Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 10-07-18, 07:02 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,319
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
The Bulldogs have beat Jackson 11 years in a row and Hoover 9 years in a row.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-07-18, 07:40 PM
Purple Hayes Purple Hayes is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-16-02
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 984
Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Yes in fact the game was held up for a moment while the ref's talk to the McKinley coach about and I think the player from Jackson. Nothing much came of it I guess.
Wrong, you are correct that their was a conference between the captains but don't jump to conclusion about the "rumor".
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-08-18, 07:39 AM
Caleb Caleb is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-31-05
Posts: 2,630
Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
Wrong, you are correct that their was a conference between the captains but don't jump to conclusion about the "rumor".
Then what was the conference about?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-08-18, 07:50 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,091
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Games between mostly white suburban vs. mostly black city are sensitive and can turn ugly real easy but rumors that nasty should not be spread without confirmation. Be cool.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-08-18, 10:29 AM
Purple Hayes Purple Hayes is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-16-02
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 984
Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Then what was the conference about?
Things were getting very Chippy in the trenches on both sides, so Reardon was prob being proactive. It doesn’t auto-default to said rumor.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-08-18, 11:12 AM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,974
MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Purple Hayes,

Please stop defending the indefensible. I have no doubt there was 'chippiness' on both sides but one of the Jackson players used the N-word in reference to a McKinley player. Period. Reardon did what he should in having his players' back and appropriate actions on the field were taken. That being said, how do you think the african-american players on your own team feel when their teammates are using these words?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-08-18, 12:07 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,319
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Purple Hayes,

Please stop defending the indefensible. I have no doubt there was 'chippiness' on both sides but one of the Jackson players used the N-word in reference to a McKinley player. Period. Reardon did what he should in having his players' back and appropriate actions on the field were taken. That being said, how do you think the african-american players on your own team feel when their teammates are using these words?

Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-08-18, 12:40 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
This is another reason why a lot of mck fans don’t want to be in that league and didn’t want to join in the first place. The racial stigma on a few of those communities has been there for a long long time.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-08-18, 01:39 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,319
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
This is another reason why a lot of mck fans donít want to be in that league and didnít want to join in the first place. The racial stigma on a few of those communities has been there for a long long time.
My cousin played for McKinley and said a school in the Fed called the McK players the N word during the game.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-08-18, 01:53 PM
Purple Hayes Purple Hayes is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-16-02
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 984
Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Purple Hayes,

Please stop defending the indefensible. I have no doubt there was 'chippiness' on both sides but one of the Jackson players used the N-word in reference to a McKinley player. Period. Reardon did what he should in having his players' back and appropriate actions on the field were taken. That being said, how do you think the african-american players on your own team feel when their teammates are using these words?
Again, were you on the sidelines or are you also just speculating? Your last sentence supports why this did not happen
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-08-18, 02:01 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,091
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
I know it's happened in the past and when I was in school but today??? I don't want to believe it.

If true someone needs suspended and I know their coach would agree and I hope is looking into it. In any case JHS would be well served to issue a statement. You can't leave this out there.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-08-18, 02:32 PM
dopamine dopamine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Posts: 309
dopamine is an unknown quantity at this point
I for one think that the racism in the suburbs is enough reason to get McKinley out of the Federal league and should have never been in it.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-08-18, 02:40 PM
perry1480 perry1480 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-01
Location: PTO via CFO
Posts: 5,860
perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
This is another reason why a lot of mck fans don’t want to be in that league and didn’t want to join in the first place. The racial stigma on a few of those communities has been there for a long long time.
Nothing hacks me off more than racial issues. I'm white and I'm going to be the first to acknowledge that seeing racial issues through white eyes won't solve any problems. Collaboration is paramount. White people need to see a world through non-whites lenses... until that happens, we'll hear stupid responses like, "they should just obey the law." The "system" has been created for whites to thrive... end of story.

BUT to say that racism isn't alive in EVERY community is a farce. Massillon and McKinley folks have white racists in their ranks... subtle and overt. We need to lament racism period, not racism in THAT OTHER COMMUNITY.

Don't play the hero because you have African-Americans on the roster. Call it out in your own relationships and your community.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-08-18, 02:51 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,091
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
No it's everywhere. Some worse than others. Also don't want to get political but... I'll just say I've seen an uptick in Confederate flags.

I'm in Ashtabula County no offense to anyone there but c'mon people that's ignorant as ****.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-08-18, 02:59 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 2,018
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Like that's the first time this ever happened

That just increases my respect for the McK kids that didn't lose their cool but let their play speak for them.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 10-08-18, 03:29 PM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 669
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Give me a break, like stated above its in EVERY community and goes both ways. To say its a FL thing and only from the upper class lilly white communities shows ignorance. McK is good for the FL and the FL is good for McK because of the racial difference. Unless someone on here heard it or a very credible source heard it its all heresay. BAM
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-08-18, 04:04 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,091
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Give YOU a break? Poor you. Now ain't the time for Green to chime in trust me. And nobody said "only".
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-08-18, 04:30 PM
AkronNative AkronNative is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-05
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 157
AkronNative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Paul David owns PBTS ? Thatís odd considering he passed away 16 years ago.

No life outside of Massillon football but here you are continuing to reply.

