Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-18, 02:38 AM
Freshman

milqcity2010 is on a distinguished road
Massillon Football 2018

How do you feel the tigers will be in 2018?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-18, 05:01 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Gotta figure they're probably the Stark County pre-season #1. Could be by a little or by the end of the season a lot. QB is quite the talent.

R7 is a more interesting with Perry and Dover in the mix, unfortunately Boardman got moved out and they're probably going to be really good. DIII runner up Tri-Valley also got moved up to D2 and is in R7.
Old 06-26-18, 06:09 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Gotta figure they're probably the Stark County pre-season #1. Could be by a little or by the end of the season a lot. QB is quite the talent.

R7 is a more interesting with Perry and Dover in the mix, unfortunately Boardman got moved out and they're probably going to be really good. DIII runner up Tri-Valley also got moved up to D2 and is in R7.
It is going to be an interesting year, to say the least. From what I'm hearing Massillon is stacked on both the offensive and defensive lines. That's where games are won and lost. Have a great summer and we'll talk about it in the fall!!
Old 06-26-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
I don't want to jinx it but I see (or hope) Massillon vs. Perry on a collision course. Dang I wish we scheduled each other.

Always excited for football season. Probably moreso if I didn't know how mutherfking stacked Hoban was, lol. Definitely gunning for the region though!
Old 06-26-18, 08:31 AM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Massillons projected starting Oline for 2018, also this Oline just won the university of Pitt big man challenge that included teams from all over the country.

LT Williams 6’2 270 Sr *
LG Jones 6’3 292 Jr
C Gaddis 5’9 240 Sr *
RT Burgess 6’2 290 Sr
RT Mattox 6’2 280 Sr *

*return starter

Massillon returns a lot including Ohio State recruit Ballard at WR, Thomas at RB and many more with D1 offers.

Should be another good year for the Tigers!!!
Old 06-26-18, 02:38 PM
Varsity

MassillonJoe is on a distinguished road
Definitely some high expectations here in Tigertown. Sounds like our kids have been working hard this off season. We have loads of experience coming back with talent to go with it.

I'll tell you what, if we can get it together defensively this team could be very special.
Old 06-26-18, 04:43 PM
Freshman

milqcity2010 is on a distinguished road
Im excited for this season i got a good feeling coach moore will have these boys ready to play our schedule is pretty good also

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-18, 05:01 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Week 1 should be fun. You guys ever going to give the Irish a return game on Maple Street....or keep making us come there? :-)

Nice place to visit....and win.

Always a great atmosphere to play a game in. Love the tradition and pride you have in your program. Best wishes on a successful season.
Old 06-26-18, 05:55 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Week 1 should be fun. You guys ever going to give the Irish a return game on Maple Street....or keep making us come there? :-)

Nice place to visit....and win.

Always a great atmosphere to play a game in. Love the tradition and pride you have in your program. Best wishes on a successful season.
Maybe you should talk to the St.V admin, they are the ones that keep agreeing to come to Massillon
Old 06-26-18, 06:18 PM
Junior Varsity

T-Roy is on a distinguished road
Definitely going to be an exciting season in Tigertown. Anybody have any thoughts on the dline? Also St. V s is going to be a great test right out of the gate.
Old 06-26-18, 06:29 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
Maybe you should talk to the St.V admin, they are the ones that keep agreeing to come to Massillon
Right....like the Tigers would ever agree to play a road game.

Thats ok....we like taking your money and computer points.

Little worried about year though...sounds like Massillon is going to put a pretty good team on the field. 1st game with the new coach as well. I do know the Irish will come and play hard. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-26-18, 06:49 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Expectations for the upcoming season are high, but that is nothing new for these young men. After all these young men are Massillon Tigers and they're expectations for themselves is higher than anyone else's. Sounds like they're building this team the right way through hardwork and making sure they dominate the LOS. That's what it's going to take to compete and win a State Title. My concern is the depth along the LOS. How many will be going both ways and how many can we rotate without significant drop off? Looking forward to the start of the season and kicking off against St.V to open up the season in the friendly confines of PBTS don't get much better. Go Tigers!!!
Old 06-26-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Sounds like the Tigers are looking good for a great year, perhaps even wining their first state title. Go Tigers!!
Old 06-26-18, 07:41 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Sounds like the Tigers are looking good for a great year, perhaps even wining their first state title. Go Tigers!!
Or 25th....
Old 06-26-18, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
Massillons projected starting Oline for 2018, also this Oline just won the university of Pitt big man challenge that included teams from all over the country.

LT Williams 62 270 Sr *
LG Jones 63 292 Jr
C Gaddis 59 240 Sr *
RT Burgess 62 290 Sr
RT Mattox 62 280 Sr *

*return starter

Massillon returns a lot including Ohio State recruit Ballard at WR, Thomas at RB and many more with D1 offers.

I'm calling irrational exuberance on this. From what other parts of the country did the schools participating come from?

Three schools are claiming to have won championships in the 7 on 7 portion of this event and all 3 of them are within 20 miles of Pittsburgh. So unless North Pittsburgh has an unbelievable greater amount of talent than other portions of the country, I suspect this competition probably didn't draw too much outside of western PA and eastern OH.

Also the big man portion wasn't really too much of a football competition. It included the bench press, flipping tires, and a tug of war.
Old 06-26-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I'm calling irrational exuberance on this. From what other parts of the country did the schools participating come from?

Three schools are claiming to have won championships in the 7 on 7 portion of this event and all 3 of them are within 20 miles of Pittsburgh. So unless North Pittsburgh has an unbelievable greater amount of talent than other portions of the country, I suspect this competition probably didn't draw too much outside of western PA and eastern OH.

Also the big man portion wasn't really too much of a football competition. It included the bench press, flipping tires, and a tug of war.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the MASSILLON Jackson football program
Old 06-26-18, 08:28 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It's more about the competition, not the activity. It's June and getting to compete and win against other schools is an impressive jump start to the season. It's a big deal to those kids and a boost to their confidence, not to mention the team building it accomplishes.
Old 06-26-18, 09:00 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:

LT Williams 62 270 Sr *
LG Jones 63 292 Jr
C Gaddis 59 240 Sr *
RT Burgess 62 290 Sr
RT Mattox 62 280 Sr *

*return starter

Wow! thats a good size line, and thats not even counting the 2 alledge Georgia recruits errrrrr transfers into the mix
Old 06-26-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Quote:

Jealous troll.
Why dont you start a Jackson 2018 thread and tell us all about the summer camps Jackson went to and how well they did...
Its incredible that you did that much research on this, get a life tool.
Old 06-26-18, 09:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Wow! thats a good size line, and thats not even counting the 2 alledge Georgia recruits errrrrr transfers into the mix
Is there a Perry 2018 thread ?
You knew the fed girls would have their panties all in a bunch when this thread started today.
Old 06-26-18, 09:24 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Having watched this for 20+ years. my predictions are as follows:

There will be increasing hype throughout July and August, reaching illogical heights after 7-on-7s.

Current players will be compared to past "great" players (although the "greats" of the 80s and 90s never won a title).

Regular season wins against some lesser opponents will result in unrealistic expectations.

Mrs. Moore will do/tweet/say something controversial/stupid.

Tigers will win a playoff game or two and then get beaten and once again lose their last game #tradition
Old 06-26-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Is there a Perry 2018 thread ?
You knew the fed girls would have their panties all in a bunch when this thread started today.
Any chance you are going to comment on the topic at hand or are you just to make posts on the posters?
Old 06-26-18, 09:55 PM
All Region

Quote:

The team they beat was from Maryland, so again please get your information correct.
Old 06-26-18, 09:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
There are no Georgia boys coming to Massillon.
Old 06-26-18, 10:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Any chance you are going to comment on the topic at hand or are you just to make posts on the posters?
What do you want to know Perry troll ?
That Massillon has 16 starters back from last years semi final team, along with many more kids that started and/or had a ton of pt.
A QB that passed for over 2,400 yds with 21 TDs and 5 Ints.
A 1,500 yd RB
A WR that will name his college and another WR that little 59 DBs from Perry wont be able to cover.
Now run along back to Perry 2018 because those little boys want nothing to do with D2 this year.
Old 06-26-18, 10:06 PM
All American

Quote:
The team they beat was from Maryland, so again please get your information correct.
He never has his facts straight his own fan base tells him that.
Old 06-26-18, 10:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Having watched this for 20+ years. my predictions are as follows:

There will be increasing hype throughout July and August, reaching illogical heights after 7-on-7s.

Current players will be compared to past "great" players (although the "greats" of the 80s and 90s never won a title).

Regular season wins against some lesser opponents will result in unrealistic expectations.

Mrs. Moore will do/tweet/say something controversial/stupid.

Tigers will win a playoff game or two and then get beaten and once again lose their last game #tradition
You forgot the yearly week 10 beatdown of the puppies, 6 out of the last 7 games, better stick to those fed games...
Old 06-26-18, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From where else "all over the country" did they come to flip tires?
Old 06-27-18, 06:54 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nonetheless it was a positive accomplishment for the Tigers Oline. I know when teams win summer shootouts in basketball its viewed as a joke but when you beat 40 teams for it it usually translates to a great season. This may be the one year I want Massillon to do well and beat Hoban, getting tired of them already.
Old 06-27-18, 06:56 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Jealous troll.
Why dont you start a Jackson 2018 thread and tell us all about the summer camps Jackson went to and how well they did...
Its incredible that you did that much research on this, get a life tool.
TS, you can call people out all you want, it seems that's all your posts ever do is bash someone elses posts but please don't call anyone a troll or tool. Unless you don't think you're the biggest yappi troll and tool, which you may not since you're obviously troubled.
Closed Thread