Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-09-18, 08:27 PM
just a fan's Avatar
just a fan just a fan is offline
Success is Tradition!
 
Join Date: 10-07-01
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 24,391
just a fan is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of big games in R1 the final three weeks. Upsets are likely...impact remains to be seen. Stay tuned.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-10-18, 07:46 AM
cardzfan1234's Avatar
cardzfan1234 cardzfan1234 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-04-04
Location: Painesville Twp.
Posts: 11,157
cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Biggest games this weekend:

Mentor (7-0) vs Solon (6-1) - The league title and lots of computer points are up for grabs in this one. Both teams have been hit with the injury bug a bit. Let's see how that impacts Friday's game. Last year's matchup at Solon was a barn burner. I expect a lower scoring game this time around.

Berea-Midpark (5-2) @ Avon Lake (7-0) - Berea has two big games on the schedule that could provide the computer points they need to make things interesting. This is one of them. The other is Avon in Week 10. Considering Avon Lake beat Avon earlier in the season, this is a slightly more valuable game. The Titans are a scoring machine. If they can keep that up, they will make this game interesting.

St Ignatius (4-2) vs Moeller (6-1) - Maybe the biggest game in Ohio this weekend. The two teams have combined for 20 state championships. This season, what is on the line is a hopeful playoff spot (for Ignatius) and a home playoff game (for Moeller). Last season, a 4-6 Moeller team blew out Ignatius, giving the Cats their only loss of the regular season.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-10-18, 04:38 PM
EagleSE EagleSE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-02
Location: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "E"
Posts: 5,723
EagleSE is on a distinguished road
I always like to read this thread after a weekend of football, thanks for putting it together for comments cardzfan. I do think Iggy is better than the opinions of a few people. This weekend will confirm my suspicions or prove me wrong with the MO v. Iggy match up. However I do think it possible that Iggy wins their final three games. I know this senior class lost their JV game to St. Eds by one touchdown, so St. Eds is no clear favorite. Wish it was the weekend already.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-10-18, 06:01 PM
cardzfan1234's Avatar
cardzfan1234 cardzfan1234 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-04-04
Location: Painesville Twp.
Posts: 11,157
cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
I always like to read this thread after a weekend of football, thanks for putting it together for comments cardzfan. I do think Iggy is better than the opinions of a few people. This weekend will confirm my suspicions or prove me wrong with the MO v. Iggy match up. However I do think it possible that Iggy wins their final three games. I know this senior class lost their JV game to St. Eds by one touchdown, so St. Eds is no clear favorite. Wish it was the weekend already.
I agree that St Ignatius could win all three games. They also could lose all three games. I think they will win one, maybe two. Three games that are all pretty close to 50/50 to close the season. Each one will impact the playoff picture for them and their opponent. Moeller and Eds are playing for a home playoff game. St X needs to win out to get in, so St Ignatius in Week 9 is like a playoff game. St Ignatius has the toughest remaining schedule of any team in the state. These last few weeks will be very interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-11-18, 11:32 AM
GCP441 GCP441 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Posts: 930
GCP441 is on a distinguished road
Lorain @ Maple Heights

I'm just curious,if Lorain beats Maple Heights tonight,how will that effect the game between Heights and Maple Heights,as far as Heights chances in the playoffs.I'm thinking they still would have to win out.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-11-18, 11:54 AM
SVillegrad SVillegrad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-05
Posts: 1,410
SVillegrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP441 View Post
I'm just curious,if Lorain beats Maple Heights tonight,how will that effect the game between Heights and Maple Heights,as far as Heights chances in the playoffs.I'm thinking they still would have to win out.
It won't have much of an impact as Heights, barring something crazy, will have to go 8-2 to get in. Though, it would be slightly more beneficial for Heights to see Maple win, since that will add .05 L2 points.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-11-18, 12:03 PM
SVillegrad SVillegrad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-05
Posts: 1,410
SVillegrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
Actually, I believe a win over Stronsgville is not out of the realm of possibility...And should that occur, the Red Raiders have a game with Solon that would vault them right into mix for a playoff spot.
One step at a time...With a win against Strongsville this weekend, I don't think the Red Raiders will necessarily need to beat both Solon and Euclid...With Solon looking to be the most vulnerable of the two.
Shaker at 7-3 (wins over Strongsville and Solon) still likely puts them under 19 points. Even if those wins are against Solon and Euclid, it probably won't make any difference because that means Strongsville (assuming they also beat Elyria and Brunswick) would still likely finish ahead of Shaker because of the additional L2s Strongsville would gain due to the Raiders' wins against Solon and Euclid.

Shaker, much like Cleveland Heights, has to finish 8-2.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-11-18, 12:34 PM
mustang fan mustang fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 1,979
mustang fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVillegrad View Post
Shaker at 7-3 (wins over Strongsville and Solon) still likely puts them under 19 points. Even if those wins are against Solon and Euclid, it probably won't make any difference because that means Strongsville (assuming they also beat Elyria and Brunswick) would still likely finish ahead of Shaker because of the additional L2s Strongsville would gain due to the Raiders' wins against Solon and Euclid.

Shaker, much like Cleveland Heights, has to finish 8-2.
You contend that a 6 - 4 Strongsville (loss to Shaker and wins over Elyria and Brunswick) finishes ahead of a 7 - 3 Shaker Hts. (with wins over Stronsgville and Solon)?
Any other number crunchers concur?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-11-18, 12:55 PM
cardzfan1234's Avatar
cardzfan1234 cardzfan1234 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-04-04
Location: Painesville Twp.
Posts: 11,157
cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
You contend that a 6 - 4 Strongsville (loss to Shaker and wins over Elyria and Brunswick) finishes ahead of a 7 - 3 Shaker Hts. (with wins over Stronsgville and Solon)?
Any other number crunchers concur?
No, that is obviously not correct. He just got mixed up.

7-3 Shaker has a better chance than a 7-3 Strongsville would, and obviously MUCH better than a 6-4 Strongsville. Pasteur has a 7-3 Shaker at an average of 19.90. I have Strongsville at 18.30. Shaker definitely can get in if they win two of their last three. I still contend there is almost no chance of that happening. I think Berea-Midpark is a much more likely underdog.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-11-18, 01:09 PM
mustang fan mustang fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 1,979
mustang fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
...7-3 Shaker has a better chance than a 7-3 Strongsville would, and obviously MUCH better than a 6-4 Strongsville. Pasteur has a 7-3 Shaker at an average of 19.90. I have Strongsville at 18.30. Shaker definitely can get in if they win two of their last three...
Thanks for the calculations...Which make sense to me anyway.
Per my assessment, for both Strongsville and Shaker Hts. to finish with identical 7 -3 records, Strongsville would have to win its last 3 games (including defeating Shaker Hts.) and Shaker Hts. would have to lose to Strongsville and defeat both Solon and Euclid. If so, personally, I believe my speculation (Shaker defeating Strongsville and Solon...and Strongsville losing to Shaker) has a better chance of happening.
Anyway, bottom line regarding the match-up between Stronsgville and Shaker Hts....I still say loser is out of contention for the post season...Winner stays in the discussion for the moment.
Perhaps SVillegrad may have been contending that should both Strongsville and Shaker finish with identical records of 7 - 3, under the scenario I indicated above (Stronsville winning out and Shaker defeating Solon and Euclid), that Strongsville would finish ahead of Shaker Hts.?!
What do you calculate for the 2 squads should they finish in that manner?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-11-18, 03:25 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,652
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
Thanks for the calculations...Which make sense to me anyway.
Per my assessment, for both Strongsville and Shaker Hts. to finish with identical 7 -3 records, Strongsville would have to win its last 3 games (including defeating Shaker Hts.) and Shaker Hts. would have to lose to Strongsville and defeat both Solon and Euclid. If so, personally, I believe my speculation (Shaker defeating Strongsville and Solon...and Strongsville losing to Shaker) has a better chance of happening.
Anyway, bottom line regarding the match-up between Stronsgville and Shaker Hts....I still say loser is out of contention for the post season...Winner stays in the discussion for the moment.
Perhaps SVillegrad may have been contending that should both Strongsville and Shaker finish with identical records of 7 - 3, under the scenario I indicated above (Stronsville winning out and Shaker defeating Solon and Euclid), that Strongsville would finish ahead of Shaker Hts.?!
What do you calculate for the 2 squads should they finish in that manner?
Cardzfan knows the northern half of this region much better than I do, but in your scenario, I have Strongsville at 19.60 and Shaker Hts. at 19.25.

In addition to points Strongsville's opponents have already accumulated, I have B-M winning next week, Hudson beating Twinsburg, Canton CC beating Royal Imperial, and Medina beating Brunswick and Elyria (If Strongsville beats Brunswick, Strongsville would get .65 no matter who wins those games). No additional help coming from Elyria or Brunswick.

For Shaker, I have Shaw beating Bedford, Benedictine winning out, no more from Brunswick, Medina's final 2 games, no more from Elyria, and then Shaker would also get .65 from the Solon-Medina game, and .65 from the Euclid-Brunswick game. The only room for discrepancy that I can see between my numbers and Pasteur's for a 7-3 Shaker would be a Shaw win over Lorain. I suppose it could happen.

If 1 of Strongsville's nonleague opponents loses out (Hudson and Canton CC could be vulnerable to that fate), Shaker could pull ahead in the final computer standings. If either Solon or Euclid would beat Mentor, Shaker could also pull ahead. It would be close, but I agree with cardzfan that it's probably not going to come down to that.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-11-18, 03:28 PM
SVillegrad SVillegrad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-05
Posts: 1,410
SVillegrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
Thanks for the calculations...Which make sense to me anyway.
Per my assessment, for both Strongsville and Shaker Hts. to finish with identical 7 -3 records, Strongsville would have to win its last 3 games (including defeating Shaker Hts.) and Shaker Hts. would have to lose to Strongsville and defeat both Solon and Euclid. If so, personally, I believe my speculation (Shaker defeating Strongsville and Solon...and Strongsville losing to Shaker) has a better chance of happening.
Anyway, bottom line regarding the match-up between Stronsgville and Shaker Hts....I still say loser is out of contention for the post season...Winner stays in the discussion for the moment.
Perhaps SVillegrad may have been contending that should both Strongsville and Shaker finish with identical records of 7 - 3, under the scenario I indicated above (Stronsville winning out and Shaker defeating Solon and Euclid), that Strongsville would finish ahead of Shaker Hts.?!
What do you calculate for the 2 squads should they finish in that manner?
MF, yeah that's what I saying, if both finish 7-3, Strongsville would likely still stay in front of Shaker. EDIT: I see I added an extra 6.5 L2s to Strongsville's originally, so I actually have them tied at 19.55 if that scenario happens. However, I think Strongsville has more L2 wiggle room and probably the L3 tiebreaker.

My numbers are based off the following:
Berea-Midpark - 6-4
Hudson - 4-6
Canton Central Catholic - 4-6
Medina - 4-6
Shaker Heights - 7-3
Elyria - 0-10
Brunswick - 1-9

Shaw - 2-8
Benedictine - 4-6
Brunswick - 1-9
Medina - 4-6
Elyria - 0-10
Solon - 7-3
Euclid - 7-3

Shaker (which I'm assuming would lose a L3 tiebreaker with Strongsville) wouldn't necessarily be eliminated (and technically the GCC could still get five teams in the playoffs) but four of the following five scenarios would have to happen:

1. Austintown Fitch: Loses at least two of their final three

2. Berea-Midpark: Loses to Avon Lake and Avon

3. Cleveland Heights: Loses to Maple Heights

4. Massillon Jackson: Loses to Hoover

5. St. Ignatius: Loses to Moeller and St. Edward ... though may also need a loss to St. Xavier. 7-3 Shaker and 5-4 Iggy (with a win over X) would be real close

IF all that happens, Strongsville/Shaker would be Nos. 6 and 7. I guess Solon could muddy the waters if they lose out.

But yeah, the easiest path to the playoffs for Shaker is to finish 8-2. Strongsville's path is simple: win out and see how the chips fall.

Last edited by SVillegrad; 10-11-18 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-13-18, 04:56 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,696
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Dont matter about shaker they lost.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-13-18, 05:03 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,152
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaker and berea are out. At this point, field is prettycertain, except still 1 ofIgnatius, strongsville, Jackson will be left out. If Ignatius wins 1 of last 2, they are a lock. 2 of 2 might put them at 4. No more wins makes it rely on Jackson or strongsville losing one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-13-18, 05:08 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,521
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Strongsville won't lose, as they face 0-8 and 1-7 the last two weeks.
Jackson faces 1-7 and 6-2.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-13-18, 05:10 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,696
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Think you forgot about Cleveland heights��.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-13-18, 05:14 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,152
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Think you forgot about Cleveland heights��.
No, I didnt, they wont win week 10

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 213 01-24-18 02:24 PM
2017 Playoff Pick-Em Contest: Week 2 Pairings and Week 1 Results Wildcat97 Football 46 11-10-17 06:47 PM
Region 1 after Week 7 cardzfan1234 Football 21 10-12-17 11:51 AM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 11 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 16 11-05-16 01:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz