Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Turpin is fighting for a league title and playoff birth. Every game will be important for them. I going to keep an eye on them. I think they fight their way in. Turpin vs Anderson is huge.
Old 10-11-18, 03:37 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=snowman33;7140077]Harrison's freshmen finish their season on the 27th which is one day after the last varsity game of the regular season. There is only one freshman who would continue dressing for varsity games if we make the playoffs and he is the backup kicker. The other freshmen will likely be finished with their season on the 27th.[/QUOTE

Harrison has done a great job keeping the freshman involved and has let them dress here and there for Friday nights. I few years ago at Harrison our former HC who is now Turpin's HC did an awful job of keeping underclassman involved. There were a ton of kids that walked away three years ago that would have added a lot to the team this year. Harrison is missing about 6 big time senior athletes (all would be starters) that would have made this team even better. I will say the HC has done a great job of making the program fun and inviting while staying competitive and getting kids out to play.
Old 10-11-18, 05:08 PM
All World

reporter07
La Salle game with bad Florida team cancelled because of Michael. Wonder if that helps or hurts the playoff chances.
Old 10-11-18, 05:33 PM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Turpin is fighting for a league title and playoff birth. Every game will be important for them. I going to keep an eye on them. I think they fight their way in. Turpin vs Anderson is huge.
Donít tell TroyTrojan this....he thinks because beginning of the season that Troy beat them up at home and then mid-season they took Kings to the wire that they are no good. Turpin wins this week. Readingís former Head coach, who took his team to the regionals last year as an 8 seed is now calling the plays at Turpin. The Spartans play hard and could very easily make the playoffs.
Old 10-11-18, 05:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Donít tell TroyTrojan this....he thinks because beginning of the season that Troy beat them up at home and then mid-season they took Kings to the wire that they are no good. Turpin wins this week. Readingís former Head coach, who took his team to the regionals last year as an 8 seed is now calling the plays at Turpin. The Spartans play hard and could very easily make the playoffs.
Turpin might have to win out to make it. They really need to upgrade their schedule. If 7 wins dont get you in thats a problem. The ECC is killing Turpin chances. Walnut, Withrow and Loveland.
Old 10-11-18, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Turpin might have to win out to make it. They really need to upgrade their schedule. If 7 wins dont get you in thats a problem. The ECC is killing Turpin chances. Walnut, Withrow and Loveland.
Arenít there any doormats in your league?
Old 10-11-18, 05:52 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Uh Zeedaddy strikes again
Old 10-11-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Yep. The Zeemen. Perenial losers.
Old 10-11-18, 06:03 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
No chance Turpin is getting by Anderson and Milford. Milford is the big dog in the ECC
Old 10-11-18, 06:33 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Also having a non conference with two d3 teams with 3 wins a piece and not winning their game against troy.
Old 10-11-18, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Also having a non conference with two d3 teams with 3 wins a piece and not winning their game against troy.
Very true. Normally Northwest is a little bit better.
Old 10-11-18, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter07 View Post
La Salle game with bad Florida team cancelled because of Michael. Wonder if that helps or hurts the playoff chances.
Word has it that they should help their chances of getting in since their divisors change. As such word has it that all they have to do is win either next week or against Elder to get in, but I don't have the specific numbers
Old 10-12-18, 04:36 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
Word has it that they should help their chances of getting in since their divisors change. As such word has it that all they have to do is win either next week or against Elder to get in, but I don't have the specific numbers
Well, theyíll need a much better effort the final two weeks. Historically, Iíd expect as much ... but that X game was over after the fake punt. Havenít seen that type of mugging in years.
Old 10-12-18, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Iím eating crow... Lebanon knocks off Miamisburg and I said Lebanon stunk. What a good win that was.
Old 10-12-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
I will give Anderson the edge over Turpin tonight since it is a home game.

As for the region, I think it is deeper than it has been. IMO its La Salle, Woods, Kings, Troy. Kings has a couple of good NonCon wins, and just ran into a great CovCath team.
Old 10-12-18, 12:01 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
WOO HOO!!!
Lasalle game cancelled!

The math geeks say they now have a better chance to get in the playoffs ...if they win a game or two.

Lancers have a TALL order to win one or both of these last two but I am pulling hard for them.

Lasalle in the playoffs is good for the region.
Hope that Winton Woods and Lasalle can meet up in the playoffs this season.
Unlike some, I think that there are other good teams in the region that can advance besides these two.
Old 10-12-18, 12:40 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Unlike some, I think that there are other good teams in the region that can advance besides these two.
It would be cool if there were teams that could. They'd better be much better than what I've seen the past five seasons. None of the teams LS played in the playoffs the past several seasons except WW last year could.
Old 10-12-18, 01:00 PM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvftball View Post
So no Central Ohio team has a chance? As for WW they are currently 8th and still have this to contend with
HIndianapolis Bishop Chatard (IN) (6-0)
H Edgewood (5-0)
AElder (3-1)
HSt Francis DeSales (3-2)
AArchbishop Moeller (4-1)

They could lose 3 of those and not make playoffs. So you are going to predict 2 TD victories over teams you never seen play before.
Looks like WW will need to lose the last 3 to prove your theory. They us cruising along!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 01:06 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
You are #2 in this thread! C'Mon, MAN!!! LOL
WW scrimmaged Kings this year. WW played bad and still beat by 2 TD's

Old 10-12-18, 01:20 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, pretty sure Troy is in and that RB is really good. Woods is a typical Woods team great athletes, totally undisciplined and no passing attack. Have not seen Lasalle, but it sounds like they might be a little bit down. I would say Kings is probably #3 in the region but it is hard to say.
You haven't watched WW then if you think they have no passing game. No one in the city can stay in front of Raekwon Prince and Deemer is having a great senior at the Z receiver. But the bottom line is Miyan Williams is in beast mode this year and he's the leading rusher in the city with about 1300 yards already

Old 10-12-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

#1 Demeer Blankumsee and #12 BJ Johnson are Juniors, #2 Raequan Prince and #5 RaShawn Brown are Seniors. Those are the main 4 we are throwing at Elder tonight. I do question the young QB ability to get it out there to those guys consistently. But hes consistent enough that if you sell out to stop Williams the receivers can do some real damage.
Old 10-12-18, 08:10 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
WOO HOO!!!
Lasalle game cancelled!

The math geeks say they now have a better chance to get in the playoffs ...if they win a game or two.

Lancers have a TALL order to win one or both of these last two but I am pulling hard for them.

Lasalle in the playoffs is good for the region.
Hope that Winton Woods and Lasalle can meet up in the playoffs this season.
Uh, nah it will come down to Lasalle, who draws kids from 10 different feeder schools, and Woods who is the CPS all-star team.Wont change for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-12-18, 08:23 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah it will come down to Lasalle, who draws kids from 10 different feeder schools, and Woods who is the CPS all-star team.Wont change for the foreseeable future.

Drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 08:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh guzzle there Deano doesn't change the facts, and everybody knows it.
Old 10-12-18, 08:38 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Chug a lug
Old 10-12-18, 10:48 PM
All Yappi

Kings is legit. They put it on Milford. Wow. They seem the best in the region followed by Troy and then Winton Woods, with Anderson coming on strong. Turpin may have fizzled out afterall
Old 10-13-18, 05:50 AM
All Region

Quote:
Kings is legit. They put it on Milford. Wow. They seem the best in the region followed by Troy and then Winton Woods, with Anderson coming on strong. Turpin may have fizzled out afterall
Thought Turpin would win but looks like Dryer figured something out - hey I have one of the best offensive linemen in the country and should run behind him!!! He ran it 60 times!! Look what happened!! You donít have to chuck it 50 times a game!!

But Don, as legit as Kings may be, your boys just went into the Pit and smacked Elder. Region goes through Winton Woods. LaSalle isnít making the playoffs.
Old 10-13-18, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Troy is hitting a rough patch and not playing well. You may think since the combined score the last 2 weeks is 63-19 that’s wouldn’t be the case. But they are making stupid mistakes they usually don’t make. They will more than likely go 9-1 but they need to shape it together quickly to advance in the playoffs.

WW is head and shoulders the best in the region.
Old 10-13-18, 11:02 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
WW scrimmaged Kings this year. WW played bad and still beat by 2 TD's

I was told it was more like a practice and not a scrimmage. But when they did go live, Williams didnít have much success. It was the wings/slot guys who were able to get outside and have the most success.
Old 10-13-18, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Thought Turpin would win but looks like Dryer figured something out - hey I have one of the best offensive linemen in the country and should run behind him!!! He ran it 60 times!! Look what happened!! You donít have to chuck it 50 times a game!!

But Don, as legit as Kings may be, your boys just went into the Pit and smacked Elder. Region goes through Winton Woods. LaSalle isnít making the playoffs.
Turpin went into the 4th quarter with a 24-21 lead on Anderson and the wheels flew off.