Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-24-18, 11:19 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Mechanicsburg beat Kenton Ridge by 40. 40!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-18, 01:39 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
I’m not surprised to see that GCC beat Spfld Cath. Central. That game seemed like a toss-up to me. I am, however, surprised to see them get beat by 42 at the hands of GCC.

I’ve long admired, and respected, the SCC program and how they’ve always punched above their weight. But, I’m led to believe this is just going to be a really rough, long and enduring season for the Irish.

Hang tough, SCC. Every school like yours, a small Catholic school in a mid-sized city (or smaller), has found itself in the shoes you’re wearing now when it comes to a down year in football. Keep your heads up, trust your coaches and God, and you’ll weather the storm and rise back for the next challenge.

“May the road rise to meet you, and the wind forever be at your back.” Pulling for ya’s.
Old 08-25-18, 05:10 AM
Junior Varsity

Tigers Best is on a distinguished road
WLS 35 Graham 3
Old 08-25-18, 06:11 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Iím not surprised to see that GCC beat Spfld Cath. Central. That game seemed like a toss-up to me. I am, however, surprised to see them get beat by 42 at the hands of GCC.

Iíve long admired, and respected, the SCC program and how theyíve always punched above their weight. But, Iím led to believe this is just going to be a really rough, long and enduring season for the Irish.

Hang tough, SCC. Every school like yours, a small Catholic school in a mid-sized city (or smaller), has found itself in the shoes youíre wearing now when it comes to a down year in football. Keep your heads up, trust your coaches and God, and youíll weather the storm and rise back for the next challenge.

ďMay the road rise to meet you, and the wind forever be at your back.Ē Pulling for yaís.
Nice to see positive posts once in a while. Best post in this thread. Thank you for chiming in with this.
Old 08-25-18, 07:27 AM
All District

grizzly22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers Best View Post
WLS 35 Graham 3
The incomplete pass ruled catch towards the end of the half that led to a touchdown pretty much took the wind out of Graham. It was disappointing to not see Grahams number 30 get the ball after their first drive.
Old 08-25-18, 09:32 AM
All Region

jobarules is on a distinguished road
Mechanicsburg absolutely trashed KR, it wasn't just a scoreboard blow out. I still expect the Cougars to be a team that wins 6-7 games too. Which means the Indians were that good. I saw them several times in the Romero years and it appears they haven't lost a step. 28, 22, and 60 were all real nice players for them. I really can't see them losing a game unless WJ manages to trip them up.
Old 08-25-18, 09:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Are you sure it was incomplete unless you were on the field there is no way you can tell
Old 08-25-18, 09:54 AM
Junior Varsity

I thought the Tigers looked good considering how young they are only 4 or 5 seniors the junior class is very athletic and talented
Old 08-25-18, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarules View Post
Mechanicsburg absolutely trashed KR, it wasn't just a scoreboard blow out. I still expect the Cougars to be a team that wins 6-7 games too. Which means the Indians were that good. I saw them several times in the Romero years and it appears they haven't lost a step. 28, 22, and 60 were all real nice players for them. I really can't see them losing a game unless WJ manages to trip them up.
My biggest takeaway from last night is that Mechanicsburg has to be really, really good and may not face a real challenge until they see a MAC team in the playoffs. KR will still have a winning season. If KR's explosive offense only managed 14 points, Mechanicsburg's remaining opponents are in a lot of trouble.

Old 08-25-18, 11:25 AM
Freshman

burgfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
My biggest takeaway from last night is that Mechanicsburg has to be really, really good and may not face a real challenge until they see a MAC team in the playoffs. KR will still have a winning season. If KR's explosive offense only managed 14 points, Mechanicsburg's remaining opponents are in a lot of trouble.

KR's first TD was a defensive TD on a fumble return in the 1st quarter on Burgs opening drive. Their offense only scored right out of the half on a run. Other than that they were held in check most of the night. I thought Burg moved the ball effectively on the ground and even some through the air. I thought that Burgs defense played really well.
Old 08-25-18, 03:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:

Donít rule out the Tigers I believe they could cause major headaches for the Indians they have a very athletic team this year could be the best athletes they have had in 4 or 5 years not saying they will beat them just donít rule them out.
Also I believe the top 4 teams in the OHC would compete in the CBC.Excluding Bellefontaine and Tecumseh and not sure if they would run over them all that bad.
Old 08-26-18, 12:59 AM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. The real value of hssports is learning how to believe in your self and your mates when no one else believes.
Old 08-26-18, 08:31 AM
All Region

Jet19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Still really surprised by that Burg vs KR score. Was hoping the Jets coulda pulled out a W against WC but I'd venture to say that team is well coached. Really like the Fairbanks vs Indian Lake matchup next Friday.
Old 08-26-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Both of those teams got thoroughly waxed as well on Friday. I'm not sure if that's an endictment of them, a testament to how good North Union and Marion Pleasant are, or a combination of the two.

I expected at least Fairbanks to be pretty good this year. I think I'm going to need 4-5 weeks this year to figure out how a few of these teams really are.

Old 08-26-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers Best View Post
Donít rule out the Tigers I believe they could cause major headaches for the Indians they have a very athletic team this year could be the best athletes they have had in 4 or 5 years not saying they will beat them just donít rule them out.
Also I believe the top 4 teams in the OHC would compete in the CBC.Excluding Bellefontaine and Tecumseh and not sure if they would run over them all that bad.
WLS is a team that I don't really know what to assume after week 1 due to the opponent. Last year Graham seemed to improve dramatically through the preseason and first 2-3 weeks of the season before nose diving. I assume WLS will be pretty good at worst, but I have no clue how Graham will be.

Honestly, I'm not sure that Bellefontaine and Tecumseh are 1-2 in the CBC. It's been assumed that the Chiefs would be good, but they've taken it on the chin in week 1 and in their jamboree against good opponents. Tecumseh was not very good last year, and I'm not sure that a decisive win over Fairborn tells me very much as they usually seem to be one of the weaker GWOC programs more often than not. For all I know, Jonathan Alder and Kenton Ridge could be the teams to beat, and they just happened to run into buzzsaws in week 1. There could possibly be a compelling argument after week 1 that London and North Union would be odds-on division winners if they were competing in football this year.

I'd say that for the past several years the top 3-4 OHC teams would be towards the top of the CBC with the exception of if there's a team of the caliber of last year's Bellefontaine squad. That's nothing new.

Old 08-26-18, 11:14 AM
All Region

Quote:
Both of those teams got thoroughly waxed as well on Friday. I'm not sure if that's an endictment of them, a testament to how good North Union and Marion Pleasant are, or a combination of the two.

I expected at least Fairbanks to be pretty good this year. I think I'm going to need 4-5 weeks this year to figure out how a few of these teams really are.

I would agree that it's a combination of good opponents and finding an identity with new players. I thought IL and Fbanks were borderline playoff teams, but that's why I love small school football around here so much. You just never know until you have a sample size big enough. Just something about hs football in this area that makes it special. Unlike the Mac and bigger areas where it's pretty much the same every season. Pee wee Joe Montana is ready for some more foosball. Going to be in the 90s this week so it's gonna be some rough preparation for week two. Looking over this week two slate again I think Triad has a good shot at starting 2-0. Which is really good for that program. Triad seems to either be really good or really bad. Haven't heard much about the fast timers from Ridgemont high but I know they traditionally play little brother to Riverside in their conference. West Jefferson vs Bishop Ready should be a great one. Have a good week yappi junkies! Lol
Old 08-26-18, 12:04 PM
All Region

XMy week two picks. Week one was the worst I've ever done picking football games around here. And I've been filling out the old news and sun's beat the wizards game since the late 80s early 90s. Wish them or another news source would pick the wizard back up. Always enjoyed filling those out with my Dad. But this past week was literally the worst I've ever done. On to the picks.
Northwestern over Northeastern big. By at least 30. Thought the Jets would be better this season based on the jamboree game against KR but it's looking like I drastically overestimated KR after the beating they endured from Burg.
West Jefferson over Bishop Ready in a good one. Played my first he game against Ready and things didn't go so well for us. Lol. Picked against WJ a few last year and last week. I'm now a believer.
Indian Lake over Fairbanks in a good one. Tough opponents last week makes this one hard to pinpoint. Going with IL because I'm not sold on FB yet but still should be a great game.
West Liberty over Ben Logan big. Tigers should roll.
Mechanicsburg over Riverside big. See week one score. Nuff said.
Triad over Ridgemont in a good matchup. Hopefully the cards can win one for themselves and the ohc.
Greenon over New Miami in a close one. Don't know much about New Miami but saw on joeeital they weren't very tough last season. Hoping the Knights can get one in the win colum.
Greeneview rolls Waynesville because the machine Kasner turned the Rams into is still rolling. And Waynesville has a purple McDonald's. This murika. Get outta here with that.
Southeastern over Graham in a close one. One of these teams needs to go in the right direction. Hopefully it'll be the Trojans.
Catholic Central over club team. Luck of the Irish needs to be found somewhere somehow.
East Clinton over Cedarville. Might be a long season for an improving Indians team.
London over Madison Plains big. London's RB is gonna give Plains a long Friday night in this Madison county battle.
Old 08-27-18, 07:55 AM
All District

roughriderpride is on a distinguished road
Quote:

WOW, A lot of disrespect there!
So, I guess the other teams in the league might as well not play anymore this season?

No doubt that the Burg is good this year but so is WLS and WJ.
Before talking about the playoffs, I would wait to see how Kenton Ridge does in the next few games just to give you an idea.
WJ beat a very good football team Friday night in Philo and no one from wj said anything other than they beat a good team.
Old 08-27-18, 08:37 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughriderpride View Post
So, I guess the other teams in the league might as well not play anymore this season?

Before talking about the playoffs, I would wait to see how Kenton Ridge does in the next few games just to give you an idea.
WJ beat a very good football team Friday night in Philo and no one from wj said anything other than they beat a good team.
UHHHHGGGGGG!!
Here we go again! Please note they guy you quoted is from and follows NORTH WESTERN and said nothing about West Jeff, let alone downgrade the team or town. Last year that came from another directional school.

West Jeff is the Champ and will be until someone else is and in my opinion has great odds to repeat. Some posters may not be familiar with the Philo Electrics but seeing how I get down the road, I know of them first hand from a guy that played on an undefeated playoff team from there in years gone by, btw the power plant that the electics are named for was shut down in the 1920's or 30's. They are a tough team that plays hard nose football and that is a great win for the OHC and our defending champs WEST JEFF!
Congratulations!!

West Lib has a very deep athletic team with good size up front, that is going to be hard for anyone to beat - especially at their place where they take full advantage of the home field. TIGERS BEST is this team even more athletic than the 2014 team? I thought those guys where really good.

Greeneview lost very little from last years team. They have 15(?) seniors and a stud JR or 2. They crushed a worthy opponent last week. Gview fan I'll bet you are lurking out there - What are your thoughts? To me the Rams can play power or in space it's a shame that they don't get the chance to play WJ or WLS this season, those would be great match ups.

As for KR they might go 0-10 or 9-1 but I'd guess in the middle. They have some really nice athletes at the QB, RB, and WR positions that were close to getting loose several times. It was a solid win but week one doesn't define a season 1 direction or the other.

Don't forget about Fairbanks and Triad there is lots of potential there as well.
I'm looking forward to a fun season of football. Good luck to all the OHC teams this week!

Last edited by Down The Road; 08-27-18 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Left out an E
Old 08-27-18, 08:44 AM
All Region

Union County Fan is on a distinguished road
It is really hard to say how good Fairbanks when it was their backup QB that played against North Union.
Old 08-27-18, 09:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union County Fan View Post
It is really hard to say how good Fairbanks when it was their backup QB that played against North Union.
I was wondering - I didn't expect them to get smashed like that.

Why was it the back-up?
Old 08-27-18, 09:39 AM
Junior Varsity

Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Down the road...this is the best Greeneview team in many years...they are big up front skill guys are all over the place...will be interesting to see how they do this year...i hate that we don't play west lib. Or west jeff.good luck to all the ohc teams this season!!!
Old 08-27-18, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughriderpride View Post

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying most OHC teams will likely have a very difficult time scoring on Mechanicsburg. D4 Kenton Ridge went 6-4 last year, and they returned a QB that had 2700 total yards and 24 TDs, along with a nice blend of other offensive contributors. They averaged 31 ppg last year, and I'd expect at worst equal this year. It would be shocking IMO if they don't win at least 6 games. They should have a good year.

Old 08-27-18, 11:58 AM
All Region

WEEK 2

NORTH:
Indian Lake (0-1) at Fairbanks (0-1)
Riverside (0-1) at Mechanicsburg (1-0)
Northwestern (1-0) at Northeastern (0-1)
Ridgemont (1-0) at Triad (1-0)
Bishop Ready (0-1) at West Jefferson (1-0)
Ben Logan (0-1) at West Liberty-Salem (1-0)

SOUTH:
Reigning Sports Academy (0-1) at Catholic Central (0-1)
East Clinton (0-1) at Cedarville (0-1)
Waynesville (1-0) at Greeneview (1-0)
New Miami (1-0) at Greenon (0-1)
London (1-0) at Madison Plains (0-1)
Southeastern (0-1) at Graham (0-1)
Old 08-27-18, 11:58 AM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Anybody have any infor on the wolfe kid from gview does he have any offers he looks like a monster out there
Old 08-27-18, 12:01 PM
All Region

I'll take:

Fairbanks by 2 scores over Indian Lake
Mechanicsburg big over Riverside
Northwestern over Northeastern
Triad big over Ridgemont
West Jefferson edges Ready
WL-S by 2 scores over Ben Logan

Catholic Central by default over whoever the heck that is
East Clinton over Cedarville
Greeneview in a close game over Waynesville
New Miami over Greenon
London big over Madison Plains
Graham edges Southeastern
Old 08-27-18, 12:04 PM
All Region

Interesting note...

I believe Triad has a great chance at starting the season 5-0, maybe even 6-0. I think they finish the season with 4 straight losses....but the Cardinals being D7, even at 5-5, could find themselves back in the playoffs.

Triad's next 4 games:
Wk 2 - Ridgemont (1-0, but beat a very bad team)
Wk 3 - Catholic Central
Wk 4 - Greenon
Wk 5 - Cedarville
Wk 6 - Northeastern
Old 08-27-18, 12:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
Interesting note...

I believe Triad has a great chance at starting the season 5-0, maybe even 6-0. I think they finish the season with 4 straight losses....but the Cardinals being D7, even at 5-5, could find themselves back in the playoffs.

Triad's next 4 games:
Wk 2 - Ridgemont (1-0, but beat a very bad team)
Wk 3 - Catholic Central
Wk 4 - Greenon
Wk 5 - Cedarville
Wk 6 - Northeastern
Was thinking the exact same thing. It'd be nice if a few of those teams can get in the win colum this week for playoff points. Think outside of Greeneview the south will have some competitive games. And I have a feeling the North will be a slugfest. So those OOL and crossover games are important. Probably never happen but I'd love to see the OHC go to 3 OOC games. WLS should have played week 11 last season. One of the best 8-2 teams in my recent memory not to make it to the post season. If they could have kept a team like KR week 3 instead of Cedarville they'd have had a much better opportunity.
Old 08-27-18, 01:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Was thinking the exact same thing. It'd be nice if a few of those teams can get in the win colum this week for playoff points. Think outside of Greeneview the south will have some competitive games. And I have a feeling the North will be a slugfest. So those OOL and crossover games are important. Probably never happen but I'd love to see the OHC go to 3 OOC games. WLS should have played week 11 last season. One of the best 8-2 teams in my recent memory not to make it to the post season. If they could have kept a team like KR week 3 instead of Cedarville they'd have had a much better opportunity.
I remember discussing on here how the OHC screwed themselves with the 3 crossover games - it certainly did WLS last year. Interesting you make that note, I was lookin at Fantastic50.net...

- WLS is projected out again at 8-2 and the 5 seed at 9-1
- Greeneview is projected out at 8-2 and the 8 seed at 9-1
- Triad has a less than 50% shot of making the playoffs at 7-3 and at 8-2 in D7 would likely be playing on the road as the 5 seed

The only way to go 8-2 and make the playoffs is by scheduling larger schools that win more than they lose. Burg got that in KR, WJ got that in Philo. Then again, if you lose those games - it doesn't help at all.

3 OOC games would have been ideal.
Old 08-27-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

The OHC should have gone with two permanent crossover games.