Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-13-18, 12:09 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 Fantasy Football Discussion

Use this thread to share news and ask/give advice.

I'll start it out.

Who would you start at TE for Week 2:

Watson (Saints vs Browns) or Eifert (Bengals vs Ravens)?

Who would you Flex out of this bunch:

Cooks (Rams vs Cardinals) or Agholor (Eagles @ Bucs) or Stills (Dolphins @ Jets)?

PPR for both questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-18, 12:23 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
Use this thread to share news and ask/give advice.

I'll start it out.

Who would you start at TE for Week 2:

Watson (Saints vs Browns) or Eifert (Bengals vs Ravens)?

Who would you Flex out of this bunch:

Cooks (Rams vs Cardinals) or Agholor (Eagles @ Bucs) or Stills (Dolphins @ Jets)?

PPR for both questions.
my rankings have Eifert at 12 and Watson at 13 so toss it up but i kind of like Eifert here more.

Agholor 17, Cooks 19, and Stills 25

I like Agholor in this as he will be a targeted machine until Jeffrey returns. Rams may be up big and Cooks may be a non-factor.
Old 09-13-18, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Fournette's injury is throwing my lineup for a loop. Currently have him down in the flex.
Old 09-13-18, 07:27 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Eifert/Watson is a coin flip. I'm a big Cooks fan as he helped me to a championship a couple years ago.

Traded Hunt and Sanders for Gurley this week.
Old 09-14-18, 10:51 AM
All World

I ended up sitting Eifert - didn't like the match-up.

I'm keeping close tabs on Fournette too for another league. I think he'll end up starting and have value as a Flex at minimum.

Gurley for Hunt/Sanders is a good trade if you're happy with your WR depth.

I typically rent D/ST weekly and am struggling to decide if I want to keep the Patriots or try and find a better fit for this week on waivers.
Old 09-14-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
I toyed with the idea of sitting Green because of the matchup. I'm glad I kept him in the lineup. I took my own advice I give to others. When in doubt, start your studs. You draft them high for a reason.

Wish I would have kept Dalton in the lineup.
Old 09-18-18, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I ended up sitting Eifert - didn't like the match-up.

I'm keeping close tabs on Fournette too for another league. I think he'll end up starting and have value as a Flex at minimum.

Gurley for Hunt/Sanders is a good trade if you're happy with your WR depth.

I typically rent D/ST weekly and am struggling to decide if I want to keep the Patriots or try and find a better fit for this week on waivers.
It really paid off this week. Gurley went nuts and I put Thompson in at the flex for Sanders.

I get Wentz back this week. I already have Russell Wilson, so I am going to have to start making some decisions. I think for now I wait another week to let Wentz settle in.
Old 09-18-18, 11:44 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It really paid off this week. Gurley went nuts and I put Thompson in at the flex for Sanders.

I get Wentz back this week. I already have Russell Wilson, so I am going to have to start making some decisions. I think for now I wait another week to let Wentz settle in.
What QB's are on waivers? Hopefully, Wentz gets back to the form he showed last season, but without Jeffery (who seems to be hurt all the time), does he have any reliable options besides Ertz?

Seattle looks sick and without Baldwin, Wilson doesn't have any really good weapons. You may want to explore waivers in case Wentz takes a bit to get up to speed.
Old 09-18-18, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
What QB's are on waivers? Hopefully, Wentz gets back to the form he showed last season, but without Jeffery (who seems to be hurt all the time), does he have any reliable options besides Ertz?

Seattle looks sick and without Baldwin, Wilson doesn't have any really good weapons. You may want to explore waivers in case Wentz takes a bit to get up to speed.
Waivers are thin at QB and I can live with those two until they're up to speed.
Old 09-19-18, 08:09 AM
All World

After striking out with my D/ST last week, I dropped the Pats for the Jets but am immediately reconsidering now.

The Bengals (@CAR), Panthers (CIN), and Cowboys (@SEA) seem to be my best available options.

Any leans?
Old 09-19-18, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
After striking out with my D/ST last week, I dropped the Pats for the Jets but am immediately reconsidering now.

The Bengals (@CAR), Panthers (CIN), and Cowboys (@SEA) seem to be my best available options.

Any leans?
Seattle's offense is pretty awful right now, so I would lean towards the Cowboys.
Old 09-19-18, 08:43 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Panthers hardly generated any pass rush against Atlanta. When Andy has time to throw, he's pretty good. Not sure I'd go with the Panthers. When Geno sits, Bengals defense generates no pass rush.
Old 09-25-18, 06:54 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Week 4: Roethlisberger (at home) vs Baltimore or Brady (at home) vs Miami? I'm actually leaning towards Roethlisberger with Brady's WR situation.
Old 09-25-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Week 4: Roethlisberger (at home) vs Baltimore or Brady (at home) vs Miami? I'm actually leaning towards Roethlisberger with Brady's WR situation.
Wow, that's tough one. Two good defenses. I went through the mental gymnastics of Wentz vs. Russell Wilson last week, opted for Wentz and they both scored the exact same number of points.
Old 09-25-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow, that's tough one. Two good defenses. I went through the mental gymnastics of Wentz vs. Russell Wilson last week, opted for Wentz and they both scored the exact same number of points.
Brady has Gronk, who the opposition has been double teaming and possibly Josh Gordon as his go to guys this week. He'll probably be pissed after getting embarrassed by Detroit.

On the flip side, Pittsburgh's defense is an abortion and, even against Flacco, I can see that being a high scoring game. Pittsburgh has a ton of weapons and even if Roethlisberger throws a couple of picks he's still probably going to have 300+ and 2-3 TD's.
Old 09-25-18, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

Flip a coin. They'll probably score similarly.
Old 09-28-18, 10:29 AM
All World

Benched Goff and Kupp last night (Kupp was a last minute Flex scratch for James White) while I faced off against Goff in another.

