Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-19-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
Buchtel will be a tough out. Lots of speed (but a lack of discipline) Not a knock just going on previous seasons. Midview-Lorain game could go either way IMO. Home field could be the difference. Most other games definitely have a favorite.
I hope you're right about Midview. That would be a nice win for them, and the league.
Old 08-19-18, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

Mr. Red Raider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Here we go! The only week of non-league play in the SWC (unfortunately) brings the only chance at outside Harbin's to help SWC teams in playoff positioning, so it's important to get as many wins as possible. As a note, Berea-Midpark is D1 and competes in R1. All other SWC schools are D2 and in R6. Winners in bold.

Amherst at Clearview (D4) -- Amherst is too big and strong for the Clippers, but Clearview may not lose another game, so this is an important game for Amherst for playoff points

Akron Buchtel (D4) at Avon (Thursday) -- Not the bigtime opener Avon was looking for, but Buchtel is a program that will give Avon all it wants and the Griffins should win six or seven games to help the Eagles with playoff points

Avon Lake at Elyria (D1) -- The Shoremen will win this game, but it will be a close win if history repeats itself. Avon Lake typically starts the season slow and builds up steam along the way

Berea-Midpark (D1) at Strongsville (D1) -- This would be a very solid win for B-M if they can play enough defense to win a shootout. I feel like the home team will win a tight one

Garfield Hts (D2) at Lakewood -- Nice to read the numbers are up at Lakewood, but the number of wins this season will still be zero for the Rangers

Lorain (D1) at Midview -- The Middies have won this game repeatedly over some very talented Lorain teams, but I think the Titans get it done this time

Valley Forge (D2) at North Olmsted -- The Eagles, led by the talented Darren Anders, will outrun the Patriots to get the season off to a good start

North Ridgeville at North Royalton (D2) -- These two have squared off in some entertaining games over the years, but I think the Bears win fairly handily this time

Brecksville (D2) at Olmsted Falls -- The Bees have talent, but Falls has more and should pull away from Brecksville for a comfortable win

Westlake at Eastlake North (D2) -- The Demons are in for a tough season again

Looks like a 5-5 start for the SWC with no earth-shattering wins.
Clearview's a good team, but Amherst should roll easily like they did last season.

Buchtel's one of the best teams in Akron, but I think that Avon should roll easily in this one.

Like last year, Elyria will make it close, but Avon Lake should prevail in the end.

This was a high-scoring affair last season, and both offenses do have firepower, but I believe that Berea-Midpark will win in another high-scoring contest.

Garfield Heights will win easily over Lakewood.

This game will be a high-scoring contest, but I think that Midview will end up pulling the game out in the late stages.

I think that Valley Forge will keep it close for at least a half, but North Olmsted will pull away.

North Royalton should beat North Ridgeville.

This game should be very competitive, but Olmsted Falls does in fact have the talent edge, and should beat Brecksville. Game will be a lot closer than the score will indicate.

Eastlake North is coming off their first-ever playoff appearance, and will cruise over Westlake.
Old 08-19-18, 01:01 PM
All Ohio

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak1980 View Post
Bkmk1 how does McDowell look this year? Just curious because we scrimmaged them back in the 90’s and were always a solid program.
They have been an average team the last few years. They are starting a new QB that they really like. Bigger kid with good arm. I think he is only a sophomore. Their starting senior QB transferred to Erie Prep. Run more of a spread type offense and like to throw it. Good coaching staff. They, like most teams should get better as the year goes.
Old 08-19-18, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
They have been an average team the last few years. They are starting a new QB that they really like. Bigger kid with good arm. I think he is only a sophomore. Their starting senior QB transferred to Erie Prep. Run more of a spread type offense and like to throw it. Good coaching staff. They, like most teams should get better as the year goes.
I could be mistaken, but when I was living in Erie Twp about 8 years ago, McDowell was a triple option or Wing T offense. They were typically very competitive. Unless Iím thinking of a different public outside of Erie?
Old 08-19-18, 01:08 PM
Junior Varsity

pgf1582 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope you're right about Midview. That would be a nice win for them, and the league.
The Midview/Lorain game is always an interesting game to watch. Lorain has to do things a little different than an Avon or a Midview in the offseason to get maximum participation and I think that is why most years Midview comes out on top in week 1. Midview is more polished in week 1 and the result would probably be different if this was week 8,9,10. Lorain has not beaten Midview since 2011, even beat Lorain during their magical 2016 season.
Old 08-19-18, 04:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I could be mistaken, but when I was living in Erie Twp about 8 years ago, McDowell was a triple option or Wing T offense. They were typically very competitive. Unless Iím thinking of a different public outside of Erie?
They used to be. But you are going back quite a ways when they ran that offense.
Old 08-19-18, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

Olmsted Falls Man
Does anyone know who won the SWC in the lower levels last year? JV, Freshman, 8th, 7th.
Old 08-20-18, 05:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmsted Falls Man View Post
Does anyone know who won the SWC in the lower levels last year? JV, Freshman, 8th, 7th.
Avon won the JV SWC. I donít know who won the lower levels, though.
Old 08-20-18, 08:52 AM
All Ohio

Olmsted Falls Man
That sounds right. What a great program Avon has become under Elder. I think it will be awhile before someone knocks them off again in conference play.
Old 08-22-18, 12:29 PM
All District

MitchVigil is on a distinguished road
Lakewood Preview

Here's a link to the Lakewood Observer preview for the 2018 Rangers.

http://lakewoodobserver.com/read/201...for-new-season
Old 08-27-18, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Here we go! The only week of non-league play in the SWC (unfortunately) brings the only chance at outside Harbin's to help SWC teams in playoff positioning, so it's important to get as many wins as possible. As a note, Berea-Midpark is D1 and competes in R1. All other SWC schools are D2 and in R6. Winners in bold.

Amherst at Clearview (D4) -- Amherst is too big and strong for the Clippers, but Clearview may not lose another game, so this is an important game for Amherst for playoff points

Akron Buchtel (D4) at Avon (Thursday) -- Not the bigtime opener Avon was looking for, but Buchtel is a program that will give Avon all it wants and the Griffins should win six or seven games to help the Eagles with playoff points

Avon Lake at Elyria (D1) -- The Shoremen will win this game, but it will be a close win if history repeats itself. Avon Lake typically starts the season slow and builds up steam along the way

Berea-Midpark (D1) at Strongsville (D1) -- This would be a very solid win for B-M if they can play enough defense to win a shootout. I feel like the home team will win a tight one

Garfield Hts (D2) at Lakewood -- Nice to read the numbers are up at Lakewood, but the number of wins this season will still be zero for the Rangers

Lorain (D1) at Midview -- The Middies have won this game repeatedly over some very talented Lorain teams, but I think the Titans get it done this time

Valley Forge (D2) at North Olmsted -- The Eagles, led by the talented Darren Anders, will outrun the Patriots to get the season off to a good start

North Ridgeville at North Royalton (D2) -- These two have squared off in some entertaining games over the years, but I think the Bears win fairly handily this time

Brecksville (D2) at Olmsted Falls -- The Bees have talent, but Falls has more and should pull away from Brecksville for a comfortable win

Westlake at Eastlake North (D2) -- The Demons are in for a tough season again

Looks like a 5-5 start for the SWC with no earth-shattering wins.
Week 1 went as expected, except that Avon Lake buried Elyria early and often, which is a good sign for the Shoremen. Elyria won't win many games, but the Shoremen sometimes start slow, however this time they jumped out and buried the Pioneers. Also, Avon needs some of the new WR's to step up, or there could be some SWC losses this season.

Week 2. SWC play, already! Winners in bold.

Lakewood (0-1) at Amherst (1-0) -- Comets RB Khennedy Scagliozzo might rush for 300 yards in this one.

Olmsted Falls (1-0) at Avon (1-0) -- No love lost here. These teams would relish tagging the other with a huge early loss and maybe the driver's seat to a SWC title for the winner. Falls looked great against Brecksville, while Avon was sloppy against Akron Buchtel. I think the Eagles were looking ahead a week and will bring their A game for this one.

North Olmsted (1-0) at Avon Lake (1-0) -- Huge game with league and playoff implications. Two great RB's...Riggs (AL) and Anders (NO). This one could go either way, but I believe the Shoremen have the more well-rounded team.

Westlake (0-1) at Berea-Midpark (1-0) -- I hope that scoreboard at Finnie Stadium can light up triple digits on the home team number, because the Titans should score at will.

Midview (0-1) at North Ridgeville (0-1) -- Two old rivals looking to pick up the first W of 2018. The Middies simply ran into a Lorain team with too many playmakers. NR will not present the same challenge.
Old 08-29-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

As for the spread of the games?

Avon by a TD. It will be a battle.

AL over NO by 3. Could even be an OT game.

The others will be won by a substantial margin, with running clock potential in a couple of them.
Old 09-02-18, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Week 1 went as expected, except that Avon Lake buried Elyria early and often, which is a good sign for the Shoremen. Elyria won't win many games, but the Shoremen sometimes start slow, however this time they jumped out and buried the Pioneers. Also, Avon needs some of the new WR's to step up, or there could be some SWC losses this season.

Week 2. SWC play, already! Winners in bold.

Lakewood (0-1) at Amherst (1-0) -- Comets RB Khennedy Scagliozzo might rush for 300 yards in this one.

Olmsted Falls (1-0) at Avon (1-0) -- No love lost here. These teams would relish tagging the other with a huge early loss and maybe the driver's seat to a SWC title for the winner. Falls looked great against Brecksville, while Avon was sloppy against Akron Buchtel. I think the Eagles were looking ahead a week and will bring their A game for this one.

North Olmsted (1-0) at Avon Lake (1-0) -- Huge game with league and playoff implications. Two great RB's...Riggs (AL) and Anders (NO). This one could go either way, but I believe the Shoremen have the more well-rounded team.

Westlake (0-1) at Berea-Midpark (1-0) -- I hope that scoreboard at Finnie Stadium can light up triple digits on the home team number, because the Titans should score at will.

Midview (0-1) at North Ridgeville (0-1) -- Two old rivals looking to pick up the first W of 2018. The Middies simply ran into a Lorain team with too many playmakers. NR will not present the same challenge.
Week 3 overall and Week 2 of SWC play. Both Avon and Avon Lake won far easier than expected, setting up a huge game at Avon Lake on Friday. North Ridgeville and Westlake both showed promising signs, with the Rangers even getting the win over rival Midview...who drops to 0-2 and desperately needs a win against a North Olmsted team in a similar position. Amherst is flying under the radar waiting for their crack at the expected SWC favorites. Lakewood is still searching.

Winners in bold.

Amherst (2-0/1-0) at North Ridgeville (1-1/1-0) -- This might just be an interesting game between two teams hungry for a playoff trip. Amherst should get it done, but it should be close for most of the game.

Avon (2-0/1-0) at Avon Lake (2-0/1-0) -- Both of these rivals coming off very impressive wins. AL has a more diverse offense than Falls, and that will give Avon's D more to think about. Both teams have running games that can keep the other team's offense on the sidelines. The Eagles pull away in the second half, but this should be a competitive game between two solid teams.

Lakewood (0-2/0-1) at Berea-Midpark (1-1/1-0) -- Well, Lakewood might get on the scoreboard this year, but the Titans will score early and often.

Midview (0-2/0-1) at North Olmsted (1-1/0-1) -- Both teams coming off disappointing losses. Pretty much a playoff elimination game at this point. As much as I want to pick the Eagles, I have a hard time seeing Midview dropping to 0-3.

Westlake (0-2/0-1) at Olmsted Falls (1-1/0-1) -- I underestimated the Demons. They can score. Not enough to beat the Bulldogs, but this should be a fun game for the fans with a lot of points.
Old 09-02-18, 02:09 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I like the picks, except I'd go Ridgeville over Steele.
Old 09-02-18, 09:51 PM
All Region

Bluestreak1980 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I like the picks, except I'd go Ridgeville over Steele.
Iím still not sold on Ridgeville yet. Scagliozzo may light them up. I like Steele in this one.
Old 09-03-18, 06:05 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak1980 View Post
Iím still not sold on Ridgeville yet. Scagliozzo may light them up. I like Steele in this one.
Taking that a step further, I think Amherst wins by 20+. Word on the streets (or at least at Hot Dog Heaven on Saturday) is that they are far from a one man show.
Old 09-03-18, 06:24 AM
All American

Myron is on a distinguished road
North > Midview, otherwise I’m on board with these picks
Old 09-08-18, 07:28 AM
All American

Myron is on a distinguished road
Shaping up as a Five-team race: Avon, Avon Lake, Amherst, Berea-Midpark, and Falls. Ultimately, Berea’s defense still will prove to prevent them from hoisting the trophy, but it’s improved enough that their offense could win some shootouts this year that they’d have lost last season. It’s also interesting that other than the Avon-Falls game in week two, and last nights Avon-AL matchup, none of these five teams will play until the last six weeks of the season.

North, Midview, and Ridgeville all appear average, and a loss by the top five to any of these three could knock them out of the race.

Westlake is awful (at half, Falls had averaged around 25 yards per play offensively—that’s not a typo) as is Lakewood.

Should make for one of the best races in league history—will Be fun to watch
Old 09-08-18, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron View Post
Shaping up as a Five-team race: Avon, Avon Lake, Amherst, Berea-Midpark, and Falls. Ultimately, Bereaís defense still will prove to prevent them from hoisting the trophy, but itís improved enough that their offense could win some shootouts this year that theyíd have lost last season. Itís also interesting that other than the Avon-Falls game in week two, and last nights Avon-AL matchup, none of these five teams will play until the last six weeks of the season.

North, Midview, and Ridgeville all appear average, and a loss by the top five to any of these three could knock them out of the race.

Westlake is awful (at half, Falls had averaged around 25 yards per play offensivelyóthatís not a typo) as is Lakewood.

Should make for one of the best races in league historyówill Be fun to watch
The SWC definitely got interesting last night. Iíll do the recap/preview at some point on Sunday.
Old 09-10-18, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Week 3 overall and Week 2 of SWC play. Both Avon and Avon Lake won far easier than expected, setting up a huge game at Avon Lake on Friday. North Ridgeville and Westlake both showed promising signs, with the Rangers even getting the win over rival Midview...who drops to 0-2 and desperately needs a win against a North Olmsted team in a similar position. Amherst is flying under the radar waiting for their crack at the expected SWC favorites. Lakewood is still searching.

Winners in bold.

Amherst (2-0/1-0) at North Ridgeville (1-1/1-0) -- This might just be an interesting game between two teams hungry for a playoff trip. Amherst should get it done, but it should be close for most of the game.

Avon (2-0/1-0) at Avon Lake (2-0/1-0) -- Both of these rivals coming off very impressive wins. AL has a more diverse offense than Falls, and that will give Avon's D more to think about. Both teams have running games that can keep the other team's offense on the sidelines. The Eagles pull away in the second half, but this should be a competitive game between two solid teams.

Lakewood (0-2/0-1) at Berea-Midpark (1-1/1-0) -- Well, Lakewood might get on the scoreboard this year, but the Titans will score early and often.

Midview (0-2/0-1) at North Olmsted (1-1/0-1) -- Both teams coming off disappointing losses. Pretty much a playoff elimination game at this point. As much as I want to pick the Eagles, I have a hard time seeing Midview dropping to 0-3.

Westlake (0-2/0-1) at Olmsted Falls (1-1/0-1) -- I underestimated the Demons. They can score. Not enough to beat the Bulldogs, but this should be a fun game for the fans with a lot of points.
Avon Lake's exciting win over Avon shook up the SWC and sets up a lot of interesting league games down the stretch, as teams now hunt down the Shoremen.

Winners in bold.

Midview (0-3/0-2) at Amherst (3-0/2-0) -- The Comets keep rolling and move to 4-0 with a victory over their longtime rival, while Midview drops to a surprising 0-4.

North Olmsted (2-1/1-1) at Avon (2-1/1-1) -- Darren Anders at RB gives North Olmsted a shot against an Avon team that has to regroup and re-adjust after a loss to rival Avon Lake.

Avon Lake (3-0/2-0) at Westlake (0-3/0-2) -- Speaking of the Shoremen, their big win over Avon puts the target on their back for the rest of the season. That won't matter this week, however.

North Ridgeville (1-2/1-1) at Berea-Midpark (2-1/2-0) -- The Rangers have been pretty much competitive and won't roll over for the Titans, but I expect B-M to pull away for a healthy win.

Olmsted Falls (2-1/1-1) at Lakewood (0-3/0-2) -- Falls gets a breather.
Old 09-10-18, 11:04 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Interesting week of football. Gotta take my hat off to Berea Midpark on Friday. They did everything they could to not rub it in on the Rangers. Lots of guys played and they just did what they do without getting carried away. I know Lakewood had a pretty talented Linebacker returning this year that would have helped the transition. Haven't noticed him on the field yet this year.
Old 09-10-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S. Furgeson View Post
Interesting week of football. Gotta take my hat off to Berea Midpark on Friday. They did everything they could to not rub it in on the Rangers. Lots of guys played and they just did what they do without getting carried away. I know Lakewood had a pretty talented Linebacker returning this year that would have helped the transition. Haven't noticed him on the field yet this year.
I see B-M as capable of beating any team in the SWC, so they very much have a shot at running the table.
Old 09-18-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Avon Lake's exciting win over Avon shook up the SWC and sets up a lot of interesting league games down the stretch, as teams now hunt down the Shoremen.

Winners in bold.

Midview (0-3/0-2) at Amherst (3-0/2-0) -- The Comets keep rolling and move to 4-0 with a victory over their longtime rival, while Midview drops to a surprising 0-4.

North Olmsted (2-1/1-1) at Avon (2-1/1-1) -- Darren Anders at RB gives North Olmsted a shot against an Avon team that has to regroup and re-adjust after a loss to rival Avon Lake.

Avon Lake (3-0/2-0) at Westlake (0-3/0-2) -- Speaking of the Shoremen, their big win over Avon puts the target on their back for the rest of the season. That won't matter this week, however.

North Ridgeville (1-2/1-1) at Berea-Midpark (2-1/2-0) -- The Rangers have been pretty much competitive and won't roll over for the Titans, but I expect B-M to pull away for a healthy win.

Olmsted Falls (2-1/1-1) at Lakewood (0-3/0-2) -- Falls gets a breather.
Not much to say about Week 4. No big surprises. On to Week 5!

Winners in bold.

Berea-Midpark (3-1/3-0) at Amherst (4-0/3-0) -- This is a very tough game to pick. The Comets are playing with great confidence and are rounding into a complete team. Just a gut feeling, but I think B-M's offense will prove too much too handle for the Comets D.

Avon (3-1/2-1) at Midview (0-4/0-3) -- This has been the game that's decided the SWC and WSC championship the past several seasons, but this time it's all Eagles.

Lakewood (0-4/0-3) at Avon Lake (4-0/3-0) -- This is a tale of two opposite teams, and the first place Shoremen will crush the last place Rangers.

Olmsted Falls (3-1/2-1) at North Ridgeville (1-3/1-2) -- This could be a close game for a while, but The Bulldogs should pull away from the Rangers in the second half.

North Olmsted (2-2/1-2) at Westlake (0-4/0-3) -- The Demons can score, but the Eagles are trying to remain in the playoff hunt and win a tight game.
Old 09-23-18, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not much to say about Week 4. No big surprises. On to Week 5!

Winners in bold.

Berea-Midpark (3-1/3-0) at Amherst (4-0/3-0) -- This is a very tough game to pick. The Comets are playing with great confidence and are rounding into a complete team. Just a gut feeling, but I think B-M's offense will prove too much too handle for the Comets D.

Avon (3-1/2-1) at Midview (0-4/0-3) -- This has been the game that's decided the SWC and WSC championship the past several seasons, but this time it's all Eagles.

Lakewood (0-4/0-3) at Avon Lake (4-0/3-0) -- This is a tale of two opposite teams, and the first place Shoremen will crush the last place Rangers.

Olmsted Falls (3-1/2-1) at North Ridgeville (1-3/1-2) -- This could be a close game for a while, but The Bulldogs should pull away from the Rangers in the second half.

North Olmsted (2-2/1-2) at Westlake (0-4/0-3) -- The Demons can score, but the Eagles are trying to remain in the playoff hunt and win a tight game.
The Westlake Demons picked up their first win of the season, and the Amherst Comets took another step toward a dream season by outlasting Berea-Midpark in a thrilling shoot-out.

Week 6 is already upon us.

Winners in bold.

Amherst (5-0/4-0) at Olmsted Falls (4-1/3-1) -- The Comets have become an offensive juggernaut with a powerful running game and a good enough passing attack. That's too much for the Bulldogs, though this should be a close game.

Westlake (1-4/1-3) at Avon (4-1/3-1) -- Mike Elder's Eagles should get a fairly easy win over his good friend Jason Hall's Demons.

North Ridgeville (1-4/1-3) at Avon Lake (5-0/4-0) -- The Rangers will hang around, but the Shoremen will pull away for a strong win.

Lakewood (0-5/0-4) at North Olmsted (2-3/1-3) -- Could this be Homecoming for the Eagles? If so, they will celebrate it with a romp over the Rangers.

Berea-Midpark (3-2/3-1) at Midview (0-5/0-4) -- The Middies showed some signs of life against Avon, and in a few other games, but the Titans will bounce back from that crazy game against Amherst.
Old 09-23-18, 03:11 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I'll take all except put Olmsted Falls over Marion L. Steele
Old 09-25-18, 04:49 PM
All Ohio

Is there any chance that Midview gives Berea a good game? Why is Midview 0-5? They can't be that bad, or are they. Are they injured, giving up a lot of turnovers. etc.. Why aren't they winning some games? It looks like they have a pretty good Qb. I'm kind of baffled by the 0-5 start. I assume not many predicted that. So: Can they give Berea a good game or will they get hammered? Thoughts??
Old 09-25-18, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Is there any chance that Midview gives Berea a good game? Why is Midview 0-5? They can't be that bad, or are they. Are they injured, giving up a lot of turnovers. etc.. Why aren't they winning some games? It looks like they have a pretty good Qb. I'm kind of baffled by the 0-5 start. I assume not many predicted that. So: Can they give Berea a good game or will they get hammered? Thoughts??
They moved the ball on Avon, so they may score some on B-Mís D, but theyíre going to give up a ton of points to the Titans offense. I believe their classes are smaller and they are in a bit of a talent drought. A few years ago the Avon view was that Avon Lake and Amherst had a lot of talent in the junior high level and Midview did not. Seems to be playing out years later at the varsity level.

Go see Amherst vs Olmsted Falls. They have a long history of interesting games.
Old 09-25-18, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
They moved the ball on Avon, so they may score some on B-Mís D, but theyíre going to give up a ton of points to the Titans offense. I believe their classes are smaller and they are in a bit of a talent drought. A few years ago the Avon view was that Avon Lake and Amherst had a lot of talent in the junior high level and Midview did not. Seems to be playing out years later at the varsity level.

Go see Amherst vs Olmsted Falls. They have a long history of interesting games.
That is a big game for sure. And if Amherst wins, that sets up Amherst 6-0 vs Avon Lake 6-0. I was fortunate enough to pick the Berea at Amherst game last week. That was awesome. Buzcynski is unreal.
Old 10-01-18, 06:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Westlake Demons picked up their first win of the season, and the Amherst Comets took another step toward a dream season by outlasting Berea-Midpark in a thrilling shoot-out.

Week 6 is already upon us.

Winners in bold.

Amherst (5-0/4-0) at Olmsted Falls (4-1/3-1) -- The Comets have become an offensive juggernaut with a powerful running game and a good enough passing attack. That's too much for the Bulldogs, though this should be a close game.

Westlake (1-4/1-3) at Avon (4-1/3-1) -- Mike Elder's Eagles should get a fairly easy win over his good friend Jason Hall's Demons.

North Ridgeville (1-4/1-3) at Avon Lake (5-0/4-0) -- The Rangers will hang around, but the Shoremen will pull away for a strong win.

Lakewood (0-5/0-4) at North Olmsted (2-3/1-3) -- Could this be Homecoming for the Eagles? If so, they will celebrate it with a romp over the Rangers.

Berea-Midpark (3-2/3-1) at Midview (0-5/0-4) -- The Middies showed some signs of life against Avon, and in a few other games, but the Titans will bounce back from that crazy game against Amherst.
Week 6 had some interesting developments, especially Falls pounding Amherst, but also Ridgeville pushing the Shoremen for most of the game.

Week 7 has a couple of big games!

Winners in bold.

Avon Lake (6-0/5-0) at Amherst (5-1/4-1) -- This now looks like Amherst needs a win over Avon or Avon Lake to feel completely secure about a playoff spot. Not going to happen this week, though.

Avon (5-1/4-1) at Lakewood (0-6/0-5) -- Not much to say about this one.

Olmsted Falls (5-1/4-1) at Berea-Midpark (4-2/4-1) -- The Bulldogs showed their mettle with a pounding of Amherst, but can they keep the potent B-M offense off the field enough to secure another big win? Yes, but this could truly go either way.

Midview (0-6/0-5) at Westlake (1-5/1-4) -- This is a good chance for the Middies to pick up their first win, as this game is pretty much a toss up. I'm going with the Demons, though. Home team.

North Olmsted (3-3/2-3) at North Ridgeville (1-5/1-4) -- The Rangers have been pretty scrappy, and I think they clip the Eagles wings on Friday.
Old 10-06-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Week 6 had some interesting developments, especially Falls pounding Amherst, but also Ridgeville pushing the Shoremen for most of the game.

Week 7 has a couple of big games!

Winners in bold.

Avon Lake (6-0/5-0) at Amherst (5-1/4-1) -- This now looks like Amherst needs a win over Avon or Avon Lake to feel completely secure about a playoff spot. Not going to happen this week, though.

Avon (5-1/4-1) at Lakewood (0-6/0-5) -- Not much to say about this one.

Olmsted Falls (5-1/4-1) at Berea-Midpark (4-2/4-1) -- The Bulldogs showed their mettle with a pounding of Amherst, but can they keep the potent B-M offense off the field enough to secure another big win? Yes, but this could truly go either way.

Midview (0-6/0-5) at Westlake (1-5/1-4) -- This is a good chance for the Middies to pick up their first win, as this game is pretty much a toss up. I'm going with the Demons, though. Home team.

North Olmsted (3-3/2-3) at North Ridgeville (1-5/1-4) -- The Rangers have been pretty scrappy, and I think they clip the Eagles wings on Friday.
Avon Lake dodged a huge bullet in Amherst, but survived unbeaten and advanced. Berea-Midpark and Olmsted Falls had a game that tested the scoreboard capacity, with the Titans winning it. Midview finally broke into the win column, and North Ridgeville continued to improve.

IMO, the league is not very strong this season and will not make much noise in the playoffs, but it has been an extremely fun race for the SWC title and the fun continues in Week 8.

Winners in bold.

Amherst (5-2/4-2) at North Olmsted (3-4/2-4) -- The Comets have suffered two tough losses in a row, and the Eagles are capable of beating Amherst if the Comets are looking ahead to Avon in Week 9. I think Amherst bounces back, though.

Avon (6-1/5-1) at North Ridgeville (2-5/2-4) -- Much like last season when the Rangers pushed Avon to the brink...I think this one is very similar, but same as last season...Avon survives a scare.

Berea-Midpark (5-2/5-1) at Avon Lake (7-0/6-0) -- This one should have plenty of offensive fireworks! The Shoremen dodged bullets vs Avon and Amherst. Can the Titans be the team that finally deals the Shoremen a loss? Yes. Will they? Yes.

Westlake (1-6/1-5) at Lakewood (0-7/0-6) -- The Demons have a great chance to double their win total against the hapless Rangers.

Midview (1-6/1-5) at Olmsted Falls (5-2/4-2) -- This was a marquee match-up for many years, and as recent as last year, but this time it will be all Bulldogs.