Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-18, 08:03 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
I thought the tax cuts would pay for themselves?

“This is a uniquely imbalanced time in our fiscal history, with deficits rising despite a growing economy and low unemployment,” said Peterson. “In fact, the US is the only developed country in the world whose debt-to-GDP ratio is growing. This is a reflection of just how irresponsible our budget policies have become.”

Plus, interest rates are rising. So the government will be paying more to carry its debt.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/lets-l...eficit-number/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-18, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
We can fix the deficit any time we want to, just stop spending borrowed money. As has been discussed for decades, we don't have an income problem we have a spending problem. Stop spending money on things that aren't providing a good or service to the government. If it's not a road, a bridge, a ship, a plane, or a salary of someone working for the people - don't spend it.

Budget balanced, deficits reduced, once the debt is paid off drop taxes by 50% or more - done.
Old 10-16-18, 08:17 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
It's sad, but not surprising, that Happy doesn't understand how the government works.
Old 10-16-18, 08:22 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
When it comes to Entitlements - IF you Don't pay any Taxes - You should Not Get Anything

CBO forecasts largest-ever monthly surplus as record tax receipts pour in

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cb...-in-2018-05-08

Spending Needs to Be Overhauled
Old 10-16-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
We can fix the deficit any time we want to, just stop spending borrowed money. As has been discussed for decades, we don't have an income problem we have a spending problem. Stop spending money on things that aren't providing a good or service to the government. If it's not a road, a bridge, a ship, a plane, or a salary of someone working for the people - don't spend it.

Budget balanced, deficits reduced, once the debt is paid off drop taxes by 50% or more - done.
I agree with you in regards to having a spending problem. The problem is as much as you guys on the right want to bang that drum, you completely flip when it comes to by far the largest part of our discretionary spending.
Old 10-16-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I agree with you in regards to having a spending problem. The problem is as much as you guys on the right want to bang that drum, you completely flip when it comes to by far the largest part of our discretionary spending.
Don't deny it. Our largest discretionary spending is welfare. It's not an enumerated function of the government and was expressly opposed for the 1st 180 years of our existence.
Old 10-16-18, 08:45 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
“This is a uniquely imbalanced time in our fiscal history, with deficits rising despite a growing economy and low unemployment,” said Peterson. “In fact, the US is the only developed country in the world whose debt-to-GDP ratio is growing. This is a reflection of just how irresponsible our budget policies have become.”

Plus, interest rates are rising. So the government will be paying more to carry its debt.

I don't know about you but the tax cuts added an extra $100.00 per month to my check. Why are you against this? Better yet why are the dems against this?
Old 10-16-18, 09:46 AM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feds collect record individual income taxes in fiscal '18.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-taxes-fy-2018

We do NOT have a tax problem; we DO have a spending problem.
Old 10-16-18, 09:48 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
Feds collect record individual income taxes in fiscal '18.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-taxes-fy-2018

We do NOT have a tax problem; we DO have a spending problem.
You are singing to the choir! Democrats do not understand over spending they only understand under taxing.
Old 10-16-18, 09:58 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
Soo.... Interesting

Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cuttin...r-trumps-wall/

So - the Caravan is Heading our Way - yet again from Where ?

An illegal immigrant was charged with allegedly "viciously" raping a woman on Long Island for an hour after following her home and knocking her out, officials said.

Ever Martinez-Reyes, 24, a native of El Salvador
.. sending him back isn't Justice

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...f-woman-police

We could actually be Saving Future Money by Putting up a Wall - NOW.
Old 10-16-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Don't deny it. Our largest discretionary spending is welfare. It's not an enumerated function of the government and was expressly opposed for the 1st 180 years of our existence.
Sorry, it doesn't fall under discretionary spending. Either way, I'm perfectly fine cutting welfare, you're not fine with "defense" spending cuts. Again, you want to say we have a spending problem but only want to address areas that you have a problem with.
Old 10-16-18, 10:17 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
You are singing to the choir! Democrats do not understand over spending they only understand under taxing.
Last I checked the GOP is in charge of spending (and tax cuts) The issue is used to obstruct any action by Dems and then completely thrown out the window when GOP is in charge. I have not heard a peep from Grover Norquist or Paul Ryan.
Old 10-16-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Last I checked the GOP is in charge of spending (and tax cuts) The issue is used to obstruct any action by Dems and then completely thrown out the window when GOP is in charge. I have not heard a peep from Grover Norquist or Paul Ryan.
Al only cares about deficits when a D is in charge just like you only care about them when an R is in charge. That's how you end up in this mess.
Old 10-16-18, 10:34 AM
All American

Quote:
You know there are enough D's in office if you wanted to help in slowing down the spending you could have. I heard no one yelling until it passed and then they do all they can to say the R's are the ones over spending when this bad habit has been going on for how long? Trump has been quoted as saying he took bad advice and signed the bill, says it will not happen again. Let's vote R and keep him to his word. Will not happen if the D's are in charge, now will it? Tell me the last time the D's pushed for a balanced budget and really meant it?
Old 10-16-18, 10:46 AM
All World

Neither team is "really" ever pushing for a balanced budget is my main point. One just screams a lot and does the opposite when they take the reins. CHS's medicare funded boner pills ain't gonna pay for themselves.

Food stamps is a rounding error. Illegal immigration may not even impact the deficit at all. (pre camps and cages)

Defense/SS/Medicare/Interest.
Old 10-16-18, 11:04 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
To be fair, the tax cuts have paid for themselves. Revenue has gone up.
Old 10-16-18, 11:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
The mistake made is so has spending.
Old 10-16-18, 11:34 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
What he said. Yes, in fact, the tax cuts did pay for themselves.
Old 10-16-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Neither team is "really" ever pushing for a balanced budget is my main point. One just screams a lot and does the opposite when they take the reins. CHS's medicare funded boner pills ain't gonna pay for themselves.

Food stamps is a rounding error. Illegal immigration may not even impact the deficit at all. (pre camps and cages)

Defense/SS/Medicare/Interest.
Well your middle two were started by Dems and a holy tenet of the Dems. Your fouth is directly related to the middle two no?
Old 10-16-18, 11:56 AM
All Yappi

Happy you also realize the defense spending is approximately 15% of the budget right?
Old 10-16-18, 12:54 PM
All World

So the taxes either did not pay for themselves or spending is way up or most likely both. I would think Grover would be all over the media freaking out about the country going bankrupt, but he is not.

Trump is touting the reduction of illegal immigration and unemployment/less people on food stamps....so what gives?
Old 10-16-18, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

So no answer to my two posts, got it. Stupid, rotten facts
Old 10-16-18, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So the taxes either did not pay for themselves or spending is way up or most likely both. I would think Grover would be all over the media freaking out about the country going bankrupt, but he is not.

Trump is touting the reduction of illegal immigration and unemployment/less people on food stamps....so what gives?
It can’t be both. The government is currently collecting a record amount of tax revenue every month. The cuts clearly paid for themselves.

Not sure why you’re having so much trouble grasping this, and wasting effort trying to pivot away from your dumb statement.
Old 10-16-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Sorry, it doesn't fall under discretionary spending. Either way, I'm perfectly fine cutting welfare, you're not fine with "defense" spending cuts. Again, you want to say we have a spending problem but only want to address areas that you have a problem with.
I have no problem cutting defense, but to do that you have to change the requirements for the military. The budget for the military is based on the mission selected by the civilian leadership. That includes defense, geo-stabilization, force projection, and in some cases creating/maintaining specific critical industries.

But people don't like to look at cutting the cost of education by looking at what we are really asking for and paying for - we don't necessarily need people with Master's degrees teaching kids in kindergarten or 1st through 5th grade. If someone can teach 7th grade geography with a bachelors degree (maybe even an associates degree) why do we pay someone twice that just because they have an advanced degree if it's not required for the job? In private industry we don't pay engineers doing the same job that they were doing right out of college 2X or 3X or 4X what they were making just because they hung around for 35 years. We don't give someone a raise for getting a Masters of PhD unless there's a benefit for having the advanced degree (getting more work done, R&D, can charge more for their time, etc.).

Like healthcare, we never look at the actual costs of healthcare and give someone a choice - you can be cured for $4 per week over a 6 week period or $1000 by tomorrow. Some advances are just expensive alternatives to things that already work - why not use that to offer cheaper alternatives for Medicaid/Medicare or private insurance?

I'm watching a private company put up new roads and overpasses much cheaper than the same company would do it for the government because they can pay local wages and not union scale wages.

Things could be drastically improved for taxpayers, if government really worked for the people.
Old 10-16-18, 02:34 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Social security, Medicare, and Medicaid are all mandates expenses.
Old 10-16-18, 04:18 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I assume you refer to the massive debt that the train wreck known as the Obama years stick us with. Yep. Thanks Barack
Old 10-16-18, 04:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
I assume you refer to the massive debt that the train wreck known as the Obama years stick us with. Yep. Thanks Barack
Explain to me how Trump or W/Bush/Reagan reduced the deficit.
Old 10-16-18, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Explain to me how Trump or W/Bush/Reagan reduced the deficit.
Squirrel
Old 10-16-18, 10:00 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
What he said. Yes, in fact, the tax cuts did pay for themselves.
What that fool said was in fact totally false and you were dumb enough to cosign it. Citing CBO figures,The tax bill is producing about $400 billion worth of extra growth, with about half of that, $200 billion, coming from the corporate side. But the corporate cuts cost about $600 billion meaning that the corporate tax cuts are paying about a third of their cost.They are not even close to paying for themselves , like it or not those are the facts and they can't be disputed
Old 10-16-18, 10:15 PM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
What that fool said was in fact totally false and you were dumb enough to cosign it. Citing CBO figures,The tax bill is producing about $400 billion worth of extra growth, with about half of that, $200 billion, coming from the corporate side. But the corporate cuts cost about $600 billion meaning that the corporate tax cuts are paying about a third of their cost.They are not even close to paying for themselves , like it or not those are the facts and they can't be disputed
You said the tax cuts are producing an extra 400 billion. So that means the government took in what the would normally take in plus an extra 400 billion.
So even with taking in less on the corporate side the government is up an extra 400 billion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: