Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 10-08-18, 06:53 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,273
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
this is just ridiculous.

you are the WORST kind of fan.

pathetic.
Couldn't agree more. Nothing worse than a Steelers fan.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #242  
Old 10-08-18, 08:20 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
this is just ridiculous.

you are the WORST kind of fan.

pathetic.
Disagree. Not a homer. Willing to take a loss now for future wins. I'm the best type of fan.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 10-08-18, 08:39 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Disagree. Not a homer. Willing to take a loss now for future wins. I'm the best type of fan.
I used to be totally against this type of mindset until I saw the Cavs, the first time, without Lebron James.

It sucks but sometimes, to be competitive, you gotta tank. Nobody likes it but if you can go 0-16 and find your franchise QB (Mayfield) versus going 6-10 and ending up with a Brandon Weeden, I guess you gotta do it.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 10-08-18, 08:54 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
I used to be totally against this type of mindset until I saw the Cavs, the first time, without Lebron James.

It sucks but sometimes, to be competitive, you gotta tank. Nobody likes it but if you can go 0-16 and find your franchise QB (Mayfield) versus going 6-10 and ending up with a Brandon Weeden, I guess you gotta do it.
there really is no comparison to where the Browns were at the time you're describing and where the Steelers are currently at.

he wants them to tank to get the coach fired. you wanted to tank for a better draft pick.

there's a difference.

and Cru - go ahead and keep thinking that you're the "best kind of fan". you're probably the same fan who wanted Cowher fired because you didn't think he could win a Super Bowl, but he did.

this is a playoff team. they will make the playoffs. you may think that it's in spite of Tomlin but if he's able to right this ship and get them there, he deserves some credit. however, if he does it, you will just say that it's because the team has talent and he had nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 10-08-18, 09:07 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Your Tomlin slobbering is insufferable. He's not good enough. The only difference between him and Marvin Lewis is the organization he works for, and being stuck with a coach who does just enough to keep his job worries me more than anything because the Rooneys clearly won't fire a HC without sustained losing.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 10-08-18, 09:09 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Tomlin's not a good "in game" type of coach. You can call that 'anti-Steeler bias' if you want but I don't think he's great at situational coaching.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 10-08-18, 09:18 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
There's a laundry list of inadequacies, but he gets a pass.

Speaking of Cowher, if I recall, when he was struggling for a bit, there were rumors the Rooneys were considering bringing in Tom Coughlin. That would've been something. Bill Belichick might not even be Bill Belichick if they'd done that.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 10-08-18, 09:21 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Your Tomlin slobbering is insufferable. He's not good enough. The only difference between him and Marvin Lewis is the organization he works for, and being stuck with a coach who does just enough to keep his job worries me more than anything because the Rooneys clearly won't fire a HC without sustained losing.
there's no "slobbering" here at all. do i think he's perfect? no. what HC is?

but as a fan, to hope your team loses just so that ownership fires the HC? that's literally the worst kind of fan to be. technically, you're NOT a Steelers fan when you do that.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 10-08-18, 09:21 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Both Cowher & Tomlin walked into pretty good situations. The teams were already built to win, or close. I think that's a big reason both of them get passes because with this division and the talent they've had, these coaches could get their teams to the playoffs on auto-pilot.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 10-08-18, 09:32 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Both Cowher & Tomlin walked into pretty good situations. The teams were already built to win, or close. I think that's a big reason both of them get passes because with this division and the talent they've had, these coaches could get their teams to the playoffs on auto-pilot.
Noll's last 2 seasons before Cowher were 9-7, 7-9

Cowher's last season before Tomlin was 8-8

pretty sure you couldn't just walk in there, turn on the "auto-pilot" and make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 10-08-18, 09:32 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
there's no "slobbering" here at all. do i think he's perfect? no. what HC is?

but as a fan, to hope your team loses just so that ownership fires the HC? that's literally the worst kind of fan to be. technically, you're NOT a Steelers fan when you do that.
Wanting the best thing for the team is not being a fan? Tomlin has won 3 playoff games in 8 years with the most talented team in the league for a number of those seasons. Those 3 playoff wins: Dolphins without Tannehill, a field goal fest against the Chiefs, and a gift by the Bengals.

He needs to go if they're going to make another SB with this core.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 10-08-18, 09:48 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
Noll's last 2 seasons before Cowher were 9-7, 7-9

Cowher's last season before Tomlin was 8-8

pretty sure you couldn't just walk in there, turn on the "auto-pilot" and make the playoffs.
And I call BS on this since Cowher was 11-5 his rookie year and Tomlin 10-6.

Perhaps Noll & Cowher were playing out the string towards the end of their tenures but I doubt the rosters were overhauled in a year. They both walked into talent.

Perhaps the excitement/energy of the new coach pushed a few more wins across?
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 10-08-18, 09:49 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post

He needs to go if they're going to make another SB with this core.
I think that ship's close to sailing. If they don't right the ship this year I don't see a SB for them for a long time. Their window is closing fast.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 10-08-18, 09:59 AM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,590
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Tomlin is not going anywhere. He could trip an opposing player running down the field and get a public slap on the wrist and a high five in the locker room. The Steelers have won a lot of games with him and rarely change coaches.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 10-08-18, 10:08 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,273
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Wanting the best thing for the team is not being a fan? Tomlin has won 3 playoff games in 8 years with the most talented team in the league for a number of those seasons. Those 3 playoff wins: Dolphins without Tannehill, a field goal fest against the Chiefs, and a gift by the Bengals.

He needs to go if they're going to make another SB with this core.
If you get your wish this core is done. I can't possibly see a scenario where the Steelers have a losing season and Ben doesn't retire.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 10-08-18, 10:32 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Wanting the best thing for the team is not being a fan? Tomlin has won 3 playoff games in 8 years with the most talented team in the league for a number of those seasons. Those 3 playoff wins: Dolphins without Tannehill, a field goal fest against the Chiefs, and a gift by the Bengals.

He needs to go if they're going to make another SB with this core.
if you think that's true then you have blinders on to what the defensive side of the football has in regards to talent.

and the offense, even with the Big 3 (who I believe haven't all been healthy for a full playoff game. maybe 1?) still hasn't been the most talented in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 10-08-18, 10:53 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
if you think that's true then you have blinders on to what the defensive side of the football has in regards to talent.

and the offense, even with the Big 3 (who I believe haven't all been healthy for a full playoff game. maybe 1?) still hasn't been the most talented in the league.
Which teams had more talent on both sides of the ball?

If Tomlin has to have the best WR in the game, the best RB in the game, and a HOF QB just to squeak out playoff games, he's not worthy of the job, and that's exactly the case.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 10-08-18, 11:06 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Which teams had more talent on both sides of the ball?

If Tomlin has to have the best WR in the game, the best RB in the game, and a HOF QB just to squeak out playoff games, he's not worthy of the job, and that's exactly the case.
Keep in mind, the Steelers usually run into the GOAT, Tom Brady, at some point in the playoffs. Could just be the case where "if it were only another time or era."

Not football but the Cavs ran into Michael Jordan year after year. Had he not been around I firmly believe those teams would've won 2-3 titles.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 10-08-18, 11:19 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
He lost to Tim Tebow
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 10-08-18, 11:20 AM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,654
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
tomlin blasting the officials is comical. while i don't like the way the game is being called its still the rules.

he's just mad b/c all the cheap shots they been dolling out for years are finally being penalized.

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 10-09-18, 02:12 PM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Jesus, if true....scumbag

https://sports.yahoo.com/lawsuit-all...141003849.html
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 10-14-18, 04:45 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Pretty standard Steelers/Bengals game. Not a great game by the secondary
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 10-14-18, 05:12 PM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,303
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Pretty standard Steelers/Bengals game. Not a great game by the secondary
If you're referring to the Steelers secondary, that was a GREAT game for them, by their standards. Held the Ginger Pea Shooter to his lowest output of the year. He should be embarrassed that he didn't pass for 300+ against that porous secondary.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 10-14-18, 05:49 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,457
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
If you're referring to the Steelers secondary, that was a GREAT game for them, by their standards. Held the Ginger Pea Shooter to his lowest output of the year. He should be embarrassed that he didn't pass for 300+ against that porous secondary.
or maybe the Steelers pass defense is improving...
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 10-14-18, 07:10 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,226
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The Bengals dropped a ton of passes, especially early on. The secondary was pretty lucky
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 10-14-18, 07:29 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,265
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
or maybe the Steelers pass defense is improving...
It was more a case of the front 7 putting consistent pressure on Dalton. I actually think Dalton played well. There were at least 5 key drops (2 Green, 2 Core and 1 Boyd) on strikes thrown by Andy.

Haden did make a few plays. Looked young again.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 10-15-18, 07:48 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
If you're referring to the Steelers secondary, that was a GREAT game for them, by their standards. Held the Ginger Pea Shooter to his lowest output of the year. He should be embarrassed that he didn't pass for 300+ against that porous secondary.
Maybe Dalton's WR's could catch more balls that hit them right in their hands?
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 10-15-18, 07:49 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
It was more a case of the front 7 putting consistent pressure on Dalton. I actually think Dalton played well. There were at least 5 key drops (2 Green, 2 Core and 1 Boyd) on strikes thrown by Andy.

Haden did make a few plays. Looked young again.
Steelers WR's dropped a few as well, and also 2 dropped picks by Haden.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 10-15-18, 07:57 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,720
thavoice is on a distinguished road
What I don't understand is why Tomlin didn't challenge the play in the first half where it looked like Conner scored. I realize he figures well they get it first down at the 1 but man he has challenged some dumb stuff in his tenure that wouldn't have mattered much but to leave this one out to dry was mind boggling
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 10-15-18, 08:35 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,585
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
What I don't understand is why Tomlin didn't challenge the play in the first half where it looked like Conner scored. I realize he figures well they get it first down at the 1 but man he has challenged some dumb stuff in his tenure that wouldn't have mattered much but to leave this one out to dry was mind boggling
because he already had used his one "dumba&&" challenge on the spot of the ball which clearly didn't make it to the first down marker but he thought "well, let's just waste a challenge and a timeout here anyway"

and he's probably also thinking that his team should be able to punch it in from 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 618 10-14-18 04:41 AM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
Week 1: USO Prep (Obama Academy, Pittsburgh, PA) at Hubbard Eagles roberto21 Football 62 08-26-17 05:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz