Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-18, 06:53 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
this is just ridiculous.

you are the WORST kind of fan.

pathetic.
Couldn't agree more. Nothing worse than a Steelers fan.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
this is just ridiculous.

you are the WORST kind of fan.

pathetic.
Disagree. Not a homer. Willing to take a loss now for future wins. I'm the best type of fan.
Old 10-08-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Disagree. Not a homer. Willing to take a loss now for future wins. I'm the best type of fan.
I used to be totally against this type of mindset until I saw the Cavs, the first time, without Lebron James.

It sucks but sometimes, to be competitive, you gotta tank. Nobody likes it but if you can go 0-16 and find your franchise QB (Mayfield) versus going 6-10 and ending up with a Brandon Weeden, I guess you gotta do it.
Old 10-08-18, 08:54 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
I used to be totally against this type of mindset until I saw the Cavs, the first time, without Lebron James.

It sucks but sometimes, to be competitive, you gotta tank. Nobody likes it but if you can go 0-16 and find your franchise QB (Mayfield) versus going 6-10 and ending up with a Brandon Weeden, I guess you gotta do it.
there really is no comparison to where the Browns were at the time you're describing and where the Steelers are currently at.

he wants them to tank to get the coach fired. you wanted to tank for a better draft pick.

there's a difference.

and Cru - go ahead and keep thinking that you're the "best kind of fan". you're probably the same fan who wanted Cowher fired because you didn't think he could win a Super Bowl, but he did.

this is a playoff team. they will make the playoffs. you may think that it's in spite of Tomlin but if he's able to right this ship and get them there, he deserves some credit. however, if he does it, you will just say that it's because the team has talent and he had nothing to do with it.
Old 10-08-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Your Tomlin slobbering is insufferable. He's not good enough. The only difference between him and Marvin Lewis is the organization he works for, and being stuck with a coach who does just enough to keep his job worries me more than anything because the Rooneys clearly won't fire a HC without sustained losing.
Old 10-08-18, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

Tomlin's not a good "in game" type of coach. You can call that 'anti-Steeler bias' if you want but I don't think he's great at situational coaching.
Old 10-08-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

There's a laundry list of inadequacies, but he gets a pass.

Speaking of Cowher, if I recall, when he was struggling for a bit, there were rumors the Rooneys were considering bringing in Tom Coughlin. That would've been something. Bill Belichick might not even be Bill Belichick if they'd done that.
Old 10-08-18, 09:21 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Your Tomlin slobbering is insufferable. He's not good enough. The only difference between him and Marvin Lewis is the organization he works for, and being stuck with a coach who does just enough to keep his job worries me more than anything because the Rooneys clearly won't fire a HC without sustained losing.
there's no "slobbering" here at all. do i think he's perfect? no. what HC is?

but as a fan, to hope your team loses just so that ownership fires the HC? that's literally the worst kind of fan to be. technically, you're NOT a Steelers fan when you do that.
Old 10-08-18, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

Both Cowher & Tomlin walked into pretty good situations. The teams were already built to win, or close. I think that's a big reason both of them get passes because with this division and the talent they've had, these coaches could get their teams to the playoffs on auto-pilot.
Old 10-08-18, 09:32 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Both Cowher & Tomlin walked into pretty good situations. The teams were already built to win, or close. I think that's a big reason both of them get passes because with this division and the talent they've had, these coaches could get their teams to the playoffs on auto-pilot.
Noll's last 2 seasons before Cowher were 9-7, 7-9

Cowher's last season before Tomlin was 8-8

pretty sure you couldn't just walk in there, turn on the "auto-pilot" and make the playoffs.
Old 10-08-18, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
there's no "slobbering" here at all. do i think he's perfect? no. what HC is?

but as a fan, to hope your team loses just so that ownership fires the HC? that's literally the worst kind of fan to be. technically, you're NOT a Steelers fan when you do that.
Wanting the best thing for the team is not being a fan? Tomlin has won 3 playoff games in 8 years with the most talented team in the league for a number of those seasons. Those 3 playoff wins: Dolphins without Tannehill, a field goal fest against the Chiefs, and a gift by the Bengals.

He needs to go if they're going to make another SB with this core.
Old 10-08-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Noll's last 2 seasons before Cowher were 9-7, 7-9

Cowher's last season before Tomlin was 8-8

pretty sure you couldn't just walk in there, turn on the "auto-pilot" and make the playoffs.
And I call BS on this since Cowher was 11-5 his rookie year and Tomlin 10-6.

Perhaps Noll & Cowher were playing out the string towards the end of their tenures but I doubt the rosters were overhauled in a year. They both walked into talent.

Perhaps the excitement/energy of the new coach pushed a few more wins across?
Old 10-08-18, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I think that ship's close to sailing. If they don't right the ship this year I don't see a SB for them for a long time. Their window is closing fast.
Old 10-08-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Tomlin is not going anywhere. He could trip an opposing player running down the field and get a public slap on the wrist and a high five in the locker room. The Steelers have won a lot of games with him and rarely change coaches.
Old 10-08-18, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wanting the best thing for the team is not being a fan? Tomlin has won 3 playoff games in 8 years with the most talented team in the league for a number of those seasons. Those 3 playoff wins: Dolphins without Tannehill, a field goal fest against the Chiefs, and a gift by the Bengals.

If you get your wish this core is done. I can't possibly see a scenario where the Steelers have a losing season and Ben doesn't retire.
Old 10-08-18, 10:32 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:

if you think that's true then you have blinders on to what the defensive side of the football has in regards to talent.

and the offense, even with the Big 3 (who I believe haven't all been healthy for a full playoff game. maybe 1?) still hasn't been the most talented in the league.
Old 10-08-18, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
if you think that's true then you have blinders on to what the defensive side of the football has in regards to talent.

and the offense, even with the Big 3 (who I believe haven't all been healthy for a full playoff game. maybe 1?) still hasn't been the most talented in the league.
Which teams had more talent on both sides of the ball?

If Tomlin has to have the best WR in the game, the best RB in the game, and a HOF QB just to squeak out playoff games, he's not worthy of the job, and that's exactly the case.
Old 10-08-18, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Which teams had more talent on both sides of the ball?

If Tomlin has to have the best WR in the game, the best RB in the game, and a HOF QB just to squeak out playoff games, he's not worthy of the job, and that's exactly the case.
Keep in mind, the Steelers usually run into the GOAT, Tom Brady, at some point in the playoffs. Could just be the case where "if it were only another time or era."

Not football but the Cavs ran into Michael Jordan year after year. Had he not been around I firmly believe those teams would've won 2-3 titles.
Old 10-08-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

He lost to Tim Tebow
Old 10-08-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
tomlin blasting the officials is comical. while i don't like the way the game is being called its still the rules.

he's just mad b/c all the cheap shots they been dolling out for years are finally being penalized.

jtk
()
Old 10-09-18, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Jesus, if true....scumbag

https://sports.yahoo.com/lawsuit-all...141003849.html
Old 10-14-18, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

Pretty standard Steelers/Bengals game. Not a great game by the secondary
Old 10-14-18, 05:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Pretty standard Steelers/Bengals game. Not a great game by the secondary
If you're referring to the Steelers secondary, that was a GREAT game for them, by their standards. Held the Ginger Pea Shooter to his lowest output of the year. He should be embarrassed that he didn't pass for 300+ against that porous secondary.
Old 10-14-18, 05:49 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you're referring to the Steelers secondary, that was a GREAT game for them, by their standards. Held the Ginger Pea Shooter to his lowest output of the year. He should be embarrassed that he didn't pass for 300+ against that porous secondary.
or maybe the Steelers pass defense is improving...
Old 10-14-18, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

The Bengals dropped a ton of passes, especially early on. The secondary was pretty lucky
Old 10-14-18, 07:29 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
or maybe the Steelers pass defense is improving...
It was more a case of the front 7 putting consistent pressure on Dalton. I actually think Dalton played well. There were at least 5 key drops (2 Green, 2 Core and 1 Boyd) on strikes thrown by Andy.

Haden did make a few plays. Looked young again.
Old 10-15-18, 07:48 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Maybe Dalton's WR's could catch more balls that hit them right in their hands?
Old 10-15-18, 07:49 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
It was more a case of the front 7 putting consistent pressure on Dalton. I actually think Dalton played well. There were at least 5 key drops (2 Green, 2 Core and 1 Boyd) on strikes thrown by Andy.

Haden did make a few plays. Looked young again.
Steelers WR's dropped a few as well, and also 2 dropped picks by Haden.
Old 10-15-18, 07:57 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
What I don't understand is why Tomlin didn't challenge the play in the first half where it looked like Conner scored. I realize he figures well they get it first down at the 1 but man he has challenged some dumb stuff in his tenure that wouldn't have mattered much but to leave this one out to dry was mind boggling
Old 10-15-18, 08:35 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
What I don't understand is why Tomlin didn't challenge the play in the first half where it looked like Conner scored. I realize he figures well they get it first down at the 1 but man he has challenged some dumb stuff in his tenure that wouldn't have mattered much but to leave this one out to dry was mind boggling
because he already had used his one "dumba&&" challenge on the spot of the ball which clearly didn't make it to the first down marker but he thought "well, let's just waste a challenge and a timeout here anyway"

and he's probably also thinking that his team should be able to punch it in from 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line.