Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-05-18, 07:03 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Week 3
CVCA @ Canton South
Dalton @ Fairless
Hillsdale @ Loudonville
New Philadelphia @ Northwest
Lexington @ Orrville
Triway @ Waynedale
Chippewa @ Tuslaw
Manchester is idle
CVCA by 7
Fairless by 3
Hillsdale by 35
NP by 21
Orrville by 14
Triway by 14
Chippewa by 21
Won't guess Manchester. No idea about this PA team.

4-3 for PAC with a shot at 5 I guess.
Old 09-05-18, 07:26 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
CVCA by 7
Fairless by 3
Hillsdale by 35
NP by 21
Orrville by 14
Triway by 14
Chippewa by 21
Won't guess Manchester. No idea about this PA team.

4-3 for PAC with a shot at 5 I guess.
Big, fast & physical. Throw 95% of time. Why are they playing them? Good question.
Old 09-05-18, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Playing @ Sharpsville PA. Saturday.
Thanks for the correction. I was just going off of JoeEitel. I'll tweet him the update.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams...=936&year=2018
Old 09-07-18, 12:50 PM
Freshman

WCFootball is on a distinguished road
Lexington has the OSU commit correct? Is he playing tonight?
Old 09-07-18, 09:07 PM
Varsity

eyeguy is on a distinguished road
Yes, He played and is big and fast, but it takes more than 1 player to win. Orrville won tonight 57-21 or something like that. Orrville has some offensive weapons, but needs to control themselves. When your up by 30 just let it go.
Old 09-07-18, 09:09 PM
Varsity

Triway wins, Fairless wins , Tuslaw wins, and Loudonville wins.
Old 09-07-18, 09:15 PM
Varsity

Northwest lost by 1 and CVCA won.
Old 09-07-18, 09:35 PM
All Yappi

Week 3 Scores
CVCA 32 Canton South 3
Fairless 28 Dalton 21
Loudonville 21 Hillsdale 11
New Philadelphia 21 Northwest 20
Orrville 57 Lexington 21
Triway 35 Waynedale 24
Tuslaw 34 Chippewa 27
Old 09-08-18, 09:56 PM
All Region

Manchester 52 Sharpsville 21
Old 09-09-18, 06:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Manchester 52 Sharpsville 21
Once again.... Manchester fans complain and moan. They claim all is wrong and coaches can't agree or figure it out. Complain about the schedule and it's strength. Blah blah blah.

Once again, PAC is theirs to lose. Will see a couple challenges, but in the end they will make the playoffs. They will play for PAC title against CVCA.
Old 09-10-18, 09:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Once again.... Manchester fans complain and moan. They claim all is wrong and coaches can't agree or figure it out. Complain about the schedule and it's strength. Blah blah blah.

Once again, PAC is theirs to lose. Will see a couple challenges, but in the end they will make the playoffs. They will play for PAC title against CVCA.
eyes, I don't recall anyone claiming all is wrong. The fact is the coaches ARE arguing and one of them was right because the DB's were allowed to press and it took Sharpsville out of it's game plan! And, if anyone was complaining about the strength of schedule, I never heard it. The fact is, this is a team that is still dealing with issues. A win over a surprising weak opponent does not change the issues. They need a QB and the locker room needs to be united.
Old 09-10-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Week 4
Fairless @ CVCA
Triway @ Loudonville
Manchester @ Tuslaw
Northwest @ Orrville
Old 09-10-18, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
eyes, I don't recall anyone claiming all is wrong. The fact is the coaches ARE arguing and one of them was right because the DB's were allowed to press and it took Sharpsville out of it's game plan! And, if anyone was complaining about the strength of schedule, I never heard it. The fact is, this is a team that is still dealing with issues. A win over a surprising weak opponent does not change the issues. They need a QB and the locker room needs to be united.
Who is playing QB for the panthers?
Old 09-10-18, 11:57 AM
All Region

Mayer
Old 09-10-18, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mayer
you ride this kids D like itís personal. Thereís no worse cancer than a dad on a message board that knows it all.. you probably have a son on the team and he only has a year or two left to play. Sit back enjoy the wins, enjoy the losses and know that Nothing you complain about on here is going to change a thing
Old 09-10-18, 01:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
you ride this kids D like itís personal. Thereís no worse cancer than a dad on a message board that knows it all.. you probably have a son on the team and he only has a year or two left to play. Sit back enjoy the wins, enjoy the losses and know that Nothing you complain about on here is going to change a thing
You couldn't be further from the truth. I am a long time resident of Manchester and have no relative on the team. Friend's kids, yes. I have watched and admired this team and France for years. However, it is NOT being coached as it has been in the past. There are many, many, many parents and friends upset with the things that are going on this year. Do we want them to lose? That's absurd. Of course not. These posts are no different than posts on any other stream. Let me ask you. How involved have you been or are involved now with this program?
Old 09-10-18, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You couldn't be further from the truth. I am a long time resident of Manchester and have no relative on the team. Friend's kids, yes. I have watched and admired this team and France for years. However, it is NOT being coached as it has been in the past. There are many, many, many parents and friends upset with the things that are going on this year. Do we want them to lose? That's absurd. Of course not. These posts are no different than posts on any other stream. Let me ask you. How involved have you been or are involved now with this program?
0 involvement. I occasionally go to a game weather permitting. Iím a short time resident of New Franklin but have known the France family since I was a little fella. I donít care if youíre the Mayor of Manchester, you donít call a kid out by name on here. You could be a much better long time resident if you reassure the many many many upset parents that they are in good hands and thereís nothing you can do as parents other than back your kids and coaches. You are correct about one thing. This thread is very similar to others. Thereís always someone on the thread calling kids out by name and someone always scolding them for it
Old 09-10-18, 02:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
0 involvement. I occasionally go to a game weather permitting. Iím a short time resident of New Franklin but have known the France family since I was a little fella. I donít care if youíre the Mayor of Manchester, you donít call a kid out by name on here. You could be a much better long time resident if you reassure the many many many upset parents that they are in good hands and thereís nothing you can do as parents other than back your kids and coaches. You are correct about one thing. This thread is very similar to others. Thereís always someone on the thread calling kids out by name and someone always scolding them for it
If I understand you correctly, you accusing me of calling out a "kid by name"? If you are alluding to Mayer, Hettich, Johnson, Wright, Baker and Foster being mentioned in my posts, I plead guilty. Calling out is a pretty strong accusation. I have answered questions about different players, if that's what you mean. Let's just agree that we both want what's best for this program and agree to disagree on our thoughts. Okay?
Old 09-10-18, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, you accusing me of calling out a "kid by name"? If you are alluding to Mayer, Hettich, Johnson, Wright, Baker and Foster being mentioned in my posts, I plead guilty. Calling out is a pretty strong accusation. I have answered questions about different players, if that's what you mean. Let's just agree that we both want what's best for this program and agree to disagree on our thoughts. Okay?
Absolutely. I definitely feel like I wait for you to post something so I can give you grief. I apologize for that
GO PANTHERS!!!
Old 09-10-18, 03:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Absolutely. I definitely feel like I wait for you to post something so I can give you grief. I apologize for that
GO PANTHERS!!!
No need to apologize. It's nice to know someone looks forward to my info and thoughts. GO PANTHERS!
Old 09-10-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

Old 09-10-18, 07:23 PM
Junior Varsity

Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hey great idea to look past; Fairless Tuslaw and others, for any hope of a pac championship.
Old 09-10-18, 07:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Hey great idea to look past; Fairless Tuslaw and others, for any hope of a pac championship.
Red, I agree with you 100%, not a good idea.
Old 09-10-18, 08:30 PM
Junior Varsity

I would see if most of the other team were void of any talent, grant it Manchester and Cvca have some good players, but there is some players in the pac on all teams and I think it is careless to look past teams that have improved or matured as the kids get older. Take a team like Loudonville lots of 10th graders last year on varsity, that lost more then they should of, you canít tell me they wonít improve (as juniors) I as the season goes on. Who knows any given Friday night some team hits on all cylinders, and catches the two preordained champions on a off night. Thatís why we play the game.
Old 09-10-18, 08:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by red rider fan View Post
i would see if most of the other team were void of any talent, grant it manchester and cvca have some good players, but there is some players in the pac on all teams and i think it is careless to look past teams that have improved or matured as the kids get older. Take a team like loudonville lots of 10th graders last year on varsity, that lost more then they should of, you canít tell me they wonít improve (as juniors) i as the season goes on. Who knows any given friday night some team hits on all cylinders, and catches the two preordained champions on a off night. Thatís why we play the game.
you are correct.
Old 09-10-18, 09:59 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would see if most of the other team were void of any talent, grant it Manchester and Cvca have some good players, but there is some players in the pac on all teams and I think it is careless to look past teams that have improved or matured as the kids get older. Take a team like Loudonville lots of 10th graders last year on varsity, that lost more then they should of, you canít tell me they wonít improve (as juniors) I as the season goes on. Who knows any given Friday night some team hits on all cylinders, and catches the two preordained champions on a off night. Thatís why we play the game.
Preordained champions? The group of seniors and juniors at CVCA are the same kids that were 1-19 as freshman and sophomores. Almost all of them played significant time as 9th and 10th graders getting their arse handed to them every week.

CVCA did exactly what you stated 2 years ago and shocked Fairless for their only win in 2 years. Every team in the PAC is capable of beating one another. No PAC championships will be handed out this fall. Whoever wins it will definitely earn it.
Old 09-11-18, 05:42 AM
All American

Quote:
It's every year. The sky is falling posts come after a non league loss. Two years ago it was the schedule being too tough for the lowly Panthers. It's always something with you guys. Now it's coaches fighting over pressing DBs? You guys must be really bored over there.
Old 09-11-18, 06:07 AM
All American

Quote:
I doubt the coaches and kids overlook anyone. I as a fan can. It's very easy to see the tiers in this league.

Loudonville has won 1 game in 3 years. Had a great and unexpected win against Hillsdale, but they aren't in the area of Manchester and CVCA. They are still a relatively young team with a complete change in philosophy in coaching.

Fairless is very average. Not in the top. Tuslaw is right there with them. They beat an ok Chippewa. Lost to a good West Holmes team by a lot and struggled a bit in the opener against a team that might only win 1 more game this year. Triway lost bad to open and won against two winless teams that would probably go winless if they didn't play each other.

NW and Orrville are the most intriguing and are tough games. No doubt. One of them could spoil a CVCA/Man title game.

History tells us though that Manchester will find a way through all the "problems". CVCA is the deepest team right now and a tight loss to Aurora says a lot about them.

Red, are you happy I gave your team some credit? I don't want to hurt the feelings of anyone by claiming that the two best teams in the league might actually be the two best teams without much to argue until someone else steps up.
Old 09-11-18, 07:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
It's every year. The sky is falling posts come after a non league loss. Two years ago it was the schedule being too tough for the lowly Panthers. It's always something with you guys. Now it's coaches fighting over pressing DBs? You guys must be really bored over there.
Eyes, tell me. What team exactly is it you follow as a HS football fan? Or, do you just like bashing people? Once again, I don't recall anyone saying the schedule is too tough. Unless you are really involved with a team, how do you know what's fact and what isn't?

Last edited by Youngguy; 09-11-18 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old 09-11-18, 09:25 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I doubt the coaches and kids overlook anyone. I as a fan can. It's very easy to see the tiers in this league.

Loudonville has won 1 game in 3 years. Had a great and unexpected win against Hillsdale, but they aren't in the area of Manchester and CVCA. They are still a relatively young team with a complete change in philosophy in coaching.

Fairless is very average. Not in the top. Tuslaw is right there with them. They beat an ok Chippewa. Lost to a good West Holmes team by a lot and struggled a bit in the opener against a team that might only win 1 more game this year. Triway lost bad to open and won against two winless teams that would probably go winless if they didn't play each other.

NW and Orrville are the most intriguing and are tough games. No doubt. One of them could spoil a CVCA/Man title game.

History tells us though that Manchester will find a way through all the "problems". CVCA is the deepest team right now and a tight loss to Aurora says a lot about them.

Red, are you happy I gave your team some credit? I don't want to hurt the feelings of anyone by claiming that the two best teams in the league might actually be the two best teams without much to argue until someone else steps up.
Eyes, thanks for talking me off the ledge, I just can't help but to poke the panther (bear)