Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 08:57 AM
Junior Varsity

Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Red, I don't recall reading anything like that at all. Pre-Crowning? Let's just say until someone takes the title from them, they are the CHAMPS of the PAC. Recruits/ It's a fact. Wright, Hettich D1. Johnson D2/D3. No brag, just fact.
Young, your coments might have got the orrville faithful wound up, but donít think for a minute our boys will be looking pass Manchester, still a dangerous team.
Old 10-11-18, 09:01 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Red, you just won't let up on the old guy, will you? LOL. Actually, he's been pretty good about going on the field this year, except for the clowns at Tuslaw and vs Triway (they had your CVCA game).
Young, I think the lack of love for France, comes from his efforts over the years from him voting and politicking to keep us out of the pac for so many years.
Old 10-11-18, 09:05 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
That was the talk in this thread preseason. Even if what you say is the truth then Manchester has two D1 caliber recruits and a very good small program recruit. The talent jump from good high school player to just average D3 college player is huge. Next levels are even higher. The talent pool at the Div V high school level is limited. Most schools in Div IV-VII never see that kind of talent in that concentration ever unless they are private schools who embrace their advantage. Schools with that kind of talent dominate similar size schools. Manchester should be undefeated and crushing teams with the schedule they play if the talent is what it is claimed to be. The other thing could be what you say and that it is the coaching. I have friends who tell me about the problems with the D coordinator. That is nothing new. I have not seen Manchester play in almost three years so I do not know what the issue is with the offense.
stizo, it takes more than 2 D1 recruits to make a program. Hettich is dominant on O-line and hard to handle on the D-line. Wright is contributing as expected, but there is only so much he can do offensively being the main threat and being keyed on. Plus, he has made a few bad decisions by trying to do too much sometimes. Defensively, he has been beaten on more than one occasion. In terms of experience, this is a young team. There are at least 7-8 players with very little or no Varsity experience starting. I believe they have over achieved to this point in the season. Now, it is up to the coordinators to put it together. An added issue is their Special Teams are lacking in their blocking. They can't get Johnson loose on KO's because the kicks are either away from him or squibbed. On punts, they have now put both Wright and Johnson back, but teams are not kicking to them. I believe that the coordinators have not developed enough options to combat the remaining 3 games. That being said, I do believe that they will be competitive and squeak into the playoffs.
Old 10-11-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Week 8
Loudonville @ CVCA
Fairless @ Northwest
Orrville @ Manchester
Tuslaw @ Triway
Old 10-11-18, 09:32 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
To me this in when Manchester is most dangerous, coming off of a loss to a rival where they really didn't play all that well. I fully expect them to come out ready on Friday. This is a good Orville team, if they can keep everyone academically eligible after next week they can make some noise in the playoffs.
100% agree about a "wounded" Panther being dangerous. 19 straight PAC wins and now a loss. They don't want a losing streak in the PAC. This will be a "kitchen sink" game for them....win by any means necessary. Even if it means trying to get the Red Riders off their game by trying to stir up emotions.

My fear is that this game gets chippy, especially if Riders are up big late. Parks got tossed against Manchester last year (Assist on the ejection by Jojo France).
Old 10-11-18, 12:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Young, I think the lack of love for France, comes from his efforts over the years from him voting and politicking to keep us out of the pac for so many years.
red, you are probably correct. FYI, there are many Manchester fans who know the workings of him from his scheduling, All-Pac selections and such. I also that we don't have a repeat of last year's issues. There was a concern with Northwest and that type of stuff, but it never happened. Let's hope the administrations do as well this week.
Old 10-11-18, 05:25 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
red, you are probably correct. FYI, there are many Manchester fans who know the workings of him from his scheduling, All-Pac selections and such. I also that we don't have a repeat of last year's issues. There was a concern with Northwest and that type of stuff, but it never happened. Let's hope the administrations do as well this week.
Agree, hope itís all about football should be a good game
Old 10-11-18, 06:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Young, your coments might have got the orrville faithful wound up, but donít think for a minute our boys will be looking pass Manchester, still a dangerous team.
Red, hopefully the staff will put it all together tomorrow. I look for a real donnybrook. We need this to share the PAC-7 Title, because I don't see the Red Riders losing to anyone else in the regular season.
Old 10-11-18, 08:03 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I just want a game that is officiated fairly and played clean. Let the best team win...by about 30! GO RED RIDERS!!
Old 10-12-18, 08:16 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Red, hopefully the staff will put it all together tomorrow. I look for a real donnybrook. We need this to share the PAC-7 Title, because I don't see the Red Riders losing to anyone else in the regular season.
If Orrville beats Manchester and CVCA beats Loudonville, Orrville clinches a share at worst, because everyone else in the league will have at least 2 league losses.

Game is on Wooster radio (104.5) and WQKT.com for anyone that can't make it.
Old 10-12-18, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Anyone making the trip to Panthertown tonight will have to endure senior night. And it’s not just football, it’s every sport one at a time. I hope they do XC first so I can get back to the car quicker (brrrrr)
Old 10-12-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

END 1Q:
Orrville 14
Manchester 0

Tuslaw 14
Triway 0

Northwest 8
Fairless 0

CVCA 21
Loudonville 0
Old 10-12-18, 07:30 PM
All Yappi

HALFTIME:
Manchester 37
Orrville 24

Orrville led 21-0, Manchester recovered 3 onside kicks.

CVCA 28
Loudonville 7

Tuslaw 28
Triway 7

Northwest 28
Fairless 6
Old 10-12-18, 07:54 PM
All Yappi

END 3Q:
CVCA 34
Loudonville 21

Tuslaw 41
Triway 7

Northwest 36
Fairless 6

No 3Q updates from Manchester/Orrville yet
Old 10-12-18, 08:30 PM
All Ohio

How has Orrville won any games? They are horrible!!!
Old 10-12-18, 08:43 PM
Varsity

Mr. Lincoln is on a distinguished road
Manchester 60 Orrville. 31 with 5 minutes to go.
Old 10-12-18, 08:57 PM
All Yappi

FINALS:
Manchester 67
Orrville 31

CVCA 47
Loudonville 28

Tuslaw 41
Triway 14

Northwest 36
Fairless 6
Old 10-12-18, 09:18 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
I was there for the 2nd half, what a beat down! That 2nd half Manchester team will easily win the region!
Old 10-12-18, 09:55 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Manchester, I can't imagine the shock the folks in Orville got after being up 21-0. Sounds like they got a little cocky and the Panthers gave them some act right the rest of the game.
Old 10-12-18, 10:13 PM
All District

Grendel is on a distinguished road
Seemed Orville crowded the line of scrimmage and once Manchester's backs reached the secondary, no one there. I think most of Manchester's TD's were long runs. Good game for Panthers to get back on track.
Old 10-13-18, 05:44 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Can someone explain the onside kick to me? You can't advance an onside kick in high school unless possession by the receiving team occurs and then it's a fumble and not a muff.
Old 10-13-18, 06:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Can someone explain the onside kick to me? You can't advance an onside kick in high school unless possession by the receiving team occurs and then it's a fumble and not a muff.
Those 3 onside kicks were the nail in the coffin. I watched a team with full momentum basically shut down and turn into a team on its heels. BTW #21s mom is a hot mess. I was talking with the firemen when a Panther blew up #21 out of bounds and we were talking about how he got blown up and she started cussing us out. I hope sheís not in charge of making jelly out there
Old 10-13-18, 06:56 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Those 3 onside kicks were the nail in the coffin. I watched a team with full momentum basically shut down and turn into a team on its heels. BTW #21s mom is a hot mess. I was talking with the firemen when a Panther blew up #21 out of bounds and we were talking about how he got blown up and she started cussing us out. I hope sheís not in charge of making jelly out there
We almost got back in our game with them because they can't seem to recover onside kicks.
Old 10-13-18, 06:57 AM
All American

Quote:
That is correct, same rules apply to punts.
Old 10-13-18, 08:33 AM
All District

Orrville plays probably their worst game of the season and Manchester played the best second half of their season and it snowballed on Orrville. We are MUCH better than that. I am already looking forward to a regional final rematch!
Old 10-13-18, 08:36 AM
All Region

Wow! 67-31, I've never seen anything quite like that before. Some thoughts: 1, The big thought is Orrville's inability to field the on-side kicks 3 times in a row. 2, the strategy of the T formation using Foster and Wright and then sprinkling in Johnson proved to be a pretty good plan. Didn't look like Orrville had any adjustment to that. 3, challenging Johnson on the kickoffs. That's the most he has been kicked to this year. 2 great returns for field position. 4, coaching was definitely the difference. Down 21-0 and winning big, wow!
Old 10-13-18, 10:10 AM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
I just want a game that is officiated fairly and played clean. Let the best team win...by about 30! GO RED RIDERS!!
How about by 36?
Old 10-13-18, 12:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
That is correct, same rules apply to punts.
Why and how did Manchester score on an onside recovery?
Old 10-13-18, 12:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Why and how did Manchester score on an onside recovery?
Refs got that one wrong.
Old 10-13-18, 02:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
Refs got that one wrong.
I assumed that to be the case, but just wondering what explanation could have been given to justify that play staying.