Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-04-18, 05:47 AM
Freshman

Hyf7153 is on a distinguished road
Harrison QB broken arm

I heard the Kinnett kid broke his arm and is not playing this week. Wonder who they are going play at QB? Will they run the wildcat.
Old 10-04-18, 09:36 AM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
I just don't know what to expect in this game because of Little Miami's schedule to this point. The win over Mt Healthy was impressive but that's really all I know. They appear to be a little stronger running the ball but it looks like they can pass when they need to. As for us, we're much more battle tested and we've played a much higher level of competition. We're also really banged up on our lines so that could be an issue. Everyone knows what we do. We average 300 a game passing and have several receivers who can make big plays. We can also run the ball effectively but have struggled there at times. We're really tough to beat at home and Little Miami has never ever beaten Harrison. I'm hoping a fast start for the Wildcats could get the Panthers thinking "here we go again" or something to that effect. I just don't see them stopping us enough to win the game but I do think they'll score some points.

Harrison 42
Little Miami 28

Looking forward to a good and exciting game on Friday night!
Uh, did Kinnett break his arm or is this just somebody from Little Miami spreading BS?
Old 10-04-18, 09:50 AM
Freshman

Owlnation is on a distinguished road
No BS on Kinnett breaking his arm. It was verified he is in a cast. Not sure who there back up is or what there game plan will be, but I have to think that swings the game to Little Miami
Old 10-04-18, 10:53 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlnation View Post
No BS on Kinnett breaking his arm. It was verified he is in a cast. Not sure who there back up is or what there game plan will be, but I have to think that swings the game to Little Miami
Uh, if that is true, would be a real shame. Best QB in the league and he does have a year left.Not so sure about the game. Beating Harrison at their place is a tall order and they still have those 4 receivers the best group in the league.Definitely helps Little Miami.
Old 10-04-18, 03:51 PM
All District

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Connor Kinnett will be playing Friday night. He suffered an injury to his non-throwing forearm and is in a cast but he has no issues taking snaps, handing off the ball, or throwing. The offense will be in full gear tomorrow night.
Old 10-04-18, 04:56 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Connor Kinnett will be playing Friday night. He suffered an injury to his non-throwing forearm and is in a cast but he has no issues taking snaps, handing off the ball, or throwing. The offense will be in full gear tomorrow night.
Uh great can he run the ball? QB running is a large part of Harrisons offense. He is the best QB in this league hands down.
Old 10-04-18, 09:08 PM
All District

I'm sure he'll run the ball as he normally does. I think our offense will be at full strength tomorrow night which is obviously great for us. I think it's good for Little Miami as well. If they beat us without Connor then it wouldn't be the win that they need. If they beat us with Connor then they will have proven themselves in a big way.
Old 10-05-18, 05:19 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Interesting game tonight.

Is Lil Miami for real or not?

This game may not actually answer that question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-18, 05:21 PM
All American

Harrison guys is Coach Sowders still coaching there ?

Knew him 100 years ago in the old Greenhills HS days.

Old 10-05-18, 05:22 PM
All American

Good luck to both teams.

The game will not come down to the refs making biased calls lol.

Love when people get on that kick

Old 10-05-18, 05:24 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh a QB with a broken arm, is a huge issue. Obviously he wont run the ball a huge part of the Harrison offense. Kid is the best QB in the league , sad to say it ends up like this.
Old 10-05-18, 07:18 PM
All District

21-21 at the half
Old 10-05-18, 08:21 PM
All District

Harrison 35-28 at end of the 3rd
Old 10-05-18, 08:25 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Harrison 35-28 at end of the 3rd
Uh is Kinnett playing?
Old 10-05-18, 08:58 PM
All District

Yes he played. Harrison won 42-28. Little Miami is a good team and I look forward to seeing how the LM/Edgewood game goes in a couple weeks.
Old 10-05-18, 09:23 PM
All District

Quote:
I just don't know what to expect in this game because of Little Miami's schedule to this point. The win over Mt Healthy was impressive but that's really all I know. They appear to be a little stronger running the ball but it looks like they can pass when they need to. As for us, we're much more battle tested and we've played a much higher level of competition. We're also really banged up on our lines so that could be an issue. Everyone knows what we do. We average 300 a game passing and have several receivers who can make big plays. We can also run the ball effectively but have struggled there at times. We're really tough to beat at home and Little Miami has never ever beaten Harrison. I'm hoping a fast start for the Wildcats could get the Panthers thinking "here we go again" or something to that effect. I just don't see them stopping us enough to win the game but I do think they'll score some points.

Harrison 42
Little Miami 28

Looking forward to a good and exciting game on Friday night!
It was a good game and i'm totally not used to picking results and exact scores correctly so I had to remind everyone
Old 10-05-18, 09:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Harrison guys is Coach Sowders still coaching there ?

Knew him 100 years ago in the old Greenhills HS days.

Yes he is! I've known Shawn for a very long time.
Old 10-05-18, 09:45 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh is Kinnett playing?
He played with a cast on one hand and potential broken collar bone on the throwing arm, tough kid, hope xrays are negative tomorrow. Harrison got some of their o-line back tonight and it showed. If Kinnet is ok and Harrison get its three starting D lineman and one linebacker back in the next couple of weeks they could make a good run. Little Miami's QB is really good and he hurt his ankle early in the third which was a big difference in the game. Hope its nothing serious and heals quickly.
Old 10-05-18, 10:52 PM
All District

Yeah, Connor played the entire second half with that injury which is why we ran the ball the whole second half and threw only a few passes. It definitely affected the team but thankfully we were able to run the ball really well. Hopefully he’ll be ok for the rest of the season. I was impressed with the Wildcats tonight. Got down 14-0 early and then put the hammer down after that. The goal line stand at 28-28 was a huge factor in the game.
Old 10-05-18, 11:58 PM
Varsity

1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Started strong and made it a game for a little over a half. Harrison's goal line stand was huge and you could feel momentum change. Still can't figure out why Patton didn't get more touches and I will say this til I am blue in the face our weak out of conference schedule the past few years doesn't prepare our program for games like this. Harrison has been battle tested and put there hands in the dirt and got it done. Little Miamis Qb has had a nice year so far but can get a little rattled when things don't go his way. He has to mature mentally to be successful in the future.
Old 10-06-18, 04:57 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
How's the LM QB? LM without the QB is going to struggle.
Old 10-08-18, 08:52 AM
Freshman

packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
Just for the record

Just for the record..., been some folks claiming that I am posting on Yappi as oldfootballcoach. Again for the record, I am the father of Luke Patten and I have NOT been posting on the Yappi forums incognito as if to mysteriously make comments regarding my son. Tough loss to a very good Harrison team last Friday evening. That's life. Still 3 games to go and a chance for conference title and/or playoff spot. Go Panthers!

Last edited by packerfanpt; 10-08-18 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-08-18, 09:24 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Also for the record, apparently someone previously posted that as Luke's father I purposefully kept him out of play last season due to an injury following a game (2nd game of season verses Western Brown where he had 31 carries in the first half of play (FTR he did gain over 200 yards and scored 3 tds in the first half of that rain-soaked game). Luke lost the final 8 games of his Junior season due to a reactive stress fracture of his ankle he incurred on the 31st carry of that first half. Doctor Mark Galloway, orthopedic doctor of the Cincinnati Bengals football team, deemed his injury season-ending. It was NOT Luke's father's (or mother's) decision in any way. Nonetheless, he has fully recovered from his injury and has been physically fine in this his senior year.
And this guy right here with his posts is what is wrong with not only High School sports, but our nation. Quit questioning coaches and reacting to what people are saying. YOU SIR, ARE THE PROBLEM that I am sure everyone at LM talks about behind your back!
Old 10-08-18, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just for the record..., been some folks claiming that I am posting on Yappi as oldfootballcoach. Again for the record, I am the father of Luke Patten and I have NOT been posting on the Yappi forums incognito as if to mysteriously make comments regarding my son. Tough loss to a very good Harrison team last Friday evening. I will however second the motion re: lack of carries for my son Luke - especially on the 1st and goal at 6 which would have put LM up 35-28. Instead we get stuffed and Harrison goes 99 yards for the go-ahead score. gamechanger! And yes, even though I'm Luke's pop and may sound partial, firmly believe with 4 chances at endzone and the lead, Luke gets the score. Coaches decision, but equally mystified. That's High School football and as parents we're left leaving decisions in the hands of coaches. To go from Soph. season leading conference in rushing, 4th lading rusher in Cincy area 1st team all-area Div II running back to a total of some 40 carries in his senior year is very, very tough to watch. Been told he's needed on defense. Luke does what his coaches ask of him. Still, in the biggest game of the season, (biggest game in over 30 years at LM) he would have certainly appreciated a chance to help bring home the victory. Frankly, there are many around LM area who are left wondering "what if" had Patten carried the ball more in that game. That's life. Still 3 games to go and a chance for conference title and/or playoff spot. Go Panthers!

Dude relax. Let's put this into perspective:

Soph season he was all LM had. That's why he had 225 carries. Like Thomas when he was at Talawanda. Easy to rack up those yards when you are 95% of the offense on a bad team always losing and playing the entire game. He had zero or negative yardage vs Edgewood that year in the first half, got like 40 yards against the JV in the second. Don't act like he was David Montgomery or something.

Hell Wade Phillips had 1358 last year and that's sharing the load with Elisha Williams who had 916 in a lot less carries and not playing in half the third and almost all the fourth quarters by the way. Give Wade the extra 50 carries and he's at around 1800 yrds. If you want to go back to 2016; Hayden was the best back in the conference that year. Only played in 6 1/2 games and got 641 yards. Give him 225 carries and he's over 2000.......jeez.

Nah, I would be happy with the role he has and the coaching staff's decisions. Seems to be working pretty well for LM so far.
Old 10-08-18, 11:38 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Dude relax. Let's put this into perspective:

Soph season he was all LM had. That's why he had 225 carries. Like Thomas when he was at Talawanda. Easy to rack up those yards when you are 95% of the offense on a bad team always losing and playing the entire game. He had zero or negative yardage vs Edgewood that year in the first half, got like 40 yards against the JV in the second. Don't act like he was David Montgomery or something.

Hell Wade Phillips had 1358 last year and that's sharing the load with Elisha Williams who had 916 in a lot less carries and not playing in half the third and almost all the fourth quarters by the way. Give Wade the extra 50 carries and he's at around 1800 yrds. If you want to go back to 2016; Hayden was the best back in the conference that year. Only played in 6 1/2 games and got 641 yards. Give him 225 carries and he's over 2000.......jeez.

Nah, I would be happy with the role he has and the coaching staff's decisions. Seems to be working pretty well for LM so far.
I don't like this guy getting on here and posting about his son and questioning coaches either, but the Patten kid can play. Good team, bad team, whatever. I have seen more than one post asking why he's not getting more touches. I promise you, you throw that kid in the Edgewood offense with Edgewood's line and he puts up some damn good numbers. Don't downplay the kid's accomplishments because his dad getting on here and doing what most of us find to be distasteful.
Old 10-08-18, 11:47 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I don't like this guy getting on here and posting about his son and questioning coaches either, but the Patten kid can play. Good team, bad team, whatever. I have seen more than one post asking why he's not getting more touches. I promise you, you throw that kid in the Edgewood offense with Edgewood's line and he puts up some damn good numbers. Don't downplay the kid's accomplishments because his dad getting on here and doing what most of us find to be distasteful.
100%. Patten is a very good player. Super talented. I am surprised he isn't getting more touches, especially in big games but this is a much better team than the 2016 version and there are more weapons. I think down the stretch you will see some more of Patten while still making sure Dawson gets the ball.
Old 10-08-18, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
FTR I certainly did not mean to stir up the crazies. Pretty judgemental to label me what's wrong with America today. I was simply responding to false info regarding my person being assumed as another poster. As for the gentleman who believes that being the conference's leading scorer, rusher and voted by the media as an All Area First Team Div. II running back is really not all that significant I would suggest you have a right to your opinion but it's really not fair to tear down a young man's accomplishments as if they were nothing. I understand you are a HUGE Edgewood fan and certainly should be proud of the accomplishments of your players. But to make light of others like my son and the great back from Talawanda (Thomas) who is now playing at Miami of OH, just because they played on less talented teams than your Edgewood teams is simply unsportsmanlike. Also FTR, I assure you that though I don't doubt folks talk behind my back, there are many, many LM area folks who have spoken out regarding the circumstances surrounding my son's lack of use - particularly this past week when we played a good Harrison team and we needed the win. Obviously that game was a huge test for the LM football program because we have yet to truly beat the upper echelon teams in the conference. As such it is understandable that many, including many posting on Yappi blogs etc., still question LM's legitimacy as a 6-1 team. I for one, believe LM does indeed have legitimacy and I do believe that after assessing this latest loss there will no doubt be "if-we-had-it-to-do-over-again" discussions, even among the LM coaching staff members. That's not a bad thing. That's just the nature of competitive athletics. So please don't jump to judgemental conclusions when you don't even know the first thing about the people you are making statements about. This is what led me to post a response in the first place. Enough with the Yappi crazies.
Look, first off, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM AS I STATED BEFORE. YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS AND THIS NATION. You are searching for answers as to why your son didn't carry the ball in a certain situation. Look, go join LM coaching staff and share your expertise with those who do this for a living. I promise you there were reason's he didn't get the ball. Little Miami having more weapons is the most likely answer. Maybe Harrison was keying on your son, like with a dedicated defender (a spy). Perhaps the coaches noticed an adjustment that Harrison made and went in a different direction to counteract that adjustment (Even when coaches make adjustments to adjustments, they don't always work), or maybe there were missed assignments and plays would have worked, but it could be that the scouting report showed something against their defense while in the redzone that they were trying to execute, per game plan. The point is there are literally dozens of reasons why they, the coaches (who have turned Little Miami around mind you) decided not to give the ball to your son in that situation. Trust them, don't criticize the success, and quit whining on behalf of your son, it's not a good look. I promise you if he read what you have posted, he'd be embarrassed, and if his team-mates read any of this, they are going to give him tons of sh*t over "daddy's boy." You posting on here are also going to make him getting recruited much more difficult, because no college coach wants to deal with this crybaby stuff when JR doesn't get the ball enough. And yes, college coaches or their staff read this stuff to get an idea for who/what they are really getting.

