Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-04-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Pacman is a saint!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-18, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Pacman is a saint!
who was that guy from the panthers a few years ago? he prolly liked him as well.

he thinks hernandez got screwed over as well

jtk
()
Old 10-04-18, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Rae Carruth never fought with management.
Old 10-04-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Rae Carruth never fought with management.
True. He was a stand up guy.

He just had issues with pregnant girlfriends....
Old 10-04-18, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
True. He was a stand up guy.

He just had issues with pregnant girlfriends....
Panthers management thought he was very loyal.

My fantasy league divisions are the Simpson Division and the Carruth Division.
Old 10-10-18, 10:51 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
What a class act Drew Brees is. Isn't it a breath of fresh air that a guy just does his job, keeps his head clear, is a good family guy, doesn't buck the system.
Too few guys like him in the NFL these days. Also good to see Derek Anderson signed by the Bills. Another team passes on Kap.
Old 10-10-18, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
What a class act Drew Brees is. Isn't it a breath of fresh air that a guy just does his job, keeps his head clear, is a good family guy, doesn't buck the system.
Too few guys like him in the NFL these days. Also good to see Derek Anderson signed by the Bills. Another team passes on Kap.
Said the same thing when he was signed.

Is Kap's agent even seeking to get his agent signed or will that just hurt his collusion suit?

Saw that other guy in the suit signed a week or two ago I believe.

Have to think Kap and his team is banking on a big settlement in the suit but man, those are so hard to prove.

Do I think there is collusion?
Absolutely.

Will they be found guilty? Doubtful.

Wonder if at any time we get word from teams who put offers out to Kap that were somewhat reasonable that he turned down since he has been unemployed. We all heard about when Elway said he offered him a deal, but that was much different as he was employed in SF and was asked to take a huge paycut with the trade and Kap, like most players, said no way.
Old 10-10-18, 11:31 AM
All World

Kap has no interest in playing football, he's busy feeling sorry for himself. The other guy is still a decent football player. Kap couldn't start anymore and he doesn't want to be a backup. End of career.

Do I think there is collusion? Who cares! If you're a bad apple, why can't teams hold it against you? Do you want to bring a cancer into your locker room?
I just appreciate a player like Drew Brees, who just does things the right way.
Old 10-10-18, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Kap has no interest in playing football, he's busy feeling sorry for himself. The other guy is still a decent football player. Kap couldn't start anymore and he doesn't want to be a backup. End of career.

Do I think there is collusion? Who cares! If you're a bad apple, why can't teams hold it against you? Do you want to bring a cancer into your locker room?
I just appreciate a player like Drew Brees, who just is white
Fixed that for ya...
Old 10-10-18, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
He's a little more than "just white." Seems a lot of fixin needs goin on.
Old 10-10-18, 08:51 PM
Varsity

NeoFB18 is on a distinguished road
Of course there is no collusion. Ray Rice and Colin Kaepernick are opposite sides of the same coin. The SJW's hate Ray Rice and love Kaepernick. They are both despised by the fans. No owner in his right mind would take them on their team. Either would draw huge fan backlash for the NFL team that signed them.
Old 10-11-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFB18 View Post
Of course there is no collusion. Ray Rice and Colin Kaepernick are opposite sides of the same coin. The SJW's hate Ray Rice and love Kaepernick. They are both despised by the fans. No owner in his right mind would take them on their team. Either would draw huge fan backlash for the NFL team that signed them.
Not sure how ray rice got into this but yeah he was still on a team after whooping up on his lady friend and it wasn't until the video went public when they decided to part ways.

There is a huge diff between those two. Rice stats before doing his illegal act were bad. Avg like 3 ypc.

Kap still had good numbers his previous season AND AND AND what he did was his absolute right as an American to do so and something that was recommended by a SpecOps dude.
Old 10-11-18, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Fixed that for ya...
Changing someone's quotes is against the rules; not to mention just bad manners. You can get your point across without having to do that.

Last edited by Termite2; 10-11-18 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-11-18, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Changing someone's quotes is against the rules; not to mention just bad manners. You can get your point across without having to do that.
OOOOOOoooooo,

What you gonna do about it? Did I hurt someone's feelings?
Old 10-11-18, 12:49 PM
Varsity

Everything changed when they took the picture of Kaepernick sitting during the National Anthem. He's a pariah. No owner wants to hire him now to alienate his fanbase. Its not collusion because everyone thinks the same thing. His lawsuit is BS. He's not being paid millions now because he quit on his teammates to make everything about himself.

If he's really that good and so many people support him, where is the outrage from the NFL players? They can openly support him from a distance but no one wants him on their team. He's a drama queen quitter.
Old 10-11-18, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Everything changed when they took the picture of Kaepernick sitting during the National Anthem. He's a pariah. No owner wants to hire him now to alienate his fanbase. Its not collusion because everyone thinks the same thing. His lawsuit is BS. He's not being paid millions now because he quit on his teammates to make everything about himself.

If he's really that good and so many people support him, where is the outrage from the NFL players? They can openly support him from a distance but no one wants him on their team. He's a drama queen quitter.
I don't disagree with much of that except for maybe the quitter part.

I just see the other side as well. The NFL employees those who break the rules (PED's, deflate balls, videotape practices) and get arrested for a myriad of issues (some being violent) including that Kendick (I believe) who plead guilty of federal crimes and is going to do prison time.

Why do those players get second chance?

Because they are talented enough to help a team.

Then we get to Kap. His stats in his last season were as follows:
59 % comp. Not bad.
16TD/4 INT with a career low in INT%. NOt the greatest but still not bad.
Over 200 yards rushing.

90.7 rating.

Not awesome stats but also not terrible whatsoever.

I am just stating that either his agent wasn't actively looking for employment for his client or turning down deals which is possible but if true I believe would have come out OR that NFL owners are blackballing him.

Fact is, talent wise, he still was better than most backups in the league and likely better than some who have had starts the last few years.

He hasn't done anything illegal or wrong.
Old 10-11-18, 02:50 PM
Varsity

Its the court of public opinion that is keeping him out of the NFL. Most teams that could sign him would be the laughing stock of the league. The only team that could sign him and get away with it is the Raiders. They embrace the lunatic fringe and they are in the heart of the liberal movement.
Old 10-12-18, 08:05 AM
All World

Quote:
Its the court of public opinion that is keeping him out of the NFL. Most teams that could sign him would be the laughing stock of the league. The only team that could sign him and get away with it is the Raiders. They embrace the lunatic fringe and they are in the heart of the liberal movement.
But they are also in the business of winning football games, they have a legit starting QB. They would never - nor would Gruden - agree to bring him in.

His football days are over. He's more about branding himself and selling products.
Old 10-12-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Barkley is a stud but the Giants screwed him out of two of his prime 6-7 productive RB years by drafting him. He'll be their offensive centerpiece for a crappy team this year and will likely be the "security blanket/workhorse" for the rookie QB they draft next year. By year three the Giants may be decent but he'll have a lot of tread on those tires. Was shocked they didn't go QB at that spot and take Darnold. SO glad the Browns were smart (unlike what some idiot fans wanted) and didn't take Barkley #1 overall and went with Baker.
Old 10-12-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Would have gotten both if you took Barkley #1. Jets were always taking Darnold.
Old 10-12-18, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
I think it's pretty impressive we're 5 games in to the 2018 draft class and the trajectory of players' careers have already been figured out.
Old 10-12-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Would have gotten both if you took Barkley #1. Jets were always taking Darnold.
Wouldn't have gotten the best QB. Would've likely been stuck with Josh Allen. Jets probably take Mayfield at 3, who they also really loved, while Giants take Darnold. You ALWAYS get YOUR QB first. You don't settle just because there are other QB's there.
Old 10-12-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

First time I have really seen Barkley play and wow, just wow.

It is rare that you see a guy in the NFL just look that much better than the opponent. Reminds me of a highly recruited by major D1 HS kid who just toys with the opponent and can do what he wishes almost at will.

With that said, they need a QB in the worst way. The NYG should start their tank process now. Tell Barkley of their plans and sort of limit his touches the rest of the year. Get him work, but not too much, and then draft a franchise QB (if there is one).

Even basic passes he looks like his arm is a wet noodle. His career is over and if he is smart he needs to exit the game sooooon.
Old 10-12-18, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Wouldn't have gotten the best QB. Would've likely been stuck with Josh Allen. Jets probably take Mayfield at 3, who they also really loved, while Giants take Darnold. You ALWAYS get YOUR QB first. You don't settle just because there are other QB's there.
Everyone knew the Jets were targeting Darnold. That's not even debatable. The Giants probably grab Allen or Rosen despite whatever issues the may have had with him. I don't recall hearing much out of them about Baker.
Old 10-12-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Barkley is a stud but the Giants screwed him out of two of his prime 6-7 productive RB years by drafting him. He'll be their offensive centerpiece for a crappy team this year and will likely be the "security blanket/workhorse" for the rookie QB they draft next year. By year three the Giants may be decent but he'll have a lot of tread on those tires. Was shocked they didn't go QB at that spot and take Darnold. SO glad the Browns were smart (unlike what some idiot fans wanted) and didn't take Barkley #1 overall and went with Baker.
I would have taken Chubb (DE) at #1...to make sure I got him...then Barkley at #4 if he was still there, but that was contingent on signing Cousins. Once Cousins signed with Minny, the Browns had to take a QB at #1.
Old 10-12-18, 10:10 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Everyone knew the Jets were targeting Darnold. That's not even debatable. The Giants probably grab Allen or Rosen despite whatever issues the may have had with him. I don't recall hearing much out of them about Baker.
And everyone knew the Browns were targeting Darnold until the day of the draft.
Old 10-12-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Do you even know what the draft order was? 1) Browns 2) Giants 3) Jets

It doesn't matter WHO the Jets may have been targeting, they were picking third. If the Giants wanted Darnold do you think they were going to step aside for the Jets and say "well....we know you guys REALLY want Darnold so we're going to just take a lesser QB, who we really don't want, so you can have Darnold."

And the Jets loved Baker too. Darnold was supposedly their first choice (I've also heard it could've been Mayfield) but they didn't think he'd drop to 3.
Old 10-12-18, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
And everyone knew the Browns were targeting Darnold until the day of the draft.
Not really. No one really knew what the Browns were going to do.
Old 10-12-18, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

It doesn't matter WHO the Jets may have been targeting, they were picking third. If the Giants wanted Darnold do you think they were going to step aside for the Jets and say "well....we know you guys REALLY want Darnold so we're going to just take a lesser QB, who we really don't want, so you can have Darnold."

And the Jets loved Baker too. Darnold was supposedly their first choice (I've also heard it could've been Mayfield) but they didn't think he'd drop to 3.
Yes, I know the draft order.

The Giants could have taken Chubb at #2. They could have traded out. They could have drafted one of the two QBs they scouted the hardest, Allen and Rosen. I would have been surprised to see them take Darnold. Let's not forget to step away from the hypothetical and look at the reality. The Giants had an opportunity to take Darnold but chose Barkley. Clearly, they do not share your philosophy, so maybe consider that you hold a poor perspective for guessing their moves.
Old 10-12-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It doesn't matter WHO the Jets may have been targeting, they were picking third.
Why were you speculating on who the jets were going to take if it doesn't who the jets were going to take?