Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-18, 07:20 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Little Miami at Harrison

I just don't know what to expect in this game because of Little Miami's schedule to this point. The win over Mt Healthy was impressive but that's really all I know. They appear to be a little stronger running the ball but it looks like they can pass when they need to. As for us, we're much more battle tested and we've played a much higher level of competition. We're also really banged up on our lines so that could be an issue. Everyone knows what we do. We average 300 a game passing and have several receivers who can make big plays. We can also run the ball effectively but have struggled there at times. We're really tough to beat at home and Little Miami has never ever beaten Harrison. I'm hoping a fast start for the Wildcats could get the Panthers thinking "here we go again" or something to that effect. I just don't see them stopping us enough to win the game but I do think they'll score some points.

Harrison 42
Little Miami 28

Looking forward to a good and exciting game on Friday night!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-30-18, 07:35 PM
quacker835 quacker835 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 66
quacker835 is on a distinguished road
This is the game everyone in the swoc will be watching. For starters it should be a good game but really everyone wants to know if LM is real. Havenít seen LM play yet but have seen Harrison and to me itís all about their defense which is suspect. They always seem to keep the opponent in the game with inability to get off field on 3rd down and stopping the big play. Think harrison wins this but itís a tight one. H 31 LM 21
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-18, 08:19 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
This is the game everyone in the swoc will be watching. For starters it should be a good game but really everyone wants to know if LM is real. Havenít seen LM play yet but have seen Harrison and to me itís all about their defense which is suspect. They always seem to keep the opponent in the game with inability to get off field on 3rd down and stopping the big play. Think harrison wins this but itís a tight one. H 31 LM 21
Uh don't know how this game will turn out. Uh do know it is very hard to beat Harrison on their home field. Little Miami hasn't played anyone in the same stratosphere as Harrison. Harrison QB is the best in the league hands down.Harrison defense is small but really fast, haven't seen Little Miami this season but I do know they have a lot of speed coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-18, 08:29 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
I just don't know what to expect in this game because of Little Miami's schedule to this point. The win over Mt Healthy was impressive but that's really all I know. They appear to be a little stronger running the ball but it looks like they can pass when they need to. As for us, we're much more battle tested and we've played a much higher level of competition. We're also really banged up on our lines so that could be an issue. Everyone knows what we do. We average 300 a game passing and have several receivers who can make big plays. We can also run the ball effectively but have struggled there at times. We're really tough to beat at home and Little Miami has never ever beaten Harrison. I'm hoping a fast start for the Wildcats could get the Panthers thinking "here we go again" or something to that effect. I just don't see them stopping us enough to win the game but I do think they'll score some points.

Harrison 42
Little Miami 28

Looking forward to a good and exciting game on Friday night!
Uh best set of receivers I have seen in this league. Fette is a really good football player, probably the best receiver in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-18, 10:16 PM
1oldballcoach 1oldballcoach is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Posts: 66
1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Big test for the Panthers. Harrison has played a tougher schedule as we have racked up wins against teams with a combined record of 13 wins and 23 losses. The wins build confidence but I don't think they prepare us for a quality team. Anyways that is why you strap it up. Hoping for a Panther win on the road.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-01-18, 10:07 AM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Little Miami's best chance to win this game is to get off to a fast start. They've developed confidence with their 6-0 start to the season and if they get up early it could lead to a win for them. Your comment about LM's opponents 13-23 record made me wonder about Harrison's opponents combined records. So far it is 24-13 and we've only played one team with a losing record which was Talawanda. Alot of eyes will be on this game and if we're to have any chance of making the playoffs we have to win out. Harrison sits at number 12 right now in Region 8 so a win this week could potentially lift us into the top 8 or at least close to it. The SWOC is a better and deeper league this year than it's ever been. Looking forward to a great game on Friday!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-01-18, 02:58 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Little Miami fans, tell me who to watch for this Friday night. I'm aware of Patten from the last couple years but who might be flying under the radar a bit that I'd like to keep an eye out for?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-01-18, 03:07 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 706
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Little Miami fans, tell me who to watch for this Friday night. I'm aware of Patten from the last couple years but who might be flying under the radar a bit that I'd like to keep an eye out for?
I'd tell you to watch out for the Harrison players in stripes, but watching too closely causes stress and irritability. But you already know that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-01-18, 03:11 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 706
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Little Miami fans, tell me who to watch for this Friday night. I'm aware of Patten from the last couple years but who might be flying under the radar a bit that I'd like to keep an eye out for?
Seriously, check the SWOC stats. They've got a running back, a QB, and some defensive dudes to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-01-18, 03:28 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 609
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Saftey and kick returner #11 Cordell Oeder. RB #12 Trent Dawson. Qb Brody Reader. Wr's Andrew Hinds and Reis Stocksdale.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-01-18, 03:36 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I'd tell you to watch out for the Harrison players in stripes, but watching too closely causes stress and irritability. But you already know that.
Seriously? Are you inferring that the refs call games in Harrison's favor? Let's take a look at the numbers. In 3 home games, Harrison has had 14 penalties called on us and our opponents have also had 14 penalties called on them. In our 3 away games we've had 22 called on us and our opponents have had 14 called on them. Yep, looks like they really love us and they REALLY give us an advantage at home.....or maybe not. You do realize that you won that game, right? Why are you still complaining about it?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-01-18, 03:38 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Saftey and kick returner #11 Cordell Oeder. RB #12 Trent Dawson. Qb Brody Reader. Wr's Andrew Hinds and Reis Stocksdale.
Thanks! I like to ask a team's fan that question because they often know things that the numbers sometimes don't show. Why isn't Patten running the ball more? I know he had an injury issue a while back but since he's playing I'm surprised he isn't touching the ball more often.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-01-18, 03:47 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 706
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Seriously? Are you inferring that the refs call games in Harrison's favor? Let's take a look at the numbers. In 3 home games, Harrison has had 14 penalties called on us and our opponents have also had 14 penalties called on them. In our 3 away games we've had 22 called on us and our opponents have had 14 called on them. Yep, looks like they really love us and they REALLY give us an advantage at home.....or maybe not. You do realize that you won that game, right? Why are you still complaining about it?
Man, that's a lot of penalties. Look how many you would have if they called all of them.

Lighten up dude, it was a joke. Anxious to see what happens in this game. Should be a basketball score.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-18, 04:06 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I'd tell you to watch out for the Harrison players in stripes, but watching too closely causes stress and irritability. But you already know that.
Uh have seen it for years. Holding calls 15 yards away from the play.Pass interference on huge third down plays. Uh Little Miami will be 2 TDS behind before the game starts. Uh, Home cookn the worst in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-18, 04:46 PM
quacker835 quacker835 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 66
quacker835 is on a distinguished road
You Edgewood homers make me sick. Get over yourselves. Refs are bad every week in every game. Sometimes against you sometimes not. If it isnít the refs your whining about itís anout enrollment. If itís not enrollment itís facilities. Hell Iíve seen you guys about concessions before. Letís keep the banter to football and the young men that are playing it. You have a good team. Why ruin that by all this other non sense. Unbelievable
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-01-18, 05:41 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
You Edgewood homers make me sick. Get over yourselves. Refs are bad every week in every game. Sometimes against you sometimes not. If it isnít the refs your whining about itís anout enrollment. If itís not enrollment itís facilities. Hell Iíve seen you guys about concessions before. Letís keep the banter to football and the young men that are playing it. You have a good team. Why ruin that by all this other non sense. Unbelievable
Uh talk to me after the Little Miami Harrison game. Uh I have never said anything about enrollment and I don't think any Edgewood poster has said anything about enrollment. Refs are not bad every week, all 9 stupid penalties against Edgewood in the Ross game were all earned. Just saying every year at Harrison we get screwed. Uh you will soon find out.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-18, 05:58 PM
quacker835 quacker835 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 66
quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Ross already got smoked by Harrison and the refs were fine. The enrollment question is in reference to your non stop diarrhea of this D2 all star non sense. You made your point move on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-01-18, 06:00 PM
quacker835 quacker835 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 66
quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Sure you would know better but I don’t believe Harrison has beaten edgewood in at least 3 years so getting screwed seems to be a exaggeration
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-01-18, 06:04 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Ross already got smoked by Harrison and the refs were fine. The enrollment question is in reference to your non stop diarrhea of this D2 all star non sense. You made your point move on.
Uh Edgewood JR high teams, 7th and 8th grade just beat Winton Woods twice. Will they have a chance at the varsity level? Nah Woods will take in Cincy all-star teams beginning at the freshman level. Not that hard to figure out.Very reason Woods will never get in a D2 public league.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-01-18, 06:12 PM
quacker835 quacker835 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 66
quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Like banging your head against a wall. I throw my hands up
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-01-18, 06:16 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Like banging your head against a wall. I throw my hands up
Uh, banging your head against a wall has not worked out for you. UH brain damage.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-01-18, 07:11 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 706
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Pretty serious banter coming from two guys, one named Hoser the Quacker, ......but thatís none of my business.......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-01-18, 07:26 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 609
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
Thanks! I like to ask a team's fan that question because they often know things that the numbers sometimes don't show. Why isn't Patten running the ball more? I know he had an injury issue a while back but since he's playing I'm surprised he isn't touching the ball more often.
They are playing him on defense more this year and having him return kicks. He also plays some slot receiver and RB. They were trying not to use him too much as an every down back and use him on offense, defense and special teams. Dawson has been a solid back and the QB will run some as well.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-01-18, 11:34 PM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
You Edgewood homers make me sick. Get over yourselves. Refs are bad every week in every game. Sometimes against you sometimes not. If it isn’t the refs your whining about it’s anout enrollment. If it’s not enrollment it’s facilities. Hell I’ve seen you guys about concessions before. Let’s keep the banter to football and the young men that are playing it. You have a good team. Why ruin that by all this other non sense. Unbelievable
Yes, thank you. It's like these dudes think that SWOC refs actually live in Harrison or something. The penalty numbers I provided tell the story completely. Exactly even calls at home through three games. Edgewood is the only team that seems to think they get screwed playing at Harrison. But of course Edgewood never gets any calls at home Heck, even East Central fans don't complain about the officiating here. Never seen fans whine so much after winning a game.

I'd like to bury this nonsense once and for all and I thought the best way to do that is to present the actual FACTS. There have been four games where Edgewood has visited Harrison since the SWOC started in 2012. In those four games, Harrison has been called for 30 penalties for 304 yards while Edgewood has been called for 21 penalties for 198 yards. Yeah, I can see why you're SO tired of getting SO screwed when you come to Harrison. Nothing like a little truth and some facts to humble a whiner.

Now that the facts have been presented and we all got a good laugh (except you Edgewood guys), let's forget about Edgewood and get back to talking about Little Miami and Harrison.

Last edited by snowman33; 10-01-18 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-02-18, 08:19 AM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,493
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Will someone please explain to me what motivation exists for or what satisfaction is gained by 5 men with no affiliation to a school that would cause them to purposely cheat for that school?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-02-18, 08:59 AM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 609
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
It's Edgewood fans running their mouths again.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-02-18, 09:30 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 706
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
It's Edgewood fans running their mouths again.
Seriously? Hopefully you guys get treated better this week then we did. Its not the penalty count, its the lack of calls that affect the game. Critical holding that allows runners to get free, and that flopping kicker that gave Harrison a first down inside the red zone. These are undeniable if you what the film for a few minutes.

I don't buy into some great conspiracy. All officiating has declined dramatically. The crew we had at Harrison was drastically more incompetent than most.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-02-18, 10:06 AM
snowman33 snowman33 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-11
Posts: 112
snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Seriously? Hopefully you guys get treated better this week then we did. Its not the penalty count, its the lack of calls that affect the game. Critical holding that allows runners to get free, and that flopping kicker that gave Harrison a first down inside the red zone. These are undeniable if you what the film for a few minutes.

I don't buy into some great conspiracy. All officiating has declined dramatically. The crew we had at Harrison was drastically more incompetent than most.
Haha, yeah you've been treated so poorly in your visits to Harrison. Those numbers indicate a huge discrepancy....problem is that the discrepancy is HUGELY in favor of Edgewood. I get it though.....you really wanted much MORE of a discrepancy. You wanted even more calls in your favor. We all get it now.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-03-18, 10:19 PM
packerfanpt packerfanpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-05-18
Posts: 20
packerfanpt is on a distinguished road
quick question,

Noticed Harrison runs a bubble screen from both a 3 man wide and double wide on both sides. My question is this. I've noticed their o-linemen release from line of scrimmage to block for this play and many times are more than 3 yards downfield BEFORE QB releases pass. Is that not illegal men down field? Been told the rule is 3 yards in NCAA AND High School rules, not 5 yards. Also been told the refs rarely call it. Why is that? Big play in the Harrison playbook!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-04-18, 05:10 AM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,493
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanpt View Post
Noticed Harrison runs a bubble screen from both a 3 man wide and double wide on both sides. My question is this. I've noticed their o-linemen release from line of scrimmage to block for this play and many times are more than 3 yards downfield BEFORE QB releases pass. Is that not illegal men down field? Been told the rule is 3 yards in NCAA AND High School rules, not 5 yards. Also been told the refs rarely call it. Why is that? Big play in the Harrison playbook!
You were told wrong because executed as designed, it's not a foul on any level of football. It's the whole foundation for a screen pass.

Any ineligible lineman can legally block up to two yards (3yds whether blocking or not for NCAA) past the neutral zone if he contacts an opponent who was originally on the line of scrimmage and drives him back and the forward pass crosses the line of scrimmage.

Any ineligible lineman can legally block anywhere downfield provided the forward pass does not cross the neutral zone. Executed properly, the forward pass on a screen pass doesn't pass the neutral zone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vamps V2S power ratings for the SW District + Miami Valley 2-12-18 vamp2syd Boys Basketball 9 02-15-18 01:50 PM
Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association to Welcome Brown, Harrison and Juniewicz to HOF Yappi Football 0 02-01-18 02:30 PM
Vamps V2S power ratings for the SW District + Miami Valley vamp2syd Boys Basketball 3 12-18-17 03:58 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
2018 First Team All Southwest Team Announced Comet Dad Football 1 11-16-17 11:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz