Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-06-18, 12:18 PM
Junior Varsity

bcounty1954 is on a distinguished road
Letís talk about the upcoming season instead of all of this mess..
Old 09-06-18, 12:56 PM
All Region

basketballjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Appears basketballjim was asked for specifics about OH...and he delivered.
Thanks PR. Price and his family want to stomp on other schools and disregard ethics in their own school. I agree with Bcounty, let's talk about something else.
Old 09-08-18, 06:51 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
Thanks PR. Price and his family want to stomp on other schools and disregard ethics in their own school. I agree with Bcounty, let's talk about something else.
Not really....PR.....one person's jaded perspective.

People who do this or get accused of it usually do so for game changing type of players...not role players.

You'll never get it Jim...I'm finished with this topic!
Old 09-08-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Not really....PR.....one person's jaded perspective.

People who do this or get accused of it usually do so for game changing type of players...not role players.
I have no dog in this fight, actually think Price does a good job and is above board.

Game changing vs role players is BS. Jaded or not, basketballjim made a claim, was called out to prove it. He then gave TWO specific instances (which is two more than most on this board ever provide) about OH possibly circumventing the rules.
Old 09-08-18, 10:17 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I have no dog in this fight, actually think Price does a good job and is above board.

Game changing vs role players is BS. Jaded or not, basketballjim made a claim, was called out to prove it. He then gave TWO specific instances (which is two more than most on this board ever provide) about OH possibly circumventing the rules.
Again, two instances of "possibly."

They are lies. I said I was done last time...but will be this time!

People can say whatever they want, manipulate whatever they want and make it look however they want to. When it slanders a good man and its a LIE, just hard for me to continually read.

That is all.
Old 09-10-18, 09:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Again, two instances of "possibly."

They are lies. I said I was done last time...but will be this time!

People can say whatever they want, manipulate whatever they want and make it look however they want to. When it slanders a good man and its a LIE, just hard for me to continually read.

That is all.
I provided factual material. I will NOT stoop to the level of name calling. You asked and I provided. It's your prerogative to deny or state "possibly" and "lies" but I'd be real careful on your accusations. These two examples are 100% factual. There is absolutely nothing slanderous in these two factual examples.

i told you Price went to the State on the Baze issue. It's hypocritical for this coach to report on Princeton and Baze. That's all I said! You asked and I provided.
Old 09-12-18, 08:35 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Darweshi Hunter got his first D1 offer from Central Connecticut State via his twitter page. Congrats
Old 09-12-18, 09:14 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Darweshi Hunter got his first D1 offer from Central Connecticut State via his twitter page. Congrats
Excellent news for the young man!
Old 09-14-18, 09:41 PM
All American

oxat622
So the kid balls out, has excellent statistics and GPA, looks better than a McDonalds All-American in half their games, and it's not until he enrolls in prep school, mind you not yet playing games in prep school - just taking classes, that he gets an offer. Coaches are dumb.
Old 09-17-18, 10:57 AM
All Region

I agree. It's a complete mystery. The kid was one of the top players in the city and received zero.
Old 09-20-18, 09:10 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
So the kid balls out, has excellent statistics and GPA, looks better than a McDonalds All-American in half their games, and it's not until he enrolls in prep school, mind you not yet playing games in prep school - just taking classes, that he gets an offer. Coaches are dumb.
Prep school coaches are way more connected generally speaking, plus maybe coaches felt he just needed a year of maturity- all kinds of reasons.
Old 09-20-18, 10:53 PM
All American

oxat622
Well-connected or not, he played for a known, strong division 1 program in a major city with plenty of D1 colleges within 200 miles, and alongside a McDonald's All-American. Maturity? From reports I saw he was comfortably above a 3.0 GPA. You telling me a school like Cleveland State or IUPUI couldn't use him right now?
Old 09-21-18, 01:13 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
I'm beginning to wonder if Princeton's best recent sports season (Boys Basketball last year) met all of the OHSAA requirements for eligibilty in light of the football and soccer issues released this week---maybe Princeton Administration needs to check those grades from 2017-18 school year as this appears to be systemic--hopefully it's just these sports but...
Old 09-24-18, 10:37 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Princeton's best recent sports season (Boys Basketball last year) met all of the OHSAA requirements for eligibilty in light of the football and soccer issues released this week---maybe Princeton Administration needs to check those grades from 2017-18 school year as this appears to be systemic--hopefully it's just these sports but...
I am disgusted with the state of high school sports. Princeton's latest issues, Oak Hills questionable inclusion of students who do not live in the school district, LaSalle constantly taking in transfers such as White from Princeton and Horton from West, and not sitting as part of the transfer rule. Moeller stealing kids from Mason with questionable tactics. The list goes on and on.
Old 09-24-18, 04:09 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am disgusted with the state of high school sports. Princeton's latest issues, Oak Hills questionable inclusion of students who do not live in the school district, LaSalle constantly taking in transfers such as White from Princeton and Horton from West, and not sitting as part of the transfer rule. Moeller stealing kids from Mason with questionable tactics. The list goes on and on.
You tell em Jimbo!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-18, 07:23 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Questionable tactics? Details?
Old 09-25-18, 10:39 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stealing? Should we call the police?
Old 10-03-18, 11:57 AM
All District

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
So what does Middletown look like this year? It wasn't long ago they played Moeller in the regionals. It's obviously cyclical, it would seem they are due for another great team. It would seem to me with 2 state champion coaches on the bench that they would get the best players in the school to play, and be dedicated in the offseason?
Old 10-03-18, 01:48 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike45069 View Post
So what does Middletown look like this year? It wasn't long ago they played Moeller in the regionals. It's obviously cyclical, it would seem they are due for another great team. It would seem to me with 2 state champion coaches on the bench that they would get the best players in the school to play, and be dedicated in the offseason?
EJ Williams will be missed.
Old 10-03-18, 07:24 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see Princeton and Bazley will now be part of the whole NCAA Bball case...
Old 10-03-18, 08:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Glad to see Princeton and Bazley will now be part of the whole NCAA Bball case...
D. Bazely received $'s from Dawkins per article ("Of the $19,000 I gave 5K to Sexton, 2K to Bowen, 500 to Bazley, 350 to Blossingame," the text read) --time for interim AD Tudor to check to see if Bazely and any other Princeton basketball players from last year were ineligible with the former AD Croley in charge and checking grades.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...id/1513928002/
Old 10-04-18, 09:02 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
EJ Williams will be missed.
2018 6-15 and 0-1 postseason

Can you elaborate on what you mean?
Old 10-04-18, 09:19 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
2018 6-15 and 0-1 postseason

Can you elaborate on what you mean?
1st team All-GMC, arguably the biggest post presence in the city, and just an all around good kid, is something any team would miss.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-18, 12:47 PM
All District

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to stop the princeton and oak hills bashing and just talk some basketball? Hamilton had some really good players coming back and a coach with a lot of post season success in the past, and Mason always seems to be really good. Who else this year has some good players coming back or coming up from jv? Lakota East seems to be having a lot of great seasons recently too. Really good league and looking forward to a new season and seeing if Princeton runs away with it again or if other teams battle for first.
Old 10-04-18, 02:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike45069 View Post
Is it possible to stop the princeton and oak hills bashing and just talk some basketball? Hamilton had some really good players coming back and a coach with a lot of post season success in the past, and Mason always seems to be really good. Who else this year has some good players coming back or coming up from jv? Lakota East seems to be having a lot of great seasons recently too. Really good league and looking forward to a new season and seeing if Princeton runs away with it again or if other teams battle for first.
Hey Mike45069 here is 2018-19 GMC Thread posted in March--go ahead and read and get caught up.

Early 2018-19 GMC Outlook (before transfers)
With the league champion Princeton Vikings bowing out in the Regional semi-finals vs. Wayne the GMC season ends as it did last year with Mason losing to Moeller in the Regional semi's at Wright State. 2nd place Oak Hills was a District Runner-up for the 2nd consecutive year and Lakota East returned to UD Arena after a years absence. Overall a pretty good showing for the GMC in the 17-18 season.

To get our loyal GMC posters looking ahead to the 18-19 season here is a breakdown of returning points for each team and the top returning varsity players for each school:

#1--Hamilton 47.8 ppg --returns 4 starters Robinson @17.8, Howard @17.5, Reid @5.9 and Pennington @ 3.7

#2--Colerain 35.1 ppg--returns Jones @11.1, Hatter @8.9, Wiley @8.6, and Wright @ 4.1

#3--Mason 34.2 ppg--returns Long @12.1, Howard @6.7, Cooper @4.4

#4--Fairfield 31.3 ppg--returns Turner @9.3, Brown @6.0, Caldwell @5.5, English @5.4

#5--Lakota East 26.1 ppg--returns Weiland @12.0, Mangold @5.9, Johnston @3.3, Metts @1.8, Johnson @1.8

#6--Lakota West 25.1 ppg--returns McCorkle @7.1, Oehler @5.7, Combs @5.5

#7--Sycamore 24.0 ppg--returns Yuskewich @12.4, Niblack @7.4

#8--Middletown 21.7 ppg--returns Jones @8.9, Stallworth @5.5, Powell @4.4

#9--Oak Hills 20.9 ppg--returns Moeller @9.4, Berkemeier @7.3, Hayes @4.2

#10--Princeton 19.1 ppg--returns Davis @5.7, Kennedy @4.3, Ward @3.7, Henry @2.2

The league definitely has no teams that are in single digit returning points like Middletown was following the 2016-17 season. Also it's ironic that the top 2 teams from this past season (Princeton and Oak Hills) return the fewest points, but also had the two best JV teams from this past season, so they each have talent ready to move up.

That said Hamilton should be the pre-season favorite with 47.8 points returning and 4 starters as well--will the Big Blue commit to guard well enough to win a title. Colerain showed improvement with 7 wins and return enough points to be a factor next season. Mason, Fairfield, East, Oak Hills, and Princeton had some strong seniors graduate, but also return 3 or more solid players and good JV talent moving up to be in the thick of the GMC hunt. West, Sycamore, and Middletown will be toward the bottom 3 of the league, but not far behind teams in the middle of the pack--the 2018-19 GMC should be a year of no team having a for-sure win.

Can't wait til next December!!
Old 11-06-18, 08:02 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Princeton transfer T. Harding has decided to go back to Newport. OHSAA would not allow the transfer to happen. Major blow to the Vikings. Vikenation has to get pass the Croley era asap