Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 09-11-18, 12:21 PM
WCFootball WCFootball is online now
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-18
Posts: 13
WCFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
I doubt the coaches and kids overlook anyone. I as a fan can. It's very easy to see the tiers in this league.

Loudonville has won 1 game in 3 years. Had a great and unexpected win against Hillsdale, but they aren't in the area of Manchester and CVCA. They are still a relatively young team with a complete change in philosophy in coaching.

Fairless is very average. Not in the top. Tuslaw is right there with them. They beat an ok Chippewa. Lost to a good West Holmes team by a lot and struggled a bit in the opener against a team that might only win 1 more game this year. Triway lost bad to open and won against two winless teams that would probably go winless if they didn't play each other.

NW and Orrville are the most intriguing and are tough games. No doubt. One of them could spoil a CVCA/Man title game.

History tells us though that Manchester will find a way through all the "problems". CVCA is the deepest team right now and a tight loss to Aurora says a lot about them.

Red, are you happy I gave your team some credit? I don't want to hurt the feelings of anyone by claiming that the two best teams in the league might actually be the two best teams without much to argue until someone else steps up.
Agree with assessments of Orrville and Triway. I have seen both this year in person, the last few years, and on the TV. Orrville has talent. They have lacked consistency. They could beat the best and then lose to the worst in back to back weeks. Triway is good against the bad teams and not very good against the good teams. West Holmes is always a tough game. Watching them let a bad Waynedale team in the game was disappointing.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-11-18, 01:10 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFootball View Post
Agree with assessments of Orrville and Triway. I have seen both this year in person, the last few years, and on the TV. Orrville has talent. They have lacked consistency. They could beat the best and then lose to the worst in back to back weeks. Triway is good against the bad teams and not very good against the good teams. West Holmes is always a tough game. Watching them let a bad Waynedale team in the game was disappointing.
WC, you seem fairly knowledgeable. What's your thoughts on the Panthers vs Tuslaw? They seem to run the ball very effectively and have some decent receivers. Line seems aggressive. Defensively, not so sure.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-11-18, 01:12 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
WC, you seem fairly knowledgeable. What's your thoughts on the Panthers vs Tuslaw? They seem to run the ball very effectively and have some decent receivers. Line seems aggressive. Defensively, not so sure.
Tuslaw will be a good game, however they have zero match up for Wright. He will probably score at will.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-11-18, 08:03 PM
gamblingfool gamblingfool is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-08-03
Location: Las Vegas, Neveda
Posts: 782
gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
How good is Cvca?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-12-18, 07:48 AM
thePITman thePITman is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,427
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
How good is Cvca?
Very good.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-12-18, 07:50 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
Tuslaw will be a good game, however they have zero match up for Wright. He will probably score at will.
Maybe an opportunity to get the passing game in gear?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-12-18, 11:09 AM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
How good is Cvca?
Only loss was to Aurora by 1 on a fluke play in the fourth quarter. If they stay healthy look out.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-12-18, 11:47 AM
NEOballer NEOballer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-27-12
Posts: 148
NEOballer is on a distinguished road
How about a way too early look at playoff numbers. How many PAC team make the postseason this year?

D5, R17 - http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...n=17&year=2018
Manchester 7
Orrville 11
Fairless 12
Tuslaw 13
Triway 15

D4, R13 - http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...n=13&year=2018
CVCA 9
Northwest 13

D6, R22 - http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...n=22&year=2018
Loudonville 12
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-12-18, 11:58 AM
Mr. General Mr. General is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-01
Location: Wooster/Avon Lake OH
Posts: 345
Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Orrville is going to have to win a bunch of league games because the two teams they beat in non-conference aren't going to give them many wins, if any.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-12-18, 02:38 PM
Red Rider fan Red Rider fan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 31
Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Mr. General;7110446]Orrville is going to have to win a bunch of league games because the two teams they beat in non-conference aren't going to give them many wins, if any
you are right general, Lexington could possibly get a Game or two, but the Akron team most likely would not. Actually felt a little sad on that Akron game in the fourth quarter we had our freshman in and I think half our fans were rooting for them to put some points on the board, wish them all the luck. It would be nice to get Norwayne back for that game, good rivalry, good attendance, and possible for each team to get some points. Ever since we got out of the OCC we have had trouble with that nonleague game
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 09-14-18, 08:53 PM
eyeguy eyeguy is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-06-09
Posts: 82
eyeguy is on a distinguished road
Orrville wins 55-14 over NW.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-14-18, 09:22 PM
Red Rider fan Red Rider fan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 31
Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeguy View Post
Orrville wins 55-14 over NW.

Could have been closer NW fumbled twice inside our 20. Tuff QB for NW kids a player.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-14-18, 10:02 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Manchester 48- Tuslaw 26.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-14-18, 10:42 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
CVCA 35 Fairless 7
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-14-18, 11:28 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,653
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Loudonville 47 Triway 7
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-15-18, 11:09 AM
Red Rider fan Red Rider fan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 31
Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Loudonville 47 Triway 7

Pitman thought Triway would have a decent. Year could you shed some light on this game, is Loudonville getting better as some of us have mentioned, or did triway have a off night, I did not put to much stock in the triway-West Holmes game, most of us Wayne county teams that have played them knew they had a good team coming up this year?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-15-18, 11:46 AM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,653
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Pitman thought Triway would have a decent. Year could you shed some light on this game, is Loudonville getting better as some of us have mentioned, or did triway have a off night, I did not put to much stock in the triway-West Holmes game, most of us Wayne county teams that have played them knew they had a good team coming up this year?
PITman can offer more specifics if he wishes, but from the game article, Triway did nearly everything wrong in the 1st half:
- threw an INT for TD
- missed FG that Loudonville answered with a quick but lengthy TD drive. Triway's offense would only run 7 more plays in the 1st half after that.
- let Loudonville recover a pooch kickoff
- threw another INT
- had a punt bounce off a player's foot that was recovered by Loudonville.

Add it all up, and it was 33-0 at halftime.

Triway's lone score came on a 65 yd. run. Loudonville ran for 358 yds. and held Triway to 85 yds. of total offense.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/spor...ond-win-in-row
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-15-18, 01:47 PM
Red Rider fan Red Rider fan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 31
Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
PITman can offer more specifics if he wishes, but from the game article, Triway did nearly everything wrong in the 1st half:
- threw an INT for TD
- missed FG that Loudonville answered with a quick but lengthy TD drive. Triway's offense would only run 7 more plays in the 1st half after that.
- let Loudonville recover a pooch kickoff
- threw another INT
- had a punt bounce off a player's foot that was recovered by Loudonville.

Add it all up, and it was 33-0 at halftime.

Triway's lone score came on a 65 yd. run. Loudonville ran for 358 yds. and held Triway to 85 yds. of total offense.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/spor...ond-win-in-row
Well that will do it.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-15-18, 03:21 PM
WCFootball WCFootball is online now
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-18
Posts: 13
WCFootball is on a distinguished road
Orrville might have the most talented player in school history on their team right now. The scary part is that he's far from a completed player. He should only get better in the coming years. Last night was special watching him play. Looked the best I've seen him against a Northwest team that is pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-15-18, 06:51 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFootball View Post
Orrville might have the most talented player in school history on their team right now. The scary part is that he's far from a completed player. He should only get better in the coming years. Last night was special watching him play. Looked the best I've seen him against a Northwest team that is pretty good.
WC, with the numbers they are putting up, I think they are a legit contender in the PAC.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-15-18, 09:09 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
The biggest difference in Parks this year is that he has learned to not try and bounce everything outside. Last year he ran like a freshman. This year he looks much more comfortable staying between the tackles.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-17-18, 07:43 AM
thePITman thePITman is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,427
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Pitman thought Triway would have a decent. Year could you shed some light on this game, is Loudonville getting better as some of us have mentioned, or did triway have a off night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
PITman can offer more specifics if he wishes, but from the game article, Triway did nearly everything wrong in the 1st half
Yah, we didn't play well on Friday. But give Loudonville a lot of credit, as they played extremely well. As Slip said, lots of things went wrong early, and it was difficult playing catch-up against a very hard-nosed, tough Loudonville team. I think we are better than the score (and our play) indicated Friday. Time to bounce back and see what we're made of against Manchester. Go Titans!
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-17-18, 07:45 AM
thePITman thePITman is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,427
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Week 5
CVCA @ Northwest
Loudonville @ Fairless
Triway @ Manchester
Tuslaw @ Orrville
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-17-18, 10:15 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Yah, we didn't play well on Friday. But give Loudonville a lot of credit, as they played extremely well. As Slip said, lots of things went wrong early, and it was difficult playing catch-up against a very hard-nosed, tough Loudonville team. I think we are better than the score (and our play) indicated Friday. Time to bounce back and see what we're made of against Manchester. Go Titans!
Pit, what are your thoughts on the Manchester game?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-17-18, 01:05 PM
thePITman thePITman is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,427
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Pit, what are your thoughts on the Manchester game?
Never easy playing at Manchester.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-17-18, 07:00 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Never easy playing at Manchester.
hmmmm, are you insinuating that Triway may have a hard time with the officals?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-18-18, 08:28 AM
thePITman thePITman is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,427
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
hmmmm, are you insinuating that Triway may have a hard time with the officals?
Haha! Probably not. They're just a tough team to beat at home. Unique and fun atmosphere to play a competitive football game.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-18-18, 09:11 AM
Red Rider fan Red Rider fan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 31
Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
hmmmm, are you insinuating that Triway may have a hard time with the officals?

I remember back in the 80's when we shared a league with them (AOC OR AOL not sure ) we had a couple of fast backs and they would let there field grow enough to lose a small child in
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-18-18, 11:07 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 282
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
I remember back in the 80's when we shared a league with them (AOC OR AOL not sure ) we had a couple of fast backs and they would let there field grow enough to lose a small child in
Red, with the speed both teams have, don't think that's going to be the case. BTW, Refs can't be any worse than what we had at Tuslaw and they didn't cut their grass. Right now worried about Triway.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-18-18, 08:04 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,244
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Red, with the speed both teams have, don't think that's going to be the case. BTW, Refs can't be any worse than what we had at Tuslaw and they didn't cut their grass. Right now worried about Triway.
I heard there were several late hits on Wright last week.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 621 10-22-18 08:03 AM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
OAC Grade School District at Oregon Clay HS January 14, 2018 jarhead2 Wrestling 5 01-11-18 09:03 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz