Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-18-12, 12:03 PM
Freshman

wrestlingfan2 is on a distinguished road
Wrestling Stat Software

I am looking for a good software program that is easy to keep stats. something that you enter the match stats and the program automatically compiles the season stats for each wrestler and career stats. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would love it to be compatible with an iPad. Please give some feed back on your favorite software.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-12, 12:31 PM
All Ohio

chidy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingfan2 View Post
I am looking for a good software program that is easy to keep stats. something that you enter the match stats and the program automatically compiles the season stats for each wrestler and career stats. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would love it to be compatible with an iPad. Please give some feed back on your favorite software.
Trackwrestling.com has a stat software program $50. I recently spoke with a rep from company and they said it compiles all stats and is tied into the OPC and works with iPad and tablets. I'm actually going to purchase today and give it a try with my Galaxy tab.
Old 11-22-12, 01:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Grinder79 is an unknown quantity at this point
iPad Stat Software

Here's a post from the Minnesota forum on this topic.
Old 09-18-15, 05:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Takedown Scoring and Stats Release 2.0 now available

Download from the Apple App Store.

Over 60,000 high school and college wrestling matches scored to date. Click here for more info.
Old 09-18-15, 05:37 PM
All Region

coach_r is on a distinguished road
We use the Takedown App. It's outstanding.
Old 09-18-15, 11:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_r View Post
Thanks, Coach_r! Which team?
Old 09-19-15, 06:06 AM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How can I search for this app? What is the actual name; or even the creator?
Old 09-19-15, 08:04 AM
All Region

We use it in Wauseon. Do a google search for Levelchanger and that will lead you to their website. I'm on their Coaches Advisory Council.
Old 09-19-15, 08:09 AM
All Region

I used to use Championship Wrestling Stats software, but it became too time consuming to put all those stats in after the fact. I wanted something we could use in real time. I used the iStats Wrestle app for one season and then the app and support for the app went away, which is when I stumbled on the Takedown app by Levelchanger. I wish I would've found that one first. Now my managers score the matches live on iPads in the app, which compiles all my stats and has a reporting feature, multiple season output, etc.
Old 12-07-15, 02:44 AM
Junior Varsity

New Release Available

Takedown Scoring and Stats Release 2.1.1 available for download.

Many thanks to the Ohio wrestling community.
Old 12-07-15, 08:04 AM
All Ohio

TheStuff142
Our Boosters purchased subscription to MatBoss program and it is pretty amazing. Difference is...you can film and keep score simultaneously on an Ipad mini. We are still learning all the little nuances, but everything is easy to correct.

Your matches automatically upload to matboss server and your kids (set account up in advance) can view their matches immediately from computer. Phone App not complete yet.

We get stats reports along with stats leaders in email Mon morning. It's pricey but does everything other programs we have played with and more...the filming is nice. We did not like Hudl for our wrestling films.
Old 12-07-15, 08:32 AM
All World

Lionattack is on a distinguished road
We are using www.matbossapp.com our hs teams and Jh teams are using it. Kids get to see matches, track stats and it is linked in with track wrestling.
Old 12-08-15, 12:27 PM
Varsity

huskerdoc is on a distinguished road
How do you do the videos and software at a tournament with multiple matches going at once. Does each stat have a hand held?
Old 12-08-15, 01:17 PM
All World

Lionattack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc View Post
How do you do the videos and software at a tournament with multiple matches going at once. Does each stat have a hand held?
We have the app on multiple iPads. the app is free and you can put it on multiple iPads
Old 12-08-15, 02:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I used to use Championship Wrestling Stats software, but it became too time consuming to put all those stats in after the fact. I wanted something we could use in real time. I used the iStats Wrestle app for one season and then the app and support for the app went away, which is when I stumbled on the Takedown app by Levelchanger. I wish I would've found that one first. Now my managers score the matches live on iPads in the app, which compiles all my stats and has a reporting feature, multiple season output, etc.
Is this iPhone and/or Android compatible?
Old 10-11-16, 01:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Takedown Scoring and Stats -- Release 2.4 Available

Takedown Scoring and Stats release 2.4 is available for download from the App Store. All users should update to this version. For more information on new features, click here. This is a significant release with many new and powerful features as well as an option for scoring unlimited matches.

There's also a new version of Takedown LIVE that uses a real-time database for faster updates. Takedown Scoring and Stats posts to Takedown LIVE in a second or two. Also, no more refresh required.

Good luck this season.

Jack Moses
LevelChanger
Old 10-11-16, 06:10 AM
All District

boats19 is on a distinguished road
If you are a high school team, each team in Ohio has to use trackwrestling for alpha weight tracking and have to pay to use it. Might as well use it for your in season stats also.
Old 10-11-16, 08:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder79 View Post
Takedown Scoring and Stats release 2.4 is available for download from the App Store. All users should update to this version. For more information on new features, click here. This is a significant release with many new and powerful features as well as an option for scoring unlimited matches.

There's also a new version of Takedown LIVE that uses a real-time database for faster updates. Takedown Scoring and Stats posts to Takedown LIVE in a second or two. Also, no more refresh required.

Good luck this season.

Jack Moses
LevelChanger
Do iPhones and/or Android phones work?
We don't have iPads or tablets and don't have the $ to buy them but just about everyone has a cell phone
Old 10-11-16, 01:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Phone compatibility, iPad Cost

Chidy--

Most phones, except for perhaps the very largest, don't have enough screen area to easily score a match. Takedown Scoring and Stats is iPad only. Takedown LIVE will run on any compatible iPad or iPhone since is it isn't used for scoring.

A suitable iPad for using Takedown Scoring and Stats can be purchases for as little as $120. The app doesn't need the latest and greatest hardware, it runs just fine on an iPad 3 or iPad Mini 1. Click here for more information on iPad cost. Also, here's curated list of eBay available iPads at a reasonable price.

Jack Moses
Old 10-11-16, 02:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by boats19 View Post
If you are a high school team, each team in Ohio has to use trackwrestling for alpha weight tracking and have to pay to use it. Might as well use it for your in season stats also.
The OHSAA requirement for weight tracking doesn't mandate the use of NBC's (previously Trackwrestling) statistics program. If it's free, that's something for users to consider in making a decision about digital scoring and statistics. There are fundamental and significant differences between NBC's stat program and Takedown Scoring and Stats. Coaches, scorers and statisticians should carefully consider the features of Takedown Scoring and Stats and competing solutions and make an informed decision. Filling out an Alpha Master and sending off to the relevant OHSAA organization shouldn't bear on that decision.

For a full run down on Takedown's capabilities, see www.levelchanger.com.

Also, many thanks to our Ohio users. Ohio is the top state in the country for users of Takedown Scoring and Stats.
Old 10-13-16, 05:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder79 View Post
Chidy--

Most phones, except for perhaps the very largest, don't have enough screen area to easily score a match. Takedown Scoring and Stats is iPad only. Takedown LIVE will run on any compatible iPad or iPhone since is it isn't used for scoring.

A suitable iPad for using Takedown Scoring and Stats can be purchases for as little as $120. The app doesn't need the latest and greatest hardware, it runs just fine on an iPad 3 or iPad Mini 1. Click here for more information on iPad cost. Also, here's curated list of eBay available iPads at a reasonable price.

Jack Moses
Thanks for the info Jack. I'll definitely look into the links you provided

Last edited by chidy; 10-16-16 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-13-16, 02:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Takedown Scoring and Stats -- Release 2.4 Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidy View Post
Thanks Forcthe info Jack. I'll definitely look into the links you provided
My pleasure. If you need any help, please email to support@levelchanger.com.

J. Moses
Old 10-02-17, 05:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Takedown Release 2.7 Available in the App Store

For all the Ohio users, Takedown Release 2.7 is available for download in the app store. Big new feature: scoring graphics for video.

Fun working with Ohio coaches and teams -- I believe we have more users in Ohio than any other state! Smart folks in the Buckeye state.
Old 10-03-17, 09:45 AM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
Grinder79 is correct. Takedown App is amazing. The stats are fantastic!! I have used both takedown and trackwrestling. Trackwrestling doesn't come close. With Takedown, fans and family that can't make the match can follow on either twitter or by downloading the scoring app for your phone.
Old 10-03-17, 09:46 PM
All District

ECW2009 is on a distinguished road
We use the trackwrestling app. Works great and the price of $50 is definitely well worth it. We also use a second iPad to video the matches. All students at our school have a Gmail account so we upload the videos to their drive and they can watch the videos whenever they want.
Old 10-18-17, 08:55 AM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
Just letting everyone know that if you don't have Takedown App that it now sync's with Trackwrestling so that you can easily upload weigh-ins and results to your OPC.
Old 10-18-17, 10:52 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boats19 View Post
What is the charge to use track just for alpha's? Ive never seen anything roll in for them use to use it? unless my AD has just taken care of it?
Old 10-18-17, 04:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Release 2.8 available for download.

New feature: copy event results and weigh-ins to your team's Trackwrestling/OPC account in less than a minute.

More details on our website and .

Download Takedown Scoring and Stats from the Apple App Store
Old 11-03-17, 11:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Also new for this year, add scoring graphics to your match video:

More info here:

https://www.levelchanger.com/video-overlay/

Also, Takedown's statistics (1) don't require an Internet connection; (2) are more advanced and comprehensive compared to Trackwrestling's statistics offering. You can also auto-post your results to a team Twitter account and in real-time, score-by-score to our free mobile app, Takedown LIVE. Neither of these features are available with Trackwrestling.
Old 07-30-18, 03:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Integrated video recording, playback and cloud sharing with new release.

https://www.levelchanger.com/video-recording/
https://www.levelchanger.com/blog/20...ideo-recording