Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-18, 08:25 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh thank you, but I need a whole more lot than that. Private schools cheat, simple fact. Uh reporter needs a fact check. Every private school should be moved up one division next season.
Hasn't pretty much every private that was in D2 through D4 moved up since the start of 2017 because of CB?
Old 09-23-18, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Something seems a little off balance in the GCL-S. Winton Woods could possibly win those ballgames but the Warriors have a lot of work to do to get better. The injury bug put a hurting on us but we have the best RB in the region, the best defensive lineman in the region, the best place kicker and kick returner.
Old 09-23-18, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh thank you, but I need a whole more lot than that. Private schools cheat, simple fact. Uh reporter needs a fact check. Every private school should be moved up one division next season.
Uh hoser, you gotta let it go man.
Old 09-23-18, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Something seems a little off balance in the GCL-S. Winton Woods could possibly win those ballgames but the Warriors have a lot of work to do to get better. The injury bug put a hurting on us but we have the best RB in the region, the best defensive lineman in the region, the best place kicker and kick returner.
And maybe the best offensive line too.
Old 09-24-18, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
IT should come down to La Salle and Winton Woods, however, both have a lot of business to take care of. After those two you have a solid group of Edgewood, Kings, Troy and Scioto. Then a bunch of boarder liners, Anderson, Chillicothe, Little Miami Westerville North and Turpin.
Old 09-24-18, 08:44 AM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh hoser, you gotta let it go man.

Rainman has gots to buy his drawers @ Kmart and watch Judge Wapner at 4:30.

Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-18, 03:06 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Something seems a little off balance in the GCL-S.
Not sure what you mean, but we'll know more about the league Friday night about 10 p.m.
Old 09-24-18, 03:12 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
UH you are right DMR, all those kids are really good. Are they the best in SW Ohio, is another question.There are many outstanding kids in this region.Winton Woods is loaded and has a real shot at the D2 state title along with Lasalle and obviously Hoban.
Old 09-24-18, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
And maybe the best offensive line too.
Uh watching Woods on film, I would agree with that statement.
Old 09-24-18, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter07 View Post
Not sure what you mean, but we'll know more about the league Friday night about 10 p.m.
Im thinking the conference as a whole may be way down. Friday will not clear it up.
Old 09-24-18, 06:11 PM
All World

reporter07
Yeah, but you say that every year.
Old 09-24-18, 07:02 PM
Freshman

GRAND SLAM is on a distinguished road
2016 1st round game # 6 edgewood goes up against #3 lasalle. Edgewood should of won the game but decides not to kick potential game winning 40 yard field goal with about 3 minutes to go with a kicker that is currently a D1 kicker. Lasalle goes on to win state. My point look at your coaching staff and add that to your equation when making predictions.
Old 09-24-18, 10:51 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
My personal region 8 rankings

1. La Salle
2. Winton Woods

3. Olentangy
4. Troy
5. Dublin Scioto
6. Edgewood
7. Kings
8. Anderson

I think Troy could be flipped with Scioto, it's tough with the Columbus teams because the number of common opponents, level of talent, teams, etc. is very different. I think the difference between 5-8 is fairly small, and more than likely La Salle vs. Winton Woods to decide this region again. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, as Olentangy only has an 11% chance of making the playoffs right now according to Pasteur's site (they also have the #1 SOS in DII).

Still a lot of big games to play out in the coming weeks:
W7 - Edgewood @ Winton Woods
W9 - Little Miami @ Edgewood

La Salle and Winton Woods vs. Moeller

Dublin Scioto can get a lot of points by winning vs. Hilliard Bradley and Darby
Old 09-29-18, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

Some teams took some losses that are hurting their playoff chances.

Anderson- Milford putting a running clock on them. Still has Turpin and West Clermont might give the Skins some trouble.

Dublin Scioto- Hillard Bradley put it on them 46-17 and still has Darby. 7-3 record should get them in.

LaSalle- loss a winnable game last night that would had put them 2nd in region. They still have 3 tough games. Elder, Trinity Catholic and St. X (will be playing with desperation). I think the Lancers finsh 6-4 maybe 5-5.

Winton Woods and Cillicothe had big wins.
Old 10-01-18, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

Looked at the region 8 standings and Little Miami is the only remaining unbeaten in the region. Wow. Troy and Kings seem to be really solid to me.
Old 10-02-18, 07:31 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
LaSalle- loss a winnable game last night that would had put them 2nd in region. They still have 3 tough games. Elder, Trinity Catholic and St. X (will be playing with desperation). I think the Lancers finsh 6-4 maybe 5-5.
Friday is big for La Salle. Have to win.
Old 10-02-18, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Friday is big for La Salle. Have to win.
Very true but the odd thing is there is not alot of points to gain by beating St. X. You want to win them all but not sure how many more games St. X will win. LaSalle's back is against the wall. I thought they were thoroughly outplayed by Moe but still had a chance to steal the win. LaSalle hurt themselves with their scheduling. The Lancers didnt schedule too hard but too soft. The team from Florida has no wins and is counted as D7.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 10-02-18 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-02-18, 09:19 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Very true but the odd thing is there is not alot of points to gain by beating St. X. You want to win them all but not sure how many more games St. X will win. LaSalle's back is against the wall.
I think a win over X and Trinity will be plenty to get in, with X being a DI school. I even think they have a shot at 6-4 to get the 8. Very bad luck for Kings if that's the case.

I guess we'll see how it lays out.

Quote:
LaSalle hurt themselves with their scheduling. The Lancers didnt schedule too hard but too soft. The team from Florida has no wins and is counted as D7.
Yes, this is an inexcusable schedule. Not only are points tough to come by, but the atmosphere at home with teams from 100s of miles away and no fans is dreadful.

I wish La Salle would start scheduling the big NKy schools like Ryle and Simon Kenton. DI points there and it would be very good experience for those team as well.

Quote:
I thought they were thoroughly outplayed by Moe but still had a chance to steal the win.
Moeller outplayed La Salle for a few minutes in the first half when they scored two straight TDs. The rest of the game was pretty even. That said, I think LS should have won Friday.
Old 10-02-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think a win over X and Trinity will be plenty to get in, with X being a DI school. I even think they have a shot at 6-4 to get the 8. Very bad luck for Kings if that's the case.
Wins over X and Trinity Catholic are big IFs. Trinity has a big time QB, I dont see LaSalle beating them.
Old 10-02-18, 09:37 AM
All World

reporter07
Hope you're wrong, DMR.
Old 10-02-18, 10:58 AM
All Region

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle isn't beating Trinity. Their best chance is this Friday at home vs X. X will be done with their league games and will have a chance to win vs the remains three teams. LaSalle is in trouble due to terrible scheduling and questionable coaching tactics in my opinion. Trinity and Lutheran are really tough teams but give you nothing in terms of points. The Canadian and Florida teams are a waste of time. 4 games that will get you nothing in terms of points. Trinity has lost to East St. Louis in 3 overtimes and to Colquitt County from Georgia ranked 8th in the country but they are only worth D7 points......stupid scheduling just terrible. I doubt LaSalle gets in even though they are the only team with a shot at the region 8 crown not named Winton Woods.
Old 10-02-18, 11:06 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
stupid scheduling just terrible.
Nice parting gift from KP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
I doubt LaSalle gets in even though they are the only team with a shot at the region 8 crown not named Winton Woods.
This would be extremely disappointing. I'd hate for the seniors LBs to go out that way.
Old 10-02-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Lets just give LaSalle the Florida win. The Lancers would need to win 2 of the 3 versus St. X, Trinity Catholic and Elder. Trinity Catholic, its fast defense and size in the trenches is a nightmare matchup for LaSalle. I think that the St. X and Elder games are winnable for LaSalle. St. X is a dangerous opponent this week.
Old 10-02-18, 11:27 AM
All World

reporter07
La Salle should be just as dangerous from X's perspective. Lancers need a win badly and they have that 42-7 mollywhopping from last year to avenge.
Old 10-02-18, 11:30 AM
All World

reporter07
How confident are you in Winton Woods getting in, DMR? Elder and Moeller are mighty tall tasks for your men. I'd imagine Edgewood and DeSales will present no trouble.
Old 10-02-18, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How confident are you in Winton Woods getting in, DMR? Elder and Moeller are mighty tall tasks for your men. I'd imagine Edgewood and DeSales will present no trouble.
I guess I'm pretty confident. I think we are on the good side of the bubble. I feel a lot more confident after handling Bishop Chatard. It kinda washed the bad taste from the Trotwood loss out my mouth. I think we should be competitive in all 4 games. At times Moe and Elder looked very beatable to me.
Old 10-02-18, 12:16 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
At times Moe and Elder looked very beatable to me.
I've only seen Moeller the one time, but I think the Crusaders' weakness is at QB. They have some nice runners, Watson in particular. The line is good, specifically at center. Nice defense too, which is a huge turnaround from a couple years ago.
Old 10-02-18, 12:19 PM
All Region

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Moeller is extremely beatable. #4 the MLB is having surgery on his knee. They are improved from years before but the QB should have had 3 picks that were dropped by Lasalle......one was a could be pick 6. The new coach has done a good job but Winton Woods will probably lay the smack down on them with Tank matched up vs Carpenter in the middle to stop the run.
Old 10-02-18, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

If you have a suspect QB, you aee going to have a hard time against Winton Woods. The QB needs to be both a good passer and good runner. I dont think Edgewood can pass enough but we'll see. The Warriors stop the run, thats what we do.
Old 10-02-18, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you have a suspect QB, you aee going to have a hard time against Winton Woods. The QB needs to be both a good passer and good runner. I dont think Edgewood can pass enough but we'll see. The Warriors stop the run, thats what we do.
How many tackles you got this year?