Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-08-18, 09:22 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Wow! You are quite a vitriolic person! I took your suggestion and deleted my posts so as to keep you from continuing to spout off. As far as your commentary, you my friend are the reason people avoid these types of discussion forums. You assume to be MR. Know-it-all when it is quite clear you know nothing. Yes, there are always "circumstances," and "No!" I do not need to publicize them for my commentary to be valid. Interestingly, there are other posters who actually have somewhat of a clue who have indeed substantiated my comments regarding the circumstances surrounding my son. But don't let that trouble you. As far as recruiting for colleges go, you are by absolutely no means an expert in that regard and it is quite obvious. The only thing that matters to college coaches is the play of the athlete and possibly whether their grades are sufficient. What parents say is irrelevant. What a joke to think you are even minutely knowledgeable based upon what you've posted. Want to know what's really wrong with our society today? People like you who cannot help themselves from being belligerent, judgmental and mean-spirited and feel they have the right to malign others who they have never met or know nothing about. That is really what ails our society today. If anyone is seeking to "pat themselves on the back" it is you as you demean others in order to make yourself seem superior. Yes, I am done posting any further responses to such a person of low integrity! Not sure how anyone on Yappi can possibly take you seriously!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-08-18, 09:49 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Patten is a good player and those of us on the Harrison side were wondering why we weren't seeing more of him on offense during the game. That being said, they do have some other talented kids at RB and the QB can run as well. I would still think there is room for him to get more carries and do what Edgewood does, spread the ball around. LM struggles to throw the ball effectively so it seems he could help them with another option on offense. I do agree that the coaches see these kids every day and I'm sure they're doing what they think is best for the team. LM has a good team with a few nice weapons on offense but they definitely need to be able to pass the ball more effectively. Should be LOTS of rushing yards in that LM/Edgewood game!!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-09-18, 04:44 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 632
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Wow! You are quite a vitriolic person! I took your suggestion and deleted my posts so as to keep you from continuing to spout off. As far as your commentary, you my friend are the reason people avoid these types of discussion forums. You assume to be MR. Know-it-all when it is quite clear you know nothing. Yes, there are always "circumstances," and "No!" I do not need to publicize them for my commentary to be valid. Interestingly, there are other posters who actually have somewhat of a clue who have indeed substantiated my comments regarding the circumstances surrounding my son. But don't let that trouble you. As far as recruiting for colleges go, you are by absolutely no means an expert in that regard and it is quite obvious. The only thing that matters to college coaches is the play of the athlete and possibly whether their grades are sufficient. What parents say is irrelevant. What a joke to think you are even minutely knowledgeable based upon what you've posted. Want to know what's really wrong with our society today? People like you who cannot help themselves from being belligerent, judgmental and mean-spirited and feel they have the right to malign others who they have never met or know nothing about. That is really what ails our society today. If anyone is seeking to "pat themselves on the back" it is you as you demean others in order to make yourself seem superior. Yes, I am done posting any further responses to such a person of low integrity! Not sure how anyone on Yappi can possibly take you seriously!
Hey you say whatever you like to make yourself feel better. And I know and regularly communicate with quite a few college coaches and yes, they do care about the things I mentioned because they don't want to deal with the headache, and want to make sure the player won't do anything to embarrass the school or program. It is funny when people say I don't know anything because I am right way more often than wrong, especially when it comes to football. You go ahead and call it whatever you would like but my guess is the real reason you deleted your posts is because your son told you to or you realized that your son is not a D1 college talent and that the small colleges recruit the entire person, not just players and grades and you were hurting his chances.

I think it is absolutely hilarious that what I have said on here has gotten under your skin so badly, when all I did was call you out on your bull crap that literally nobody wants to hear. Call it what you want but I sure don't Pat myself on my back, that was all you on here along with whining. Again parents are 95% of the problem at most schools and the fact is you are most definitely a problem parent that nobody has called you out on yet. If that's mean spirited, so be it, truth is mean some times.

Little Miami is having a great year, keep it up and hopefully we will see some great things in the post season from them.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-09-18, 07:14 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 980
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
I would think Little Miami will likely finish no worse than 8-2 with their remaining schedule.

