Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-18, 08:16 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
I heard there were several late hits on Wright last week.
123, you are correct. Not only late hits, but threats of breaking his arm. He's a tough kid, but it was not pretty. They also twisted Johnson's ankle in the pile on a KO return. Had to leave game for a couple of series to get it taped. There were a couple of Tuslaw players who got away with a lot. Officiating was awful. Contrary to another incident, Foster suffered cramps, not any intended injury. France was on the field more than Manchester's punter talking to the Refs. LOL.
Old 09-18-18, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
France was on the field more than Manchester's punter talking to the Refs. LOL.
Not uncommon. LoL
Old 09-19-18, 07:46 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Not uncommon. LoL
Pit, I think that's all he is allowed to do. LOL.
Old 09-19-18, 08:05 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I am already expecting to see a BIG HOMER job over there when Orrville comes to town in a couple of weeks. Phantom flags will be flying from the ref on their sideline all night.
Old 09-19-18, 08:54 AM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
I am already expecting to see a BIG HOMER job over there when Orrville comes to town in a couple of weeks. Phantom flags will be flying from the ref on their sideline all night.
HS Football is the one sport where refs absolutely can decide the outcome of a game. I've seen it many times in two seasons after being away from HS football for a couple of decades.
Old 09-19-18, 08:55 AM
All Region

Quote:
Old, if you're talking Tuslaw, you are 100% correct. The guy who worked their sideline was absolutely horrible. Phantom calls all night. I bet he called over 75% of the penalties.
Old 09-19-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old, if you're talking Tuslaw, you are 100% correct.
I don't think he was. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams...1210&year=2018
Old 09-19-18, 09:45 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFootball View Post
Orrville might have the most talented player in school history on their team right now. The scary part is that he's far from a completed player. He should only get better in the coming years. Last night was special watching him play. Looked the best I've seen him against a Northwest team that is pretty good.
808 rushing, 11 TDs
55 receiving, 1 TD
192 KOR yards(2 attempts..LOL), 2 TD's
92 PR yards, 1 TD
1 INT for 25 yards, 1 TD

His 330 yds on 12 attempts last week was a school record that has stood since 1999 (DeMarkus Robinson).

16 TD's in 4 games. I'd bet all but a few of those have come from beyond 40 yards. Nearly impossible to catch if he gets to the 2nd level.

Video game numbers.
Old 09-19-18, 09:55 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
Orrville is going to have to win a bunch of league games because the two teams they beat in non-conference aren't going to give them many wins, if any.
This is my concern. CVCA and Manchester are going to be the big "points" games. If you lose both you'll probably sneak in at 7-3...but maybe out as well.

IMO, they have to win 1 of those games, and not slip up anywhere else. Lots of teams in the region (Gilmour, LaBrae, Beachwood, Wickliffe and others) with weak schedules that could easily win 8 or 9 games.

Lex & NW will win a few more, North will go 0-10.
Old 09-19-18, 10:29 AM
Junior Varsity

Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Come on Old Rider your not suggesting there is a bit of Home Cooking going on in panther country, might I suggest we get France one of those striped referees pull overs that they use in flag football, he could slide on when he walks on the field to chirp in the refs ear, maybe he could throw a flag or two while he is out there.
Old 09-19-18, 11:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Come on Old Rider your not suggesting there is a bit of Home Cooking going on in panther country, might I suggest we get France one of those striped referees pull overs that they use in flag football, he could slide on when he walks on the field to chirp in the refs ear, maybe he could throw a flag or two while he is out there.
Red, if you're talking Manchester, I suggest you look at last year's film and then decide who has bad officiating. If not talking Manchester, forget my suggestion.
Old 09-19-18, 06:01 PM
Junior Varsity

[QUOTE=Youngguy;7117966]Red, if you're talking Manchester, I suggest you look at last year's film and then decide who has bad officiating. If not talking Manchester, forget my suggestion.[/QUOTE

Young not sure if this is what you mean, but if your referring to your player getting ejected as bad reffing for the late hit, donít think I could agree with you, we also lost a player for a bad decision in that game. But as far as that late hit, the whistle blew, I think we had a water break, cleaned our cleats, had tea and crumpets, lined up for the next play, then your guy tackled our back.
Old 09-19-18, 06:26 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Red Rider fan;7118238]
Quote:
Red, if you're talking Manchester, I suggest you look at last year's film and then decide who has bad officiating. If not talking Manchester, forget my suggestion.[/QUOTE

Young not sure if this is what you mean, but if your referring to your player getting ejected as bad reffing for the late hit, donít think I could agree with you, we also lost a player for a bad decision in that game. But as far as that late hit, the whistle blew, I think we had a water break, cleaned our cleats, had tea and crumpets, lined up for the next play, then your guy tackled our back.
Red, I guess it depends on what view you have in the stands as to what happens in a game. Once again, I didn't know in your previous post if you were referring to Tuslaw or not. Regardless, high school officiating has become a bigger joke every year.
Old 09-19-18, 07:58 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I was just referring to the MANY years the Red Riders have come over to France field only to witness some special treatment for the home team...and that goes for just about EVERY team that has stepped foot in that stadium in coach France’s tenure. AOL, AOC, PAC and independents teams have all got the treatment.
Old 09-19-18, 08:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
I was just referring to the MANY years the Red Riders have come over to France field only to witness some special treatment for the home team...and that goes for just about EVERY team that has stepped foot in that stadium in coach Franceís tenure. AOL, AOC, PAC and independents teams have all got the treatment.
Old. Ok, I'm sure you believe that it only happens at MHS. There's no way it would ever happen any where else. Not going to argue with you. As a famous coach once said, "I can only go by what I see." Good luck to you.
Old 09-20-18, 05:06 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
123, you are correct. Not only late hits, but threats of breaking his arm. He's a tough kid, but it was not pretty. They also twisted Johnson's ankle in the pile on a KO return. Had to leave game for a couple of series to get it taped. There were a couple of Tuslaw players who got away with a lot. Officiating was awful. Contrary to another incident, Foster suffered cramps, not any intended injury. France was on the field more than Manchester's punter talking to the Refs. LOL.
I'm fairly certain they broke his arm or leg in 8th grade.
Old 09-20-18, 06:03 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Red, if you're talking Manchester, I suggest you look at last year's film and then decide who has bad officiating. If not talking Manchester, forget my suggestion.
That video was posted on here. Clear as day it was a late hit that started everything. Not a depends on where you sit deal.

Officiating for years has been bad at Manchester. How is it that I've seen flags for sideline warnings and have never seen one thrown for France as he takes 20 minutes to walk into the middle of the field for a 1 way discussion with the official? I'd say he has 90% rate on the flag being picked up at that point which is ridiculous. You can't tell me it's a misinterpretation of a rule. Most the time I've seen it's a holding call or something similar.
Old 09-20-18, 07:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
That video was posted on here. Clear as day it was a late hit that started everything. Not a depends on where you sit deal.

Officiating for years has been bad at Manchester. How is it that I've seen flags for sideline warnings and have never seen one thrown for France as he takes 20 minutes to walk into the middle of the field for a 1 way discussion with the official? I'd say he has 90% rate on the flag being picked up at that point which is ridiculous. You can't tell me it's a misinterpretation of a rule. Most the time I've seen it's a holding call or something similar.
Eyes, okay.
Old 09-20-18, 09:13 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Shrock did it just as bad as France when he was at Smithville

Pollack at Mogadore did it too when he was there

Ole Reno is on field more than sideline in any big red game you watch, I thought it was just cuz they had a tight sideline at home, NOPE

and yes France does it too. Biggest cry baby to refs I have ever seen??? Adorni who is HC at Mogadore now. I once saw and heard him stop a game and complain the defense was making their calls too loud - not saying the cadence cuz the defense was saying move and shift and mogadore was saying set go - but that the defense was saying it too loud and hard and drawing the mogadore line off sides.

True story - definitely the biggest cry baby - and the fact that he dodges Manchester every year for a game.
Old 09-20-18, 10:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

Ole Reno is on field more than sideline in any big red game you watch, I thought it was just cuz they had a tight sideline at home, NOPE

and yes France does it too. Biggest cry baby to refs I have ever seen??? Adorni who is HC at Mogadore now. I once saw and heard him stop a game and complain the defense was making their calls too loud - not saying the cadence cuz the defense was saying move and shift and mogadore was saying set go - but that the defense was saying it too loud and hard and drawing the mogadore line off sides.

True story - definitely the biggest cry baby - and the fact that he dodges Manchester every year for a game.
Football, thanks for your input. It's a never ending story about coaches and refs. Everybody has one.
Old 09-20-18, 12:26 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

Watched Schrock quite a bit. His walk to and from the official was at a brisk pace compared to France.
Old 09-20-18, 01:24 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Man this is great!!! Imagine how great this thread will be when Manchester plays CVCA or Orrville rather than the worst team In the whole world. Can’t wait
Old 09-20-18, 01:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Man this is great!!! Imagine how great this thread will be when Manchester plays CVCA or Orrville rather than the worst team In the whole world. Canít wait
Chin, are you saying we have a chance tomorrow? Our DC has been consistent in allowing teams to look better than they really are. The prevailing thought was that Brophy would make a difference. Either he hasn't or Forret doesn't listen.
Old 09-20-18, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
I’m saying the second half will end way faster than the 1st half. I met Forret at one of those AM radio sports award banquets after the winter sports concluded last year. Nice guy, he said he’s been coaching there a loooong time
Old 09-20-18, 02:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Iím saying the second half will end way faster than the 1st half. I met Forret at one of those AM radio sports award banquets after the winter sports concluded last year. Nice guy, he said heís been coaching there a loooong time
If you are correct, maybe they should work on their passing game the first half.
Not going to win down the road just running the ball. Wright and Johnson are excellent receivers. They can't double team both of them. Pajlich is a very capable TE and Foster is a good receiver. THEY MUST develop a passing game for Orrville, CVCA and, hopefully, the playoffs. Forret? I've known him since he was a youngster. I speak of his coaching not his personality. I believe he took over when Doc Robinson became Superintendent. And, he is no Doc, believe me.
Old 09-21-18, 08:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
If you are correct, maybe they should work on their passing game the first half.
Not going to win down the road just running the ball. Wright and Johnson are excellent receivers. They can't double team both of them. Pajlich is a very capable TE and Foster is a good receiver. THEY MUST develop a passing game for Orrville, CVCA and, hopefully, the playoffs. Forret? I've known him since he was a youngster. I speak of his coaching not his personality. I believe he took over when Doc Robinson became Superintendent. And, he is no Doc, believe me.

Young, our offense has been similar, we have done some short stuff, and one or two long passes,but nothing like years passed, our problem was our QB got banged up in a scrimmage, but last week looked like he was back to his old self. Hopefully our coaches get our ends and receivers out of the garage to blow the dust off, because I suspect the rest of the season we are going to need all hand on deck,it would be nice to get that part of the game rolling as we get into the grind thatís coming up.
Old 09-21-18, 09:11 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Young, our offense has been similar, we have done some short stuff, and one or two long passes,but nothing like years passed, our problem was our QB got banged up in a scrimmage, but last week looked like he was back to his old self. Hopefully our coaches get our ends and receivers out of the garage to blow the dust off, because I suspect the rest of the season we are going to need all hand on deck,it would be nice to get that part of the game rolling as we get into the grind thatís coming up.
Red, a similar sentiment. I suspect many teams are in that situation, but I don't care about them. LOL.
Old 09-21-18, 12:55 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Orrville guys complaining about home cooking! That's rich. I can remember a few games from the late 70s/early 80s where MHS fans might have made similar claims. It's all good.
Old 09-21-18, 01:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Orrville guys complaining about home cooking! That's rich. I can remember a few games from the late 70s/early 80s where MHS fans might have made similar claims. It's all good.
You've done it now top cat, your going to get old rider all stirred up.
Old 09-21-18, 09:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Any score updates
Orrville 35 to tuslaw 0