You simply need to STOP as you are making an a s s out of yourself and the Little Miami Program.

And I say again, YOU ARE 100% what is wrong with LM & USA PERIOD!!!!!
Old 10-08-18, 01:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wow! You really are arrogant as if you can even begin to know the circumstances. That's ok though. Apparently you feel you have the right to question matters in many of your own posts and then criticize others when you do NOT know anything about what you speak. I am not whining about anything. I recognize High School coaches make the decisions regarding their teams based upon what they believe is best for their teams. I don't need to actually defend my son's play - it has spoken for itself throughout his football career. I only responded to the horrible comments made regarding his achievements. as for this past Friday night's game..., I assure you I was NOT by any stretch the only LM fan who was left wondering regarding my son's not being utilized. In fact, following the game 15 Harrison players asked my son why he wasn't on the field offensively? I'm sure they were glad he wasn't. But again, you my friend have no idea of what you are speaking about. Done with this Yappi no-brain stuff. Very classless on your part.

Then please educate us on the "CIRCUMSTANCES." Problem parents always go on and on about "CIRCUMSTANCES" that nobody else seems to understand. If you are so done with this Yappi stuff, delete your posts and your account and be done. Thing is, you need the attention, otherwise you wouldn't have said anything. You are the only one on here asking why your son hasn't been utilized as much, so it seems you are that one. And 15 Harrison players asked your son why he wasn't on offense, who counted... you or your son? That must have been the longest post game handshake ever if 15 different Wildcats stopped to talk to your son after the game. Seems you both need to pat your own backs on how great he is. (Probably didn't happen).

Again, you are going make your son's life a hell by being on here doing what you are doing. It looks like from what I've seen online that he definitely has some skill; however I want you to know that if he is not recruited, YOU ARE THE REASON!! No college wants to deal with the circus family of a player, so they don't.

If you keep running your mouth and making this a selfish thing for your son, you will turn the successful season into a distraction for you, your son and the rest of the Panthers.

It doesn't matter what you say on here, you are making everything way worse, for everyone, especially your son!

Last edited by cincifbfan; 10-08-18 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-08-18, 01:47 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Easy there Pack, not downplaying or saying Lucas can't play. Just offering some perspective to the stats.

Taking your example, if he was at Edgewood on either of those teams he would be sharing the backfield with at least two other backs and getting about 700 yrds or less per season if he was back there at all. In fact, he would probably be doing what he's doing now, returning, DB, WR, and some RB.

Put him at Talawanda or somewhere else and the results would vary. I was simply pointing out the specific circumstances of that season had a lot to do with the statistical success.

I don't necessarily think you are "the problem" with HS sports. Just kinda weird having a parent touting past individual accomplishments of his son as justification for questioning a coaching decision. I was offering you some comparison data to bring you down to earth and "cool the jets " as they say. No malice intended.

We all doubt coaching decisions from time to time, some more vocally then others. That's never going to change. We see things from a different perspective and in games at times as a coach its easy to get tunnel vision in the moment. However, I think Mahone wants to win, so if Lucus at RB was giving him the best opportunity for that, I am sure he would take it.

Remember, the coaches see these guys for many hours in practice. We only see the games.
Old 10-08-18, 06:45 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Easy there Pack, not downplaying or saying Lucas can't play. Just offering some perspective to the stats.

Taking your example, if he was at Edgewood on either of those teams he would be sharing the backfield with at least two other backs and getting about 700 yrds or less per season if he was back there at all. In fact, he would probably be doing what he's doing now, returning, DB, WR, and some RB.

Put him at Talawanda or somewhere else and the results would vary. I was simply pointing out the specific circumstances of that season had a lot to do with the statistical success.

I don't necessarily think you are "the problem" with HS sports. Just kinda weird having a parent touting past individual accomplishments of his son as justification for questioning a coaching decision. I was offering you some comparison data to bring you down to earth and "cool the jets " as they say. No malice intended.

We all doubt coaching decisions from time to time, some more vocally then others. That's never going to change. We see things from a different perspective and in games at times as a coach its easy to get tunnel vision in the moment. However, I think Mahone wants to win, so if Lucus at RB was giving him the best opportunity for that, I am sure he would take it.

Remember, the coaches see these guys for many hours in practice. We only see the games.
Uh, I agree the coaches see these kids every day. The fact of the matter is Lucas Patton is one the fastest kids in this league. He has been injured a lot in his 3 year varsity time. The RB for Little Miami right now is really good,maybe the coaches decided to play Patton on defense and have him return kicks. Not a bad idea.