Does that put them into the playoffs? I know Western Hills is not a super strong team but a win would still yield D1 Harbins.

Beat Edgewood and it's pretty much a guarantee I would think?

If Edgewood and Harrison both win out (or Little Miami and Harrison) does the SWOC award co-championships or does it go to the winner of the head to head game?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-09-18, 09:36 AM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
The SWOC has never had a tie for the championship in football so I'm not sure how it would be decided. As for the playoffs, LM is sitting at number 5, Edgewood at 8, and Harrison at 10. I don't think there is much of a chance all three can make it but I think 2 of the 3 can make it. Week 9 is huge for the SWOC....LM at Edgewood and Mt Healthy at Harrison. Five SWOC teams still alive for the playoffs heading into week 8.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-09-18, 09:47 AM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
To Mr. cincifbfan, No! You are incorrect. I did NOT delete anything because my son told me to do it. And No! I could care less re: college recruitment. If my son desires to play college football it WILL be based upon his skills and academics - that's what college is all about. His character and integrity is of the highest degree and I am quite sure no college will have any problem with him OR me as his parent. As for your 95% problem being parents..., that's a joke! It's a game my friend. That parents are to "shut up" when it comes to their most prized possessions, as if football coaches are some type of gods, is ridiculous! Coaches, like anyone else are NOT infallible beings. High School coaches have apparently become the most protected species on the planet these days. They make mistakes - especially at the High School level. Civil discourse regarding such mistakes and questioning by parents should NOT be seen as being a problem. What kind of society have we come to that a parent or anyone for that matter can't simply seek to discuss matters pertaining to a game without being lambasted and accused of crimes against coaches? Since when have coaches become immune from accountability? When I played the game and when I coached the game, coaches welcomed honest, sometimes critical discussion. In fact, at Little Miami years back they allowed parents to attend film sessions and ask questions. A healthy society welcomes debate. As I originally posted, I was simply responding to the errant accusation that I had posted items under another name. By the way, I also believe in the "no sign, no spine" principle. Funny how everyone uses some type of "user name" and then feels safe to say whatever because then they can hide behind some goofy user name and no one ever knows who they really are. And as for your "some talent" comment re: my son, just for the record Maybe not DI but he plays hard, unselfishly, is highly coachable, and is a great teammate. Of course I'm sure you'll twist this as some type of recruitment ploy. And i'm pretty sure my son is NOT embarrassed by me and appreciates that I stand by him as a loving parent. I gotta believe there are lots of young men who wished they had dads who did so for them. Signing off. Go Panthers!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-09-18, 10:14 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 696
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Wow, somebody please kill this thread..........
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-09-18, 10:22 AM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
As officials, we hear it from the coaches for a couple of hours once a week.....

As coaches, they hear it 24/7/365 from the likes of the poster in question.....


I'll keep doing what I'm doing and let the coaches deal with this stuff....
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-09-18, 10:26 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 632
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
To Mr. cincifbfan, No! You are incorrect. I did NOT delete anything because my son told me to do it. And No! I could care less re: college recruitment. If my son desires to play college football it WILL be based upon his skills and academics - that's what college is all about. His character and integrity is of the highest degree and I am quite sure no college will have any problem with him OR me as his parent. As for your 95% problem being parents..., that's a joke! It's a game my friend. That parents are to "shut up" when it comes to their most prized possessions, as if football coaches are some type of gods, is ridiculous! Coaches, like anyone else are NOT infallible beings. High School coaches have apparently become the most protected species on the planet these days. They make mistakes - especially at the High School level. Civil discourse regarding such mistakes and questioning by parents should NOT be seen as being a problem. What kind of society have we come to that a parent or anyone for that matter can't simply seek to discuss matters pertaining to a game without being lambasted and accused of crimes against coaches? Since when have coaches become immune from accountability? When I played the game and when I coached the game, coaches welcomed honest, sometimes critical discussion. In fact, at Little Miami years back they allowed parents to attend film sessions and ask questions. A healthy society welcomes debate. As I originally posted, I was simply responding to the errant accusation that I had posted items under another name. By the way, I also believe in the "no sign, no spine" principle. Funny how everyone uses some type of "user name" and then feels safe to say whatever because then they can hide behind some goofy user name and no one ever knows who they really are. And as for your "some talent" comment re: my son, just for the record Maybe not DI but he plays hard, unselfishly, is highly coachable, and is a great teammate. Of course I'm sure you'll twist this as some type of recruitment ploy. And i'm pretty sure my son is NOT embarrassed by me and appreciates that I stand by him as a loving parent. I gotta believe there are lots of young men who wished they had dads who did so for them. Signing off. Go Panthers!
Ok, whatever you got to tell yourself to feel better. Look, you talk in circles and everything you say is full of hypocrisy. You say you don't care about recruiting but then you say he'll play if he wants to. I was involved with recruiting during my coaching years for more than a decade and got more kids to play college ball at every level than you will begin to comprehend. And to be honest, your homemade video, ain't gonna do it for your son. The fact that you start it with "people who shine from within don't need the spotlight" quote tells every college coach what they need to know right there. Every single one will stop the film as soon as they see that. when people have to announce that "they don't need the spotlight" they obviously do. You have been on here trying to put your son in the spotlight this entire time.

You are right on football being a game. I never said football coaches are gods or ever implied their infallibility. What I said was if you are such a football expert, please go put the time and effort and join the staff, they'd love to have you as every single high school program is always in need of more quality coaches. Civil discourse is also a wonderful thing, but getting on a board to question the coaches is petty and not civil. If you want answers, simply call/text/email Coach Mahon and set up an appointment to meet with him about your concerns. I'm sure he'd love to tell you why your son isn't getting the ball as much as you think he should be. Don't go on a chat board and ask the question, go straight to the source. What you are doing is not civil discourse, it is whining. The definition of whining by the way according to the Oxford dictionary is: Complaining in a feeble or petulant way, which is exactly what you have done on this board.

As far as standing by your son, I agree that more fathers need to step up and do it. What you are doing is not standing up for your son. You are making things more difficult for him, but can't / won't see it that way, which is fine I guess. No Senior football player wants their dad announcing who they are and touting how talented their son is in an online forum. Again, I stated nothing bad about your son, he definitely has wheels, but what you are doing is simply hurting him and the LM program, please take the blinders off and use your common sense. You guys have the first winning season in forever and you are on here complaining about how much he gets the ball. Everything you are doing is selfish, plain and simple, and you claim your son plays unselfishly, so keep it that way and stay off of here because you could be the cancer that rips LM's possible playoff dreams away from everyone in the area. Don't do it for you, do it for your son and his team.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-09-18, 11:28 AM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Ok, I know I shouldn't, but I'm a sucker when it comes to responding to guys like you who spout off without knowing the facts. You must have been out of coaching (your claim to a decade of such) too long to know the reality today in High School sports. At Little Miami the policy is that as a parent you are NOT allowed to contact the coach regarding questions concerning playtime, game decisions etc. I know based upon your posts you would be one to agree with such draconian policies. As such, under the circumstances I as a parent CANNOT contact the coach and question him regarding such matters. As you might imagine, I have tried to contact the coach on matters pertaining to my son and as expected, such contact has always been ignored. And this is not just with regard to myself, but with any parent. I assure you that, contrary to your assumption, our coaches would NOT be "happy to explain their rationale for decisions" etc. By policy they ignore such matters. As I so noted, high school coaches are the most protected species on the planet! As a parent, we are told to encourage our athletes to speak with their coaches regarding any concerns they might have. I have respectfully done so and my son has spoken to his coaches, respectfully, on several occasions. Their responses have basically been, "We're saving you for the big games." Both he and I imagined this past week's Harrison game to be one of the "big games." My original post was in response to another poster who was surprised that my son did not receive carries in the big LM vs. Harrison game (3 total carries). I simply noted that I concurred with that surprise, as did many others - LM fans and Harrison folks as well (as noted in the Harrison fan's post earlier). So please, before you speak, know the circumstances. Before you lambast folks, try to get the facts surrounding the circumstances. And NO, I am not trying to undermine LM's fine season - or disrespecting its coaches. I wish only the best for the team. If anything, like many LM fans would state, the question on everyone's mind is such, "Does curtailing a former significant running back's carries bode in the interest best for the team?" It's NOT about my son. It's about winning the big games in order to find greater success for the season as a whole. Twist it to make it seem about my son all you want. I simply was defending my son before those "bloggers" who questioned his abilities - including your uninformed self.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-09-18, 11:48 AM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
One final note..., regarding the home-made video. It was NOT for any recruitment purposes! It was my son's Christmas gift to his out of state grandparents because they cannot attend his games. I did not have any other video I could share. But again, true to what is apparently your character, you can be mean-spirited in your assessment of that as well. To the rest of the yappi bloggers - particularly those who would like for this thread to end, I apologize for my comments and my defense of my son etc. I would have preferred to simply respond to Mr. cincifbfan but didn't know how to do so on this blog. I'm sorry if I offended the Yappi community or as some noted caused them to view this matter as "distasteful" Again, it's just a game! No more from me on the matter!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-09-18, 11:58 AM
thehawg27 thehawg27 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-25-04
Posts: 1,294
thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
As someone who has had a few high school sons go through the ranks....I could never imagine getting on yappi and questioning the call of a coach/team that my sons play for??? That's insane.

packerpt or whatever your name is, let's just call you "Patten's dad", no one questions the ability, work ethic, toughness of your boy. He is a very good high school football player but to get on here and spew nonsense about touches/game decisions etc is very unbecoming of you as his father. I'm sure he loves you to death but he's better served if you just stop.

LM is having a fine season, one that hasn't been seen in Morrow for quite some time. Lets just put all this behind us and move on to next week. The tough part of LM schedule is behind them (except for the Cougars). Finish strong over the final 3 and enjoy your trip to the playoffs. I hope your son finishes his senior year strong and enjoys the memories hes making with his teammates.

Last edited by thehawg27; 10-10-18 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-09-18, 12:02 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 632
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
If anything, like many LM fans would state, the question on everyone's mind is such, "Does curtailing a former significant running back's carries bode in the interest best for the team?"
Obviously curtailing his carries bode in the best interest for the team. Best record in forever. When he was a sophomore, and carried the ball 225 times, you guys were 3-7. Now when the ball is getting spread around and he has carried 49 times, record is 6-1. I'd say coaches are 100% right that curtailing his carries IS what is best for the team.

With that being said, This year your son's punt return and kickoff return averages have both gone up (plus he has return TD which he didn't previously have in 16) and his receiving yards per catch are way up. His yards per carry are still over 6, so that is his average.

Coaches have done a remarkable job improving all of his stats and making him a more complete player. And yes, it obviously is better for the team (look at the records). Again, quit whining about your son's carries if it is truly "for the team" as they have doubled the wins compared to when your son was the only one getting the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-09-18, 12:32 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Please note that the 6 wins were verses teams with a combined 13-24 record. The Harrison game was the first game against a .500 or better team. Sadly we lost. As was noted at beginning of this thread, the Harrison game was considered a real test regarding the legitimacy of LM's 6-0 record. The remaining games include Ross (who beat Edgewood) and Edgewood. The tougher part of LM's schedule. Comparing 2016 to 2018 is not exactly a fair comparison. The 2016 schedule was much, much tougher with far, far better SWOC teams (incredible Edgewood team, Harrison, Mt Healthy, even a better Northwest, and a CHCA team that went to Div V State). Just to put things in perspective. Some have argued that LM has purposefully lowered competition to get wins and boost morale. Not a bad thing, but again, in the end you have to win the big games. Proud of our team, but also realistic. The real test will be these next two weeks. I believe those who really know understand this.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-09-18, 01:20 PM
TheStuff142 TheStuff142 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-03-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 767
TheStuff142
Yappi drama almost as good as facebook drama.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-09-18, 01:34 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
point was that the play Harrison uses has the linemen going down field (5-7 yds), not staying engaged with the d-linemen in front of them, more than 3 yards and the pass is BEYOND LOS and before QB releases ball. Is that a penalty?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-09-18, 03:33 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 632
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Please note that the 6 wins were verses teams with a combined 13-24 record. The Harrison game was the first game against a .500 or better team. Sadly we lost. As was noted at beginning of this thread, the Harrison game was considered a real test regarding the legitimacy of LM's 6-0 record. The remaining games include Ross (who beat Edgewood) and Edgewood. The tougher part of LM's schedule. Comparing 2016 to 2018 is not exactly a fair comparison. The 2016 schedule was much, much tougher with far, far better SWOC teams (incredible Edgewood team, Harrison, Mt Healthy, even a better Northwest, and a CHCA team that went to Div V State). Just to put things in perspective. Some have argued that LM has purposefully lowered competition to get wins and boost morale. Not a bad thing, but again, in the end you have to win the big games. Proud of our team, but also realistic. The real test will be these next two weeks. I believe those who really know understand this.
And in 2016 you lost to 2-8 Talawanda where your son rushed for 370+ and 5 TDs. Again when the ball is spread around, you win more, period. In the game where your son got the most carries, yards, and TDs of his career they lost to a terrible team. Your argument is once again selfish. You keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-09-18, 03:41 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Patten is a good player and those of us on the Harrison side were wondering why we weren't seeing more of him on offense during the game. That being said, they do have some other talented kids at RB and the QB can run as well. I would still think there is room for him to get more carries and do what Edgewood does, spread the ball around. LM struggles to throw the ball effectively so it seems he could help them with another option on offense. I do agree that the coaches see these kids every day and I'm sure they're doing what they think is best for the team. LM has a good team with a few nice weapons on offense but they definitely need to be able to pass the ball more effectively. Should be LOTS of rushing yards in that LM/Edgewood game!!
Uh fact of the matter is Patten is one of the fastest kids in league. He has been injury prone, and it looks to me LM offense is trying to get the ball in space to him. Looks to me as good stragedy.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-09-18, 04:15 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
point was that the play Harrison uses has the linemen going down field (5-7 yds),
Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
not staying engaged with the d-linemen in front of them, more than 3 yards
Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
and the pass is BEYOND LOS and before QB releases ball. Is that a penalty?
Not sure how can you have a pass beyond the LOS before the passer releases the ball.....
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-09-18, 04:24 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Really cincifbfan, you think the reason LM lost that Talawanda game was because we didn't spread the ball around? You really don't know much about football then do you? we lost because our defense couldn't stop a poor Talawanda team, NOT because my son rushed for 370 yds and 5 tds. He did all he could to help his team win. You my friend are the one digging the hole with idiotic comments like that! By the way, where did you coach at, or are you still a "no sign, no spine" poster? And for the record Patten is NOT injury prone. He was hurt last season due to 31 carries in the first half of the second football game of the season (in the pouring reign, same play on 28 of those 31 carries) - an absurd # under any circumstances - and as I reported lost his Junior season to a reactive stress fracture. Other than that he would cramp up in some games when getting over 20 carries in first half during his 2016 season. He has been perfectly healthy this season and has played every game. He is NOT getting the ball in space. No change in offensive philosophy other than not getting ball. Again, understand that is the coach's decision. But he is NOT injury prone!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-09-18, 04:26 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
To ALLSports12: Meant the QB has not released the ball and the pass is thrown beyond the line of scrimmage, not in the backfield as I understand most screen passes are thrown. So what then constitutes inelgible man down field?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-09-18, 04:29 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
To ALLSports12: Meant the QB has not released the ball and the pass is thrown beyond the line of scrimmage, not in the backfield as I understand most screen passes are thrown. So what then constitutes inelgible man down field?
I gave you the answer in a prior post.....

If the ineligibles are downfield (past the expanded neutral zone) and the ball crosses the LOS it is a foul.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-09-18, 04:30 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-09-18, 04:32 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
That is one of Harrison's signature plays but I was told it rarely gets called on them even when linemen are clearly downfield.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-09-18, 04:33 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
That is one of Harrison's signature plays but I was told it rarely gets called on them even when linemen are clearly downfield.
Of course....

Not only are you a coaching expert, but also an expert at officiating as well.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-09-18, 04:36 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Please note that the 6 wins were verses teams with a combined 13-24 record. The Harrison game was the first game against a .500 or better team. Sadly we lost. As was noted at beginning of this thread, the Harrison game was considered a real test regarding the legitimacy of LM's 6-0 record. The remaining games include Ross (who beat Edgewood) and Edgewood. The tougher part of LM's schedule. Comparing 2016 to 2018 is not exactly a fair comparison. The 2016 schedule was much, much tougher with far, far better SWOC teams (incredible Edgewood team, Harrison, Mt Healthy, even a better Northwest, and a CHCA team that went to Div V State). Just to put things in perspective. Some have argued that LM has purposefully lowered competition to get wins and boost morale. Not a bad thing, but again, in the end you have to win the big games. Proud of our team, but also realistic. The real test will be these next two weeks. I believe those who really know understand this.
Uh Ross will run the fullback 35 times . Don't jump offsides and don't get 9 penalties and LM will probably win. Ross FB is good for 3 yards a crack, big kid runs with a forward lean. LM just hit the open recievers and have them catch the ball, game over.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-09-18, 04:38 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 18
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
If I were an officiating expert I wouldn't have asked the question now would I? Once again classic Yappi demeanor!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-09-18, 06:05 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 696
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
If I were an officiating expert I wouldn't have asked the question now would I? Once again classic Yappi demeanor!


Dude, you are getting unhinged. Do you wear a black mask and block cars in the parking lot when Luke doesn’t get his carries? Scream at the sky and cry or is that just on here?

Seriously, chill out. We get where you are coming from but you’re getting worse. Should have stopped at the second post and before the glamorous video.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-09-18, 06:05 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
If I were an officiating expert I wouldn't have asked the question now would I? Once again classic Yappi demeanor!
And you have exhibited the classic helicopter parent behavior.

"I'm not questioning the coaches" ...... then spend multiple posts questioning the coaches.

Trust me, and this is from someone who could give two hoots about wins, losses, carries, recruiting, offensive or defensive schemes, etc...... your silly posts on this subject do no good for your son...... none....

Leave it go, enjoy your son's final games as a HS athlete, and stop posting about it.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-09-18, 06:10 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Yes, thank you. It's like these dudes think that SWOC refs actually live in Harrison or something. The penalty numbers I provided tell the story completely. Exactly even calls at home through three games. Edgewood is the only team that seems to think they get screwed playing at Harrison. But of course Edgewood never gets any calls at home Heck, even East Central fans don't complain about the officiating here. Never seen fans whine so much after winning a game.

I'd like to bury this nonsense once and for all and I thought the best way to do that is to present the actual FACTS. There have been four games where Edgewood has visited Harrison since the SWOC started in 2012. In those four games, Harrison has been called for 30 penalties for 304 yards while Edgewood has been called for 21 penalties for 198 yards. Yeah, I can see why you're SO tired of getting SO screwed when you come to Harrison. Nothing like a little truth and some facts to humble a whiner.

Now that the facts have been presented and we all got a good laugh (except you Edgewood guys), let's forget about Edgewood and get back to talking about Little Miami and Harrison.
Uh, its not the total numbers, it is when they are called. 3 years ago holding was called on Edgewood 15 yards from the play after a successful 3rd and 10. Uh crew always evens up the calls after the game is over. Uh when you go to Harrison, you are down 2 TDS before the game starts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vamps V2S power ratings for the SW District + Miami Valley 2-12-18 vamp2syd Boys Basketball 9 02-15-18 01:50 PM
Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association to Welcome Brown, Harrison and Juniewicz to HOF Yappi Football 0 02-01-18 02:30 PM
Vamps V2S power ratings for the SW District + Miami Valley vamp2syd Boys Basketball 3 12-18-17 03:58 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
2018 First Team All Southwest Team Announced Comet Dad Football 1 11-16-17 11:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz