Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-06-18, 03:32 PM
Varsity

Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natination13 View Post
Not necessarily. Andonian will be extremely tough to beat next year.
That's what they said with the Decatur match and Crace found a way! Lol That being said Andonian is one of the most dangerous hammers in the Country! I got the pleasure of watching those 2 go at it at Fargo Camp and it was like two cats in a bag with both scoring at will! Will be fun to watch! Great for Ohio! We are lucky to have all of these elite kids willing to lay it on the line!
Old 08-06-18, 03:41 PM
All District

Natination13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitSulHer View Post
I can think of about 15 freshman right now who could Andonian and this Decatur fella. Throw in Crace with em.
Feel free to name the 15 freshman to beat (Andonian/Decatur), both of them have won Fargo Junior Nationals and are State Champs. Good Luck. Or you can just name 5, because you won't be able to do that either.
Old 08-06-18, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
The only thing that this incoming freshman class has more of than the senior class is crazy dads!! I’ve heard 10 different conversations about crazy azz incoming freshman dads. Can’t wait!!
Old 08-06-18, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can think of about 15 freshman right now who could Andonian and this Decatur fella. Throw in Crace with em.
You sir are CRAZY
Old 08-06-18, 08:12 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalsetting View Post
Well it Better be Hepner if you expect those kind of results! Just don't see a Freshman (Cadet All American) stepping in and doing what Hepner did at lighter weights! He's good but give the other 138's a little respect before you go crowning the next Ed's Superstar! Provided that's who your referring to!
Geog can't make 132 and hepner can't make 138. Geog wrestled 138 at fargo. This is getting good cant wait to see how this plays out.Ok
Old 08-06-18, 08:19 PM
Varsity

Neverwrestled is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Geog can't make 132 and hepner can't make 138. Geog wrestled 138 at fargo. This is getting good cant wait to see how this plays out.Ok
Is this good intel that you are telling us about the weights at EDs or assumption
Old 08-06-18, 08:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwrestled View Post
Is this good intel that you are telling us about the weights at EDs or assumption
Its possible 2 st champs wrestle off for 145. Or andonian moves up and wrestles off with dover. This is getting good.
Old 08-06-18, 10:54 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Update - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 113, 120, 126

I moved Delsanter down to 113, moved Rini to 120 and then added in Bennett/Richter at 126. With Delsanter being their best and maybe only option at 113 they will need him to get down there to help maximize their lineup.

I also caught a mistake, Jack Stanley somehow fell down a couple spots after moving Sabin and Dipierro back to 113, that has been corrected - my apologies.
Old 08-07-18, 08:11 AM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natination13 View Post
Feel free to name the 15 freshman to beat (Andonian/Decatur), both of them have won Fargo Junior Nationals and are State Champs. Good Luck. Or you can just name 5, because you won't be able to do that either.
There aren't any freshman (in high school, to be clear) that could even last 3 periods with these guys let along beat them.
Old 08-07-18, 09:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
There aren't any freshman (in high school, to be clear) that could even last 3 periods with these guys let along beat them.
Didn't niffenegger tf his way to nat title?
Old 08-07-18, 12:51 PM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The way this thread was heading I was just be satirical. I know all three young men well and know there are no freshman that can beat them.

There are, however, several 8th graders coming up and that would be a big time hurtin on em.
Old 08-07-18, 01:06 PM
Freshman

CHINWHIIP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The way this thread was heading I was just be satirical. I know all three young men well and know there are no freshman that can beat them.

There are, however, several 8th graders coming up and that would be a big time hurtin on em.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have ourselves a comedian. I said "I know everybody funny... now you funny too."
Old 08-07-18, 02:56 PM
All District

Natination13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Didn't niffenegger tf his way to nat title?
Nope, not even close. But he did earn a 4th place finish at Cadets, which is still impressive.
Old 08-07-18, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Sands what weight and grade. Half to make them fit
Old 08-07-18, 09:29 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
If any coach has the ability to takedown St Eds it is Ryan Root. Now it looks like he has the wrestlers as well.....Let your team stay Healthy my friend.....
Old 08-08-18, 01:01 AM
All Yappi

Updated - www.borofanohio.net

D1: 145/160/170/182
D3: 138

I added Niffenegger to LaSalle. I am not sure how the lineup will look, so for now I put him at 145 as a combo with Darnai Heard. I added Niffenegger at 138 and slid everyone up and then put him at 145 and slid everyone up, but it seems like that hurts LaSalle in the team projections; Mostly because they would have guys making even bigger weight jumps (Norwood/Both Heards/Walker), so that would cause them to start a little lower in the rankings until December - Sliding Niffinegger into the lineup obviously would be very beneficial for duals meets.
Old 08-08-18, 08:32 AM
Freshman

Whatever44 is on a distinguished road
Is anyone curious how LaSalle can get so many new kids/transfers without any recruiting violations? The weights are all ones that are needed, too. I guess just lucky.
Old 08-08-18, 08:41 AM
Varsity

WGTJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever44 View Post
Is anyone curious how LaSalle can get so many new kids/transfers without any recruiting violations? The weights are all ones that are needed, too. I guess just lucky.
It's not just luck, but it's not necessarily recruiting either. These kids know what area school's lineups look like. They know that LaSalle is a good program and already has a good team. If they see a hole in the lineup, then they go check it out. These kids are also wrestling year round and develop friendships on national teams, etc. as well. They are elite wrestlers and want to get better, so they will naturally be attracted to a school in the area that has a very competitive room. BTW - I am in no way affiliated with the LaSalle program and don't even live close to it. My son is not elite, but he participates in the offseason national teams, goes to camps, puts in extra work, etc. He develops friendships with kids from other schools during this time.
Old 08-08-18, 09:50 AM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pretty simple really. Most of these kids, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions at the most, have wrestled with each other on different dual teams since they were in grade school. Golden Cross, which Zerkle and his asst. coaches built, was what I would call the core team they practiced with and or wrestled for in late grade school / jr. high. A lot of the kids wrestled for other national dual teams and practiced in other rooms as well. Coach Root, to my knowledge, has always networked with a lot of the other clubs in the SWO area and developed relationships with the coaches, wrestlers and families. All you have to do is think of the more dominant kids / jr. high club programs in SWO over the last 8 years or so, Catalyst, Prodigy, Golden Cross, Pinnacle, Team Mixer (small but high quality kids), etc. My point is, though he may not have been directly involved with all of these clubs I think he was involved enough to develop strong relationships with the wrestlers and families that would later benefit all of them. This is all foundation work for a solid program. But then again, kiddie wrestling means nothing.

So at the end of the day I believe that Coach Root has begun developing a wrestling culture in SWO which is similar to the way it's been for years in NEO, just a generation or two behind. My opinion on the whole deal is that the SWO coaches and wrestlers should network with teams like LaSalle and other SWO clubs / teams and get better. Iron sharpens iron, right? So if you don't want to lose the kids to teams like LaSalle then be the team where the kids want to be, be the coach that kids want to wrestle for, let your kids wrestle with other groups of high level kids and then maybe one day you'll be in the spot that LaSalle is in this year.

Go ahead, fire away.
Old 08-08-18, 10:24 AM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No. It's not a Dayton Christian situation

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-18, 10:54 AM
All American

Dionysus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is the dads that formed this super team to try to win a state team title. I still do not think it will be enough to defeat Edís. It will be close though. They could do it if Edís slips up or if they have a perfect tournament.
Old 08-08-18, 01:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
It is the dads that formed this super team to try to win a state team title. I still do not think it will be enough to defeat Edís. It will be close though. They could do it if Edís slips up or if they have a perfect tournament.
Please enlighten me on how you think st Ed will do better or LaSalle do worst than what Borofan has? I just wanna see what you see because some of the wrestlers we haven't seen, like Eds heavyweight( not knowing if he is over or under ranked).

Old 08-08-18, 03:34 PM
All American

at his size kilbane has as good a chance as any to win a st title
Old 08-08-18, 03:40 PM
All American

Quote:
at his size kilbane has as good a chance as any to win a st title
What is at? 6'6", 280lbs

Old 08-08-18, 04:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
What is at? 6'6", 280lbs

and a darn good football player. he will get down to 280 by wrestling season.
Old 08-08-18, 04:17 PM
Freshman

Whatever44 is on a distinguished road
If the coach "has always networked with a lot of the other clubs in the SWO area and developed relationships with coaches, wrestlers, and families" that sounds like a very gray area. You really are not helping matters.
Old 08-08-18, 05:48 PM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If the coach "has always networked with a lot of the other clubs in the SWO area and developed relationships with coaches, wrestlers, and families" that sounds like a very gray area. You really are not helping matters.
Thatís fine. Itís not my intention to help or hurt anyone. I just disagree with a lot of the skepticism. One thing thatís a fact, is that for a long period of time when Coach Root was developing the said relationships, he wasnít even coaching at a high school. Sounds pretty clean to me. Though I do believe he coached Dillon Walkerís older brother when he was at Springboro a while ago. Hope I helped you understand the circumstances a little better.
Old 08-08-18, 06:37 PM
All Yappi

I found a few football profiles that listed Kilbane at 6’3 275, not sure how recent or accurate they are though.
Old 08-08-18, 07:18 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He focused a great deal of his time to club teams throughout SWO before and in between HC gigs. There's only a few clubs I'd consider as Elite in the area so the kids and coaches see each other pretty frequently. Parents carpool for each other and not really shocking when those kids become close and want to go to school/wrestle together. The easiest way for that to happen is to go the private school path. If you're a top kid then you're going to try and be in the top program. Right now that happens to be LaSalle in SWO.
Old 08-12-18, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

Updated Rankings - www.borofanohio.net

D3: 126