Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-18, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

PicktownBandDad is on a distinguished road
Pick North vs Pick Central - 10/12/18

The game has been moved to Gahanna Lincoln because of the poor field condition at Central.

https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/n...na-lincoln-hs/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 06:00 PM
All Ohio

This info also just became available from a tweet by This Week News:

Jarrod Ulrey Retweeted Steve Blackledge

Talked with @PCtigerfootball coach Jay Sharrett a few minutes ago. He says the week-10 game vs Grove City also will not be held at Tiger Stadium. Site for that game is undetermined at this time.
Old 10-07-18, 06:51 PM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
The game has been moved to Gahanna Lincoln because of the poor field condition at Central.

https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/n...na-lincoln-hs/
80% chance of rain Thurs. (which could mean a muddy field Friday) so I guess the move makes sense. PC has won several big games at Gahanna. 7000 tickets up for sale starting Monday. College type atmosphere. For those who didn't attend PC vs PN games at the Crew Stadium, it was high and tight. Gahanna not that big but should seat most all who attend. Pretty much "Home" stands on both sides at Gahanna's newly remodeled stadium.
Old 10-10-18, 08:38 PM
All District

TigerA is on a distinguished road
Wow. Shocked that there isn't more chatter on this game.

I'm thinking Tigers win this one something like 34-24. North certainly has the athletes to win this game, but they're penchant for mistakes rears up and bites them again I believe.

Boneheaded turnovers and lack of discipline has cost them twice this year against the two best teams they've played. (Coffman & the Burg) Tigers coming off their blown 4th quarter lead against the Gales probably stokes them up even more as well. Until North puts a full error free game together against a top quality opponent and gets it done, I can't pick them in a big meaningful game. I'm going with the experienced, been there, done that squad which is Central.
Old 10-10-18, 09:06 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Pick Central is replacing a ton of starters with mostly sophomores. We are coming off a loss which I think was inevitable. So the chatter should be minimal. North already has two losses so this is a must win for them to make the playoffs. It is pathetic that these two teams have to play outside Pickerington. The seniors didnít realize that Gahanna would be their last home game. They usually hang out and get pictures.
Old 10-11-18, 06:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Pick Central is replacing a ton of starters with mostly sophomores. We are coming off a loss which I think was inevitable. So the chatter should be minimal. North already has two losses so this is a must win for them to make the playoffs. It is pathetic that these two teams have to play outside Pickerington. The seniors didnít realize that Gahanna would be their last home game. They usually hang out and get pictures.
So true on the "last game in Tiger Stadium" thing. It is a special, emotional night for seniors and their families/friends. Soccer seniors are affected the same way. I talked to an actual "soccer mom" last night and she feels cheated by the whole deal. The Stadium must be built.
Old 10-11-18, 08:04 AM
Junior Varsity

Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
I was surprised they did not build a new stadium when they built Central. Are there any plans or discussions about a new stadium?
Old 10-11-18, 09:16 AM
Freshman

Fearkearse is on a distinguished road
So what happens if Central finishes in the top four of the region and gets to host a playoff game are they going to move that also?
Old 10-11-18, 11:21 AM
Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
Going to have to find another site if we finish 1-4. There are plans for a re-sod of the field at the end of the season, but we've heard this all before. So much for equal facilities. A few years ago we added bathrooms at the stadium. Before then the men's restroom facilities at the entire facility was a-one holer on the home side and a porta potty on the visitor. Folks acted like we were asking for the moon.
Old 10-11-18, 12:07 PM
All Region

BoltsFan06 is on a distinguished road
The game Northmont played at Pick Central last season was on a messy field and while that likely didn't change the outcome, it certainly is a homefield advantage for Central. Most teams can go a whole season without playing on grass anymore!
Old 10-11-18, 12:34 PM
Varsity

Not sure why no grass on the field is an advantage for anyone.
Old 10-11-18, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They aren't sophomores anymore....it's week 8.

Why should the chatter be minimal? I am stunned there are only 9 posts on this topic. This was one of THE games of the year pre-season with two teams that are still favored to win the region, no?

Sorry to hear about the field situation. Can't imagine having to tell your Seniors they don't get a "last game" at home but I guess with so many transfers in, does it really mean anything to them? Not sure. Either way, still stinks and hope they get it resolved with a more permanent long-term solution.

-CardinalsFan
Old 10-11-18, 01:11 PM
All Region

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
They aren't sophomores anymore....it's week 8.

Why should the chatter be minimal? I am stunned there are only 9 posts on this topic. This was one of THE games of the year pre-season with two teams that are still favored to win the region, no?

Sorry to hear about the field situation. Can't imagine having to tell your Seniors they don't get a "last game" at home but I guess with so many transfers in, does it really mean anything to them? Not sure. Either way, still stinks and hope they get it resolved with a more permanent long-term solution.

-CardinalsFan
The football team gets a bunch of transfers too? I thought it was just the hoop team, lol
Old 10-11-18, 01:32 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeabides View Post
Going to have to find another site if we finish 1-4. There are plans for a re-sod of the field at the end of the season, but we've heard this all before. So much for equal facilities. A few years ago we added bathrooms at the stadium. Before then the men's restroom facilities at the entire facility was a-one holer on the home side and a porta potty on the visitor. Folks acted like we were asking for the moon.
I heard that a new stadium was already a done deal for Central and it will have turf. North will get new turf for their current stadium. Not sure if this is true but it did come from a pretty reliable source.
Old 10-11-18, 01:35 PM
All District

TigerA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I heard that a new stadium was already a done deal for Central and it will have turf. North will get new turf for their current stadium. Not sure if this is true but it did come from a pretty reliable source.
I heard the same exact thing last week as a matter of fact.
Old 10-12-18, 09:19 AM
Varsity

pantherstat is on a distinguished road
I heard that this game could have been played at PN but PC would rather PAY Gahanna and let them have the concessions as well. Why not keep the game in town when possible? I don't think there is really a home field advantage in this case.
Old 10-12-18, 09:32 AM
Varsity

Nobody's buying that panther.... If there really is no home field advantage why don't you agree to play all of your games away next year? We'll play all of our home games at your place. Or, Why doesn't Central get turf, you guys keep your grass since it is in such good shape, and we play all future games every year at Central? Since home field doesn't really matter in this case. Personally, I'd prefer to play the game in the junior high parking lot.
Old 10-12-18, 09:52 AM
Varsity

So your saying a sellout crowd in Gahanna is a better option for the district than a sell out crowd + concessions in Pickerington? If the Central fans want the home side let them have it. Paying to rent another districts stadium seems wasteful to me. The same fans will attend whether the game is at the ditch, panther stadium or Gahanna so why rent?
Old 10-12-18, 10:27 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherstat View Post
So your saying a sellout crowd in Gahanna is a better option for the district than a sell out crowd + concessions in Pickerington? If the Central fans want the home side let them have it. Paying to rent another districts stadium seems wasteful to me. The same fans will attend whether the game is at the ditch, panther stadium or Gahanna so why rent?
I cannot believe a district would allow a game to be played in another district that could be played in theirs! With school funding being such an issue these days, it makes no sense!
Old 10-12-18, 11:25 AM
Freshman

oldtiger1234 is on a distinguished road
This was supposed to be a home game for central. Why should they be forced to play it at north when the school district failed them by not taking care of the field. Name another former state champ that gets treated like this. I sure can’t.
Old 10-12-18, 11:35 AM
All Region

Name another school district that builds a stadium on a flood plain and their community won't build them a new stadium... nobody except the people of Pickerington are treating the Tigers badly!
Old 10-12-18, 11:48 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsFan06 View Post
Name another school district that builds a stadium on a flood plain and their community won't build them a new stadium... nobody except the people of Pickerington are treating the Tigers badly!
I couldnít agree more.
Old 10-12-18, 12:16 PM
All American

Wow, just returned from the gym where the word is a certain "high profile" player from PN was caught stealing pizza yesterday and served an "in-school" suspension. If he starts tonight it'll tell a lot about PN's head coach and the programs morals. I was no angel in HS and paid dearly for a mistake or two. Not throwing stones in glass houses....just wondering??
Old 10-12-18, 12:28 PM
Varsity

Wow, I just heard a rumor that somebody started a rumor.
Old 10-12-18, 02:12 PM
All District

This seems to happen every time these two teams play. Stealing pizza is nothing compared to the rumors leading up to the game last year. I just hope nobody gets injured and North does not quit before the game is over like last season.

Last edited by Pickeringtonsports; 10-12-18 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-12-18, 03:05 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherstat View Post
Wow, I just heard a rumor that somebody started a rumor.

So you are confirming that it is not true??
Old 10-12-18, 03:23 PM
Freshman

He will play. You better believe if that was a Central kid people would be in an uproar though. Similar incident happened several years ago and a central player sat the first half. Oh well beat them at full strength.
Old 10-12-18, 03:33 PM
Varsity

When it happens there it’s just kids being kids
Old 10-12-18, 03:54 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
There were quite a few games in the Jack years when the field was almost all dirt, and they played in the rain and mud. Dang lawyers. Given the history of the janky school board, this whole thing could be nothing but an extortion play for the next levy. It's been in a flood plain from the beginning. How does putting turf under the water help anything? It's going to be a whole new stadium up on the land originally slotted for it. Sorry band nerds about your practice field. Nobody wants to see a million dollars in turf floating down Sycamore Creek while crossing the covered bridge. Or does it flow the other direction; I forget.
Old 10-12-18, 08:52 PM
All Ohio

North 7
Central 16

Final

Congrats to the Tigers!