Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Antonio Brown
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
AB, to me, has always marched to the beat of a different drummer. Uber talented but doesn't seem to fit that "Steeler mold." Same as Bell.

Both seem like "me first" type of guys. Started for me with AB with the fancy black & yellow car he drove into training camp a few years ago to the video he posted to Facebook or Instagram in the locker room of Tomlin (that got him in trouble) and on & on.

You all know I hate the Steelers but when I think of their previous players it's usually been "for the team" not "me first." That may be an unfair assessment but just what I see from the outside looking in.

And Bell looks worse than AB right now.
Old 09-21-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Figured.

Right now this season is an absolute abortion.

Bell has started this circus. I didn't see the jet ski video but according to the PPG and others they report that Bell looks a bit heavier and out of shape compared to past years so if he does come back he likely isn't going to be as effective.

I think at this point he is going to be out for the long haul. STeelers took him off their roster/depth chart. I could see them saying the hell with it and rescind the tag and then maybe use that money to extend someone's contract and front load it.
Old 09-24-18, 06:55 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Figured.

Right now this season is an absolute abortion.

Bell has started this circus. I didn't see the jet ski video but according to the PPG and others they report that Bell looks a bit heavier and out of shape compared to past years so if he does come back he likely isn't going to be as effective.

I think at this point he is going to be out for the long haul. STeelers took him off their roster/depth chart. I could see them saying the hell with it and rescind the tag and then maybe use that money to extend someone's contract and front load it.
they're not going to rescind the tag because if they do and let him walk, they don't get the 3rd round pick back when he leaves for FA.

reports are they're trying to trade him now. let's see what happens but if i had to bet, i'm guessing Bell doesn't put on a Steelers jersey this year for ANY game.
Old 09-24-18, 06:59 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Bell is my favorite Steeler player so far this year. Go Bucs!
Old 09-24-18, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Bell is my favorite Steeler player so far this year. Go Bucs!
Will be interesting to see if FitzMagic has a "gold chain wearing" worthy performance for tonight's post game presser. Steeler's secondary is a very good place for him to replicate his previous 2 week's performance.
Old 09-24-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Will be interesting to see if FitzMagic has a "gold chain wearing" worthy performance for tonight's post game presser. Steeler's secondary is a very good place for him to replicate his previous 2 week's performance.
The wheels are going to come off of that wagon eventually. Maybe not tonight, but there's a 4 interception game waiting in the wings.
Old 09-24-18, 07:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The wheels are going to come off of that wagon eventually. Maybe not tonight, but there's a 4 interception game waiting in the wings.
No doubt but he has some weapons at WR. Have to imagine they're going to be open more times than not.

I can see tonight being a shootout because neither team plays defense but can put up Arena League-like passing numbers.
Old 09-24-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

Wonder when was the last time the steelers sat alone in last place after three weeks?

I don't see them getting back on track at all this year.Another story came out about Rapistburger really pressuring Stormy Daniels at the hotel many years ago..that story cannot pan out well with him and his family (even though it happened during his raping years and not since he met his wife)
Old 09-24-18, 09:50 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Not a Steeler fan but I think you guys are too quick to dismiss the Steelers based on 2 games. They lost by 5 points to what is probably the best team in the league right now and tied a Browns team (that if you look at the Browns thread) is now all the sudden going to win a bunch of games. I'd let this play out for few weeks before declaring the Steelers demise. No one else in the conference is w/o their own flaws.
Old 09-24-18, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
Not a Steeler fan but I think you guys are too quick to dismiss the Steelers based on 2 games. They lost by 5 points to what is probably the best team in the league right now and tied a Browns team (that if you look at the Browns thread) is now all the sudden going to win a bunch of games. I'd let this play out for few weeks before declaring the Steelers demise. No one else in the conference is w/o their own flaws.
Agreed. Until they're dead, they still have a pulse.
Old 09-24-18, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Wonder when was the last time the steelers sat alone in last place after three weeks?
Not sure about after 3 weeks but a few years ago they started 0-4 and bounced back to 8-8 (I think), just missing the playoffs. Went on a run to close out the season.
Old 09-24-18, 10:35 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Not sure about after 3 weeks but a few years ago they started 0-4 and bounced back to 8-8 (I think), just missing the playoffs. Went on a run to close out the season.
pretty sure in their first Super Bowl Run of the 2000's (XL, maybe), they were 7-6, had to win last 4 games just to get into the playoffs, did it and obviously ran the table after that. just a side note - some people want to dismiss that Super Bowl victory because of how poorly Ben played and because it was against the Seahawks, but few remember how great he was on the road for 3 straight games to get there. At Cinci, at Indy, at Denver........he played great so he was a pretty big reason why they even got to the Super Bowl. yeah, he did stink it up in the SB, for sure. but still got the ring.
Old 09-24-18, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

The steelers have been known to bounce back after bad starts. Want to say they were 3-4 in 1995 before winning what should have been 9 straight (lost to GB in the last game when Thigpen dropped a GW TD at the end) and the to the SB against the Cowboys.

Any steeler fan knows that this year it feels different. THe discontent around the team, poor defensive play, selfish acts by players on the field and of course........Bell punking us all.

This slow start just feels.....different and by the sounds of it LB apparently isn't in the best of condition right now to be able to sign and contribute right away.
Old 09-25-18, 06:59 AM
All World

Bballer05
one half of pretty good football and one half of not so great football.

whoever posted the "Fitz is due for 4-int night", kudos to you.

can't believe the offense put up ZERO points in the 2nd half.

defense still has dudes running completely free at times. Artie Burns REALLY struggled.

not sure why we send Dupree or Watt out into coverage EVER. they can't cover anyone. let them rush the passer. Dupree's pick 6 was a fluke/terrible throw by Fitz.

either way, it's a win. keep getting better.
Old 09-25-18, 07:06 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
A win on the road in the NFL against anyone is a good win. seemed like the Bucs had the call 80% of the second half. I know they ate up over 7 minutes on their 1st 3rd Q possession.
Old 09-25-18, 07:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
one half of pretty good football and one half of not so great football.

whoever posted the "Fitz is due for 4-int night", kudos to you.

can't believe the offense put up ZERO points in the 2nd half.

defense still has dudes running completely free at times. Artie Burns REALLY struggled.

not sure why we send Dupree or Watt out into coverage EVER. they can't cover anyone. let them rush the passer. Dupree's pick 6 was a fluke/terrible throw by Fitz.

either way, it's a win. keep getting better.
Steelers will have to win Arena League shootout offensive games. Their defense is trash.
Old 09-25-18, 07:44 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Steelers will have to win Arena League shootout offensive games. Their defense is trash.
to hold the Bucs to only 10 points in the first half and creating 4 turnovers - i wouldn't call it "trash". certainly better than last week. you saw what happens when they can actually get to the QB, even just a little pressure......turnovers. Steelers D has always been a "bend but don't break" the last several years.

plenty to improve on but they got better this week.

didn't even realize this - offense played without their starting RG and RT. i'd say putting up 30 with both of those guys gone is also quite impressive.

Vance's stiff arm TD will never get old.
Old 09-25-18, 07:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
to hold the Bucs to only 10 points in the first half and creating 4 turnovers - i wouldn't call it "trash". certainly better than last week. you saw what happens when they can actually get to the QB, even just a little pressure......turnovers. Steelers D has always been a "bend but don't break" the last several years.
No, it's trash. Ranked 29th in the NFL with a secondary that's a sieve, it's bad. The run D is solid...the secondary? Abortion. Plus they're giving up 30 ppg.
Old 09-25-18, 08:14 AM
All Yappi

The turnovers were more Fitzpatrick being awful than the Steelers defense playing well. Once in-game coaching took hold, after HT, the Bucs were the better team.
Old 09-25-18, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

Lol
Old 09-25-18, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
The turnovers were more Fitzpatrick being awful than the Steelers defense playing well. Once in-game coaching took hold, after HT, the Bucs were the better team.
Pretty much spot on with this.

I'll give credit where credit's due and I'll also call a spade a spade. I'm not a homer (not accusing you of this because you seem objective on this) who will try to shine a turd.

If the Browns offense sucks, I'll say it. I'll also call out a bad defense when I see it. Regardless of my team affiliation, I'll pretty much call what I see.

Steelers offense = high octane/dynamic, Steelers defense = can't stop a CYO league team through the air.
Old 09-25-18, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I get it but these refs should be ashamed of themselves in the early going. So many horrific calls and they're flag happy. Thanks Goodell !
Old 09-25-18, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

plenty to improve on but they got better this week.

didn't even realize this - offense played without their starting RG and RT. i'd say putting up 30 with both of those guys gone is also quite impressive.

Vance's stiff arm TD will never get old.
You also didnít realize the offense didnít put up 30.
Old 09-25-18, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

I'm sure the NFL will manage to find someone even worse than Goodell when the time comes.
Old 09-25-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm sure the NFL will manage to find someone even worse than Goodell when the time comes.
Unless there's a time limit, if I was him, with the money he's making, I'd want to live forever.
Old 09-25-18, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

Needed that win something huge last night.

Defense is still terrible and shame on them for not trying to fix it this offseason.
Old 09-25-18, 09:33 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Jets seem to be interested in trading for Bell. I would do it for a 2nd and 6/7th pick.
Old 09-25-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Would rather him be traded to the NFC
Old 09-25-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Jets seem to be interested in trading for Bell. I would do it for a 2nd and 6/7th pick.
Jets, Detroit & SF would be the teams I'd think would want him that could be realistic trades. Have heard the Browns name mentioned but that would be stupid for both parties.