeful or not, my son's athletic ability seeking to minimize his accomplishments and as a father I simply attempted to address those comments. Apparently it is now distasteful for a parent to stand up for his young son's reputation. And then some "fake news" Little Miami resident - if indeed you are, gets online in their first ever Yappi post to make slanderous accusations regarding my reputation in our community. Are there folks who may not like that I call our school district's leaders to account. Sure. But without question, there are a great many others who not only appreciate such, but join with me in doing so. And it has made a difference. And in every instance, as is the new manner of our social network in society, all such comments save but my own were done behind some "user name."
Bottom line, the goal of my participation in athletics over the nearly 40 years of such has always been about providing our young people the best venues to participate in school athletics. Though the former Little Miami football Hubbard clan did not fare well in terms of its football success, Ohio High School Hall of Fame Coach Ben Hubbard certainly understood this truth re: High School athletics, "High School sports is not simply an extra-curricular activity - it is a CO-curricular activity." That places equal importance on a school's athletics program. That would include providing for true "winning" programs - which include the ultimate goal of championships, not just winning records that may look good on the outside over teams of inferior competition just to say, "Look we won some games." I dare say just winning games over less than equivalent competition is NOT a part of the Moeller, St. X, Kings, Colerain etc. tradition. I believe that is what Little Miami should be shooting for. I do believe that LM's new young AD is hoping to instill such a mentality. Frankly, he's got somewhat of an uphill battle to do so with those apparently satisfied with mediocrity. A strong athletic program should be shooting much, much more. That's at the heart of competitive athletics. I'm not into the new "everyone gets a trophy" way of athletics today.
So to all you Yappi folks out there maybe learn to be a bit more civil. Maybe consider if you would actually say the same things if you were staring that person in the face. maybe recognize that other bloggers aren't always adversarial, but just simply trying to say the right things but not knowing just how to do it. Maybe think, how should a dad address comments regarding his own son. Or are we saying that is simply out-of-bounds. If so, why? I have certainly discussed my son with many folks - often strangers or folks from the opposing team, folks I do not know who speak to me in person when they ask about him or his football program and they don't go off with insults over my responses etc. nor do they assume I am simply "tooting the horn" for my son. we just talk the game and how my son plays in it etc.
Well enough said on this blog. As for handling success, well, hopefully LM will find out how to do so should they get the big wins needed to be truly successful by winning more than just a few games. A Conference championship or a play-off win would certainly be a big step in that direction.
Dude where I come from you'd definitely qualify as the "Village idiot". I actually feel sorry for your son.

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Old 10-11-18, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfootballfan View Post
They should put #4 at QB against Edgewood
He wouldn't finish the game.
Old 10-11-18, 01:36 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
Dude where I come from you'd definitely qualify as the "Village idiot". I actually feel sorry for your son.

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
That's not good considering what qualifies as the "village idiot" where you're from. I actually think this guy would fit in perfectly there. Probably be on the school board or head of the booster club.
Old 10-11-18, 03:40 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
He wouldn't finish the game.
Is the starting QB out this week?
Old 10-11-18, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Is the starting QB out this week?

I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-18, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Wow...out of town for a week and come back to this. Packerfan and pantherdad making us LM fans look like idiots. Looking forward to the throw down in Morrow town on friday! Thanks again fellas.
Old 10-11-18, 04:46 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
That's not good considering what qualifies as the "village idiot" where you're from. I actually think this guy would fit in perfectly there. Probably be on the school board or head of the booster club.
Those are very valid points lmao!!! You know me well