The only consolation was that I started Thielen and Cooks against Goff so I should still be competitive in that match-up with a decent QB showing.
Old 09-28-18, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Trying to decide between Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, JJSS, Calvin Ridley, and Mike Williams at WR/Flex; and Leonard Fournette, Lamar Miller, and Phillip Lindsay for RB/Flex.

Fournette hasn't played since week 1 and has been listed as questionable all week, and Lindsay has a pretty favorable match-up against KC's run defense. Miller against Indy is pretty much a lock for me.

WR would seem to be pretty simple, but Julio Jones hasn't done squat since Freeman went down and has been listed as questionable all week; Tyreek Hill historically hasn't done a whole lot against Denver and has just been OK the past two weeks (Mahomes' ability to spread the ball around is definitely hurting him); JuJu is outplaying Antonio Brown, but has been listed as questionable all week and it's Steelers/ Ravens; and Ridley has been a monster the past two games. Mike Williams seems to be Phillip Rivers' go-to redzone target and is playing SF, so he's a lock as well.

Right now, I have it set at:

Fournette
Miller
Ridley
Williams
Lindsay

It's a big, possibly stupid, move to bench Jones, Hill, and JJSS, but my gut is saying stick with it.

Last edited by Crusaders; 09-28-18 at 10:49 AM..
Old 09-28-18, 11:14 AM
All World

Facing a similar dilemma, Crusaders. I have Alex Collins and James Conner at RB. Odell and Michael Thomas at WR. Diggs (already played) and Calvin Ridley at the flex. On my bench is Allen Robinson, Royce Freeman, Kerryon Johnson, Mike Williams and Tyler Boyd. Poole has been abused by slot WRs so far this year and Boyd seems to have figured things out. KC doesn't have a great run defense but Lindsay seems to have a slight edge over Freeman. Allen Robinson hasn't done much yet this season.
Old 09-28-18, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

Good Lord, are you guys in 4 team leagues or playing with the mentally challenged? Those are some nice rosters.
Old 09-28-18, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Trying to decide between Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, JJSS, Calvin Ridley, and Mike Williams at WR/Flex; and Leonard Fournette, Lamar Miller, and Phillip Lindsay for RB/Flex.

Fournette hasn't played since week 1 and has been listed as questionable all week, and Lindsay has a pretty favorable match-up against KC's run defense. Miller against Indy is pretty much a lock for me.

WR would seem to be pretty simple, but Julio Jones hasn't done squat since Freeman went down and has been listed as questionable all week; Tyreek Hill historically hasn't done a whole lot against Denver and has just been OK the past two weeks (Mahomes' ability to spread the ball around is definitely hurting him); JuJu is outplaying Antonio Brown, but has been listed as questionable all week and it's Steelers/ Ravens; and Ridley has been a monster the past two games. Mike Williams seems to be Phillip Rivers' go-to redzone target and is playing SF, so he's a lock as well.

Right now, I have it set at:

Fournette
Miller
Ridley
Williams
Lindsay

It's a big, possibly stupid, move to bench Jones, Hill, and JJSS, but my gut is saying stick with it.
Pretty gutsy to ever sit Jones or Hill. The second you sit Jones, Matt Ryan's head finally emerges from his behind and he realizes he should take chances with Jones.

I don't have any issue with the order of those 5 guys.
Old 09-28-18, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Good Lord, are you guys in 4 team leagues or playing with the mentally challenged? Those are some nice rosters.
10 team league. My RBs are OK. WRs are good. But I'm stuck with Russell Wilson or Andy Dalton as my QB.
Old 09-30-18, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

Started Fournette lol

Lamar Miller is heading to the bench after this week. Good god.
Old 10-01-18, 07:39 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Started Fournette lol

Lamar Miller is heading to the bench after this week. Good god.
same boat for me. just can't trust Fournette to get through a game, even when is 100%.

i ended up starting alfred morris for Miller (because C Carson was a late inactive so he was my only option)

luckily i have Yeldon on my bench.
Old 10-01-18, 08:22 AM
All World

I also started Fournette. Luckily Kerryon and Sony have taken over as solid feature backs for their team. Might have to start both next week.
Old 10-01-18, 09:01 AM
All American

lasalle9802 is on a distinguished road
Need 15 from T. Hill tonight(1pt ppr). Played Julio, how do the Bengals let him catch that last pass of the game, it was a 5pt play...
Old 10-01-18, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

I have Kerryon and Michel too. My backs are Gurley, Drake, Chris Thompson, Michel, and Kerryon. Drake is headed to the bench! I hope Patricia wakes up and starts using Kerryon more.
Old 10-02-18, 11:16 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalle9802 View Post
Need 15 from T. Hill tonight(1pt ppr). Played Julio, how do the Bengals let him catch that last pass of the game, it was a 5pt play...
so 9 catches for 54 yds and a few carries for 2 yds...9 + 5.4 + .2= 14.6 pts...so did you really lose by .4?
Old 10-02-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
same boat for me. just can't trust Fournette to get through a game, even when is 100%.

i ended up starting alfred morris for Miller (because C Carson was a late inactive so he was my only option)

luckily i have Yeldon on my bench.
I'm hoping to snag Yeldon but I'm 9th in the order. If I can't get him I'll have to start Miller again unless Adrian Peterson miraculously recovers from a sprained ankle.
Old 10-03-18, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Gronk or ridley this week?

Kerryon johnson or derick henry?

jtk
()