Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins Sheridan at Tri-Valley
Sheridan by 20 or more. 2 22.22%
Sheridan by 8-19 points. 1 11.11%
Sheridan by 7 or less. 2 22.22%
Tri-Valley by 7 or less. 3 33.33%
Tri-Valley by 8-19 points. 1 11.11%
Tri-Valley by 20 or more. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-18, 09:19 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
Muskingum Valley League Championship Game: Sheridan at Tri-Valley

Tri-Valley has 7 MVL titles in a row and a win over Sheridan would make 8 and tie the record held by New Lexington in the 1970s for consecutive MVL titles. With that said, Sheridan has a veteran group and has been steam rolling teams.

6-0 vs 6-0. Dresden is the place to be this Friday night at 7:00 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-18, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
This might be Sheridan's year. They look pretty stout.
Old 10-01-18, 02:40 PM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
This might be Sheridan's year. They look pretty stout.
I agree Fish, this does look like Sheridans year after seeing how TV has played the past 3 weeks. Not sure quite what it is, but they have not been clicking like they were the 1st 3 weeks. Fargus and his receivers have not been on the same page multiple times. They just look out of sync. If TV can play how they are capable though, it could be a good one. They will have to play their best game though. Hope everyone turns put for this one and gets loud.
Old 10-02-18, 08:27 PM
All Region

crickets
Old 10-05-18, 10:59 PM
All Region

One of the best 5 high school football games I have ever seen.

Tri-Valley 20
Sheridan 19
1 OT

Sheridan 7-0 mid-1st quarter
Tied 7-7 end of 1st.
TV hit a FG right before half 10-7
End of 3 still 10-7 Tri-Valley. Sheridan missed 2 FG in 3rd quarter. 1 barely right and the other barely left.
TV added a FG in early 4th TV 13-7
Sheridan scores with 3 min left in the game. Extra point blocked. Tied 13-13.
TV drives the field and misses a FG barely left with seconds left.
All missed FG all night for both teams were long enough but slightly left or right.
Sheridan takes a knee and we go to OT.
Sheridan scores in 3 plays. 1 yard run. 18 yard WR reverse. 1 yard up the middle. Extra point missed to the left. May have been deflected.
Sheridan 19-13.
Tri-Valley scores in 3 plays. Incomplete pass into endzone. Complete pass to the 5 yard line. Run up the middle for TD.

Extra point good. Final TV 20-19
Old 10-05-18, 11:00 PM
All Region

Sheridan seemed to be inside the 30 yard line (almost red zone) on about half of their offensive plays during the game. Time after time TV turned them away on 3rd and 4th down. Stuffed the run. Pressure QB or get a sack.

Both defensives had a great night. The hits were teeth jarring by both teams. Several runners and receivers fumbling on hits. Normally the offense recovered.

Both these teams could make some noise in the playoffs.

Tri-Valley is looking at 8 straight MVL titles which ties the consecutive league titles record with the 1970s New Lexington teams.
Old 10-06-18, 12:33 PM
All District

I agree Teach, game of the year candidate last night. Almost as good as their 2008 meeting, where Sheridan scored at the end of regulation to make it 20-21 TV. Rather than going for OT, Culver goes for 2 and they appeared not to make it. Line judge says he didnt get in but the ref 20 yards away from the play runs in and the refs meet and come back saying he got in and Sheridan walks away with a 22-21 win. To this day I say he was out before hitting the pylon.
Old 10-07-18, 07:44 PM
All Region

Oh yes, the pylon game. For about 2 minutes TV had the 2008 MVL title.
Old 10-08-18, 05:43 AM
All Yappi

The pylon game was more fun, what with all the teeth gnashing afterword...but this does sound like a better overall game.

Congrats to TV. Pretty amazing to those of us who remember the pre-2000 TV era that you guys are looking at 8 straight titles. I bet the New Lex crew is pretty salty lol.
Old 10-08-18, 04:30 PM
All District

Quote:
The pylon game was more fun, what with all the teeth gnashing afterword...but this does sound like a better overall game.

Congrats to TV. Pretty amazing to those of us who remember the pre-2000 TV era that you guys are looking at 8 straight titles. I bet the New Lex crew is pretty salty lol.
An exciting game is an exciting game. I've been going to HS games since about 2002 and before that I was going up until 1999 when I graduated (took a cpl years off). I've saw quite a few games that could be called "the best game I ever saw" ( playoff game vs New Albany when Amicone kicked a 40+ yard walk off fg in OT, TV's 1st playoff win vs Logan where we came back from a 2 td deficit to score on a long Cam West pass to Warner as time was running out, the Maysville vs Sheridan game in '14 when Maysville score 2 TDs in the final 3 min in a torrential down pour to send it to ot and win in 3rd overtime to name a few). Each game was an amazing experience to see and I dont think you can truly say 1 was better than the other.

I would also hold off on the congrats. Most likely we will win out, but there is 3 games left to play with JG and Maysville being 2 of them. You know well that all 3 remaining teams would love to knock us down to prevent that feat. Guaranteed they know what's at stake. We will most likely see their best game they've played this year.
Old 10-08-18, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
An exciting game is an exciting game. I've been going to HS games since about 2002 and before that I was going up until 1999 when I graduated (took a cpl years off). I've saw quite a few games that could be called "the best game I ever saw" ( playoff game vs New Albany when Amicone kicked a 40+ yard walk off fg in OT, TV's 1st playoff win vs Logan where we came back from a 2 td deficit to score on a long Cam West pass to Warner as time was running out, the Maysville vs Sheridan game in '14 when Maysville score 2 TDs in the final 3 min in a torrential down pour to send it to ot and win in 3rd overtime to name a few). Each game was an amazing experience to see and I dont think you can truly say 1 was better than the other.

I would also hold off on the congrats. Most likely we will win out, but there is 3 games left to play with JG and Maysville being 2 of them. You know well that all 3 remaining teams would love to knock us down to prevent that feat. Guaranteed they know what's at stake. We will most likely see their best game they've played this year.
The clock will run in all 3 of your remaining games.
Old 10-08-18, 07:29 PM
All District

Quote:
The clock will run in all 3 of your remaining games.
I know it most likely will, but anything can happen. We could have a down night thinking we have it locked up after that emotional win vs Sheridan, while John Glenn gives their most inspired effort. I know it probably wont happen, but you never know.
Old 10-11-18, 02:26 PM
All Region

Old 10-12-18, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Oops...may have spoken too soon.
Old 10-12-18, 08:27 PM
All Yappi

Sorry for jinxing you guys...looks like JG might get to dance after all.
Old 10-12-18, 08:46 PM
All Region

Yep, John Glenn earned the win over Tri-Valley tonight 14-7.

Tri-Valley needs to win out to get a share of the title with Sheridan. So 8 titles in a row for TV still not secured.
Old 10-12-18, 11:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1coach2 View Post
Yep, John Glenn earned the win over Tri-Valley tonight 14-7.

Tri-Valley needs to win out to get a share of the title with Sheridan. So 8 titles in a row for TV still not secured.
Congrats to JG. Those kids played one hell of a defensive game tonight. This was the game I was nervous about and what I feared happened.
1) JG played great defense and played probably their best game of the year. Our receivers absolutely could not get open all night. [Our QB's both made some really bad decisions tonight also that really cost us (Fritter's int gave JG the ball around our 20 yard line, leading to a TD and Fargus' stopped a TV drive where we were actually moving the ball). Both were balls that should not have been thrown]
2) JG always seems to play TV tough regardless and tonight was no exception.
3) TV was coming off an extremely emotional win last week vs Sheridan and did not come out and play very inspired tonight. They really came out flat from the start and could never get anything going offensively.

It was a "perfect storm" and now TV may be on the outside looking in come week 11. I really hope the cards fall right and TV can get into the playoffs. If we can get in and better than an 8 seed I think we can still make a little noise. I think we can play with anyone in our region, minus Massillon. TV is a good team, but not great. We show the type of team we can be when the games get big, but dont show it week in and week out. Great teams are able to "get up" for every game, not just the hyped up games. Hopefully they will learn from this and move on. Again, hats off to JG. They played a great game tonight and if they win out, should be playing week 11. Actually, theres a chance at 4 teams making it in this year (TV, Sheridan, Philo and JG).