Massillon has 24 state titles in football, can your school match that ??
I think you may be confused based on my screen name. I was born in Akron and currently rrside in Akron but I went to high school at McKinley. So to answer your question. Yes my high school exceeds that as not only do we have the ones that were voted on paper. We also have won them on the field(yours to be exact) and also on the track and basketball courts. Hell I personally sat in YOUR stadium as little cousin and teammates hoisted the trophy while celebrating on Obie. Just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-08-18, 04:34 PM
AkronNative AkronNative is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-05
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 157
AkronNative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
Again, were you on the sidelines or are you also just speculating? Your last sentence supports why this did not happen
My nephew plays on the team and said that it definitely DID happen and in fact happened last year as well. Hence the reason they had the little conference at midfield. So its not a rumor at all but call it what you want.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-08-18, 05:37 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Nothing hacks me off more than racial issues. I'm white and I'm going to be the first to acknowledge that seeing racial issues through white eyes won't solve any problems. Collaboration is paramount. White people need to see a world through non-whites lenses... until that happens, we'll hear stupid responses like, "they should just obey the law." The "system" has been created for whites to thrive... end of story.

BUT to say that racism isn't alive in EVERY community is a farce. Massillon and McKinley folks have white racists in their ranks... subtle and overt. We need to lament racism period, not racism in THAT OTHER COMMUNITY.

Don't play the hero because you have African-Americans on the roster. Call it out in your own relationships and your community.
We are talking on the field or in the stands at a high school football game and specifically in the fed league. I am sure mck fans have many stories since they joined the league of racial problems.
I never once said it isnít everywhere but as I said this is about it happening at football games in the fed.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 10-08-18, 05:40 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Give me a break, like stated above its in EVERY community and goes both ways. To say its a FL thing and only from the upper class lilly white communities shows ignorance. McK is good for the FL and the FL is good for McK because of the racial difference. Unless someone on here heard it or a very credible source heard it its all heresay. BAM
To any mck fans will you give examples of when you have heard racial slurs at a fed league game since you have joined the league.
Too many heads in the sand including bass that just doesnít want to believe it has happened.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-08-18, 05:44 PM
NeoFB18 NeoFB18 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-08-18
Posts: 62
NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
This is a word said on fields all the time. Sometimes white kids, sometimes black kids. Its a word that should never be used. There is more garbage coming out of these kids mouths too. All of it should stop. Respect the game. Respect your teammates. Respect your opponents. Respect the community. Officials, throw a flag next time you hear the N-word or the F-word. That will get these kids attention far more than some old guys arguing about it on a message board.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-08-18, 05:46 PM
NeoFB18 NeoFB18 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-08-18
Posts: 62
NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
And coaches, make your kids run if you hear it. Doesn't matter the race, its always wrong. If it started costing you penalties, you better believe that coaches would punish their kids.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-08-18, 06:29 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,466
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Give YOU a break? Poor you. Now ain't the time for Green to chime in trust me. And nobody said "only".
Telling anyone their opinion isn't allowed or welcomed is reprehensible.

Who put you in charge?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-08-18, 06:39 PM
spyros1950 spyros1950 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-24-12
Posts: 190
spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
TigerPaw wrote, "I know it's happened in the past and when I was in school but today??? I don't want to believe it.

If true someone needs suspended and I know their coach would agree and I hope is looking into it. In any case JHS would be well served to issue a statement. You can't leave this out there."
----------------------------------

I agree with this post. This incident should not just end here, but there should be an appropriate closure. Some type of further action should be made to let the public know that this situation has been properly addressed. sam McK'68
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-08-18, 07:04 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,319
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Jackson is not the only school/team where the N word is used towards McK kids playing sports.

My cousin who played for McKinley told me this.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-08-18, 07:11 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,466
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Jackson is not the only school/team where the N word is used towards McK kids playing sports.

My cousin who played for McKinley told me this.
It's a shame that it happens anywhere. It shouldn't.

I can only hope that the adults in charge are dealing with it in an appropriate manner whenever it DOES happen.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-08-18, 07:24 PM
Wrestling245 Wrestling245 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-12
Posts: 965
Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronNative View Post
I think you may be confused based on my screen name. I was born in Akron and currently rrside in Akron but I went to high school at McKinley. So to answer your question. Yes my high school exceeds that as not only do we have the ones that were voted on paper. We also have won them on the field(yours to be exact) and also on the track and basketball courts. Hell I personally sat in YOUR stadium as little cousin and teammates hoisted the trophy while celebrating on Obie. Just saying.
Hahahah this is great. I love it!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-08-18, 07:27 PM
Wrestling245 Wrestling245 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-12
Posts: 965
Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFB18 View Post
This is a word said on fields all the time. Sometimes white kids, sometimes black kids. Its a word that should never be used. There is more garbage coming out of these kids mouths too. All of it should stop. Respect the game. Respect your teammates. Respect your opponents. Respect the community. Officials, throw a flag next time you hear the N-word or the F-word. That will get these kids attention far more than some old guys arguing about it on a message board.
The F word man? Cmon lol
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-08-18, 07:43 PM
NeoFB18 NeoFB18 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-08-18
Posts: 62
NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
The F word man? Cmon lol
Whatever man! Its attitudes like this that cause the problem. This is a school function. Its an emotional game but there needs to be limits. Draw the line and keep it there. It comes down to respect which win at all cost coaches don't have. Telling kids not to drop the F-Bomb should be easy. Telling kids not to say the N-word should be easy. Make the kids be respectful instead of confusing them. I know several coaches who would never let their kids drop the F-Bomb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04/10 - Area College Plyers of the Week - April 2-8 seclmw Baseball 0 04-10-18 03:11 PM
Region 11 Extreme Analysis teach1coach2 Football 36 10-27-17 07:43 AM
Call Yer Shot: McKinley vs Jackson my2sense Football 78 10-07-17 08:28 PM
How many games will Canton McKinley win this coming season??? IUDOGS Football 45 08-16-17 09:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz