Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-18, 10:26 AM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
My picks for week 8

North
Northeastern over West Jefferson..... just kidding..... West Jefferson over South Vienna Vikings big.

Mechanicsburg over Triad big.

Fairbanks over West Liberty in the best OHC game of the week. Emotional week for West Liberty, my thoughts and prayers go out to them. Some things are just bigger than football.

Greeneview over Cedarville big

Southeastern over Catholic Central big

Greenon over Madison Plains in the best OHC south game of week 8.

Projected standings

North
1. Fairbanks 6-2 - 3-0
2. Mechanicsburg 7-1 - 2-1
3. West Jefferson 6-2 - 2-1
4. West Liberty 5-3 - 1-2
5 Triad 5-3 - 1-2
6 Northeastern 1-7 - 0-3

South
1. Greeneview 7-1 - 3-0
2. Greenon 4-4 - 2-1
3. Southeastern 3-5 - 2-1
4. Madison Plains 2-6 - 2-1
5. Cedarville 1-7 - 0-3
6. Catholic Central 0-8 - 0-3
Old 10-08-18, 10:51 AM
Varsity

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Week 8 picks!

WJ may have a slow start coming off the huge win last week... But WJ 50-10 over the helpless NE Jets... Cause as they say at NE, " Can't fix stupid but they try everyday." NE still has the worst coaching staff in the OHC!

Burg goes to Cardinals and smacks them around! 56-6

G-View 40 C-Ville 0

SE was dominated by G-View last week this week is their turn to dominate 56-6 over CC.

Greenon over Plains big! 48-0

WLS over Fairbanks in what will be a very emotion filled game. 35-22... Very well said Jet19.
Old 10-09-18, 06:13 AM
Freshman

BUDs12 is on a distinguished road
SE was dominated by G-View last week this week is their turn to dominate 56-6 over CC

SE was not dominated by Greeneview. Ask anyone who was there. The game was very close and could have been closer if SE would have capitalized on some key plays. The Trojan's freshman QB rushed for 100+ and threw for 300+. Would not refer to that as being dominated. I realize the score was 42-14, but ask their coach if he felt his team dominated our team!!??
Old 10-09-18, 07:29 AM
Junior Varsity

Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDs12 View Post
SE was not dominated by Greeneview. Ask anyone who was there. The game was very close and could have been closer if SE would have capitalized on some key plays. The Trojan's freshman QB rushed for 100+ and threw for 300+. Would not refer to that as being dominated. I realize the score was 42-14, but ask their coach if he felt his team dominated our team!!??
Lol...42-14...yea close!!
Old 10-09-18, 08:13 AM
Junior Varsity

Freshman qb..16 attempts for 52 yards rushing
13 passes for 135yds
facts...not speculation!!!
Old 10-09-18, 08:30 AM
All Region

Wink

Hey now, I don't think South Chucky is known for their math skills. 100 or 300 it's all the same.
Old 10-09-18, 08:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Hey now, I don't think South Chucky is known for their math skills. 100 or 300 it's all the same.
Jet19 i agree I get having school pride..thats what we are all on here for but wow. If u are going to post something like that you should have the facts.

Last edited by Grevw fan; 10-09-18 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Did put all in the original
Old 10-09-18, 08:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevw fan View Post
Jet19 i agree I get having school pride..thats what we are all on here for but wow. If u are going to post something like that you should have the facts.
I heard that freshman QB threw a pass went up and got a hot dog and a Coke and came back down and caught his own TD pass. Just what I heard. Lol
Old 10-09-18, 09:31 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I heard that freshman QB threw a pass went up and got a hot dog and a Coke and came back down and caught his own TD pass. Just what I heard. Lol
Yes that is exactly how it happened...all while giving high 5s to SE fans down sideline!!
Old 10-09-18, 09:48 AM
Freshman

13 passes for 135yds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OHC Website tells a different story: Passing: It had him 21 attempts, 12 completions for 129 yards, 1 TD/1 INT. Rushing:13 attempts for 98 yards.

Don't be haters boys, in person it looked a lot closer. SE up 7 at the end of 1st quarter. 14-7 GV at half........
Old 10-09-18, 10:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
13 passes for 135yds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OHC Website tells a different story: Passing: It had him 21 attempts, 12 completions for 129 yards, 1 TD/1 INT. Rushing:13 attempts for 98 yards.

Don't be haters boys, in person it looked a lot closer. SE up 7 at the end of 1st quarter. 14-7 GV at half........
Ummmm.... Don't think anyone is hating because you won a quarter???
Old 10-09-18, 10:46 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
You guys are extra hostile this season, lol
Old 10-09-18, 12:06 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
I'm loving it lmao.
Old 10-09-18, 12:07 PM
Varsity

Look Buds12... It is a 4 qtr game and great you won a qtr... but G-View ran off 35 unanswered points...! What part of 35 points unanswered isn't dominate? I mean SE did not even respond with a field goal... I do not care if SE is starting Freshman at QB, he is 6 games in!!! No longer a Freshman!
Old 10-09-18, 12:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet19 View Post
ummmm.... Don't think anyone is hating because you won a quarter???
hahahaha! Great! Hahaha
Old 10-10-18, 07:41 AM
All Region

The Jets need to raise the bar to Southeastern levels and try to win at least a quarter against West Jefferson. West Jefferson has been the jekel and Hyde of the OHC this season. Which is typical for a team coming off a great 10-0 season with a lot of Friday night light inexperience. Im a firm believer in games and momentum at the end of the season mean nothing the next fall, but the Jets need some semblance of competitiveness the next few weeks while going through the OHC North guantlet.

Really like this Fairbanks at West Liberty matchup. Is it homecoming for WLS color?? If so that will definitely help with a good crowd and atmosphere for West Liberty. I think this game will be a litmus test for West Liberty to see if they are still a top tier team this year.
Old 10-10-18, 12:31 PM
Freshman

oleballcoach45....Is the 45 your IQ or the year you were born?!?!? Hell yea your old!! I remember not too long ago Greeneview couldn't even tie their shoes, let alone put a decent football team on the field. Lets not forget the 80-6 drubbing Dewitt put on the Rams back in the lean years. Now that was DOMINATION oleboy!!
Old 10-10-18, 12:38 PM
Freshman

My bad 85-8 in 2005.......dominating, huh!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-18, 01:31 PM
Varsity

Quote:
My bad 85-8 in 2005.......dominating, huh!!!!!!!!
That is and was a simple case of no class! 42-14 no second half points... dominate defensive adjustments. SE no answers for 35 pts scored... that sounds Dominate to me, and if you want you throw '05 in there we will just for the sake of the post... Dominance! vs Classless Dominance! little bit different narratives to both games.
Old 10-10-18, 01:35 PM
Varsity

Even if 45 was my IQ it would still be higher than yours, mister 300 and 100 ie... 129 and 98... lol
Old 10-10-18, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Hey Jet19 in all seriousness, just out of curiosity hows come you do not coach somewhere?
Old 10-10-18, 02:00 PM
Freshman

spit-toon is on a distinguished road
He does from the armchair and between showing his arm strength throwing it over cat-a-waba.... Lol...just messin with ya 19
Old 10-11-18, 05:42 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Glad to have a Trojan poster on here the Freshman Qb is going to be a good one and SE has potential going forward, I like the passion. He will probably put up some big numbers this week vs SCC.

The WLS vs Fairbanks game is the game of the week with out a doubt. I would not be at all surprised if there is 75+ total points scored in this one. Matches up two of the most accurate passers in the OHC that both have weapons to throw to. I do not have a real good guess of how it turns out, either team is capable of winning by 2 scores. West Liberty needs this one for league title and playoff hopes. Just have to see how Friday night football plays out.

Burg vs Triad, the rivalry with the backyard neighbors always has some great moments. over the past 10 or so years the teams have been opposite of each other in the up or down cycle with the exception of 2013 that was a heck of ball game with great emotion from both sides. I think Triad is much improved and a pretty good football team that if the Burg comes out and goes through the motion with out fire and great execution will give us a real hard time. I'm sure Triad wants to get a statement win and probably have this one circled by a lot of people on a lot of levels. The Burg will have to figure out how to respond after a loss, the boy have lots of great opportunity's to play for still hope the creek is on the rise and they go after them.
Old 10-11-18, 07:05 AM
All Region

Quote:
The Jets need to raise the bar to Southeastern levels and try to win at least a quarter against West Jefferson. West Jefferson has been the jekel and Hyde of the OHC this season. Which is typical for a team coming off a great 10-0 season with a lot of Friday night light inexperience. Im a firm believer in games and momentum at the end of the season mean nothing the next fall, but the Jets need some semblance of competitiveness the next few weeks while going through the OHC North guantlet.

Really like this Fairbanks at West Liberty matchup. Is it homecoming for WLS color?? If so that will definitely help with a good crowd and atmosphere for West Liberty. I think this game will be a litmus test for West Liberty to see if they are still a top tier team this year.
No, homecoming was against SCC a few weeks back.
Old 10-11-18, 01:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Hey Jet19 in all seriousness, just out of curiosity hows come you do not coach somewhere?
Don't have a teaching degree or any real connections. My family was poor growing up so I went to work at age 16 full time at night and still helped on the farm and went to school. The only reason I have a degree at all (not a teaching) is due to the GI Bill. As much as I like small school football it's still a good buddy system when it comes to coaching. Which is pretty much par for most professions. Not whining, just saying facts are facts. It's who ya know not what you know or are capable of.
Old 10-11-18, 04:44 PM
All District

Cville-OMW is on a distinguished road
Now that is a bunch of good entertainment in some of those posts!!! Week 8 already and it is homestretch run for North teams as the several in the South fights for 2nd place.

SE over CC - it looks like 0-ffer for CC and SE qb will be kissing the cheerleaders before game over

Greenview over Cedarville - Cedarville has surprised me with a run of losses given how they played against WJ...........Greenview rolls in hope of getting that home playoff game

WLS over Fbanks - I would not call this upset, but I think many would..........I think WLS defense will make plays to keep them in game, especially at home and they will pull out a close one by 3-6 points

Greenon over MP - Plains 2 game win streak comes to an end even at home

Burg over Triad - Burg drills Triad to remind them while they have improved, they are not quite ready for top teams of North. No problem with focus for BURG, coach will have them ready after tough loss last week

WJ over NE - WJ picked up key win last week against rival and learned a few things about themselves (i.e. the senior QB can throw the ball)......hopefully NE can get something going

Good luck to all...........looking forward to another HS Friday night football
Old 10-11-18, 05:11 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't have a teaching degree or any real connections. My family was poor growing up so I went to work at age 16 full time at night and still helped on the farm and went to school. The only reason I have a degree at all (not a teaching) is due to the GI Bill. As much as I like small school football it's still a good buddy system when it comes to coaching. Which is pretty much par for most professions. Not whining, just saying facts are facts. It's who ya know not what you know or are capable of.
Thank you for your service, my guy.

In general, I’d be inclined to agree. More broadly speaking, I’ve never been a fan of “well, why don’t you coach?...”) I understand that coaching, and in general the coaching ‘lifestyle’ (if you will) is a profession that entails forms of professional sacrifice and that’s a drawback that, those who are “crazy enough” to coach willfully take on, discourages thoughtful and ambitious football minds and those who want to ‘coach to inspire’, alike.

With that said, whether you have “coach” or “[x] coach” next to your name frankly isn’t much of a qualifier to say you, personally, are more qualified to speak on a topic or speciality than the guy you talk to on Yappi. Me, personally, my old man won a state title and I played in a middle school program taught by ex-servicemen who taught pure fundamentals of the game and how to be smarter about it with every step of the game as you went on. My senior year of high school, I didn’t play for various reasons but I helped break down film for my classmates. Although they, too, had good coaches when it came to practice and understand their own schemes, they were lacking in the “hey, ‘D-line’, here’s this and heres what we need you to do THAT” department. I won’t take credit, by no means for any result that year, but I do know how much it was appreciated and responded it was to have guidance from someone other than the same 5-7 guys wearing visors or hats every year.

I guess my point here is, no one is entitled to higher levels of prestige or general respect, when it comes to an OBSERVATION or opinion, just because they decided to coach unlike the rest of their peers who are also capable of coaching but whose personal/professional demands keep them from coaching.
Old 10-12-18, 06:48 AM
All Region

Off subject, but just a bit of curiosity as my oldest son is now in 7th grade...

Over the past several years, how has pee wee and Jr. High success turned over into high school?

If it typically evolves into high school success, we could see a bit of change in the top of the OHC in the next 4-5 years. Fairbanks is fantastic at every level, Northeastern is fantastic at every level, Cedarville won the youth OHC championship last year over WLS, etc.

And there are some giants in Jr. High, haha. My son is one of the biggest in the 7th grade class at WLS at 5'3" - but when he's on the field he looks like a dwarf. There are grown men coming up through the ranks lol.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

Best of luck to everyone tonight. If any Fairbanks fans are reading this, WLS will have quite a bit going on tonight and is expecting a fairly large crowd. We are honoring the founder of our youth program (and our head coach's father) who passed away earlier this year and of course the young man who passed away earlier this week. May want to arrive a little early - Mad River Farm Market just up 68 can provide you with some good food and hoppy beverages.
Old 10-12-18, 07:22 AM
Junior Varsity

I read somewhere that Jamestown Youth Football has 120 kids in the program . 1-6th all play tackle football. I'm not sure of the impact at the next level but it has a huge following in the town . I do know the high school coach is very involved as was Kasner..i was told that Kasner is helping coach 1 of the youth teams...I think the kids also like being apart of all the events they do with the high school staff and players as well. ..for what it's worth.
Old 10-12-18, 07:39 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
I happened to see the West Libe.....er uh I mean the Urbana Daily Citizen sports page and the had the previews of tonight's games. I was drawn to a quote from Triads head football coach Joe Cardinal "We circled this game way back in August, It's not just about football".

I'm pretty sure he just called all of us the Dirty Burg in newspaper speak . I like it. This is also the third week in a row that the Burg opponent has referred to the Burg as their rival, also should be an honor. But if the boys don't come out with focus and fire the Cards will be ready to smack'em in the mouth I think Triad is way more than fired up and probably has been saving some stuff just for tonight like some of our other rivals!
Rock' Em!