Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-18, 10:09 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

Here is the schedule for 2018/19 VASJ Vikings
*=NCL game, #=scrimmage, %=Tournament Draw, $ Playoffs
all JV games start at 5:30pm if Varsity starts at 7pm or 6pm if tip at 7:30pm

# 11/15 vs. Elyria Catholic 4pm @ VASJ
# 11/17 @ Canton McKinley TBA @ Canton Memorial Fieldhouse
# 11/20 @ Canton GlenOak TBA @ GlenOak HS
# 11/24 @ Massillon Jackson TBA @ Jackson HS
12/1 @ All Ohio HS Hoops Shootout vs TBA @ Columbus, OH
12/6 vs. Cleveland Hts. 7pm @ VASJ
* 12/14 vs. Archbishop Hoban 7pm @ VASJ
* 12/21 @ Cleveland Central Catholic 7pm @ St.Stan Social Center
12/27-12/29 @ NEOSHO vs TBA @ Neosho, MO
* 1/4 @ Walsh Jesuit 7pm @ Walsh Jesuit
* 1/5 vs. Warren JFK 7:30pm @ VASJ
1/8 @ Cornerstone Christian 7:30pm @ CCA
* 1/11 vs. Benedictine 7pm @ VASJ
* 1/18 vs. Gilmour Academy 7pm @ VASJ
1/21 vs. St.Ignatius 7pm @ VASJ
* 1/25 @ Archbishop Hoban 7:30pm @ Hoban
* 2/1 vs. Cleveland Central Catholic 7pm @ VASJ
* 2/8 vs. Padua Franciscan 7pm @ VASJ
2/9 @ Euclid 7pm @ Doc Daugherty Gymnasium
% 2/10 OHSAA Tournament Draw
* 2/15 @ Benedictine 7pm @ Benedictine
2/18 vs. Mentor 7pm @ VASJ -Senior Night
2/19 @ St.Vincent-St.Mary 7pm @ LeBron James Arena
2/21 @ St.Edward 7pm @ The Eagles Nest
* 2/22 @ St.Thomas Aquinas 7pm @ The Dungeon
$ 2/18-3/2 Ashtabula Sectional Tournament @ VASJ/TBA
$ 3/4-3/9 Ashtabula District Tournament @ Ashtabula Lakeside HS
$ 3/11-3/16 Canton Regional Tournament @ Canton Civic Center
$ 3/21-3/23 OHSAA Division II State Tournament @ Value City Arena

*Note all games are subject to change, schedule from vasjvikings.com and tournament dates from OHSAA.com

Last edited by C'Town216; 10-09-18 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-18, 10:22 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

From my observations for this years schedule, it is one of the toughest in the state, and the gauntlet to end the season will be brutal, as St.Joes plays 4 games in 5 days starting with Mentor at The Palace and hitting SR 8 south to St.V for a back to back with having a day off in between before headed back on the road the next day down Rt 2 West to St.Ed's and then finishing out with Aquinas in Louisville the next night. What a brutal stretch to finish the year but will be a good test come playoff time.

Regarding playoffs, based off of the tournament history and pending where the NEDB places them, we possibly will not see Benedictine or CCC until Canton as in the past they have played out of Stow-Munroe Falls District as our toughest opponent would likely end up being against Lake Catholic if both teams reach the Lakeside District Final. Also it is good to see Iggy back on the schedule this year after 3 year hiatus as well.

My big surprise is not playing Euclid until February instead of one of the first games of the year. Another is Lake Catholic not being on the schedule although it is up to the NCL now since all NCL games division play and crossover are now counted towards the NCL record. One more is the mount of scrimmages that are scheduled going down to Stark County to scrimmage some of the Federal League schools which is also a good test. Especially against McKinley and Jackson who should be on top of the D-I power rankings this year.

Last edited by C'Town216; 10-09-18 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 10:26 AM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
From my observations for this years schedule, it is one of the toughest in the state, and the gauntlet to end the season will be brutal, as St.Joes plays 4 games in 5 days starting with Mentor at The Palace and hitting SR 8 south to St.V for a back to back with having a day off in between before headed back on the road the next day down Rt 2 West to St.Ed's and then finishing out with Aquinas in Louisville the next night. What a brutal stretch to finish the year but will be a good test come playoff time.

Regarding playoffs, based off of the tournament history and pending where the NEDB places them, we possibly will not see Benedictine or CCC until Canton as in the past they have played out of Stow-Munroe Falls District as our toughest opponent would likely end up being against Lake Catholic if both teams reach the Lakeside District Final. Also it is good to see Iggy back on the schedule this year after 3 year hiatus as well.

My big surprise is not playing Euclid until February instead of one of the first games of the year. Another is Lake Catholic not being on the schedule although it is up to the NCL now since all NCL games division play and crossover are now counted towards the NCL record. One more is the mount of scrimmages that are scheduled going down to Stark County to scrimmage some of the Federal League schools which is also a good test. Especially against McKinley and Jackson who should be on top of the D-I power rankings this year.
When a military man with a D1 basketball background is calling the shots you have to embrace a schedule like this. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Like every year in the Village, it is about March so playing a schedule like this should prepare them for that again. I'm not surprised by moving the Euclid game into the season. The Vikings will be young and I am sure they want to be prepared for their cross-town rival. Playing Ignatius again is interesting since I know certain members of the program stated they would never play Iggy again after the way the school treated Sean O'Toole. I wonder who called the shot on that one?