Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Been there!!!... A Mini Massillon! And great atmosphere! Love Big Red in Death Valley!

You make good points... good points!
Death Valley....with a fire breathing horse

:>---

EGA
Old 10-11-18, 10:32 AM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
547 yards rushing last week for Panthers! - that has to be a Stark County record Buehler... Buehler??.... and NOBODY talked about this on the Thread! -
Massillonís all time record is 551 yds in 1960 against mck. Although im sure a team has had more then that.
Old 10-11-18, 12:49 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Massillon’s all time record is 551 yds in 1960 against mck. Although im sure a team has had more then that.
Holy Heck! - 551 rushing yards vs Pups

hmm.... Ts1960... hmmm
Old 10-11-18, 12:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Death Valley....with a fire breathing horse

:>---

EGA
Yes.... I seen Big Red.... couple times!

Too many times...
Old 10-11-18, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Deep and dangerous: McKinley wideouts key unbeaten start
Oct 11, 2018 12:29 PM
CANTON Just before practice on Tuesday, McKinley offensive coordinator Badre Bardawil bounded up the steps outside the locker room, spotted receivers Jalen Ross and Matthew Reardon and joked, "You're talking to the wrong guys."
Well, Khyree Woody doesn't say much.
"That's true," Bardawil said, laughing. "You're right. You're talking to the right guys."

While the soft-spoken Woody prefers to let his play do the talking, he's not the only receiver making noise for the unbeaten Bulldogs this year. McKinley is among the county leaders in passing yards thanks to a deep wideout group that also includes Ross, Reardon, Te'Von Hunter, Jasper Robinson and Daylin Daniels.
"When we're all healthy, we can all make plays," Reardon said. "We're all fast and quick and even without the ball, we all block well. That's something the coaches really emphasize with us."
Ross (6-2, 191) was arguably the most consistent receiver for McKinley through the first five weeks, catching 27 passes for 421 yards and two TDs before going down with an ankle injury. (He is expected to return this week against GlenOak.)
"He is a big, physical presence," Pups coach Dan Reardon said of Ross. "He runs well and he does a really good job on contested balls. He's a good basketball player, so some of that problem comes from his basketball background. It's like getting a rebound. He was a big-play guy for us early in the year."
In the Pups' first game without Ross, a Week 6 win over Lake, Woody caught eight passes for a school-record 207 yards and a touchdown. He followed it up with four catches for 156 yards and two touchdowns against Jackson, including a 67-yard catch-and-run just before halftime that gave McKinley the lead for good.
"Since he's (Ross) been hurt, Khyree has made about 17 highlight-reel plays," Dan Reardon said.
Woody is also such a dangerous kick returner that the Polar Bears spent the entire night kicking away from him, resulting in five possessions that started at the McKinley 37 or better.
"The purest way to see his impact is when people kick off to us," Dan Reardon said. "I think we've had maybe one or two deep kicks in the past four weeks. Ever since he took one back against Hoover (in Week 5) ó it got called back by a penalty ó it's been kick short this way, kick short that way or surprise onside.
"That shows you how afraid people are of him, I guess."
Matthew Reardon is third on the team with eight catches for 141 yards and a touchdown, with six of those catches for 64 yards coming against Jackson. Hunter (nine catches, 85 yards), Robinson (six catches, 50 yards) and Daniels (four catches, 47 yards) don't have gaudy statistics, but they have produced when they've gotten the chance.
"We have a lot of guys who can make a play if teams focus on any one guy," Dan Reardon said.
Of course, McKinley's passing offense starts with senior QB Alijah Curtis, who ranks fourth behind Sandy Valley's Cameron Blair (1,871), Louisville's Colton Jones (1,835) and Hoover's Connor Ashby (1,625) for the county passing lead. Curtis has completed 95 of 142 passes for 1,507 yards and 12 TDs.
"Alijah gets us all going," Ross said. "He's a great leader and he makes us work harder every day. He knows how to make all of us better. We've got good chemistry."
Add in the emergence of McKinley's running game over the last four weeks ó Lameir Garrett has 677 yards in that span ó and it's easy to see why the Pups rank third in the county in scoring behind Massillon and Sandy Valley.
"Everything is going well," Ross said. "We've just got to keep pushing."
Reach Joe at 330-580-8573 or
joe.scalzo@cantonrep.com
On Twitter: @jscalzoREP
Old 10-11-18, 05:00 PM
Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Massillonís all time record is 551 yds in 1960 against mck. Although im sure a team has had more then that.
Last year against Salem, Duce Johnson broke the individual record for 462 yards in a game. As a team the Aviators rushed for I believe 611 as a team. I know itís one of the top 20 rushing performances of all time in the state.
Old 10-11-18, 05:05 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Last year against Salem, Duce Johnson broke the individual record for 462 yards in a game. As a team the Aviators rushed for I believe 611 as a team. I know itís one of the top 20 rushing performances of all time in the state.
Incredible performance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-18, 06:39 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Great article BB. Woody is electric and to me is the most likely to succeed at the next level of anyone I've seen this year. With a couple more years of growth, training and nutrition, this kid will be something.
Old 10-11-18, 06:48 PM
All American

Which would be the greater upset - GO over McK or Green over Hoover?
Old 10-11-18, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
I know! I know! It's the wrong forum but an achievement like this deserves attention and this is pretty much the only place it will get noticed here on Yappi.

Tonight Jackson's girls volleyball team beat Lake to run their unbeaten streak in the Federal League to 98 matches.

They last lost a league match in 2010.

Any competitor should be able to appreciate this fete.

Old 10-11-18, 07:39 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Which would be the greater upset - GO over McK or Green over Hoover?
I am thinking Glenoak. They are really struggling. Green has at least scored 20 in 6 games. If and only if Hoover was to run into one of those turnover nights that happen from time to time they may win. I doubt either of these games produces an upset.
Old 10-11-18, 07:40 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I know! I know! It's the wrong forum but an achievement like this deserves attention and this is pretty much the only place it will get noticed here on Yappi.

Tonight Jackson's girls volleyball team beat Lake to run their unbeaten streak in the Federal League to 98 matches.

Damn 98 matches is crazy!
Old 10-11-18, 09:00 PM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Massillon beat Central in volleyball on Tuesday 25-16, 25-17 and 26-24.
Old 10-11-18, 09:14 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That's up there with the Mount Union football program's accomplishments!
Old 10-12-18, 05:07 AM
All American

Rep writers voted 7-0 that the following teams will win tonight:

Mck
Hoover
Perry
Jackson
Massillon
Louisville
Northwest
Alliance
Salem
Old 10-12-18, 07:24 AM
All World

Quote:

And I do.... Great Streak and Congratulations to Jackson gals volleyball
Old 10-12-18, 07:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Massillon beat Central in volleyball on Tuesday 25-16, 25-17 and 26-24.
darn it.....
Old 10-12-18, 07:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Deep and dangerous: McKinley wideouts key unbeaten start
Oct 11, 2018 12:29 PM
CANTON Just before practice on Tuesday, McKinley offensive coordinator Badre Bardawil bounded up the steps outside the locker room, spotted receivers Jalen Ross and Matthew Reardon and joked, "You're talking to the wrong guys."
Well, Khyree Woody doesn't say much.
"That's true," Bardawil said, laughing. "You're right. You're talking to the right guys."

While the soft-spoken Woody prefers to let his play do the talking, he's not the only receiver making noise for the unbeaten Bulldogs this year. McKinley is among the county leaders in passing yards thanks to a deep wideout group that also includes Ross, Reardon, Te'Von Hunter, Jasper Robinson and Daylin Daniels.
"When we're all healthy, we can all make plays," Reardon said. "We're all fast and quick and even without the ball, we all block well. That's something the coaches really emphasize with us."
Ross (6-2, 191) was arguably the most consistent receiver for McKinley through the first five weeks, catching 27 passes for 421 yards and two TDs before going down with an ankle injury. (He is expected to return this week against GlenOak.)
"He is a big, physical presence," Pups coach Dan Reardon said of Ross. "He runs well and he does a really good job on contested balls. He's a good basketball player, so some of that problem comes from his basketball background. It's like getting a rebound. He was a big-play guy for us early in the year."
In the Pups' first game without Ross, a Week 6 win over Lake, Woody caught eight passes for a school-record 207 yards and a touchdown. He followed it up with four catches for 156 yards and two touchdowns against Jackson, including a 67-yard catch-and-run just before halftime that gave McKinley the lead for good.
"Since he's (Ross) been hurt, Khyree has made about 17 highlight-reel plays," Dan Reardon said.
Woody is also such a dangerous kick returner that the Polar Bears spent the entire night kicking away from him, resulting in five possessions that started at the McKinley 37 or better.
"The purest way to see his impact is when people kick off to us," Dan Reardon said. "I think we've had maybe one or two deep kicks in the past four weeks. Ever since he took one back against Hoover (in Week 5) ó it got called back by a penalty ó it's been kick short this way, kick short that way or surprise onside.
"That shows you how afraid people are of him, I guess."
Matthew Reardon is third on the team with eight catches for 141 yards and a touchdown, with six of those catches for 64 yards coming against Jackson. Hunter (nine catches, 85 yards), Robinson (six catches, 50 yards) and Daniels (four catches, 47 yards) don't have gaudy statistics, but they have produced when they've gotten the chance.
"We have a lot of guys who can make a play if teams focus on any one guy," Dan Reardon said.
Of course, McKinley's passing offense starts with senior QB Alijah Curtis, who ranks fourth behind Sandy Valley's Cameron Blair (1,871), Louisville's Colton Jones (1,835) and Hoover's Connor Ashby (1,625) for the county passing lead. Curtis has completed 95 of 142 passes for 1,507 yards and 12 TDs.
"Alijah gets us all going," Ross said. "He's a great leader and he makes us work harder every day. He knows how to make all of us better. We've got good chemistry."
Add in the emergence of McKinley's running game over the last four weeks ó Lameir Garrett has 677 yards in that span ó and it's easy to see why the Pups rank third in the county in scoring behind Massillon and Sandy Valley.
"Everything is going well," Ross said. "We've just got to keep pushing."
Reach Joe at 330-580-8573 or
joe.scalzo@cantonrep.com
On Twitter: @jscalzoREP
You lost me at hello.....
Old 10-12-18, 08:19 AM
All World

Newsflash:

We do a lot of Banter on this thread and all good in my opinion.... but

Hats Off to Sandy Valley QB Cameron Blair who has thrown like 100 TD and setting school passing records every time he is on field - and he is only a Sophomore!

This kid has chance to be Big Time talent - Best of Luck!

Go Cardinals!
Old 10-12-18, 09:38 PM
All World

Massillon posters:

Please tell me that it was a misprint I just read on other site that Tigers scored 101 points!!!!! COME ON!

I hope that is not true to have happen to an out of state football team!!!!.... or any other high school football team!!! WTH!
Old 10-12-18, 09:42 PM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Massillon posters:

Please tell me that it was a misprint I just read on other site that Tigers scored 101 points!!!!! COME ON!

I hope that is not true to have happen to an out of state football team!!!!.... or any other high school football team!!! WTH!
Sun Valley literally stopped playing defense.
Old 10-12-18, 09:46 PM
All American

And you know Mass fans was cheering and chest thumping the entire way. Disgusting display for high school kids.
Old 10-12-18, 09:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
And you know Mass fans was cheering and chest thumping the entire way. Disgusting display for high school kids.
None of this would be necessary if Hoover or Perry would sign a contract to play football.

So in a way, it’s your fault
Old 10-12-18, 09:50 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
Sun Valley literally stopped playing defense.
That's a really good sign the other team called uncle. Try a running clock and 6 min quarters in the second half. The refs should've taken charge of this situation.
Old 10-12-18, 09:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
That's a really good sign the other team called uncle. Try a running clock and 6min quarters in the second half. The refs should've taken charge of this situation.
They did, Sun Valley refused. Massillon only option was play or forfeit themselves.
Old 10-12-18, 09:53 PM
All World

In a way I actually understand why Sun Valley would refuse. The game was way over at halftime, they could quit or use it as extended practice and not give a crap about the scoreboard.

Sun Valley did put together a decent drive in the 4th
Old 10-12-18, 09:54 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
None of this would be necessary if Hoover or Perry would sign a contract to play football.

So in a way, itís your fault
Stop that talking point. You know as well as I do there's schools in stark county that won't play Massillon just like there's schools in Ohio Massillon won't play. It goes both ways.
Old 10-12-18, 09:55 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Hope we beat McK 106-0...
Old 10-12-18, 09:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Stop that talking point. You know as well as I do there's schools in stark county that won't play Massillon just like there's schools in Ohio Massillon won't play. It goes both ways.
Ohio and Stark County are slightly different sizes.

Itís nt a talking point. There is not one school in Stark County Massillon wouldnít play if they put a signed contract on Massillonís desk. You canít say that for most of the Other Stark schools
Old 10-12-18, 09:57 PM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Hope we beat McK 106-0...
ha ha! I'm sure you do, but that ain't happening!
Closed Thread